KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
I might be forgetting an earlier part, didn't Anna mention that she had encountered John before he came to stay with them and he was kind of creepy or made an advance on her when she was his son's gf?

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
All the characters you have mentioned are somewhat relevant to the main story but JOHN is a douchebag who just stays with his son and seems he has nowhere to go!
He's a disaster as a character if he keeps recurring for more updates because he resides with Andrew and Anna that is why he makes minor yet boring appearances

Honestly most people here don't like JOHN as a character!
It's irrelevant what most people here think of John. The only thing that matters is what patrons think of him. You can't assume just because you don't like him as a character, that that is reciprocated throughout the majority of people who play the game. If John was as unpopular as you claim, he never would have got the amount of scenes he has. So I think you're wrong. I visit this thread several times everyday, and I don't see the general dislike for John here that you claim. He may not be the most popular character, but he's hardly the most unpopular either.

Also, it might appear that he's been living with them forever, but the reality is, he's only been there just over a month. And during over half of that, his son suffered a life threatening injury, which gives him a very good reason to stick around. And what exactly makes him a douchebag? He contributed nearly half of the money towards Andrew's operation, and the backstory suggests he was a good father and husband as well. He also didn't take advantage of Anna, when he could easily have done so, after she made a drunken pass at him. Apart from him being a bit of a ladies man during the game, I don't see anything that makes him particularly bad ( and if being promiscuous makes you a douchebag, then Anna is surely No 1).

Last edited:

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
That would be correct.
That wasn't entirely correct. During the flashback when they visited Andrew in hospital, it was made clear that Anna's earlier views of John were not accurate. She had a crush on him, and far from him making a pass on her, it was actually the other way around. And when he didn't reciprocate, she got angry with him, and rather than accept the truth that she'd been rejected, decided to act as if it had been her, rejecting him.

That's why he's somewhat confused during their early contacts in Chapter 1. Because he was under the impression that she really liked him.

RecklessOG

Dec 25, 2023
It's irrelevant what most people here think of John. The only thing that matters is what patrons think of him. You can't assume just because you don't like him as a character, that that is reciprocated throughout the majority of people who play the game. If John was as unpopular as you claim, he never would have got the amount of scenes he has. So I think you're wrong. I visit this thread several times everyday, and I don't see the general dislike for John here that you claim. He may not be the most popular character, but he's hardly the most unpopular either.

Also, it might appear that he's been living with them forever, but the reality is, he's only been there just over a month. And during over half of that, his son suffered a life threatening injury, which gives him a very good reason to stick around. And what exactly makes him a douchebag? He contributed nearly half of the money towards Andrew's operation, and the backstory suggests he was a good father and husband as well. He also didn't take advantage of Anna, when he could easily have done so, after she made a drunken pass at him. Apart from him being a bit of a ladies man during the game, I don't see anything that makes him particularly bad ( and if being promiscuous makes you a douchebag, then Anna is surely No 1).
He contributes money only when player selects the choice of telling him the truth!

Also u haven't mentioned the fact of him bringing girls in apartment so in fact he's definitely not LOYAL type which you are trying to prove

Reactions: DD3DD

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
All the characters you have mentioned are somewhat relevant to the main story but JOHN is a douchebag who just stays with his son and seems he has nowhere to go!
He's a disaster as a character if he keeps recurring for more updates becaus
He contributes money only when player selects the choice of telling him the truth!

Also u haven't mentioned the fact of him bringing girls in apartment so in fact he's definitely not LOYAL type which you are trying to prove
I'm sure I'm not getting the point about his loyalty, bearing in mind Anna is currently having sex with about 10 times as many people as he is. Plus, they're not actually in any kind of formal relationship, beyond being fuck buddies, which I'm sure doesn't preclude them seeing other people. Yes, Anna gets jealous, but then she gets insanely jealous if anyone shows the slightest bit of interest in anyone but her. Remember Alfred, when her and Rebecca were helping him in the garden, and he was staring at Rebecca's butt, because she wasn't wearing any panties. Anna got so jealous about that, simply because his attention wasn't on her, for a few minutes.

I'm not trying to make out that John is a saint, because he isn't. He obviously likes women, and playing the field. But Anna is doing exactly the same thing, just a lot more. So I fail to get the point you're trying to make? If he's a douchebag because of this, then she must be as well. And I don't think you're trying to suggest that, so there must be some other reason him being such a jerk in your eyes ( ie you simply don't like him)

And as for the money. If she doesn't tell him about it, then he doesn't know. Remember, Anna herself initially believed that the operation would be covered by Andrew's insurance, so why wouldn't John think the same, if Anna neglected to tell him?

RecklessOG

Dec 25, 2023
I'm sure I'm not getting the point about his loyalty, bearing in mind Anna is currently having sex with about 10 times as many people as he is. Plus, they're not actually in any kind of formal relationship, beyond being fuck buddies, which I'm sure doesn't preclude them seeing other people. Yes, Anna gets jealous, but then she gets insanely jealous if anyone shows the slightest bit of interest in anyone but her. Remember Alfred, when her and Rebecca were helping him in the garden, and he was staring at Rebecca's butt, because she wasn't wearing any panties. Anna got so jealous about that, simply because his attention wasn't on her, for a few minutes.

I'm not trying to make out that John is a saint, because he isn't. He obviously likes women, and playing the field. But Anna is doing exactly the same thing, just a lot more. So I fail to get the point you're trying to make? If he's a douchebag because of this, then she must be as well. And I don't think you're trying to suggest that, so there must be some other reason him being such a jerk in your eyes ( ie you simply don't like him)

And as for the money. If she doesn't tell him about it, then he doesn't know. Remember, Anna herself initially believed that the operation would be covered by Andrew's insurance, so why wouldn't John think the same, if Anna neglected to tell him?
[/QUOTE
Sidenote:JOHN is a not the main protagonist like Anna! Anna's role in this game is TO CHEAT! JOHN is not as much desperate for Anna that's why his loyalty is in question since he's making out with other girls!
No hate to the character but it's his recurring occurence which is the problem!
There are so many great characters in this game:Carl, Taxman,Mayor, Ashley but they don't seem to get any scenes

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
Sidenote:JOHN is a not the main protagonist like Anna! Anna's role in this game is TO CHEAT! JOHN is not as much desperate for Anna that's why his loyalty is in question since he's making out with other girls!
There are so many great characters in this game:Carl, Taxman,Mayor, Ashley but they don't seem to get any scenes
Just from my perspective: Carl and great character is a contradiction in terms. It is still a mystery to me why Carl is still alive.

Reactions: Maviarab

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
I think we've already established that your belief that he appears too much is mistaken. Three appearances in an 11 day period ( two of which were really short) is hardly excessive. Of the characters you mention, Carl is currently in hiding and therefore out of the picture, so it's hardly surprising we don't get much content with him (but he will be in the next update). The Taxman was never intended to be a major character. Deep said years ago, he would appear from time to time, and he has. The Mayor is obviously going to play a key role in the next main office storyline, so I fully expect to be seeing more of him in future updates. And Ashley. I don't think the Devs know what to do with him, because he was initially intended to be an antagonist, but the way the storyline has developed, he's become someone Anna almost likes. And by doing so, they've effectively boxed themselves in, by making him a bad boy character who can't be that bad anymore. The problem is, Anna no longer needs to cam on his channel, because she has so many other potential ways to make money. And if you rule that out, all your left with is Ashley hanging out with Andrew, like happened during the cosplay event.

If there was any big plan for Ashley, it would have already happened. Which leads me to believe, he's been relegated to secondary character status, along with Patricia, Ethan and Robert.

Reactions: khantus and Smirniy

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
Just from my perspective: Carl and great character is a contradiction in terms. It is still a mystery to me why Carl is still alive.
I always thought Carl was a bit bland. But since they made him into a villain, he seems more interesting. I think Anna still needs to establish exactly what Carl has been up to, and especially if he's arranged for incriminating evidence to find it's way to the Police, if something bad happens to him.

I think there are possibly more secrets still to be revealed about Carl's plots. And that's maybe why he has to stick around?

Last edited:

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
I always thought Carl was a bit bland. But since they made him into a villain, he seems more interesting. I think Anna still needs to establish exactly what Carl has been up to, and especially if he's arranged for incriminating evidence to find it's way to the Police, if something bad happens to him.

I think there are possibly more secrets still to be revealed about Carl's plots. And that's maybe why he has to stick around?
OK, that's an interesting approach to keep an eye on. Anyway, Carls is and will remain number one on my "hit" list!

Reactions: Zara Scarlet

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
OK, that's an interesting approach to keep an eye on. Anyway, Carls is and will remain number one on my "hit" list!
I think he's No 1 on Anna's hit list as well. He will get his just desserts before the end of this game. Since he probably hasn't guessed Anna is on to him, it's likely he's still planning to get rid of her and Rebecca at some point. So getting rid of him first, is now a matter of survival for Anna. Carl is a pretty crafty individual, he'd have to be to fool Sergey for so long. So even though Anna now has the edge on him, she can't assume he won't eventually get suspicious and find some way to turn the tables on her.

It was interesting how Deep made Carl look a lot more villainous during the motel scene. Instead of being just Rebecca's helpful boyfriend and seemingly the least dangerous member of Sergey's gang. He's been transformed into a sort of machiavellian criminal mastermind, who is obviously far more devious and deadly than anyone imagined. So I'm hoping he doesn't go down too easily, and still has a few more surprises up his sleeve that Anna will have to find some way to deal with.

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
I think he's No 1 on Anna's hit list as well. He will get his just desserts before the end of this game. Since he probably hasn't guessed Anna is on to him, it's likely he's still planning to get rid of her and Rebecca at some point. So getting rid of him first, is now a matter of survival for Anna. Carl is a pretty crafty individual, he'd have to be to fool Sergey for so long. So even though Anna now has the edge on him, she can't assume he won't eventually get suspicious and find some way to turn the tables on her.

It was interesting how Deep made Carl look a lot more villainous during the motel scene. Instead of being just Rebecca's helpful boyfriend and seemingly the least dangerous member of Sergey's gang. He's been transformed into a sort of machiavellian criminal mastermind, who is obviously far more devious and deadly than anyone imagined. So I'm hoping he doesn't go down too easily, and still has a few more surprises up his sleeve that Anna will have to find some way to deal with.
Unfortunately, I also fear that Carl still has something up his sleeve.

So for us, the answer is: wait and see

RecklessOG

Dec 25, 2023
Keeping Critics Aside,
Let's hope DeepSleep isn't biased for few characters in future updates!
Like there has been enough screen time given to Timothy,John,Doctor so I hope they get minor occurences in upcoming updates

DD3DD

Apr 23, 2019

Anyone who has managed the feat of getting with both sisters (Anna & Rebs) and still keep all relationships intact, should be No. 1 on your Bad@$$ Hero :cool: list and Dastardly Villain :devilish: list at the same time. Give the man his props, just saying.

Reactions: khantus

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
Anyone who has managed the feat of getting with both sisters (Anna & Rebs) and still keep all relationships intact, should be No. 1 on your Bad@$$ Hero :cool: list and Dastardly Villain :devilish: list at the same time. Give the man his props, just saying.
Unfortunately for Carl, his destiny is to have an ignominious end. Because if Anna doesn't get him, the major crime syndicate, that Sergey's gang has now been shown to be a small part of, almost certainly will. And those guys look pretty scary. Not the kind of people you want to steal money from, and then get found out. And Carl didn't just betray Anna and Rebecca, he was planning to kill them, once they'd outlived their usefulness. So I foresee a very bad ending for him. But at least he'll be going out with a bang instead of a whimper.

The more I think about it, I think cuck Carl was obviously just a cover. He was quite happy to share Rebecca, because he was never remotely interested in her, beyond someone to keep his bed warm. The Rebecca kidnapping was a pretext to draw Sergey into an ambush. Because the bullet that Andrew unexpectedly intercepted, was intended for Sergey (in the text it says Fitzgerald's henchman was aiming for Sergey when he fired). And if Andrew hadn't done that (because he was worried Anna would get killed) then Sergey would probably have died in that shootout. And my guess is, that Anna, Rebecca, Andrew and Michael would then have followed him, shortly afterwards, leaving Carl as the unopposed leader of Sergey's drug operation.

So unbelievably perhaps, it could be that Andrew, of all people, was (totally unintentionally) responsible for thwarting Carl's masterplan?

4.00 star(s) 135 Votes