Answering DAZ questions!

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Samshah

I think that your question might get a quicker answer if asked in DAZ's Nuts and Bolts thread

This thread seems more about how to use Daz, not necesarily how to fix a broken DAZ.

Have you looked at your log file to see what errors you have?

You can usually find it (for a normal install) C:\Users\*USER-*NAME*\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4

Reactions: Alexios8118

Alexios8118

Jun 9, 2018
after applying face transfer whenever i apply skin texture from skin 8 the face does not look same any solution?

Alexios8118

Jun 9, 2018
Samshah

I think that your question might get a quicker answer if asked in DAZ's Nuts and Bolts thread

This thread seems more about how to use Daz, not necesarily how to fix a broken DAZ.

Have you looked at your log file to see what errors you have?

You can usually find it (for a normal install) C:\Users\*USER-*NAME*\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4
I found the solution Windows defender real time protection wont let me save files it keeps force closing daz whenever i do that.

Selek

Aug 1, 2019
What's the best way to create hair for Daz? I've tried Daz's strand-based hair, and while I like the results, the hair-creation UI crashes on me frequently. (Daz is otherwise perfectly stable for me, even with iRay chugging.) I've also tried making Fibermesh hair for Daz. Again, the hair looks good, but it's got high poly counts, making it a bit unwieldy to work with in Daz. Though not impossible if one hides the hair until render time, say. Should I be making hair cards? I don't have any experience doing that. How do people here typically make hair for Daz?

SwordOLight

Jan 19, 2019
Using dicktator, how do I match the shell color with my character's skin. I know there's a shell choose color_iray, but am I just suppose to guess with that? Or is there some specific value I'm suppose to copy over. I tried coping the shaders from the dick and skin but that didn't seem to work(color was off and way too dark). Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Using dicktator, how do I match the shell color with my character's skin. I know there's a shell choose color_iray, but am I just suppose to guess with that? Or is there some specific value I'm suppose to copy over. I tried coping the shaders from the dick and skin but that didn't seem to work(color was off and way too dark). Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
You have to (1)attach Dicktator to the character, (2)copy the materials, and (3)add "Dicktator shell"; then select the shell and apply the materials that are in the "Iray" or "3Dlight" folder... if you don't have enough there, take a look at this:

Screwthename

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2019
Prtty good for monster and othern but for humans there isn't a lot ^^
i should probably keep it for monster and use dicktator for humans

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Prtty good for monster and othern but for humans there isn't a lot ^^
i should probably keep it for monster and use dicktator for humans
It's probably the best option :p

You can also take a look at this other one:

NedBrowski

Apr 15, 2018
Asking this here as I didn't really feel it was worth its own thread. I've noticed that some Daz plugins come with their own installer. For example Dforce companion and UV tailor.
The installer however doesn't actually seem to install anything. There are no options as to where it is supposed to install. Searching for said .dll on my computer or trying to manually open the .exe with 7zip leads me nowhere.

In the case of Dforce there was a .dll in the zip that I could manually install but alas no such .dll in UV tailor.
Seeing as two plugin installers have failed to work I'm wondering if I'm missing anything obvious here?

I'd like to use UV tailor to try and get a better understanding of editing my textures. I'm trying to make panties appear "wet" by adjusting the base mat and then adding a "Cutout opacity map".
Using the base texture as a base to paint over gets me a decent result but some stretching is occurring. It is to my understanding that I could use the UV map to get a better understanding of where I need to "draw".

Also thanks for all the useful information. I've only started used Daz a few weeks ago, its been a lot of information to take in but all the information that is freely being shared by devs has been a great boon.

(This has been a great help for Dforce, worth getting!)

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
The installer however doesn't actually seem to install anything. There are no options as to where it is supposed to install. Searching for said .dll on my computer or trying to manually open the .exe with 7zip leads me nowhere.
It's an old bug. Short answer : if you can, install a vanilla Daz3D on a second computer with the default path, install your plugin(s) here and copy paste DLLs to your main install.

NedBrowski

Apr 15, 2018
I'm using the default path :(
I did see that error come up a few times when I was searching for a solution but I believe those get a "install not found error" or along those lines.
For me it actually claims to install. But doesn't actually do anything.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I'm using the default path :(
I did see that error come up a few times when I was searching for a solution but I believe those get a "install not found error" or along those lines.
For me it actually claims to install. But doesn't actually do anything.
Could it be a windows permissions thing somehow? when you run the installers, are you getting the windows "popup" for admin permissions to modify the install folder?

NedBrowski

Apr 15, 2018
The installer requires admin permissions like you say and I give it those. The install info does tend to be very lacking.

dazinstall.png

Is it normal for it to be full of blank space? Kinda feel like there should be a directory path there.

Edit*

I've installed Daz on another pc. Exact same installer issue.
Fiddling a bit further with 7zip I managed to get the installer to open, inside however are from what I can see encrypted files so I still can't get the damn .dll out.
Are these installers even working for anyone? Using daz 4.12.1.11.7

Last edited:

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Ok... this one should be an easy one... but remember, I am still a rookie!

for the sake of argument, I load a scene.
Then I want to see how it looks with a character in it, so I load a character.

Now I have the character in the scene, selected in the scene pane....

HERE IS MY QUESTION...
the scene remains the "default" primary asset, for lack of better description, if I rotate around the asset, I am rotating around the scene.
I want to switch to the character, so that is the "primary" asset that I rotate around etc...

How do I do that?