Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
The last update makes Nea appear to have mental issue above and beyond that. No one is disputing the mental health issues caused by being a trans person in our world today. For a while, this game seemed pretty good at showcasing that struggle. Then it had Nea kill herself because the MC didn't love her versus anything related to being trans. Nea didn't commit suicide because she was trans. She committed suicide because for whatever reason, Luxee decided to kill her off after forcing an awkward (but not suicide inducing by a long shot) moment between the MC and her, and then forcing the player to make a choice after Nea had already fallen in love with the player. The MC themselves state that they haven't decided yet whether they like Nea yet. So this is all from a situation where Nea falls in love with the player despite him not yet expressing any feelings for her, and then Luxee deciding the best idea for Nea after the MC didn't return her love was to kill herself, because "obviously trans people are mentally unstable and will kill themselves for any reason at all". Not their words, but I'm trying to convey how it comes across, and how it's not particular helpful to portray trans people this way after the game was doing so well from what my admittedly limited experience with trans people, just knowing one somewhat tangentially. If Nea were representative of trans people though, the message Luxee is sending is don't get involved at any level. You might do the wrong thing and they'll kill themselves. Don't even be friends, and definitely don't get romantic with them because when that ends, so will the trans person because they're only one bad moment from offing themselves. All of the support and encouragement you could offer as a non-sexual friend are worthless, so don't even try. You'll end up making it worse.
From a story building standpoint, it does make some sense. I'm not gonna deny it's supremely awkward, but it does. Let me explain "rapidly".
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ugh finally...start on parental love season 2....this game suxx
If your only comment is to shit on this game, please kindly fuck off from this thread, you are not needed here, nor does your presence hold any value or usefullness.

i wouldnt put it that deep, but your description was how it felt for me as well. like the game is saying she is suffering from some mental illness, that is made worse because she puts her hopes of being happy by having sex with you. and if you dont want that, then her life is worthless.
Not exactly. As stated in my spoiler, it's more a case of her suddenly being terrified that the MC's supprot is going to dissapear because she admited her feelings. It's not uncommon actually, many people suddenly admiting their feelings to a friend are terrified at the idea of forever ruining that friendship.

But in short, I agree with multiple people here. The way that path was handled was awkward and should probably be redone. The only people it pleases are transphobic people, and from Luxee's clear love for that type of characters, it's not a crowd they should bother trying to please. If they don't like it, they can just find another game.
I have no clue if Luxee would be open to remaking that part, but, since the very beginning of her route already has an option to skip most of her content, it would probably benefit from switching to either accepting her feelings (the superior route obviously :KEK:) to getting abble to de-escalate her fears and settling into a close friendship for those who like her story but aren't romantically into her.
The only hope we can have is that Luxee will change their mind about it. I keep thinking it might have been an emotional reaction born from the transphobic backlash, to have choose such an extreme route (though I can't prove it obviously).

Last edited by a moderator:

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
I have no idea but I wouldn’t be surprised if the suicide idea is based on a similar scene in Life Is Strange. There your choices also affect whether a girl jumps off a roof, and she’s cis. So this has not that much with being trans as if that’s the biggest issue. Nea’s biggest issue is the bullying and rejection and lack of compassion or love in her life.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I have no idea but I wouldn’t be surprised if the suicide idea is based on a similar scene in Life Is Strange. There your choices also affect whether a girl jumps off a roof, and she’s cis. So this has not that much with being trans as if that’s the biggest issue. Nea’s biggest issue is the bullying and rejection and lack of compassion or love in her life.
Yeah no the LiS is quit a bit different of a situation though... It's more that the assholes responsibles threaten to actually destroy her life for fun...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
But in short, I agree with multiple people here. The way that path was handled was awkward and should probably be redone. The only people it pleases are transphobic people, and from Luxee's clear love for that type of characters, it's not a crowd they should bother trying to please. If they don't like it, they can just find another game.
I have no clue if Luxee would be open to remaking that part, but, since the very beginning of her route already has an option to skip most of her content, it would probably benefit from switching to either accepting her feelings (the superior route obviously :KEK:) to getting abble to de-escalate her fears and settling into a close friendship for those who like her story but aren't romantically into her.
The only hope we can have is that Luxee will change their mind about it. I keep thinking it might have been an emotional reaction born from the transphobic backlash, to have choose such an extreme route (though I can't prove it obviously).
Yeah, that was kind of a mess of text on my side. I wrote it late at night, somewhat passionately. Let's hope that Luxee killed Nea off under similar circumstances. I could get back and edit my post if I wanted, and Luxee can, with admittedly more effort. undo whatever he feels needs to be done so Nea doesn't die. At least under those awkward circumstances.

As I've said, I'm not against suicide in a game if handled right, especially when the central love interest comes from a marginalized group with a very high suicide rate. But it's something that needs to be handled with a delicacy that didn't happen here. Luxee changed PL all of the time, although there were no deaths to undo there. I'm hoping that they undo Nea's death. I think that as you suggest it was done as a reaction versus part of a plan. Absolutely zero people other than transphobes will care if she is brought back, and a lot of us who do want to help her will breathe a sigh of relief. Plus the game can go back to being a more positive and accurate view of the trans experience, although it would be interesting to get the thoughts of an actual trans person at some point as to how they think things are handled and how accurate they are.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
although it would be interesting to get the thoughts of an actual trans person at some point as to how they think things are handled and how accurate they are.
Yeah, I had a contact on here who is trans, but sadly she droped off the face of the earth for a while now. I wish I could get her opinion on all of Nea's story.

• Angry
Reactions: Misteriol

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
You all may take under consideration that all the complains from people about the Abandoning Tag is because they liked and wanted this game. Personally when I saw the "Tag" I felt sad and I believe others felt the same. Usually when you see abandoned game you react if you like it with a post perhaps to change Dev's mind for abandoning a game you like. Sure there are games without update far more than 3 months and Luxee has posted in PL that Apartment will continue after the last update of PL but that doesn't show alongside with the "Tag". Unfortunately :( so people first think to post and maybe 2nd read history. I don't know if many people like history at all, the repeatable mistakes of humans really shows different :) ( a bit of role play from my avatar) :ROFLMAO:

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
Because that wasn't the case before Nea got the whole romance option thing, before then it was your standard harem that just so happened to have a trans character.
This is no coincidence, it was planned from the beginning. The developer had plans for a game with trans main girl when he was still in the middle of developing PL. So if this LI bothers you, you're really playing the wrong game. Nothing will change that.

If you just have said that the current main focus on Nea only bothers you, I would agree with you. This decision by the developer is really not good. However, the game isn't very far in development yet. And tehre are many LI. So we have to be patient here. Sooner or later it's the others' turn. (y)

Reactions: Ariostebaldo

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
This is no coincidence, it was planned from the beginning. The developer had plans for a game with trans main girl when he was still in the middle of developing PL. So if this LI bothers you, you're really playing the wrong game. Nothing will change that.

If you just have said that the current main focus on Nea only bothers you, I would agree with you. This decision by the developer is really not good. However, the game isn't very far in development yet. And tehre are many LI. So we have to be patient here. Sooner or later it's the others' turn. (y)
The main thing for some people I think is that it was all supposed to be avoidable content, which is kind of standard for that kind of thing and what was promised by Luxee. Making the character the central love interest and having so many paths go through Nea complicates things, and I seem to recall that you broke early versions of the game if you avoided Nea altogether. I could very well be remembering that wrong though. It was impossible to progress unless Nea was involved. If you look at Luxee's website, the mom is actually the promoted character in some places, which maybe led some people to expect a different focus as well had they not known the history for the game. We all knew Nea would be in it, but I don't think it's something that actually gets advertised that much other than Nea's picture on some banners.

The "friendship" route with Nea also involves catching her masturbating with the MC's underwear, which may have been more than people expected to see when they thought the trans content was optional. It's like a game with optional incest content yet you walk in on your sister masturbating in your bed moaning your name before opting into that action. It wasn't a huge deal for me, but at the same time the entire scene was awkward in itself. I guess I never really saw girls as being obsessed with men's dirty underwear. Being a wearer of said underwear, I'd stay away from even my own once I take it off. Not being female myself but trying to extrapolate female behavior from what little I know about them, it would have made more sense to me for Nea to stumble across a photo of the MC in swim trunks or something while he was out, or just crawl into his bed or put on a shirt he had worn earlier before masturbating. And then the scene kind of leads into more awkwardness and Nea's suicide if you choose just to be friends.

I also wish the questions had been clearer. I kind of stared at them when they came up, and they just seemed worded... weird. Unclearly. Certainly it didn't imply there's be bad stuff if you picked the friendship route at the end. It just said Nea wouldn't be in love with you anymore. All we really needed were "I love Nea" and "I want to stay just friends" as options, and the friends one not lead to suicide unless that's just unavoidable on any route or the MC messed up in a big way. Although the way the questions were worded, I'm still not sure if we were opting into sex with one of the choices or if there was going to be a third "friendship" question further down the road.

Last edited:

nicoartamai

Apr 24, 2020
My youngest born a female came out when she was around 12, I grabbed a hold of her and told her how proud I was of her. Now many years later with multiple changes to her sexuality (me standing behind her every single step) she tells me that she wants to be considered a male and wants to change her legal name and gender. I'm like Hey son or daughter I don't care I'm still going to love you the same. That was 2 yrs ago. My child who wants to be considered a male dresses like a female and decided against doing the surgery to remove her breasts gets mad at me because when she dresses like a female I call her a female. I'll ask her (just a FYI I was calling her a him until about 2 months ago) Hey have you started the whole legally changing your name and gender yet? Well no not yet... So yes I'm kinda being a arse about it but I just want her to either shit or get off the pot so to speak. And yes I know that changes like this are HUGE but don't get pissed when we(me) don't understand the why's how's and such because the only reason you give is " just because". I'm sorry folks my original point before I went on a tangent is she has been bullied ever since she first came out she's been hospitalized so many times because of trying to commit suicide home schooling. She recently turned 20 and her mentality is that of a child. So I feel for Nea and would love to go into the game and completely and utterly beat the ever living shit out of her father.. crap there I go again. Bye for now

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I have no idea what game you have been playing but nowhere in the game is she "mentally ill just for being trans".

Nea is mentally ill because of the years of bullying she received, the mental torture, the resentment of her father and the inactions of her mother.

Everybody would be in that mindset after so many years of abuse and something like that can happen to everyone.
Nea just so happens to be trans, Nea jumps off a roof just because of being rejected (something someone would not do under most circumstances, including trans people), so the takeaway is that the game is making her mental illness (her suicidal tendencies) be from being trans. There is nothing indicating that it was any other factor besides the rejection when there are clearly other factors at play. It is largely the fact that Nea ONLY does this off of being rejected romantically, which again, is not normal for anyone. If Nea had attempted this BEFORE being rejected or at least not so close to said rejection, MAYBE it could be played off as the bullying or familial betrayal.

The last update makes Nea appear to have mental issue above and beyond that. No one is disputing the mental health issues caused by being a trans person in our world today. For a while, this game seemed pretty good at showcasing that struggle. Then it had Nea kill herself because the MC didn't love her versus anything related to being trans. Nea didn't commit suicide because she was trans. She committed suicide because for whatever reason, Luxee decided to kill her off after forcing an awkward (but not suicide inducing by a long shot) moment between the MC and her, and then forcing the player to make a choice after Nea had already fallen in love with the player. The MC themselves state that they haven't decided yet whether they like Nea yet. So this is all from a situation where Nea falls in love with the player despite him not yet expressing any feelings for her, and then Luxee deciding the best idea for Nea after the MC didn't return her love was to kill herself, because "obviously trans people are mentally unstable and will kill themselves for any reason at all". Not their words, but I'm trying to convey how it comes across, and how it's not particular helpful to portray trans people this way after the game was doing so well from what my admittedly limited experience with trans people, just knowing one somewhat tangentially. If Nea were representative of trans people though, the message Luxee is sending is don't get involved at any level. You might do the wrong thing and they'll kill themselves. Don't even be friends, and definitely don't get romantic with them because when that ends, so will the trans person because they're only one bad moment from offing themselves. All of the support and encouragement you could offer as a non-sexual friend are worthless, so don't even try. You'll end up making it worse.
Absolutely not, trans people in the real world are statistically more prone to mental health problems than any other group. It was how the suicide was portrayed, basically 'MC doesn't love me, goodbye cruel world' with nothing tying it to the harsh life Nea has lived. Being rejected romantically is by no means a trigger for suicidal tendencies for any person, this was obviously just Luxee using that as a dig at people who told Nea no and an extreme dig at that. This sent the message that Nea, a trans person, was inherently mentally ill, which then snowballs into portraying being trans in general the same way. Luxee stepped on a landmine with this one, you absolutely CANNOT portray any group this way and expect to come out of it with zero backlash, it is the worst possible representation Nea and trans people could get.

i wouldnt put it that deep, but your description was how it felt for me as well. like the game is saying she is suffering from some mental illness, that is made worse because she puts her hopes of being happy by having sex with you. and if you dont want that, then her life is worthless.

also, the way the game sets it up, make it seems her life got worse because she came out as trans. and it got worse to the point of betting her reason to live on the love with the mc.

finally, lets talk about how the game paints trans people as manipulative. with nea, knowingly or not, manipulates the MC. lets look at it from a more realistic angle, how would the MC feel after hearing of Nea suicide, and how he would blame himself for it. because lets be honest, she made him basically the trigger for it.

that's fucked up, and its why, i agree with Corambis when he talked about "dont get involved with trans people". because that shit is not something many people will take and be able to move on that easily. killing yourself will hurt the people around you, and the MC is clearly someone who cares about her, and is doing what he can for it. but because he decided not to go into a more intimate relationship, she kills herself, ignoring everything else he offered, or could still offer her.
I mean, Nea technically is, just not from being trans. Nea is suicidal, which is technically a form of metal illness and an extremely dangerous one at that. The whole coming out making Nea's life hell is accurate, some trans people do go through hell from the people around them.

You're right, Nea was triggered into suicide by being rejected, which can also be seen as manipulation from beyond the grave, or from Nea's hospital bed in the absolutely microscopic chance Nea were to fail and survive. The MC would absolutely blame himself, so would I if I was the last interaction with someone before they jumped. I would be beating myself over the head, mentally, brooding over how I was too late or how I didn't see the signs of being suicidal. This paints trans people as people who would cause this exact same kind of mental and emotional anguish just because they were rejected, which by extension paints them as petty. That is absolutely NOT how they really are.

Only in your head. Nothing in what was quoted said that the dev has to come here and request the tag.
Actually, not in my head at all, just in the interpretation of whatever mod/staff sees the lack of activity. Remember, most rules are subject to interpretation by whoever is enforcing them on a case by case basis. If they say the developer has to come request it, whether the text says it or not, the developer has to come request it.

What strange reasoning to tag this game thread with "Abandoned". This is, has, and will always be a pirate board, and so there will always be people that will never support the devs financially. That being said, some users here do actually decide to take that leap and I can't imagine tagging a game in-development as being "Abandoned" when it isn't helps in any way in convincing any users to take that leap compared to if that tag wasn't present.
It doesn't help, but rules are rules. Luxee hadn't been posting on Patreon for three months or more, so the game is tagged abandoned and he will have to come request the on hold tag again, thereby confirming he is still active on this game.

Yeah, that was kind of a mess of text on my side. I wrote it late at night, somewhat passionately. Let's hope that Luxee killed Nea off under similar circumstances. I could get back and edit my post if I wanted, and Luxee can, with admittedly more effort. undo whatever he feels needs to be done so Nea doesn't die. At least under those awkward circumstances.

As I've said, I'm not against suicide in a game if handled right, especially when the central love interest comes from a marginalized group with a very high suicide rate. But it's something that needs to be handled with a delicacy that didn't happen here. Luxee changed PL all of the time, although there were no deaths to undo there. I'm hoping that they undo Nea's death. I think that as you suggest it was done as a reaction versus part of a plan. Absolutely zero people other than transphobes will care if she is brought back, and a lot of us who do want to help her will breathe a sigh of relief. Plus the game can go back to being a more positive and accurate view of the trans experience, although it would be interesting to get the thoughts of an actual trans person at some point as to how they think things are handled and how accurate they are.
Quite frankly, he handled it with the delicacy of a bull in a china shop.

so far all I've gotten are people mad that Luxiee ruined the game by (spoiler)ing (spoiler) and people getting yelled at for asking about why the game has the abandoned tag.
Every other comment I've made has had at least one instance of answering this, not abandoned, just no activity for this game on Patreon specifically whereas other places have seen activity and F95 just doesn't look in those places, so the game was tagged.

It was no coincidence, but it also wasn't planned and I am in no way playing the wrong game. There are a select few people in the player base that are blatantly transphobic, not necessarily from here, and the Nea suicide was a pretty blatant reactionary addition. Nea was planned from the start and I actually like Nea, though the reliance of other character's events solely on Nea at points irks me, but the suicide is what I don't like. Nea reacted to being romantically rejected by saying 'he doesn't love me, so my life is over' instead of 'there is nothing but hell in my life, so guess I'll end it.' That is the problem I have, the fault for Nea's suicide is being placed directly on the player's choice, not on the real driving factors, her harsh life.

Latest from Patreon. Looks like Luxee is taking ideas for 0.07. Not sure if that's enough to remove the
[Abandoned] tag though.

Finally

Fuck. I just want to help Nea finish her transition and then fuck her during every stage, come on man.
I just want to be Nea's shield, from other people AND Nea's own hand.

The main thing for some people I think is that it was all supposed to be avoidable content, which is kind of standard for that kind of thing and what was promised by Luxee. Making the character the central love interest and having so many paths go through Nea complicates things, and I seem to recall that you broke early versions of the game if you avoided Nea altogether. I could very well be remembering that wrong though. It was impossible to progress unless Nea was involved. If you look at Luxee's website, the mom is actually the promoted character in some places, which maybe led some people to expect a different focus as well had they not known the history for the game. We all knew Nea would be in it, but I don't think it's something that actually gets advertised that much other than Nea's picture on some banners.

The "friendship" route with Nea also involves catching her masturbating with the MC's underwear, which may have been more than people expected to see when they thought the trans content was optional. It's like a game with optional incest content yet you walk in on your sister masturbating in your bed moaning your name before opting into that action. It wasn't a huge deal for me, but at the same time the entire scene was awkward in itself. I guess I never really saw girls as being obsessed with men's dirty underwear. Being a wearer of said underwear, I'd stay away from even my own once I take it off. Not being female myself but trying to extrapolate female behavior from what little I know about them, it would have made more sense to me for Nea to stumble across a photo of the MC in swim trunks or something while he was out, or just crawl into his bed or put on a shirt he had worn earlier before masturbating. And then the scene kind of leads into more awkwardness and Nea's suicide if you choose just to be friends.

I also wish the questions had been clearer. I kind of stared at them when they came up, and they just seemed worded... weird. Unclearly. Certainly it didn't imply there's be bad stuff if you picked the friendship route at the end. It just said Nea wouldn't be in love with you anymore. All we really needed were "I love Nea" and "I want to stay just friends" as options, and the friends one not lead to suicide unless that's just unavoidable on any route or the MC messed up in a big way. Although the way the questions were worded, I'm still not sure if we were opting into sex with one of the choices or if there was going to be a third "friendship" question further down the road.
It was, we were supposed to get a friendship route, I very specifically remember that coming up as confirmed. Going through Nea as a central love interest IS doable on a friendship only route, I've said it before, the friendship route can be exactly like the love route with a simple block programmed into the code to block off sex scenes and some slight variation in the text to make it denote they are only friends (this is actually extremely easy, any programmer with the most basic skill possible knows how to do this in the programming language they learned, like I know how in Visual Basic for example). Yes, if you avoid Nea entirely, other entire routes get blocked off because large swaths of the game require the Nea route, this was Luxee's first mistake, but certainly not his biggest. The mom has been the promoted character since day one, Nea only just started along with positioning Nea as a central figure that cannot be avoided. It certainly led me to think Nea wasn't as central as Nea turned out to be, giving the impression that the MC's family were the central characters. Then there's the parts you mention later, the underwear, then the big question, and finally Nea's death for anyone who chooses no.

There was absolutely no warning there would be a bad outcome, we were led to believe it would lead to just being friends and this belief turned out to be horribly wrong in the worst way humanly possible.

My youngest born a female came out when she was around 12, I grabbed a hold of her and told her how proud I was of her. Now many years later with multiple changes to her sexuality (me standing behind her every single step) she tells me that she wants to be considered a male and wants to change her legal name and gender. I'm like Hey son or daughter I don't care I'm still going to love you the same. That was 2 yrs ago. My child who wants to be considered a male dresses like a female and decided against doing the surgery to remove her breasts gets mad at me because when she dresses like a female I call her a female. I'll ask her (just a FYI I was calling her a him until about 2 months ago) Hey have you started the whole legally changing your name and gender yet? Well no not yet... So yes I'm kinda being a arse about it but I just want her to either shit or get off the pot so to speak. And yes I know that changes like this are HUGE but don't get pissed when we(me) don't understand the why's how's and such because the only reason you give is " just because". I'm sorry folks my original point before I went on a tangent is she has been bullied ever since she first came out she's been hospitalized so many times because of trying to commit suicide home schooling. She recently turned 20 and her mentality is that of a child. So I feel for Nea and would love to go into the game and completely and utterly beat the ever living shit out of her father.. crap there I go again. Bye for now
Absolutely do NOT let your kid stand alone in this, you got that right, people like them need all the support they can get. Those bullies are lucky I'm not involved, let's just say there wouldn't be much left when I was done with them. I haven't come out myself to anyone except my sister (I'm demisexual, so on the asexuality spectrum), who has come out as a lesbian to our parents and I think she has to her friends, but if anyone were to bully her over her sexuality...discipline by the school they attend or whatever institution this occurs at would be the least of their worries (I can be EXTREMELY protective of family in particular, it doesn't matter the circumstances unless said family is actually in the wrong and can be proven as such).

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 70 Votes