alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
For Luxee to change his mind, he would have to receive quite a few complaints from his subscribers. I don't know if this has happened.

But in no case are they going to be able to relate it to the fact that their game appears as abandoned in this forum: for that they should know. They may act on the consequences, if any, but not because of the appearance of the "abandoned" tag itself.

I will continue playing, hopefully in the next updates we will have content of Tess and Cha'relle. Although I will not complain if the content is of other LIs (except Alicia, I prefer not to have a second more content of her)
Nor do I

They don't need to relate it to the game appearing abandoned here, the effect is the same regardless of knowing as it still motivates a drop in traffic to the pay sites, still motivates a drop in subscriptions and possibly even a loss of existing subscriptions, as extremely unlikely as that is, and still motivates a drop in developer morale all culminating in a threat to the game continuing.

I will continue playing as long as I don't see a result along the lines of the suicide remaining as is, or worse, Luxee doubling down on it.

Mar 24, 2022
Nor do I

They don't need to relate it to the game appearing abandoned here, the effect is the same regardless of knowing as it still motivates a drop in traffic to the pay sites, still motivates a drop in subscriptions and possibly even a loss of existing subscriptions, as extremely unlikely as that is, and still motivates a drop in developer morale all culminating in a threat to the game continuing.

I will continue playing as long as I don't see a result along the lines of the suicide remaining as is, or worse, Luxee doubling down on it.
I think that's why I'm anxious about 0.07, to see what happens after the Look Out Below. If it's kept in-game as canon, then it's an obstacle out of the way and I can enjoy the game for what it's for and what it could be.

As a screenshot collector, if the character remains in the game and I keep on ignoring, I might miss screenshots of other characters that are actually important to me, so I'm hoping for the former actually sticking around and going forward with that choice so there's less one-character centralization

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I think that's why I'm anxious about 0.07, to see what happens after the Look Out Below. If it's kept in-game as canon, then it's an obstacle out of the way and I can enjoy the game for what it's for and what it could be.

As a screenshot collector, if the character remains in the game and I keep on ignoring, I might miss screenshots of other characters that are actually important to me, so I'm hoping for the former actually sticking around and going forward with that choice so there's less one-character centralization
That centralization might prove to be detrimental in the post-suicide part as well if the reliance on Nea as a trigger for other characters has anything to say about it.

Mar 24, 2022
That centralization might prove to be detrimental in the post-suicide part as well if the reliance on Nea as a trigger for other characters has anything to say about it.
Right now, I personally think it's going to be shit with the father. As far as I know in the game, we've never seen any other person but Heather really talk to her. They had the sub only scene when Evie sneaks up on them, but that's not in the game yet as story. I've never seen anyone else interact with her either than Heather, Eric and the father.

I'd fucking hate to have to drop this game if keeping her around is a necessity to move the game forward. I really want my "four angels" in this game. I'd rather NOT have a black cloud hanging over their progress and my enjoyment of this game.

Mar 24, 2022
I also can't see Luxee "rewriting history" to make the death only a dream or something silly like that.

I think the jump actually happened. Why put it in, only to remove it in the next update? It's literally bringing someone back from the dead, and I also think it's a bad move to make, as it doesn't show a "sticking to your guns" mentality in sticking with the story that you already wrote and which is in most players minds right now, at least to those who know she did a jump without a parachute.

So I'm putting my eggs in that basket.

I'm also putting the other half of my eggs in the basket that there's going to be shit with the father, and he'll be the big problem going forward with the story. All of it is, or was, his doing. He should be held accountable if anyone; not the MC, not Heather, no one but him and him alone.

• Thinking Face

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
I also can't see Luxee "rewriting history" to make the death only a dream or something silly like that.

I think the jump actually happened. Why put it in, only to remove it in the next update? It's literally bringing someone back from the dead, and I also think it's a bad move to make, as it doesn't show a "sticking to your guns" mentality in sticking with the story that you already wrote and which is in most players minds right now, at least to those who know she did a jump without a parachute.
The entire game is actually a story being narrated to someone at a restaurant sharing past events. All the game has to do is cut back to the present with the listener going "Wait, Nea killed herself?" at which point the MC goes "Oh, so you were listening after all. The way you were checking out that waitress had me wondering. No, although I was worried about her, so..." and then it's back into his story.

Even if this wasn't all a narration/flashback, I'm pretty sure this game is labeled as a Beta, since pretty much everything is these days. Everything is subject to change. And Luxee has tweaked stuff in the past, although not to the point of undoing a death. But at the same time, I don't think he's made as unpopular a decision as this in the past. Most people won't complain if he changes this, and as often gets brought up it makes his job as a developer easier as well.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

I'm also putting the other half of my eggs in the basket that there's going to be shit with the father, and he'll be the big problem going forward with the story. All of it is, or was, his doing. He should be held accountable if anyone; not the MC, not Heather, no one but him and him alone.
Well, for one, because it was entirely a reaction to an outside factor, that factor being some pretty blatant, although not widespread, hate for Nea being trans. Reactionary additions rarely blend well as they come from a deep emotional response that runs the risk of clouding the developer's creative vision and judgement as to what would actually flow well. What was a good way to continue gets clouded by 'must take shots at this group of players' instead of continuing on the same path as it was originally on. Also, it can't be bringing back the dead if the dead in question never died. If Nea were to be prevented from jumping or if the jump were to be erased entirely, then Nea would never have died through the jump since the jump never occurred. Sticking to your guns is often a good move, but not when an obvious mistake was made, the mistake here being saying there would be a friendship route only for what was thought to be that friendship route to end in Nea's death and having no indication that the friendship route that had previously been confirmed was still in production. This leads to the belief that the players were lied to. Having the current story in players' minds for this game is not such a good idea, especially Nea's route for the exact reasons above.

As for the father, I have so much hate directed at him within the story already, he has to be in my top three most hated characters at this point and he hasn't even made an on screen appearance.

The entire game is actually a story being narrated to someone at a restaurant sharing past events. All the game has to do is cut back to the present with the listener going "Wait, Nea killed herself?" at which point the MC goes "Oh, so you were listening after all. The way you were checking out that waitress had me wondering. No, although I was worried about her, so..." and then it's back into his story.

Even if this wasn't all a narration/flashback, I'm pretty sure this game is labeled as a Beta, since pretty much everything is these days. Everything is subject to change. And Luxee has tweaked stuff in the past, although not to the point of undoing a death. But at the same time, I don't think he's made as unpopular a decision as this in the past. Most people won't complain if he changes this, and as often gets brought up it makes his job as a developer easier as well.
That's actually a pretty good way to divert away from the Nea suicide without having to remove it and still allowing Nea to remain alive. At this point, not even a beta, more like a late alpha at best. Luxee has not made a decision this unpopular in the past, at least not since before Parental Love, which was the game I started on with him. He also hasn't had someone this central to the story die in any game I have been watching. I certainly will not complain if he removes the suicide, normally I would applaud such a thing because that means he is willing to fix errors in judgement, but it is a bit late for applause. He will have to settle for not getting complaints anymore with me...as long as he doesn't repeat this, do suicide right if you're going to do it or don't do it at all. The timing was way too early in the game to make any sense.

So, who else is looking forward to more wholesome movie times with your little sister and her friend?
Well, more than one friend really. Both Evie and Embie taught little Yui some English, so it's really Evie and friends.
I certainly am, especially if Yui is involved.

Mar 24, 2022
Well, for one, because it was entirely a reaction to an outside factor, that factor being some pretty blatant, although not widespread, hate for Nea being trans. Reactionary additions rarely blend well as they come from a deep emotional response that runs the risk of clouding the developer's creative vision and judgement as to what would actually flow well. What was a good way to continue gets clouded by 'must take shots at this group of players' instead of continuing on the same path as it was originally on. Also, it can't be bringing back the dead if the dead in question never died. If Nea were to be prevented from jumping or if the jump were to be erased entirely, then Nea would never have died through the jump since the jump never occurred. Sticking to your guns is often a good move, but not when an obvious mistake was made, the mistake here being saying there would be a friendship route only for what was thought to be that friendship route to end in Nea's death and having no indication that the friendship route that had previously been confirmed was still in production. This leads to the belief that the players were lied to. Having the current story in players' minds for this game is not such a good idea, especially Nea's route for the exact reasons above.

As for the father, I have so much hate directed at him within the story already, he has to be in my top three most hated characters at this point and he hasn't even made an on screen appearance.

That's actually a pretty good way to divert away from the Nea suicide without having to remove it and still allowing Nea to remain alive. At this point, not even a beta, more like a late alpha at best. Luxee has not made a decision this unpopular in the past, at least not since before Parental Love, which was the game I started on with him. He also hasn't had someone this central to the story die in any game I have been watching. I certainly will not complain if he removes the suicide, normally I would applaud such a thing because that means he is willing to fix errors in judgement, but it is a bit late for applause. He will have to settle for not getting complaints anymore with me...as long as he doesn't repeat this, do suicide right if you're going to do it or don't do it at all. The timing was way too early in the game to make any sense.

I certainly am, especially if Yui is involved.
So you're saying he put that in, for what? to garner some sort of reaction of players to see how they took to it, and depending on what that reaction was, he'd either keep the suicide in or remove it?

I love Luxee and his games, but doing a suicide switcheroo in my eyes would fuck up his credibility? Why put it in at all to give players like me hate her hope that she's finally gone just to say "nope this was just a test of the emergency broadcast system" and it never happened?

Sorry, not buying it. If she comes back in 0.07 after that jump, I'm going to be pretty pissed off

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
The results of the jump wasn't shown if I remember correctly. So, it's possible that it results trip to hospital instead of graveyard.

Reactions: Duke Leo

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
So you're saying he put that in, for what? to garner some sort of reaction of players to see how they took to it, and depending on what that reaction was, he'd either keep the suicide in or remove it?

I love Luxee and his games, but doing a suicide switcheroo in my eyes would fuck up his credibility? Why put it in at all to give players like me hate her hope that she's finally gone just to say "nope this was just a test of the emergency broadcast system" and it never happened?

Sorry, not buying it. If she comes back in 0.07 after that jump, I'm going to be pretty pissed off
I understand you, and I think if Luxee made her jump, it's a definite thing. You don't see what happens, it's true, but it's quite clear from the comments that what has happened is something irremediable (her jumping from the roof is deduced from what happens on the other route). Also, as I recall, the MC arrives at the scene after it has happened (and nothing is said about a suicide note). Actually, as far as you know, something terrible and definitive happens to Nea on this route and the MC only arrives at the place in time to see the consequences of it.

The results of the jump wasn't shown if I remember correctly. So, it's possible that it results trip to hospital instead of graveyard.
From how he describes it and what happens in what should be Nea's next scenes, I think the consequences are definitive.

Mar 24, 2022
I understand you, and I think if Luxee made her jump, it's a definite thing. You don't see what happens, it's true, but it's quite clear from the comments that what has happened is something irremediable (her jumping from the roof is deduced from what happens on the other route). Also, as I recall, the MC arrives at the scene after it has happened (and nothing is said about a suicide note). Actually, as far as you know, something terrible and definitive happens to Nea on this route and the MC only arrives at the place in time to see the consequences of it.

From how he describes it and what happens in what should be Nea's next scenes, I think the consequences are definitive.
Yeah, mach 10 nosedive, she ain't getting up, and I really hope it stays that way. I've never been behind a VN concept and choice so much as I am behind this

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Yeah, mach 10 nosedive, she ain't getting up, and I really hope it stays that way. I've never been behind a VN concept and choice so much as I am behind this
I leave a post I made some time ago:

Well, after choosing "I can't be into her (she will no longer love you)" you have the following text dialog on a black background: "On my way back to my apartment building I witnessed something to horrific to include in this fun story ". "I still blame myself to this day"

After that you have another "scene" with Nea that only includes the following text: "Oh, yeah ... I forgot" with no images.

For me, knowing what happens on the other route, there is a great possibility that Nea killed herself jumping to the ground.
I find it unlikely that Nea is in the hospital and not in the graveyard: if he wanted something like that he could have done the scene in the hospital and not a black screen with some letters leaving a dark message.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I know, but in this game, I really fucking don't like her. Sorry buddy, I know we're friends and all, but she gives me the same reaction I have when I see Eric or the masseuse in PL

JUST.GET.AWAY!

Sorry dude :ROFLMAO:
A shame... for me the same instinct I have for Lucy from MNF kicks in and I want to protect them the most...

Both are characters I just want to hold tight and give them the world...
IMHO both deserve so much and yet had so little in their lives...

Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic...

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020

Unfortunately, there are many people here who hate Nea. Of course, not everyone likes trans/futa content. But I think there would have been other solutions. The idea here is quite radical. Well, i don't care, i play the romance route.

But there are also players who generally want Nea out of the game. I hope they don't prevail in the end. I also ask myself why these people play a game in the first place where it was clear from day one that there would be a trans main girl? So, for my part, I am not to be found in any threat to games with content which I don´t like. Why should I? What I don't like, others like. And they should have fun too. But the fact that there are many players in this forum who regard the dev as a fulfillment slave of their wishes and apply constant pressure accordingly, instead of respecting the fact that they are guests of the devs fantasy, is an unsolved mystery of this forum up today.

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes