Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
Basically every other posts has to have IT'S NOT ABANDONED IT'S ONHOLD for people to notice and still people will be going oh no it's abandoned.

Ariostebaldo

Sep 17, 2020
We're not getting mad. Just very annoyed at repeating thing that literally are three posts above the person complaining about the abandonned tag... Rightfully so, I'd say.
I don't get why people get upset, just ignore it. As soon as you see what that comment is asking about just stop reading, it won't hurt your eyes. So whatever.:confused:
I think if you discuss with someone because they're asking something you think shouldn't be asked, you're just making more fuss.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Ivyxxx and KiGa

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I don't get why people get upset, just ignore it. As soon as you see what that comment is asking about just stop reading, it won't hurt your eyes. So whatever.:confused:
I think if you discuss with someone because they're asking something you think shouldn't be asked, you're just making more fuss.:rolleyes:
We keep repeating because, the only times those people are going to read posts, it's when we stop giving a crap and let "ho so sad game abandonned forever" posts have piled up. And they the stupids starts piling up so damn high there's no coming back for it.

So basically, unless we want to see this game get the reputation of having been dropped forever and, probably, some smartasses starting to call Luxee and scammer milking patrons for dead projects, we have to get annoyed and keep repeating the same shit over and over for the single cell organisms that can't be fucked into reading the post above theirs.

Reactions: Brother Lui

Bev_

Nov 17, 2018
It was only tagged abandoned because Luxee hasn't communicated through methods that F95 looks at for 3+ months, it is still technically on hold while Parental Love is getting its update. The rules are the rules, no exceptions, even if Luxee is communicating in places that F95 doesn't look at.
The thing is, rules:
Abandoned: The game has been abandoned (confirmed by the dev) didn't happen or the developer hasn't posted anything related to the game for at least 3 months. He did, just not on Patreon, anyway It should be:

Onhold: The game has been confirmed to be on hold by the developer. It is (was). On his official website and multiple times on discord.

(Rules don't say it has to be done by Pateron or by directly contacting the mods. So I thought It was an honest mistake, apparently, it wasn't.)

For some reason mod(s ?) decided to ignored that. Thats why there is so many posts where people think it was in fact abandoned and probably there is a lot of people who think that now and didn't even care to post anything.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
For some reason mod(s ?) decided to ignored that. Thats why there is so many posts where people think it was in fact abandoned and probably there is a lot of people who think that now and didn't even care to post anything.
The mods might only be checking Patreons/Subscribestars and nothing else, is my guess.

Bev_

Nov 17, 2018
The mods might only be checking Patreons/Subscribestars and nothing else, is my guess.
I was thinking the same thing but my report was rejected immediately, so I don't know anymore. I may be too drunk to understand that now and tomorrow I probably won't care anymre so I guess we can leave it at that and wait this couple weeks for update and official Patreon post which will announce resuming work on A69.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I was thinking the same thing but my report was rejected immediately, so I don't know anymore. I may be too drunk to understand that now and tomorrow I probably won't care anymre so I guess we can leave it at that and wait this couple weeks for update and official Patreon post which will announce resuming work on A69.
Maybe they consider it too much hassle to check and change tags ? :WaitWhat: I dunno. Maybe they just don't care.

Couse I'm getting constant notifications because of it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mostly for the benefit of the game. Lots of people will probably see the tag and just remove the game from their watchlist and forget about it. Some people who supported the game might stop without even checking the actual news as well (not t hat unlikely seeing how many people post "why abandonned???" while the last post explains it's not...).
Also it feels quite unfair.

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
You might not have intended it that way, but that's how it comes across. You put the focus in such a way that it comes out as "Since she's trans, if you don't fuck her, she commits suicide". Like if Nea had been a cis girl it would have never happened, even if the absolute rest of her life had been just the same hellish mess.
The depths of despair she's in when you reject her feelings don't come from the fact that she's trans, but the fact that her life is what it is. Problem is, your comment doesn't make it sound that way.
It's all a matter of phrasing.

"Like if Nea had been a cis girl it would have never happened," i would find it equaly idiotic no matter if its a straight girl, guy, furry, child or whatever. it reminds me of Bella from twilight. i found it to be idiotic there, in the exact same way i find it idiotic here.

my point was, the writting of the game made it feel like nea went with it, because she was trans. so i made my point of how ironic a game that wanted to be progressive, went off the rail in the other direction instead because "mi wan durk stury".

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Absolutely, because the game portrays Nea as being mentally ill just for being trans.
I have no idea what game you have been playing but nowhere in the game is she "mentally ill just for being trans".

Nea is mentally ill because of the years of bullying she received, the mental torture, the resentment of her father and the inactions of her mother.

Everybody would be in that mindset after so many years of abuse and something like that can happen to everyone.

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
I have no idea what game you have been playing but nowhere in the game is she "mentally ill just for being trans".

Nea is mentally ill because of the years of bullying she received, the mental torture, the resentment of her father and the inactions of her mother.

Everybody would be in that mindset after so many years of abuse and something like that can happen to everyone.
The last update makes Nea appear to have mental issue above and beyond that. No one is disputing the mental health issues caused by being a trans person in our world today. For a while, this game seemed pretty good at showcasing that struggle. Then it had Nea kill herself because the MC didn't love her versus anything related to being trans. Nea didn't commit suicide because she was trans. She committed suicide because for whatever reason, Luxee decided to kill her off after forcing an awkward (but not suicide inducing by a long shot) moment between the MC and her, and then forcing the player to make a choice after Nea had already fallen in love with the player. The MC themselves state that they haven't decided yet whether they like Nea yet. So this is all from a situation where Nea falls in love with the player despite him not yet expressing any feelings for her, and then Luxee deciding the best idea for Nea after the MC didn't return her love was to kill herself, because "obviously trans people are mentally unstable and will kill themselves for any reason at all". Not their words, but I'm trying to convey how it comes across, and how it's not particular helpful to portray trans people this way after the game was doing so well from what my admittedly limited experience with trans people, just knowing one somewhat tangentially. If Nea were representative of trans people though, the message Luxee is sending is don't get involved at any level. You might do the wrong thing and they'll kill themselves. Don't even be friends, and definitely don't get romantic with them because when that ends, so will the trans person because they're only one bad moment from offing themselves. All of the support and encouragement you could offer as a non-sexual friend are worthless, so don't even try. You'll end up making it worse.

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
The last update makes Nea appear to have mental issue above and beyond that. No one is disputing the mental health issues caused by being a trans person in our world today. For a while, this game seemed pretty good at showcasing that struggle. Then it had Nea kill herself because the MC didn't love her versus anything related to being trans. Nea didn't commit suicide because she was trans. She committed suicide because for whatever reason, Luxee decided to kill her off after forcing an awkward (but not suicide inducing by a long shot) moment between the MC and her, and then forcing the player to make a choice after Nea had already fallen in love with the player. The MC themselves state that they haven't decided yet whether they like Nea yet. So this is all from a situation where Nea falls in love with the player despite him not yet expressing any feelings for her, and then Luxee deciding the best idea for Nea after the MC didn't return her love was to kill herself, because "obviously trans people are mentally unstable and will kill themselves for any reason at all". Not their words, but I'm trying to convey how it comes across, and how it's not particular helpful to portray trans people this way after the game was doing so well from what my admittedly limited experience with trans people, just knowing one somewhat tangentially. If Nea were representative of trans people though, the message Luxee is sending is don't get involved at any level. You might do the wrong thing and they'll kill themselves. Don't even be friends, and definitely don't get romantic with them because when that ends, so will the trans person because they're only one bad moment from offing themselves. All of the support and encouragement you could offer as a non-sexual friend are worthless, so don't even try. You'll end up making it worse.
i wouldnt put it that deep, but your description was how it felt for me as well. like the game is saying she is suffering from some mental illness, that is made worse because she puts her hopes of being happy by having sex with you. and if you dont want that, then her life is worthless.

also, the way the game sets it up, make it seems her life got worse because she came out as trans. and it got worse to the point of betting her reason to live on the love with the mc.

finally, lets talk about how the game paints trans people as manipulative. with nea, knowingly or not, manipulates the MC. lets look at it from a more realistic angle, how would the MC feel after hearing of Nea suicide, and how he would blame himself for it. because lets be honest, she made him basically the trigger for it.

that's fucked up, and its why, i agree with Corambis when he talked about "dont get involved with trans people". because that shit is not something many people will take and be able to move on that easily. killing yourself will hurt the people around you, and the MC is clearly someone who cares about her, and is doing what he can for it. but because he decided not to go into a more intimate relationship, she kills herself, ignoring everything else he offered, or could still offer her.

Demolukas

We are all equal.
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2018
F95 moderators put an "Abandoned" tag on games that have no updates in # months (3, corrected from next post). Usually the Dev posting stupid useless stuff like "monthly render" or wallpapers keeps the game from being tagged abandoned but according to Patreon Luxee hasn't posted anything at all since early December 2021 hence "abandoned."
Sometimes just posting on Patreon every couple months that the game is 95% of the way finished for 2+ years keeps the tag away (Offcuts) but eventually the mods see the light and add the tag.
Thanks for the explanation:giggle:

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
i wouldnt put it that deep, but your description was how it felt for me as well. like the game is saying she is suffering from some mental illness, that is made worse because she puts her hopes of being happy by having sex with you. and if you dont want that, then her life is worthless.

also, the way the game sets it up, make it seems her life got worse because she came out as trans. and it got worse to the point of betting her reason to live on the love with the mc.

finally, lets talk about how the game paints trans people as manipulative. with nea, knowingly or not, manipulates the MC. lets look at it from a more realistic angle, how would the MC feel after hearing of Nea suicide, and how he would blame himself for it. because lets be honest, she made him basically the trigger for it.

that's fucked up, and its why, i agree with Corambis when he talked about "dont get involved with trans people". because that shit is not something many people will take and be able to move on that easily. killing yourself will hurt the people around you, and the MC is clearly someone who cares about her, and is doing what he can for it. but because he decided not to go into a more intimate relationship, she kills herself, ignoring everything else he offered, or could still offer her.
This game could be put back on track fairly easily by undoing the suicide. Maybe not have Nea fall in love with you until the player has made the choice that they want that romance, or at least have her realize that even though she's disappointed., she understands and really values the MC's friendship. I'm not saying don't put suicide in the game. But don't have it so far only happen on the friendship route when the MC literally does nothing wrong and everything right. Put it in the "ignore Nea" route. Or put it on the "romance Nea" route if the MC is abusive himself and the circumstances call for it. But for God's sake don't punish the player for making the enlightened choice, unless we're talking a "Nea" dies in every path type situation, which I don't think it is. In fact, they may very well survive in the "completely ignore Nea and their bullying" route. And if she dies in the romance route due to suicide? I think you'll see a lot more people awfully pissed.

On a side note, this entire debate is making me think about transpeople more, and in trying to articulate why this last update and Nea's suicide were bad, it's making me understand their struggle more, and also appreciate how the game started out, but not how it changed. I don't think making people think was what Luxee had in mind with the suicide though. It's just a bizarre plot twist to the game and undermines a lot of what the game had done up to that point. Perhaps it's best summed up that everything up to the last update was eye-opening enough where some people can newly recognize how messed-up the last one was.

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes