tyx2k

May 18, 2019
Does anyone know how to control character outfits? Mrs. L is stuck in her underwear for some reason

chadman

Sep 17, 2018
Am I crazy or did this new quest reference a scene with maya we haven't had yet? When was she in our house leaving her butt plug behind for us to have it in our inventory now?
No, that did happen, you just don't see Maya in the house . I forgot the quest's name but it's a part 1 quest given by Jo, it's the one where she tells you to go clean the mess in the bathroom, if you confront Flora about it she explains Maya came over and was in the bathroom for a while. The buttplug is in the bathroom.

The_High_Tower

Dec 23, 2017
Hey Guys, I'm still having problems interacting with the mouse in the game. I can't hover or click any object, not even in the main menu. I'm on an old windows 7 laptop, but this is the only game this happens to. Any advice is appreciated <3

tyx2k

May 18, 2019
You probably have the "x-ray" feature turned on. Press your "x" key until the clothes reappear.
No it's only for some people and it's consistent regardless of whether I have it turned on or not. That was the first thing I tried. I progressed into Chapter 2 and Maya is just completely naked and other characters clip through their clothes lol

niarrhhh

Mar 13, 2020
guys, can anyone help out at wicked game? i'm stuck in the school at night and the only thing i have in the admin wing is a mistery box i can't use whatsoever

can anybody tell me what i need from there?

chadman

Sep 17, 2018
guys, can anyone help out at wicked game? i'm stuck in the school at night and the only thing i have in the admin wing is a mistery box i can't use whatsoever

can anybody tell me what i need from there?
Have you already gone to the 1st floor? if so, have you tried entering the nurse's office?

RoriChanUwU

Aug 12, 2022
Simply out of curiosity, seeing that this game has had roughly 4 years of development since the initial release. Will this game ever see a "Final" version?
I would love to experience it to its fullest but am a bit hesitant when there is a chance that a route ends in a cliffhanger.

niarrhhh

Mar 13, 2020
Have you already gone to the 1st floor? if so, have you tried entering the nurse's office?
everything is locked, i can only try to get to the 2nd floor, which will get the guard to kick me out, and i can use the entrance window to get into the homeroom

just a little detail, by "admin wing" i mean outside the nurse and headmaster's office, where you have the acquarium etc.

i'm pretty sure i'm missing some item to interact with the mystery box, i just don't know what

i can just leave everything altogether, which will end the quest prematurely, but i want to see what happens in it...

i've also talked to maxine and subscribed to the TITS program so she could drop down the rope (which will also lead me to the homeroom for some reason)
(already tried all maxine routes through backtracking, they all have the same result)

ssiab74

Oct 15, 2022
Simply out of curiosity, seeing that this game has had roughly 4 years of development since the initial release. Will this game ever see a "Final" version?
I would love to experience it to its fullest but am a bit hesitant when there is a chance that a route ends in a cliffhanger.
Assuming the dev doesn't decide to drop development of the game, it'll probably see a final version. That being said, with the game being divided into seasons, we've probably got a long way to go. 4 years of development as you said, and we've only just gotten to the 2nd season. I'm gonna guess there will be three seasons considering the bulk of the game takes place in the school, but I could see there being four if they decide to do a summer segment of the game. I doubt the rest of the seasons will take as long to complete as the first one since a ton of assets made during development of the first season will carry over to the next ones, but it'll probably be a few more years before we see this game finished.

RoriChanUwU

Aug 12, 2022
Assuming the dev doesn't decide to drop development of the game, it'll probably see a final version. That being said, with the game being divided into seasons, we've probably got a long way to go. 4 years of development as you said, and we've only just gotten to the 2nd season. I'm gonna guess there will be three seasons considering the bulk of the game takes place in the school, but I could see there being four if they decide to do a summer segment of the game. I doubt the rest of the seasons will take as long to complete as the first one since a ton of assets made during development of the first season will carry over to the next ones, but it'll probably be a few more years before we see this game finished.
Thanks so much for clarifying, I was just a bit hesitant since I had followed a few projects before that ultimately was abandoned or is left in development hell. I'll give this one a go since I am pretty curious on how well the writing is handled.

Tenzai

Sep 27, 2020
In the spirit of the Programmers' Third Virtue, I figured I could do better than that. As it turns out, technically I can, but it really wasn't worth the trouble: as of v1.14, your patch suffices for everything except two lines in the script, perhaps neither of which most players will ever see.

The attached patch fixes those two places anyway, and (if we are a certain kind of fortunate) may also fix others which have yet to be written.

(Place this file directly in the game/ folder to apply it.)

Changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Anytime I click, it just opens up a new tab saying what has changed. How do I download it?

chadman

Sep 17, 2018
everything is locked, i can only try to get to the 2nd floor, which will get the guard to kick me out, and i can use the entrance window to get into the homeroom

just a little detail, by "admin wing" i mean outside the nurse and headmaster's office, where you have the acquarium etc.

i'm pretty sure i'm missing some item to interact with the mystery box, i just don't know what

i can just leave everything altogether, which will end the quest prematurely, but i want to see what happens in it...

i've also talked to maxine and subscribed to the TITS program so she could drop down the rope (which will also lead me to the homeroom for some reason)
(already tried all maxine routes through backtracking, they all have the same result)
Well in that case, either your specific set of character interactions and cleared quests has led you to a "version" of Wicked Game I've never seen where the solution is different from the ones I thought were the default, or the quest bugged out. Every time I've gone through that quest (light spoiler for the usual solutions)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. The situation you are in where apparently the Nurse isn't there at all is something I haven't encountered.

Mar 3, 2020
Since we finally have new Flora content, I've taken some time to replay the game and update . It's been completely reimplemented in ways that only Ren'Py modders will find interesting (hi, ZLZK!). Everyone else will be more interested in the fact that it also replaces some UI-only instances of "Jo", and tweaks a few dialogue fragments (like the one occurrence of "roommate").

I've tested it extensively against v1.36, but it should work with previous versions back to at least v1.14, and with future versions indefinitely.

ZLZK

Modder
Jul 2, 2017
[...] It's been completely reimplemented in ways that only Ren'Py modders will find interesting (hi, ZLZK!). [...]
I don't find it interesting, it's just common code.

You can tell when function is called inside screen.
"_".join(getattr(renpy.current_screen.current(), 'screen_name', ()))
For example in menu above code will return "choice".
Outside screen above code will return empty string.

But using __str__ method of ADVCharacter is a pitfall.
I mean you need to deal with text not a variable.
It's only convenient that the text uses a variable.

Btw I have done .

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2020
I don't find it interesting, it's just common code.
No, there's nothing particularly remarkable here. It uses (well, adapts) your suggestion from this comment; that's all I meant by that.

(Also the changelog had some detritus in it from v3.0, when I thought that suggestion wasn't usable. I've fixed that; sorry if it was misleading.)

But using __str__ method of ADVcharacter is a pithole.
I mean you need to deal with text not a variable.
It's only convenient that the text uses a variable.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here?

Last edited:

submarine13

May 10, 2019
I played this when it first released, back when some dude said you don't name a beta version as v.1 or something. I don't exactly remember WHEN i played it, but judging by the amount of comments on this thread, people don't seem to be happy on the sex aspect of the game. I haven't played the latest release yet, is it bad? Has the game become an eroge instead of the typical 'games with lots of sex' thing?

ZLZK

Modder
Jul 2, 2017
But using __str__ method of ADVCharacter is a pitfall.
It works only in text with character variable.
In python2 it requires extra work to work.
So I mean I think it's a wrong direction.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here?
I was exposed to more text patches now, and I can say that your previous version was more appropriate.
I mean I think using regex and replacing part(if can match) or whole(if cannot match) text is the way to go.
The only issue is that say_menu_text_filter doesn't cover screens.

Would need to find a method to replace text of say, menu and screen in one place.
And since we know now how to detect say, menu or screen; it should be doable.

popers1328

Mar 2, 2019
Since we finally have new Flora content, I've taken some time to replay the game and update . It's been completely reimplemented in ways that only Ren'Py modders will find interesting (hi, ZLZK!). Everyone else will be more interested in the fact that it also replaces some UI-only instances of "Jo", and tweaks a few dialogue fragments (like the one occurrence of "roommate").

I've tested it extensively against v1.36, but it should work with previous versions back to at least v1.14, and with future versions indefinitely.
I tried this patch out. It's great but one major problem is the is breaks the gallery replay feature. Only Mom/Jo scenes appear in the gallery at all. (at first I thought that was just part of the game but I realized nobody else had that problem and found out it was caused by the ipatch.)

I was able to remedy this by deleting this section of the patch:

def fixup_replays():
global replays_by_order
replays_by_order = [
(a, title.replace("Jo","Mom"), c, d)
for (a, title, c, d) in replays_by_order
if title.startswith("Jo's ")
]
fixup_replays()

This of course also removed the text changes in the gallery but it was well worth it to have it functioning again. I didn't see anyone talking about this issue (it took me awhile to figure out it was caused by the ipatch), so I apologize if you were already aware of this.

3.80 star(s) 164 Votes