Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
If they put you on their ignore list posting/pinging/quoting them will not do anything as nothing will appear in their notifications.
Which is what some of us already did because we're tired of dealing with transphobia and someone trying to shame those who like things he doesn't.

Because for some people, if someone likes something they don't, they immediatly have to act with agression, saying those people are trying to force their way onto others and other nonsense like that.

But whatever. Narrowminded people are going to stay that way, I suppose.

Reactions: Kripke

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
The whole Nea discussion has become really boring. It's pretty obvious at this point that Nea is and will continue to be a focal character in the story. If you don't like her you have 2 options, you either take the suicide route with her and just enjoy the rest of the content that the game has to offer, or you just stop playing the game. The dev clearly likes the character and it doesn't seem like that the supporters have a problem with her either, so complaining here won't really do anything besides starting pointless arguments.

Last edited:

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
The whole Nea discussion has become really boring. It's pretty obvious at this point that Nea is and will continue to be a focal character in the story. If you don't like her you have 2 options, you either take the suicide route with her and just enjoy the rest of the content that the game has to offer, or you just stop playing the game. The dev clearly likes the character and it doesn't seem like that the supporters have a problem with her either, so complaining here won't really do anything besides starting pointless arguments.
Isn’t there an option to just ignore Nea right from the start too?

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Not yet at least. I'm pretty sure I had played 0.06, and I didn't see that option..? But my memory might just be bad.

Edit : Looks like my memory's crap. See post below this one.

Last edited:

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Yeah at the beginning there is an option where you can either pursue a friendship with ther or skip all the trans content. I think it's the first scene where you see her getting bullied.

Edit: Just replayed the beginning just to make sure
nea.png

Reactions: Corambis

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Yeah at the beginning there is an option where you can either pursue a friendship with ther or skip all the trans content. I think it's the first scene where you see her getting bullied.

View attachment 1791971
Right, I thought so. I remembered pointing it out before that it might be a good idea to reword the choice in a future update to make it clear that there really isn't a friendship only option.

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018

View attachment 1791971
The bad thing about this formulation of the option is that it implies that you can choose between friendship or that the relationship goes further. And, certainly, they aren't the two options you have when the time comes.

Reactions: Duke Leo

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
The bad thing about this formulation of the option is that it implies that you can choose between friendship or that the relationship goes further. And, certainly, they aren't the two options you have when the time comes.
Yeah that is something that the dev should really fix in the future. I thought that there would be a friendship only path with Nea. The suicide thing really caught me by surprise.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Yeah that is something that the dev should really fix in the future. I thought that there would be a friendship only path with Nea. The suicide thing really caught me by surprise.
It certainly took me by surprise too. The route that suddenly disappeared is the one I intended to follow.

Mar 24, 2022
I'm going to say one thing about this and that's it.

Ignoring her still puts her in the story, you just don't see the scenes. Whatever scenes she would have still technically happens; so whatever happens with the MC, or in the future hangs out with him and Evie let's say, still happens.

To me, I'd rather not have her in the game at all, so her route doesn't become a focal-point or the reason why you can't do other girls' scenes before Nea's.

So, if I have to suffer through a couch BJ to get her to do a death from above and get her outta the game for good, then that's what I'm going to do.

I don't care what anyone thinks and I know I am in the very small minority in this game about her, but it's the same thing as the masseuse in PL. No fucking thank you. Go away. Have a nice landing. WON'T see you next fall

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I don't even want to bang all of the cis girls in this game. It's rare where I have a real interest in 100% of the cis love interests in one of these games. There are some that attract my attention, and some that don't. I generally don't want to fuck a character in one of these games just so I can see a sex scene. In pretty much any game that I play, it's nice to have the option not to have sex with any given character if you're just not interested in them sexually. Now, separate from that, if that character is going through some shit, I can show compassion for them without having passion for them. I can want them to be happy as a character without wanting them as my lover, especially at that point in their life.
Same, though generally usually means when a character has been through some extremely traumatic event or string of events. Traumatized people and people on the edge of suicide, Nea is one of the latter, don't appeal to me. I don't want to bang someone, virtually or in reality, that could just end up dead the next day by their own hand. Rin from Lessons in Love is the same way with me right now, she's even my number one character without contest and I absolutely do not want to go for sex with her until she is treated for her condition. Rin happens to be a cis woman.

Yeah I couldn't care less about anything that deals with Alicia, I just wanted to get through her to get to Seki's scenes. More than half of this game to me is like that; too many characters I don't care about.
This is one of the few games where I am in that same boat, Seki happens to be one of my favorites.

So, I went picture hunting on Luxee's Twitter account earlier today looking for screenies or renders I never knew about, and I found several winners I downloaded (mostly from the PL world) but there was a few for A69.

The one I'm posting I immediately set as my desktop wallpaper. Now tell me? Isn't this the cutest goddamn face you ever saw in a VN?

View attachment 1778871

I know it's a slightly different render when it comes to her facial expression and picture orientation than the image Seki sends you, but next to Ada, she's the cutest damn girl I've ever seen in a VN. Just look at that adorable face. Holy shit! I can't wait to actually meet her in the game and see how Yui and Seki interact with the MC.
YES! She is actually my favorite in all of A69, even with what little time she has had in game.

I have a feeling Lux is going to blitzkrieg us with Nea until her route is done. Every update she'll most likely be in, and we'll probably get a decent mix of the other girls as well. Tess hasn't got any airtime at all basically and really neither has Jamie.

Expect Nea overload until Luxee is comfortable putting her on the backburner. Obviously, for players that did a death from above with her, there's nothing to really do, except possibly what the others at school will say, or the MC's family, whatever.

I know who I want to see, and I know who I couldn't give a fuck about, but I'm not expecting 0.07 until late Summer at least. Lux did say on DISCORD that this (PL update) had 665 renders, which was third largest PL update just behind v0.4 and V0.8, so it's going to be pretty meaty.
I hope Seki and Yui get some of the update, some Evie and Millie would be nice, too.

Except that both threads will be soapboxing (whatever that means) when more content with the massage girl gets added to PL.
It essentially means going on about something passionately, so for this thread that would be the whole Nea love or death choice.

Any info on update ?
Still working on Parental Love, nothing yet for this game.

There is, she dies by suicide if you don't love her, that's what started the whole argument.

Right, I thought so. I remembered pointing it out before that it might be a good idea to reword the choice in a future update to make it clear that there really isn't a friendship only option.
I mean, there is the alternative of also making a friendship option, which is actually doable with only the renders he would be making for the love option and just excluding the sexual events from firing in the code.

It certainly took me by surprise too. The route that suddenly disappeared is the one I intended to follow.
Exactly

I'm going to say one thing about this and that's it.

Ignoring her still puts her in the story, you just don't see the scenes. Whatever scenes she would have still technically happens; so whatever happens with the MC, or in the future hangs out with him and Evie let's say, still happens.

To me, I'd rather not have her in the game at all, so her route doesn't become a focal-point or the reason why you can't do other girls' scenes before Nea's.

So, if I have to suffer through a couch BJ to get her to do a death from above and get her outta the game for good, then that's what I'm going to do.

I don't care what anyone thinks and I know I am in the very small minority in this game about her, but it's the same thing as the masseuse in PL. No fucking thank you. Go away. Have a nice landing. WON'T see you next fall
This right here is a huge issue to me from a development point of view. Intertwining a web of requirements is fine, but they should never be focused on the sole purpose of driving one single character, especially one as contentious as Nea. This is an extremely bad move and is more likely to push people away entirely than it is to draw people to the game.

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
whole argument.
There is a option at the start of the game to ignore Nea you still have to trigger their events but nothing shows as it skips their content. The only argument that I saw was the ones that were on the friends only route got mad when Nea killed themselves.

MarkTakagi already told me what soapboxing was.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
There is a option at the start of the game to ignore Nea you still have to trigger their events but nothing shows as it skips their content. The only argument that I saw was the ones that were on the friends only route got mad when Nea killed themselves.

MarkTakagi already told me what soapboxing was.
That is the option that caused the whole issue as the only option that is not treated as if you reject Nea is to go all the way, as for the part about soapboxing, I didn't see Mark's reply until I was already done and posted my own, otherwise I would have taken it out. That can happen with a long list of replies, which I tend to have a lot of in the large number of threads I go through.

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
I really don't get all the negativity regarding Nea, I fell in love with her character straight away and that's coming from a hetrosexual guy!!
She is one of the most well written most adorable trans characters in any of these VN's on this site 100% fact!!
Reading her story and how much the mc struggled with his feelings was one of the most fantastic storylines I have read even tho he is a dumbass lol.
Sitting here crying my eyes out at Nia's story and struggles in life from bullying to her family and everyone else treating her like a freak truly touched me (even tho it's just a story) It just puts into perspective the struggles trans men and women go through in real life to just feel accepted as human beings, touching and really well written dev.
No one is forced to fuck Nia or be fucked by her or have any sexual contact if you don't want to, so I just don't get all the negativity but this is just my own opinion of course.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I really don't get all the negativity regarding Nea, I fell in love with her character straight away and that's coming from a hetrosexual guy!!
She is one of the most well written most adorable trans characters in any of these VN's on this site 100% fact!!
Reading her story and how much the mc struggled with his feelings was one of the most fantastic storylines I have read even tho he is a dumbass lol.
Sitting here crying my eyes out at Nia's story and struggles in life from bullying to her family and everyone else treating her like a freak truly touched me (even tho it's just a story) It just puts into perspective the struggles trans men and women go through in real life to just feel accepted as human beings, touching and really well written dev.
No one is forced to fuck Nia or be fucked by her or have any sexual contact if you don't want to, so I just don't get all the negativity but this is just my own opinion of course.
It's mostly complaints that the options presented are love interest or death by suicide (and, as noted above, ignore completely) with no friendship option. It seems obvious to me that Luxee isn't interested in that version of the story so all those people are doing by complaining is pissing them off.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Some people don't like that Nea is a central figure in the game and that many other characters have their content gated by Nea, but that is not the only issue. A big part of the issue is not the character of Nea per say, but with what some people felt was a false promise. They believed that you could befriend and help Nea without a romance, but then it turned out you couldn't. If you don't romance Nea you get a... less than ideal outcome. It is off putting to them to force the choice of either ignoring Nea all together, which off sets the story because Nea is a prominent part of the story for several characters, or romance Nea as the only two options to avoid her jumping.

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes