alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I really don't get all the negativity regarding Nea, I fell in love with her character straight away and that's coming from a hetrosexual guy!!
She is one of the most well written most adorable trans characters in any of these VN's on this site 100% fact!!
Reading her story and how much the mc struggled with his feelings was one of the most fantastic storylines I have read even tho he is a dumbass lol.
Sitting here crying my eyes out at Nia's story and struggles in life from bullying to her family and everyone else treating her like a freak truly touched me (even tho it's just a story) It just puts into perspective the struggles trans men and women go through in real life to just feel accepted as human beings, touching and really well written dev.
No one is forced to fuck Nia or be fucked by her or have any sexual contact if you don't want to, so I just don't get all the negativity but this is just my own opinion of course.
Some of it is not Nea, but that the player is forced into two choices, love or death. Not death of the player character, either, but the death of Nea. The choice is basically go all the way or be a contributing factor in Nea's suicide, which some people, myself included, cannot stand. It makes us feel responsible for Nea's death, as if Luxee is guilt tripping us for not wanting to be more than friends.

It's mostly complaints that the options presented are love interest or death by suicide (and, as noted above, ignore completely) with no friendship option. It seems obvious to me that Luxee isn't interested in that version of the story so all those people are doing by complaining is pissing them off.
Honestly, even as a long time fan, if not wanting to support this love or death choice pisses Luxee off, so be it.

Some people don't like that Nea is a central figure in the game and that many other characters have their content gated by Nea, but that is not the only issue. A big part of the issue is not the character of Nea per say, but with what some people felt was a false promise. They believed that you could befriend and help Nea without a romance, but then it turned out you couldn't. If you don't romance Nea you get a... less than ideal outcome. It is off putting to them to force the choice of either ignoring Nea all together, which off sets the story because Nea is a prominent part of the story for several characters, or romance Nea as the only two options to avoid her jumping.
Oh no, Nea would be fine as a central figure, actually, I think Nea fits that role quite well. The problem is definitely as you said, we are forced into a, literal in universe, life or death decision all for just wanting to keep it on friendly terms so we can still get the other girls and have Nea around as well without the romance, and worse, after it was said we would get a friendship option with no mention Nea would die as a result. Quite frankly, I have been holding back by quite a bit. The way I see it, this was false advertising, we were told one thing and were given another. We were told we would get friendship, but what we got was Nea's death.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
After some time, seeing some people nearly rage out about the fact that the story has a central character they want rid off is... amusing, in a way.
Reminds me of the people demanding the dev changes the story or game concept because they don't like the base idea and want nearly another type of game entirely.
Like it's impossible to just... I dunno, either skip and not read, or stop playing the game or something...

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Some of it is not Nea, but that the player is forced into two choices, love or death. Not death of the player character, either, but the death of Nea. The choice is basically go all the way or be a contributing factor in Nea's suicide, which some people, myself included, cannot stand. It makes us feel responsible for Nea's death, as if Luxee is guilt tripping us for not wanting to be more than friends.

Honestly, even as a long time fan, if not wanting to support this love or death choice pisses Luxee off, so be it.

Oh no, Nea would be fine as a central figure, actually, I think Nea fits that role quite well. The problem is definitely as you said, we are forced into a, literal in universe, life or death decision all for just wanting to keep it on friendly terms so we can still get the other girls and have Nea around as well without the romance, and worse, after it was said we would get a friendship option with no mention Nea would die as a result. Quite frankly, I have been holding back by quite a bit. The way I see it, this was false advertising, we were told one thing and were given another. We were told we would get friendship, but what we got was Nea's death.
Boo hoo, then the choices presented to you are shut the fuck up and leave the thread or keep ranting about it, annoying most of the other people in here, with zero chance of the changes you demand.

You have chosen poorly

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I'm going to say one thing about this and that's it.

Ignoring her still puts her in the story, you just don't see the scenes. Whatever scenes she would have still technically happens; so whatever happens with the MC, or in the future hangs out with him and Evie let's say, still happens.

To me, I'd rather not have her in the game at all, so her route doesn't become a focal-point or the reason why you can't do other girls' scenes before Nea's.

So, if I have to suffer through a couch BJ to get her to do a death from above and get her outta the game for good, then that's what I'm going to do.

I don't care what anyone thinks and I know I am in the very small minority in this game about her, but it's the same thing as the masseuse in PL. No fucking thank you. Go away. Have a nice landing. WON'T see you next fall
I have no interest in the MC having a relationship with Nea, so as sad as it is, there is only one other option left.

Apart from Alicia and Nea, I like all the other LIs. The ones I like the most are the MC's older sister (I don't remember the name, Jamie?) and the girl with the overprotective brother (the one with the weird name).

After some time, seeing some people nearly rage out about the fact that the story has a central character they want rid off is... amusing, in a way.
In fact, in the last update, those who thought this way can put it into practice permanently. Personally I would rather have the option to prevent it from happening and not have to start a relationship with Nea to do so.

In any case, for those who don't like the character there is the option to skip all her scenes without seeing them. I guess that in this case the automatic option is the jump, but as I play seeing the Nea content (at least until this last update), I'm not sure.

Mar 24, 2022
I have no interest in the MC having a relationship with Nea, so as sad as it is, there is only one other option left.

Apart from Alicia and Nea, I like all the other LIs. The ones I like the most are the MC's older sister (I don't remember the name, Jamie?) and the girl with the overprotective brother (the one with the weird name).
Jamie's the mother, Tess is the older sister, and Cha'relle is the one with the brother.

Reactions: BlasKyau

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Boo hoo, then the choices presented to you are shut the fuck up and leave the thread or keep ranting about it, annoying most of the other people in here, with zero chance of the changes you demand.

You have chosen poorly
If there is zero chance, so be it, it only proves Luxee never intended to give what he said he would, which is the worst kind of developer to ever exist.

Reactions: Uncensored Loli

Shark_inA-chiar

Sep 22, 2020
it sucks that luxxe is working on Parental Love when it was done already but more so i wonder why the hell its taking soo long to finish it that to me feels lazy or just milking it but what ever ive moved on

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
I don't think we should demand Luxee change the game, but I do think it's fair to criticize them for the game being deceptive about what the non-romantic route for Nea would entail. "Dialog option strongly implies X, but instead we get Y," is a valid criticism of any game and something I can apply to high-profile AAA games as well, like Mass Effect or the infamous "X to doubt" thing.

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
There's always felt like there were two games here tonally to me. There's an incest/harem/loli romp that is pretty standard stuff, and then there's the deadly serious romantic story Nea story. This should be two different games really. I don't see the MC entering into a romantic relationship with Nea while also trying to fuck every other girl. Given what we know now, that also would seem to lead to bad things for Nea when she found out the MC basically poked anything that moved and that maybe she wasn't seen as anything special by him. I can't see Nea wanting to share given her feelings for the MC.
mixing drama and comedy has been done since the dawn of time.

1651935117784.png
is pretty effective

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ariostebaldo
Oct 22, 2017
I thought that tag included Patreon updates and such, so as long as Luxee didn't go silent but communicated it should never get 'abandoned'?
But then, I mostly don't bother with Patreon, so maybe there wasn't any update that is deemed to be 'Apartment 69' enough?

Reactions: alex2011

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I thought that tag included Patreon updates and such, so as long as Luxee didn't go silent but communicated it should never get 'abandoned'?
But then, I mostly don't bother with Patreon, so maybe there wasn't any update that is deemed to be 'Apartment 69' enough?
I was just checking patreon and there hasn't been any update there since december, and the tracker on luxee's site is for parental love.

Reactions: GingerbreadMan

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
I don't think we should demand Luxee change the game, but I do think it's fair to criticize them for the game being deceptive about what the non-romantic route for Nea would entail. "Dialog option strongly implies X, but instead we get Y," is a valid criticism of any game and something I can apply to high-profile AAA games as well, like Mass Effect or the infamous "X to doubt" thing.
I've played this game to the last update and chosen to avoid Nea, yet I didn't see anything strange nor offputting during my playtime, did I miss something? What's the fuss all about?

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
Why the abandoned tag?
Don't worry. The developer is currently working on a new update for PL. Then it's back to apartment 69. The "abandon" tag is only here because it conforms to forum rules. It does not mean that the game has actually been abandoned.

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes