4.70 star(s) 6 Votes

Sayora

Oct 17, 2017
Yes, that's a disturbing possibility. We're getting into spoilers here:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I finished the game and honestly didn’t notice any reason why the poor woman or android had to happily follow the orders of her “savior”.
Quite the oposite, real artificial intelligence is not limited by the laws of robotics but is guided by the instincts of self-preservation inherent in all living beings attempted to escape or eliminate the threat

I repeat - this game is about a moral degenerate and a rapist slightly salted with the morality of the human-machine relationship

Would a normal person say - I saved you, now take my dick in your mouth, otherwise they will dismantle you for organs ?

however, there are fans for such games

Last edited:

demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
I finished the game and honestly didn’t notice any reason why the poor woman or android had to happily follow the orders of her “savior”.
Quite the oposite, real artificial intelligence is not limited by the laws of robotics but is guided by the instincts of self-preservation inherent in all living beings attempted to escape or eliminate the threat

I repeat - this game is about a moral degenerate and a rapist slightly salted with the morality of the human-machine relationship

Would a normal person say - I saved you, now take my dick in your mouth, otherwise they will dismantle you for organs ?

however, there are fans for such games
or maybe people just treat "machine" and actual human beings differently in the game? it could be a possible explanation

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
...real artificial intelligence is not limited by the laws of robotics but is guided by the instincts of self-preservation inherent in all living beings attempted to escape or eliminate the threat
As we have yet to encounter "real artificial intelligence" in the real world we have no real way to know how such will think, or react to the situations we place such in.

And while those way more knowledgeable than me about AI, and about how existing sentient beings think, may speculate on how "real artificial intelligence" may behave, it is just that "speculation".

And with all the real concern about "real artificial intelligence" potentially being "smarter" and eventually more able that those that helped create it, it is quite possible that something like Asimov's Laws of Robotics will be hard-wired into such AI.

Belphegor666

Sep 17, 2019
Reposting my review from Andrash's bdsm thread

Animus Non Grata
BDSM rating: 5/5
Star rating: ****

Played v0.9.0 – the game’s story is complete and playable, but the renders are not finished yet (3/7 chapters have art so far). It’s html based visual novel with backgroundmusic. There quite a few choices (mostly boiling down to whether you are submissive or defiant) and a handful of different endings. For those who don’t like reading, be aware, that this is more an illustrated story than a game.
You play a woman who wakes up in Don’s house and are told that you are an android he saved from being scrapped. In exchange he wants you to be his sub until he removes the countermeasures from your body.
Has spanking, male domination, whipping, breath play, bondage, blindfolds, gags, device bondage and rough sex.
The renders are pretty, writing style is pretty good, sex scenes are well done and it’s obvious that the creator put in a lot of effort.
Now – to the bad parts – In every timeline, except for the on where you enthusiastically obey him and enjoy everything he does, Don comes across as an abusive, raging asshole and it’s no surprise that his wife left him. For someone supposedly into bdsm he really doesn’t get the whole consent thing. If the MC refuses, hesitates or asks him to slow down he is always a cruel ass-hat and does it anyway or punishes her. Which would be fine if he was depicted as a sadist that saved an android to get his own sex slave or if he didn’t consider her a person but the narration does not do that.
Recommended with the caveat that I consider Don an abusive predator who doesn’t understand bdsm.

-

Normally I don't repost them in their threads, but here I wanted to tell FlimsyLegs my thoughts. First I enjoyed the game, but like I mentioned the only playthrough, that feels organic is the one where you enthusiastically submit - and even there Don feels like a bit of a dick.
I'm not entirely sure how you could fix this since you already set up the story that way. On the romantic path you could introduce a fourth stat - Don_Consideration - that improves if you play along and has him act more kindly to the MC if she tells him to slow down or that she doesn't want to do something. Even a short scene inserted where he slows down or has a conversation with her after which she consents to his action would help make him more sympathetic.

On the defiant path - no idea really.
Don't get me wrong - I love the hard bdsm scenes, but there is a real dissonance between his nice moments and his asshole rapist moments. Maybe make the MC less defiant? Or make him more of an asshole who doesn't consider her a real person and gets more and more cruel until he ends up locking her up in a cage in the basement as his rape slave if she isn't compliant. That would make his character on the romantic path a lot more suspect though - is he only nice to her because she complies...

Or play up the "android, designed as a sex slave" thing - you hinted at it during the beginning where Don mentioned that he has to correct her if she starts acting outside of her training - maybe have her start going unstable immediately if she doesn't get some kind of bdsm-play, forcing Don to forcibly stabilising her with harsh bdsm play (thus giving him an excuse, because it's for her own good)

Seriously - it's up to you, but it doesn't work the way it is now. Hope that wasn't demoralising but constructive. I did enjoy the game. ;)

Reactions: FlimsyLegs

FlimsyLegs

Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023

Animus Non Grata

Played v0.9.0 – the game’s story is complete and playable, but the renders are not finished yet (3/7 chapters have art so far). It’s html based visual novel with backgroundmusic. There quite a few choices (mostly boiling down to whether you are submissive or defiant) and a handful of different endings. For those who don’t like reading, be aware, that this is more an illustrated story than a game.
You play a woman who wakes up in Don’s house and are told that you are an android he saved from being scrapped. In exchange he wants you to be his sub until he removes the countermeasures from your body.
Has spanking, male domination, whipping, breath play, bondage, blindfolds, gags, device bondage and rough sex.
The renders are pretty, writing style is pretty good, sex scenes are well done and it’s obvious that the creator put in a lot of effort.
Now – to the bad parts – In every timeline, except for the on where you enthusiastically obey him and enjoy everything he does, Don comes across as an abusive, raging asshole and it’s no surprise that his wife left him. For someone supposedly into bdsm he really doesn’t get the whole consent thing. If the MC refuses, hesitates or asks him to slow down he is always a cruel ass-hat and does it anyway or punishes her. Which would be fine if he was depicted as a sadist that saved an android to get his own sex slave or if he didn’t consider her a person but the narration does not do that.
Recommended with the caveat that I consider Don an abusive predator who doesn’t understand bdsm.

-

Normally I don't repost them in their threads, but here I wanted to tell FlimsyLegs my thoughts. First I enjoyed the game, but like I mentioned the only playthrough, that feels organic is the one where you enthusiastically submit - and even there Don feels like a bit of a dick.
I'm not entirely sure how you could fix this since you already set up the story that way. On the romantic path you could introduce a fourth stat - Don_Consideration - that improves if you play along and has him act more kindly to the MC if she tells him to slow down or that she doesn't want to do something. Even a short scene inserted where he slows down or has a conversation with her after which she consents to his action would help make him more sympathetic.

Don't get me wrong - I love the hard bdsm scenes, but there is a real dissonance between his nice moments and his asshole rapist moments. Maybe make the MC less defiant? Or make him more of an asshole who doesn't consider her a real person and gets more and more cruel until he ends up locking her up in a cage in the basement as his rape slave if she isn't compliant. That would make his character on the romantic path a lot more suspect though - is he only nice to her because she complies...

Or play up the "android, designed as a sex slave" thing - you hinted at it during the beginning where Don mentioned that he has to correct her if she starts acting outside of her training - maybe have her start going unstable immediately if she doesn't get some kind of bdsm-play, forcing Don to forcibly stabilising her with harsh bdsm play (thus giving him an excuse, because it's for her own good)

Seriously - it's up to you, but it doesn't work the way it is now. Hope that wasn't demoralising but constructive. I did enjoy the game. ;)
First of all, thank you for sharing your review here too. I wouldn't see it otherwise!

Your feedback is exactly the kind of thing I've been looking for, concrete examples where the story needs improvement. I think I know why the defiant path isn't as good: It's because the submissive path was the primary focus, and in order to give the players' submissive actions weight, there needed (in my mind needed) to be a defiant path as well.

I can't promise these things will be fixes in future versions of the game, but if there are any rewrites of the story, the defiant path is for sure the first priority.

Reactions: Belphegor666

SpeedyGDOG

Jan 19, 2023
CONTENT WARNING: This game features scenes that many may consider disturbing ? what you mean the robot ? what?

leofi

Aug 7, 2017
First of all, thank you for sharing your review here too. I wouldn't see it otherwise!

Your feedback is exactly the kind of thing I've been looking for, concrete examples where the story needs improvement. I think I know why the defiant path isn't as good: It's because the submissive path was the primary focus, and in order to give the players' submissive actions weight, there needed (in my mind needed) to be a defiant path as well.

I can't promise these things will be fixes in future versions of the game, but if there are any rewrites of the story, the defiant path is for sure the first priority.
I just played it on the defiant path and i loved it but i REALLY; REALLY wish there was a way to get a more happy ending on the defiant path, amore satisfying ending where you accuse Don that he is a monster for everything he did and kill him or at least escape him and find a way to be free and hopefully happy in a less uncertain way than the Incertus Postremo ending

leofi

Aug 7, 2017
Like it would be cool to add such an ending to the defiant path and call it Animo Liberatum in contrast to the Animo Liberum of the high love path where Don allows you to leave himself

I just played it on the defiant path and i loved it but i REALLY; REALLY wish there was a way to get a more happy ending on the defiant path, amore satisfying ending where you accuse Don that he is a monster for everything he did and kill him or at least escape him and find a way to be free and hopefully happy in a less uncertain way than the Incertus Postremo ending

possionthefish1

Jul 30, 2023
Got ED.3 ; - ;

Thank you very much for the game.

I really enjoy your story, now will try to get a good ending.

Amanda best girl can't wait for more art :D

FlimsyLegs

Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
I think this was a good idea. In the soon-to-be-out version 0.11.0 you can get a new good ending.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: leofi

FlimsyLegs

Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023

Animus Non Grata

-

I went ahead and completely rewrote the defiant path's dialogue between Amanda and Don, affecting over 50 passages. The story has quite a different feel now. I'll be releasing this version 0.11.0 soon (hopefully in less than a week). Hopefully you can play through the defiant path again to see the difference and let me know if the new direction works or falls flat. I'll ping you when the release is out.

FlimsyLegs

Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023

Animus Non Grata

-

Version 0.11.0 is out now. It takes a while for f95zone thread to be updated, but you can download or play it directly from itch.io:

Full changelog:

Everyone's feedback is appreciated on this new defiant path. Does it work better as a story, are there still issues, etc.

leofi

Aug 7, 2017
I will try it but i dont really like the new premise on her being a bdsm android. Makes the idea of defying him less satisfying and does take away meaning to your agency as the player. I would have preferred to just change the non defiant path making clear that he is more gentle when you submit willingly and that he is a sadistic asshole if you dont.
Also it truly doesnt make much sense as a concept that she would be able to be so defiant if her programming had been that from the start

leofi

Aug 7, 2017
Ok i played it and these are my thoughts:

- I reaffirm that i REALLY dont like the new premise on you being a bdsm sex android as an excuse for him treating you like shit. It does make defying him less satisfying, takes agency away from you as the player and it doesnt realy make much sense that you would be able to so defiant if you had that programming from the start.
- A much better solution IMO to the contrast between how Don behaves in the love path and how he does in the defiant path would have been to just make very clear that he is more gentle if you submit willingly but is a total sadist asshole if you dont.
- In some scenes on the defiant path anyway his sadistic nature still shows through and at times he does say that he enjoys it if you resist or that he doesnt care if you feel hurt (like when you tell him you feel like torn in a half andhe says that he cannot say he is sorry about that)

- The scene where you kill Don in the defiant path still feels kinda dull and weird. Like it seems you kill him ONLY out of fearing you may be Hannah and of not understanding your situation and that you absolutly didnt kill him for how he behaved towards you which makes feel all your defiant points and all the times you picked the option about feeling angry at him rather meaningless
- The Animus Liberatio ending is pretty good imo and it makes you feel like you have found a path to freedom and perhaps happiness for yourself. The way it is done is also nice.

FlimsyLegs

FlimsyLegs

Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
Ok i played it and these are my thoughts:

- I reaffirm that i REALLY dont like the new premise on you being a bdsm sex android as an excuse for him treating you like shit. It does make defying him less satisfying, takes agency away from you as the player and it doesnt realy make much sense that you would be able to so defiant if you had that programming from the start.
- A much better solution IMO to the contrast between how Don behaves in the love path and how he does in the defiant path would have been to just make very clear that he is more gentle if you submit willingly but is a total sadist asshole if you dont.
- In some scenes on the defiant path anyway his sadistic nature still shows through and at times he does say that he enjoys it if you resist or that he doesnt care if you feel hurt (like when you tell him you feel like torn in a half andhe says that he cannot say he is sorry about that)

- The scene where you kill Don in the defiant path still feels kinda dull and weird. Like it seems you kill him ONLY out of fearing you may be Hannah and of not understanding your situation and that you absolutly didnt kill him for how he behaved towards you which makes feel all your defiant points and all the times you picked the option about feeling angry at him rather meaningless
- The Animus Liberatio ending is pretty good imo and it makes you feel like you have found a path to freedom and perhaps happiness for yourself. The way it is done is also nice.

FlimsyLegs
Thank you for your feedback. I was a little bit worried that the new premise would "feel flat". I may just have to make a 180 degree turn on this and just remove the "friendly scenes" when going down the defiant path. The problem always was the tone not being consistent, and the current version 0.11.0 tries to align the tone towards a common storyline regardless if you go down defiant or submissive path.

As for when you kill Don, good to know that it feels dull and weird. I would probably fix that my just adding a bit more inner dialogue and another choice in the end where you deliberately kill him for hurting you.

• Red Heart
Reactions: leofi
4.70 star(s) 6 Votes