3.90 star(s) 31 Votes

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Like I said in the post you quoted (and others before), everything except your last sentence was shoe-horned into the plot in the last two updates, when the dev bowed to complaints. So I'm not going to continue to engage with that.

Your last sentence is accurate. I agree completely that the MC did not have a choice as to what direction he wanted to go into AND ALSO continue the game. There are several places throughout the first few days (5 or 6 updates, iirc) that the player can make a choice that leads to a game over. The player had all of these choices, in addition to the overarching meta-choice of not continuing to play a game if they didn't like the game. No one was "railroaded" into continuing to play---and complain about---a game they didn't like.
Umm, you realize that the game you describe.. The game BEFORE the last two updates you apparently hated, was exactly OPPOSITE of what the dev claimed the game to be? And not at all in line with even the title, unless we assume "Another Man's Wife" meant all the other dudes fucking Steff.

The backstory we can assume was not "shoehorned" into the game, it was what we can presume the dev planned all along to try to explain Steff's behavior. The problem? NONE of the scenes in the original game up to that point, before the reworks started, actually matched this bogus backstory.

The issue was never that the players "forced the dev to change their mind *wailing and gnashing of teeth* it was the dev never actually building the game based off their actual game description and the supposed back story, or even the couples claimed relationship.

You've perched over this thread for awhile now, so the question is, why didn't you take your own advice, that you're so freely giving others, and move the fuck on when the game wasn't going in the direction you wanted it to go?

Vodayo

Dec 5, 2017
This game doesn't know what it wants to be. I see a fundamental contradiction between "swinging" and "cheting/netorare". Developer probably didn't notice this contradiction. These two directions react with each other, pushing the game into an unannounced "cuckold". In addition, the developer was unable to get out of the situation. No matter what choices you make, you end as a cuck.

The worst thing is that it's not even "female domination". This is "female contempt".

Playing as trash is a difficult experience. Especially when it's unannounced and something else was expected.

Karmadive

Mar 12, 2020
From my understanding of the Dev comments there was never going to be a cheating arch , The problem with some people was them taking the writer trying to add tension to the game for dramatic effect and thinking that was what the game was going to be. (EDIT: Yep I was one of those people as well) They tried to tone it down but then people were saying they were letting people change their vision.

It all comes down to them trying to write a fine line between suspicion/tension but not have any actual betrayal/cheating and really struggling with that balance which resulted in people thinking it was an NTR/cheating game. People still think it was supposed to be that type of game even tho the developer has pushed back against that concept.

Also the developer was asking for feedback on the characters and story to help them improve it. They seemed to be more focused on the conversation going on the steam side.

Sadly we will probably never know what happened to stop development. It could have been the story getting unwieldly, personal problems, the Dev team moving apart and wanting to work on different things, or a bunch of other things.

From Steam forums are where the developer was active talking with the fans of the game.
Their comments on those aspects of the game

tooperilous.media [developer] 12 Oct, 2023 @ 10:52am
"I think the next update is going to answer questions. I think some people will like it, and I think some people won't get it at all. I think some people will literally lose their ♥♥♥♥ and call me every name in the book (Which has happened many times before). My thing is, I just need to get to that point, let the chips fall, and get on with what I'm trying to create.

I'm starting to worry I have too much misdirection, like the phone call, and people are not going to be able to accept what happens next because they've spent too much time "digging in the wrong place." I think you'll role with it, so I'll give you an example:

"To me, it felt realistic that Jason fooled the MC into getting into this lifestyle because he also wants to ♥♥♥♥ Steph but can't tell the MC directly."

That’s not why Jason did it. That's me making the player distrust the motives of the characters to create tension (And for some people, it's more tension than they can handle). The fact is, Jason is the reluctant party in all of this, which is part of why he messed it up when he was put on point. By the time MC and Steph get to the house, he's in the “Oh, what the hell.” category because the MC has inadvertently totally trashed everything Jason thought was going to happen.

I think some people will like what happens next and some will scream it doesn't make any sense. But to me, the problem I face today is that I have a group of people who've had six months to fall in love with their theories that are based on the distractors. People love their theories (See American Politics) and hate when their theories die. But that's going to have to happen.

So getting past the next update is not about making everything right in the world, oh it very much won't be. I just need to get there so I can talk about what's working and not working and how do I go back, remove some of the guard rails and give as many people as possible an engaging story while sticking to what I want out of this.

Again, I appreciate what you have shared. Lots of great stuff here that I will read more than once."

tooperilous.media [developer] 15 Aug, 2023 @ 7:15pm
" That whole low confidence cuck line that wasn't supposed to even be in the story at this point has been significantly altered so that it can flow back into the mainline. I'm not killing those two low lines, but I'm going to let the story absorb them basically. And to do that, Steph has to tell her secret. So that's being moved forward."

tooperilous.media [developer] 22 Sep, 2023 @ 12:50pm
"Steph's not cheating on you. She's hiding something about herself from you, and it's the reason she loses control and then apologizes about her bad behavior later. And there is a reason it has never happened before. In my mind, she should like HULK level lose control, but I keep toning it down, and that has also created inconsistencies we are still addressing."

Last edited:

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
From my understanding of the Dev comments there was never going to be a cheating arch , The problem with some people was them taking the writer trying to add tension to the game for dramatic effect and thinking that was what the game was going to be. (EDIT: Yep I was one of those people as well) They tried to tone it down but then people were saying they were letting people change their vision.

It all comes down to them trying to write a fine line between suspicion/tension but not have any actual betrayal/cheating and really struggling with that balance which resulted in people thinking it was an NTR/cheating game. People still think it was supposed to be that type of game even tho the developer has pushed back against that concept.

Also the developer was asking for feedback on the characters and story to help them improve it. They seemed to be more focused on the conversation going on the steam side.

Sadly we will probably never know what happened to stop development. It could have been the story getting unwieldly, personal problems, the Dev team moving apart and wanting to work on different things, or a bunch of other things.

From Steam forums are where the developer was active talking with the fans of the game.

"I think the next update is going to answer questions. I think some people will like it, and I think some people won't get it at all. I think some people will literally lose their ♥♥♥♥ and call me every name in the book (Which has happened many times before). My thing is, I just need to get to that point, let the chips fall, and get on with what I'm trying to create.

I'm starting to worry I have too much misdirection, like the phone call, and people are not going to be able to accept what happens next because they've spent too much time "digging in the wrong place." I think you'll role with it, so I'll give you an example:

"To me, it felt realistic that Jason fooled the MC into getting into this lifestyle because he also wants to ♥♥♥♥ Steph but can't tell the MC directly."

That’s not why Jason did it. That's me making the player distrust the motives of the characters to create tension (And for some people, it's more tension than they can handle). The fact is, Jason is the reluctant party in all of this, which is part of why he messed it up when he was put on point. By the time MC and Steph get to the house, he's in the “Oh, what the hell.” category because the MC has inadvertently totally trashed everything Jason thought was going to happen.

I think some people will like what happens next and some will scream it doesn't make any sense. But to me, the problem I face today is that I have a group of people who've had six months to fall in love with their theories that are based on the distractors. People love their theories (See American Politics) and hate when their theories die. But that's going to have to happen.

So getting past the next update is not about making everything right in the world, oh it very much won't be. I just need to get there so I can talk about what's working and not working and how do I go back, remove some of the guard rails and give as many people as possible an engaging story while sticking to what I want out of this.

Again, I appreciate what you have shared. Lots of great stuff here that I will read more than once."

" That whole low confidence cuck line that wasn't supposed to even be in the story at this point has been significantly altered so that it can flow back into the mainline. I'm not killing those two low lines, but I'm going to let the story absorb them basically. And to do that, Steph has to tell her secret. So that's being moved forward."

"Steph's not cheating on you. She's hiding something about herself from you, and it's the reason she loses control and then apologizes about her bad behavior later. And there is a reason it has never happened before. In my mind, she should like HULK level lose control, but I keep toning it down, and that has also created inconsistencies we are still addressing."
Well said, I tried to explain that many times to no avail. You posted a much better effort. I take hope in the dev said he doesn't know what he is going to do with game yet. So it may get finished, we don't know. I may do a mod to wrap it up in the interim, but that wont happen for a while.

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
Well said, I tried to explain that many times to no avail. You posted a much better effort. I take hope in the dev said he doesn't know what he is going to do with game yet. So it may get finished, we don't know. I may do a mod to wrap it up in the interim, but that wont happen for a while.
On board. If I ever learn how to use daz. The female barkeeper scene need a better writing *cough cough*

• Haha
Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Nafig

Oct 14, 2020

This is the main problem of this game, the author TALKS about one game, but SHOWS another. Let's look at Jason, the author says - Jason didn't want to fuck Steph. What must Jason think when Steph asks him to get the MC's opinion on a gangbang? I'm very interested in what conclusion the author thinks Jason should make in this situation. On Sunday, Jason says "Steph was always part of the plan." Are the scenes where Jason fucks Steph just my imagination? Jason SUDDENLY wanted to fuck Steph just now? I won't have sex with someone I don't want to have sex with.
I believe what I SEE in the game. Players do not have to look for the author's comments for every episode.

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Karmadive

Mar 12, 2020
This is the main problem of this game, the author TALKS about one game, but SHOWS another. Let's look at Jason, the author says - Jason didn't want to fuck Steph. What must Jason think when Steph asks him to get the MC's opinion on a gangbang? I'm very interested in what conclusion the author thinks Jason should make in this situation. On Sunday, Jason says "Steph was always part of the plan." Are the scenes where Jason fucks Steph just my imagination? Jason SUDDENLY wanted to fuck Steph just now? I won't have sex with someone I don't want to have sex with.
I believe what I SEE in the game. Players do not have to look for the author's comments for every episode.
I agree fully. This is the main problem with wanting to add tension to these style of games by making it appear the love interest is cheating on you. There are fanatical followers to both sides of that style of game and they both do not like having the rug pulled out from what they perceive the game is. Setting up your game to skirt this line is just asking for a lot of problems later on when you have to reveal one side was not the case.

It's the get to the end of the movie/tv show and the bad guy was the good guy all along even tho everything was pointing to the opposite, sometimes it works and sometimes it just seems to come out of nowhere.

We have to also understand I believe this is their first game and they attempted to do a difficult balance act for the conflict of the game. They even admitted they made mistakes by implying the cheating too heavily to the point like you said it felt like 2 different games.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I agree fully. This is the main problem with wanting to add tension to these style of games by making it appear the love interest is cheating on you. There are fanatical followers to both sides of that style of game and they both do not like having the rug pulled out from what they perceive the game is. Setting up your game to skirt this line is just asking for a lot of problems later on when you have to reveal one side was not the case.
Right, you're straddling fandoms, but unlike a tv show or movie which incorporates different themes, these are two usually competing and opposing fan groups.

So an imaginary equivalent would be like a tv show that had both gratuitously violent scenes, and longwinded emotional interactions and relationships. Quentin Tarantino style fans would be convinced the former was the "real" show and the emotional stuff was in service of that, Notebook style fans would be convinced the latter was the "real" show and the violence was just to build the characters.
See I agree with you here, and this has always been my criticism of the dev. Regardless of what he may say in press releases, I can view the images and dialogue he's made and see with my own eyes what he wants to make.

Quoting Karmadive quoting the dev:
The fact is, Jason is the reluctant party in all of this, which is part of why he messed it up when he was put on point
Sure, that may be what he wants the player to think...but it was pretty obvious (to me at least) it was a contrived setup to get his (the dev's) bbc fetish fill. One need only look at how he set up the scenes, how the dialogue flows. He wanted to tell a story of the "reluctant bull and wife cuckolding", and wrap it up in this narrative of swinging dicussions, secret past tales of intrigue and hidden motives etc.

It's no surprise to me that the people in this thread who continue to defend the game also happen to be fans of mostly IR cuckolding setups. That doesn't mean their fetish is invalid, only that this game lies to the audience with both its description and 1st and 2nd acts.

metamorphMP

Jan 6, 2024

btw, I'd kinda dropped the game much earlier.
could someone explain what was Steph's secret eventually, did she explained why she had been a cheating bitch? or Dev didn't get to release the update with big revelations?

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
btw, I'd kinda dropped the game much earlier.

could someone explain what was Steph's secret eventually, did she explained why she had been a cheating bitch? or Dev didn't get to release the update with big revelations?
Steph is addicted to MMF threesomes, but her ex used this to whore her out, and thus she never spoke with her Hubby about it. But sche spoke with Tory, whom she only met recently, and the plotted to deceive MC to open the relationship. But Jason wanted to have his own fun and so accelerated their plan by inviting MC directly. After the revelation of the plot, MC has the choices to forgive steph, to forgive steph or to forgive steph.

Last edited:

metamorphMP

Jan 6, 2024
Steph is addicted to MMF threesomes, but her ex used this to whore her out, and thus she never spoke with her Hubby about it. But sche spoke with Tory, whom she only met recently, and the plotted to deceive MC to open the relationship. But Jason wanted to have his own fun and so accelerated their plan by inviting MC directly. After the revelation of the plot, MC has the choices to forgive steph, to forgive steph or to forgive steph.
I see, thanks for explanation.
ehhh - decisions...decisions)

Well, I guess Dev decided that we have to forgive, after all she apologizes for her bad behaviour and problem solved:KEK::

Last edited:

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
I see, thanks for explanation.
ehhh - decisions...decisions)

Well, I guess Dev decided that we have to forgive, after all she apologizes for her bad behaviour:KEK::
Yeah, bad behavior and losing control isn't cheating at all. Think about it, meeting a hot girl, losing control and fuck her instead of your wife would totally not be cheating.... no way.... :WeSmart:

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
I just started playing it. I noticed some bugs (apart from the broken English). One example below.
Python:
# line 2306
if confidence >=3:
        $ confidence = 2
# ... then after a few lines without any other choice, line 2362
"Stop being a bitch about this.":
       if confidence <= 2:
             e "I really shouldn't say this to her right now."
             jump bitch_slap
This condition is useless because there can never be confidence > 2, as it was reset just before. That dialogue can never happen.

If I look for that reset I see it happens also in various following choices, I haven't checked if then they make some conditions impossible as well. Or if it's the developer that wants to keep confidence very low as a trill. But this on line 2362 is totally a bug.
I see it's abandoned but you'll never know. Also, if you play it, set confidence = 3 after the line "We've both been teased all evening." to make that choice available.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I just started playing it. I noticed some bugs (apart from the broken English). One example below.
Python:
# line 2306
if confidence >=3:
        $ confidence = 2
# ... then after a few lines without any other choice, line 2362
"Stop being a bitch about this.":
       if confidence <= 2:
             e "I really shouldn't say this to her right now."
             jump bitch_slap
This condition is useless because there can never be confidence > 2, as it was reset just before. That dialogue can never happen.

If I look for that reset I see it happens also in various following choices, I haven't checked if then they make some conditions impossible as well. Or if it's the developer that wants to keep confidence very low as a trill. But this on line 2362 is totally a bug.
I see it's abandoned but you'll never know. Also, if you play it, set confidence = 3 after the line "We've both been teased all evening." to make that choice available.
wttpp.gif

I can promise you that's not the only place in the script that does that :LOL: If you wanna have a seizure read the sunday event code....where half the variables don't matter.

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes