3.90 star(s) 31 Votes
Sep 14, 2023
From my understanding of the Dev comments there was never going to be a cheating arch , The problem with some people was them taking the writer trying to add tension to the game for dramatic effect and thinking that was what the game was going to be. (EDIT: Yep I was one of those people as well) They tried to tone it down but then people were saying they were letting people change their vision.

It all comes down to them trying to write a fine line between suspicion/tension but not have any actual betrayal/cheating and really struggling with that balance which resulted in people thinking it was an NTR/cheating game. People still think it was supposed to be that type of game even tho the developer has pushed back against that concept.

Also the developer was asking for feedback on the characters and story to help them improve it. They seemed to be more focused on the conversation going on the steam side.

Sadly we will probably never know what happened to stop development. It could have been the story getting unwieldly, personal problems, the Dev team moving apart and wanting to work on different things, or a bunch of other things.

From Steam forums are where the developer was active talking with the fans of the game.
Their comments on those aspects of the game

tooperilous.media [developer] 12 Oct, 2023 @ 10:52am
"I think the next update is going to answer questions. I think some people will like it, and I think some people won't get it at all. I think some people will literally lose their ♥♥♥♥ and call me every name in the book (Which has happened many times before). My thing is, I just need to get to that point, let the chips fall, and get on with what I'm trying to create.

I'm starting to worry I have too much misdirection, like the phone call, and people are not going to be able to accept what happens next because they've spent too much time "digging in the wrong place." I think you'll role with it, so I'll give you an example:

"To me, it felt realistic that Jason fooled the MC into getting into this lifestyle because he also wants to ♥♥♥♥ Steph but can't tell the MC directly."

That’s not why Jason did it. That's me making the player distrust the motives of the characters to create tension (And for some people, it's more tension than they can handle). The fact is, Jason is the reluctant party in all of this, which is part of why he messed it up when he was put on point. By the time MC and Steph get to the house, he's in the “Oh, what the hell.” category because the MC has inadvertently totally trashed everything Jason thought was going to happen.

I think some people will like what happens next and some will scream it doesn't make any sense. But to me, the problem I face today is that I have a group of people who've had six months to fall in love with their theories that are based on the distractors. People love their theories (See American Politics) and hate when their theories die. But that's going to have to happen.

So getting past the next update is not about making everything right in the world, oh it very much won't be. I just need to get there so I can talk about what's working and not working and how do I go back, remove some of the guard rails and give as many people as possible an engaging story while sticking to what I want out of this.

Again, I appreciate what you have shared. Lots of great stuff here that I will read more than once."

tooperilous.media [developer] 15 Aug, 2023 @ 7:15pm
" That whole low confidence cuck line that wasn't supposed to even be in the story at this point has been significantly altered so that it can flow back into the mainline. I'm not killing those two low lines, but I'm going to let the story absorb them basically. And to do that, Steph has to tell her secret. So that's being moved forward."

tooperilous.media [developer] 22 Sep, 2023 @ 12:50pm
"Steph's not cheating on you. She's hiding something about herself from you, and it's the reason she loses control and then apologizes about her bad behavior later. And there is a reason it has never happened before. In my mind, she should like HULK level lose control, but I keep toning it down, and that has also created inconsistencies we are still addressing."
I'll just go ahead and say that the dev is a shitty writer, Steph for example within the story is literally tricking MC into becoming a cuckold, that's what is happening in the game. Steph reached out to Tori and Jason to have them get MC interested in swinging, she then pretends to be pissed that MC would suggest such a thing, so that she can use the fact that MC was the one who brought it up as leverage and make MC agree to letting her fuck other dudes. That's an honest to god manipulation tactic, and if you're ever with a woman who'd be willing to treat you like that, I hate to tell you this, but she doesn't love you and has no respect for you at all.

And by the way that reveal where Steph tells you about her "dark secret" made me literally laugh out loud when I first read it because I thought it was so fucking stupid, it was like he had run into a trap and had to post hoc rationalize all of Steph's complete duplicity and trickery, which is exactly what I personally think happened, I don't think he actually had the story properly figured out and just winged it. Which would explain why all of the "suspense" is superficial and ultimately adds up to the wife being a horrible cunt who is there to trick her weakling simp of a husband into accepting his role as a cuck, sure she can be fine with you fucking other women, but ultimately the story is about a wife who is bored of sex with her husband so she goes out looking for new dicks to stretch out her holes, all while trying to trick her husband into thinking that it was his idea.

Look if the dev wanted to make a hardcore NTR cuckold game where the MC gets mindfucked by his wife, he should just have been honest about what he was doing from the start, instead he promised one thing and delivered something completely different, which is always bound to piss people off. All this "but no Steph wasn't really cheating on him" shit is a technicality and irrelevant to the objection I have of the game, this dude promised us a game where the MC would be able to not be a fucking bitch, and I'm sad to say that due to Steph's actions there is no such path available.

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes