Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Yeah the translator is focusing on another game right now so this one is on the back burner for a while
Is there any estimate for how long it will be until they come back to this game? Also, what game are they working on atm?

fraazx

Feb 6, 2018
Is there any estimate for how long it will be until they come back to this game? Also, what game are they working on atm?
Update on Desire Eater manual translation as I don't want to spam the current game thread: I have teamed up with K3NJ1 to work on finishing Desire Eater. I am going to put it forward as my primary project for awhile and get it out there. After that it is back to working on Anera. (This was from Dec 16 on the translator profile post and last post about it as far as I'm aware)
Edit: Well good news for Anera, I went to Desire eater forum and saw this;
Anera the Demon tower is my priority right now, this game is my backup in case I get bored sorta game. When I am done with Anera this will get my full attention. it is far smaller of a game overall, just more of a pain in the ass to deal with but not hard since alot of the more annoying stuff has already been done and the images were already translated by masterdragonson and he has given his blessing for them to be used in my project as well. After that I am going to start looking at a side project I wanted to do for something different. Then I think I am going to go back and translate some of the doublemelon games. That was the first game I translated and I have a soft spot for the way they setup games. but as always stuff is subject to change. As long as I don't get stuck in a huge rut again I should get these knocked out this year. Anera is on schedule to be done in summer 2021. (The translator post)

Last edited:

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Update on Desire Eater manual translation as I don't want to spam the current game thread: I have teamed up with K3NJ1 to work on finishing Desire Eater. I am going to put it forward as my primary project for awhile and get it out there. After that it is back to working on Anera. (This was from Dec 16 on the translator profile post and last post about it as far as I'm aware)
Edit: Well good news for Anera, I went to Desire eater forum and saw this;
Anera the Demon tower is my priority right now, this game is my backup in case I get bored sorta game. When I am done with Anera this will get my full attention. it is far smaller of a game overall, just more of a pain in the ass to deal with but not hard since alot of the more annoying stuff has already been done and the images were already translated by masterdragonson and he has given his blessing for them to be used in my project as well. After that I am going to start looking at a side project I wanted to do for something different. Then I think I am going to go back and translate some of the doublemelon games. That was the first game I translated and I have a soft spot for the way they setup games. but as always stuff is subject to change. As long as I don't get stuck in a huge rut again I should get these knocked out this year. Anera is on schedule to be done in summer 2021. (The translator post)
This is some great news! Thank you for posting this to the thread.

Reactions: fraazx

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Hey all, been awhile. Apologies for not providing an update for awhile. I have been quite busy. With that being said I come to you all with some good news. I am 802 lines away from finishing the map files completely for Anera! After that all that remains is the sub events for H-scenes (like prostitution events) The main story will be completely playable. My game plan is to release a pre-release like I did with my first Major project. this serves as a way for playtesting to occur and me to get feedback as I proofread and bug hunt. This will be done hopefully by the end of the month. After that I expect to spend maybe a month or 2 finishing common events. (Estimated release date barring I don't get burnt out or distracted by IRL disasters again) I am going to estimate July or august. I will do my best to meet this goal. I feel like setting a deadline at this point would be good for me to have a goal to work towards and some accountability for finishing the project.

More details soon hopefully.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Another quick update on Anera. I have effectively 2 files left to complete

Map 90 and common events.

Common events is about 60% done.

Map 90 has like 200-400 lines of text to deal with. I would say the game is about 90% done at this point. I expect I will finish map 90 sometimes tomorrow or Tuesday (probably Tuesday because I will probably split the map file in half).

Once the map files are done I will be going into bug fixing and proofreading mode. I haven't decided but I may release a pre build of the game for proofreading or if I don't release it I will get a few of the people I know to test it and help me proofread. Alot of the early work I am not really happy with as I was still a noob back when I started this project and I want to touch up alot of the mistakes I made.

I am hoping the project will be done in a few months.

Edit: So I couldn't wait and finished it! all maps are complete and everything looks good so far. All I have to do is finish the common events and we are 100% done. More soon.

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Update: Bad news unfortunately. I have been testing / proofreading and found the image of the game I used for the translation has a terminal error in it. I don't know how many of you remember the early days of this MTL, where you would not Skip the OP and it would go directly to a bad end? Well guess what? It's fucking back with a vengeance and better yet it exists in the japanese version with no translation added. So I came to the conclusion the entire translation is poisoned. Yay!

Now the good news. Me and a few others fixed this awhile back, so what I found is that if I use the files from the MTL (ironic right?) I can fix the bug. So now I have to go into the MTL file and put my translation into it manually.... line by line...after retranslating the file the entire night last night.... so a set back but we can hopefully work around it. The downside is until this is fixed I can't continue working on the translation.

Additional update(very bad news but not really thankfully):

So.... I did some digging and found out that 1.30 has the bug in it. the problem is on the developers end. the issue went away in the MTL because it was using a map from a previous version... So I now have the corrected game version and hopefully I can use the corrected version and find the issue and fix it then get on with this game translation.

Update 3: I see the problem now. Looking at the correct code made it clear what went wrong. Now it can finally be fixed the right way.

Update 4: the bug is DEAD for good now. Also found some untranslated lines so a win win. We are back on track faster then I expected.

Last edited:

Custom_sKing

Apr 16, 2020
Update: Bad news unfortunately. I have been testing / proofreading and found the image of the game I used for the translation has a terminal error in it. I don't know how many of you remember the early days of this MTL, where you would not Skip the OP and it would go directly to a bad end? Well guess what? It's fucking back with a vengeance and better yet it exists in the japanese version with no translation added. So I came to the conclusion the entire translation is poisoned. Yay!

Now the good news. Me and a few others fixed this awhile back, so what I found is that if I use the files from the MTL (ironic right?) I can fix the bug. So now I have to go into the MTL file and put my translation into it manually.... line by line...after retranslating the file the entire night last night.... so a set back but we can hopefully work around it. The downside is until this is fixed I can't continue working on the translation.

Additional update(very bad news but not really thankfully):

So.... I did some digging and found out that 1.30 has the bug in it. the problem is on the developers end. the issue went away in the MTL because it was using a map from a previous version... So I now have the corrected game version and hopefully I can use the corrected version and find the issue and fix it then get on with this game translation.

Update 3: I see the problem now. Looking at the correct code made it clear what went wrong. Now it can finally be fixed the right way.

Update 4: the bug is DEAD for good now. Also found some untranslated lines so a win win. We are back on track faster then I expected.
What a rollercoaster comment.

MTL saves the day!

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Another update.

Proofreading and common events translation continues. Got some valuable feedback from a fellow translator and F95 member during our first proofreading session. Proofreading will take some time and common events has been a pain in the ass to translate but I am knocking things out slowly but surely. About 92 side events are needing to be translated. If I do one event a day I can expect the translation to be done sometime in August. Then proofreading needs to be done again. So yea, we are still on track to be done in summer 2021.

Side note I figured I would address the reasons behind the length of this translation. The game itself is not that long however I am just extraordinarily slow when translating. I work full time and translate when I feel like it. Not daily sometimes I have gone months without touching the project because I just don't have time.

I realize I have a serious problem with being transparent and have received feedback recently that some people are under the impression I've abandoned this project. I have not, I am just trying to balance being an adult and actually taking time to do something other then work and translate :ROFLMAO:

it may not be necessary, but I apologize for the length of time this has taken. I very much dislike knowing there are people waiting for this to get done patiently and I just haven't given them much more then lip service and assurance it will get done. I realize that only goes so far. That being said, I appreciate those of you who have been waiting patiently for so long. I hope I can meet this deadline I set for myself because I don't want to continue to make promises and then not deliver. That isn't the kind of translator I ever wanted to be and I'm going to work on that in the future. Setting time tables and meeting them.

TLDR: To those waiting for the game. You're awesome and I appreciate how patient you are being despite how much of a unorganized dick head I can be lol.

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
I realize I have a serious problem with being transparent....
Maybe it's just because most translation projects don't come onto my radar until they're done and posted in this section of the forum, but frankly you've been pretty transparent, from what I've seen. Hell, it's why I took interest in this game to begin with - must be decent enough for a proper translation, lol.

Reactions: Silentce

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
An ETA on the translation's completion por favor?
I am trying by summer this year but that depends on me and how productive I am. there is quite a bit left and I also have to proofread and try and balance work and enjoying myself I don't want to translate every day all day when I am not working and have no fun, been there done that and it didn't help me any.

The best answer I can give is it will be done when it is done. Every effort is being made to finish by summer but I am a busy adult and realistically being I don't paid for this it isn't a priority compared to my job and health.

Templar Knight

Feb 2, 2018
Hey guys, i have two quicky questions :
1- after the ending, is possible to continue to play ?
2- i read about the game is 95 % translated, but is possible get good ending ?
thanks in advance and sorry for the broken english, is not my native language.

3.80 star(s) 16 Votes