Mar 24, 2022
A shame... for me the same instinct I have for Lucy from MNF kicks in and I want to protect them the most...

Both are characters I just want to hold tight and give them the world...
IMHO both deserve so much and yet had so little in their lives...

Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic...
I am too, for the right people or characters. In real life, I'm a softee when it comes to these things, but throw the wrong person in front of me, I can't get in the steamroller quick enough to run them over. :ROFLMAO:

I love most of Luxee's girls (obviously from both of my sigs) but the rest, nope, nada, nein, nyet, いいえ!

Mar 24, 2022
Unfortunately, there are many people here who hate Nea. Of course, not everyone likes trans/futa content. But I think there would have been other solutions. The idea here is quite radical. Well, i don't care, i play the romance route.

But there are also players who generally want Nea out of the game. I hope they don't prevail in the end. I also ask myself why these people play a game in the first place where it was clear from day one that there would be a trans main girl? So, for my part, I am not to be found in any threat to games with content which I don´t like. Why should I? What I don't like, others like. And they should have fun too. But the fact that there are many players in this forum who regard the dev as a fulfillment slave of their wishes and apply constant pressure accordingly, instead of respecting the fact that they are guests of the devs fantasy, is an unsolved mystery of this forum up today.
I didn't realize until I started playing that their was, to be honest. I knew of a second Luxee game out when I picked it up, didn't check out the tags, which I do normally do.

Once I started playing though (after 0.05 was released) I was hooked, ONLY because of the girls in my A69 sig.

Evie is this game's Ada, and I wasn't going to pass that up
I don't usually like redheads, but Millie is so fucking cute
Seki and Yui - adorable Japanese girls, and I love Japanese women more than anything

I put up with Nea only because of the other four girls I mentioned. Now, I have a way to get rid of a character I hate without having to worry about her story progression which the other girls rely on.

To me, that's liberating, if I don't have to worry about events I don't want to do to get to the girls I really want to see the stories with. I ignore her all the time yes, but at least I don't have to do a few extra clicks just go to her event and skip it OR worry about an event with her that includes any of the other girls

She better stay gone

Reactions: ponk01

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
I didn't realize until I started playing that their was, to be honest. I knew of a second Luxee game out when I picked it up, didn't check out the tags, which I do normally do.

Once I started playing though (after 0.05 was released) I was hooked, ONLY because of the girls in my A69 sig.

Evie is this game's Ada, and I wasn't going to pass that up
I don't usually like redheads, but Millie is so fucking cute
Seki and Yui - adorable Japanese girls, and I love Japanese women more than anything

I put up with Nea only because of the other four girls I mentioned. Now, I have a way to get rid of a character I hate without having to worry about her story progression which the other girls rely on.

To me, that's liberating, if I don't have to worry about events I don't want to do to get to the girls I really want to see the stories with. I ignore her all the time yes, but at least I don't have to do a few extra clicks just go to her event and skip it OR worry about an event with her that includes any of the other girls

She better stay gone
That's perfectly fine. The tastes are different. I just don't like people who generally want to push a developer in another direction as planed by him/herself. A lot of games have already broken because of this or the developers have given up. So we have already lost a lot of good games.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
A shame... for me the same instinct I have for Lucy from MNF kicks in and I want to protect them the most...

Both are characters I just want to hold tight and give them the world...
IMHO both deserve so much and yet had so little in their lives...

Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic...
You're simply sensitive enough to be a good human being. Something that seems to be less and less common.

But there are also players who generally want Nea out of the game. I hope they don't prevail in the end.
I highly doubt it. It's pretty clear that Luxee really likes those characters, just from the care put into making them. I doubt we'll see the day the haters and transphobes win and push those out of Luxee's works.

I also ask myself why these people play a game in the first place where it was clear from day one that there would be a trans main girl?
I wonder the same thing. Maybe because some people feel so entitled that they consider they can, and deserve to, make any game modified to suit their tastes, instead of looking for another game.
The only thing I more or less know is that people who snap out at trans character are usually the most insecure about their own perception of themselves. Look a few decades back : the biggest homophobes often ended up coming out of the closet themselves. Not saying transphobes will end up transitionning, but they clearly feel personaly attacked in their sexuality and identity by trans people just existing...

But the fact that there are many players in this forum who regard the dev as a fulfillment slave of their wishes and apply constant pressure accordingly, instead of respecting the fact that they are guests of the devs fantasy, is an unsolved mystery of this forum up today.
The most baffling part is how many of them like to say devs have to obey players demands for modification "because we give them money on Patreon", while not paying themselves. And not understanding that supporting a started project isn't the same as being the one to order the game in the first place.

Either way, I doubt Luxee is going to remove Nea anytime soon. And personally, I won't get tired of pushing back against those who consider that content they personaly don't enjoy should be removed. They can go find another game, Luxee owes them nothing.

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
You're simply sensitive enough to be a good human being. Something that seems to be less and less common.

I highly doubt it. It's pretty clear that Luxee really likes those characters, just from the care put into making them. I doubt we'll see the day the haters and transphobes win and push those out of Luxee's works.

I wonder the same thing. Maybe because some people feel so entitled that they consider they can, and deserve to, make any game modified to suit their tastes, instead of looking for another game.
The only thing I more or less know is that people who snap out at trans character are usually the most insecure about their own perception of themselves. Look a few decades back : the biggest homophobes often ended up coming out of the closet themselves. Not saying transphobes will end up transitionning, but they clearly feel personaly attacked in their sexuality and identity by trans people just existing...

The most baffling part is how many of them like to say devs have to obey players demands for modification "because we give them money on Patreon", while not paying themselves. And not understanding that supporting a started project isn't the same as being the one to order the game in the first place.

Either way, I doubt Luxee is going to remove Nea anytime soon. And personally, I won't get tired of pushing back against those who consider that content they personaly don't enjoy should be removed. They can go find another game, Luxee owes them nothing.
We will see. I like Nea, but also many other LI. And it's a bit exotic to see a trans in a game that isn't generally designed entirely for trans. So, in this form, it's just a welcome change, where I'm really excited to see how the story develops.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
We will see. I like Nea, but also many other LI. And it's a bit exotic to see a trans in a game that isn't generally designed entirely for trans. So, in this form, it's just a welcome change, where I'm really excited to see how the story develops.
True. Also it's not often you get to see a trans character mid transition. It's often just a word to put a shemale or futa character (though futa and trans are totally different, but I've learned by now that trying to get people to understand the difference is basically pissing against the wind), or a mention on a character that is already fully transitionned. And since Nea has a whole lot more depth on her, psychologicaly, than pretty much any other trans character I've seen, it's just... fascinating. Especially since she's extremely well written.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
The others are great too but if I had to chose and the story goes full circle to the beginning where the older MC tells his new neighbour how he met his woman I still would want Nea to stand there before anybody else.

I'm definitely excited though how the story will go. Some characters need more events and there is still so much to tell.
I want more story and events to get to know the characters better.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
The others are great too but if I had to chose and the story goes full circle to the beginning where the older MC tells his new neighbour how he met his woman I still would want Nea to stand there before anybody else.

I'm definitely excited though how the story will go. Some characters need more events and there is still so much to tell.
I want more story and events to get to know the characters better.
You know, there is a chance for an harem ending as well. I mean, there is one in PL, so the chances of Luxee doing the same in A69 aren't 0.
Polyamorous relationships are a thing as well (and what a beautiful thing).

Reactions: Uthuriel

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
You know, there is a chance for an harem ending as well. I mean, there is one in PL, so the chances of Luxee doing the same in A69 aren't 0.
Polyamorous relationships are a thing as well (and what a beautiful thing).
I mean yes of course that would be what I want the most but I think we aren't anywhere near that yet storywise.

What I meant is if we don't get that option I would let all the others go and just go for Nea.

Reactions: Rutonat and Bev_

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
So you're saying he put that in, for what? to garner some sort of reaction of players to see how they took to it, and depending on what that reaction was, he'd either keep the suicide in or remove it?

I love Luxee and his games, but doing a suicide switcheroo in my eyes would fuck up his credibility? Why put it in at all to give players like me hate her hope that she's finally gone just to say "nope this was just a test of the emergency broadcast system" and it never happened?

Sorry, not buying it. If she comes back in 0.07 after that jump, I'm going to be pretty pissed off
No, he put it in AS a reaction. There are a few players within the total player base that are...very outspoken about their pure hatred for Nea specifically based on who Nea is. Reactionary additions are made in reaction to an outside factor, such as a select group throwing hate for no valid reaason, due to an emotional response within the developer. This is why they are a bad idea.

It DID fuck up his credibility, he said there would be a friendship route and all we got was a death route and no indication that friendship was ever going to be an option. This leads to the thought that he lied, which until there is evidence that this was merely a third route and not something to replace the friendship route out of reaction for the Nea haters, is the thought that will linger in the minds of anyone who knows the full story.

I'll be happy if she comes back, it means more Nea content, hopefully taking the choice made into account and not forcing sexual content with a suicidal person.

The results of the jump wasn't shown if I remember correctly. So, it's possible that it results trip to hospital instead of graveyard.
I understand you, and I think if Luxee made her jump, it's a definite thing. You don't see what happens, it's true, but it's quite clear from the comments that what has happened is something irremediable (her jumping from the roof is deduced from what happens on the other route). Also, as I recall, the MC arrives at the scene after it has happened (and nothing is said about a suicide note). Actually, as far as you know, something terrible and definitive happens to Nea on this route and the MC only arrives at the place in time to see the consequences of it.

From how he describes it and what happens in what should be Nea's next scenes, I think the consequences are definitive.
VERY definitive, as in there can be no doubt Nea died in the fall.

BurnerGuy

Aug 27, 2018
This is a cursed thread if I ever saw one.

It's up to the dev to put whatever kinks they want into a game, and it's also up to them to decide where the paths you choose lead. In this case, Luxee put avoidable trans content and avoiding her leads to the character killing herself. I'm not into trans content, but it's clearly in the tags so it wasn't a surprise, and I checked that it was avoidable before I downloaded. If it was a real person, I'd be sad she died, but she's pixels in a game that would come back to "life" if I started over and chose her romance path. It doesn't matter in the slightest.

The only thing that makes it matter is childish assholes using it as an opportunity to shit on people in the real world who are trans or suicidal. But the sort of people who do that are useless and stupid enough that you can safely hit the ignore button and never miss out on any worthwhile discussion.

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
It DID fuck up his credibility, he said there would be a friendship route and all we got was a death route and no indication that friendship was ever going to be an option. This leads to the thought that he lied, which until there is evidence that this was merely a third route and not something to replace the friendship route out of reaction for the Nea haters, is the thought that will linger in the minds of anyone who knows the full story.
As I went back and looked at the answers to the last question, I'm wondering more and more if what everyone thinks is choosing the friendship route was supposed to be the "get rid of Nea route" and what everyone thought was the romance route was the "I want to be friends still and defer the question of love until the future". But the answers are worded very strangely, and this question comes after the MC walking in on Nea masturbating, and then asking themselves how they feel about Nea. I kind of suspect Luxee's plan if we chose the option people were assuming was romance, we'd be treated to more naughty but awkward encounters with Nea. Maybe the MC wakes up to a blowjob from Nea, and that prompts another question of whether you like her or not. Then at some point later the MC is going "well, Nea and I have married for ten years, we've adopted all of the kids I had with my harem. But how do I *really* feel about her?" Then if you choose the right answer, you're officially in a romance with Nea. Yes, slight exaggeration there, but I'm getting the impression Luxee meant to drag this romance versus friendship out even longer, except with erotic encounters mixed in so that in Luxee's mind the player would be unable to resist Nea.

If this is the case, then as I said, the choices are worded horribly, and their outcomes in either case are weird given the preceding events. If there's ever a point in the game to choose between love or friendship with Nea, it was- well, it was actually probably before you caught her masturbating. But failing that, this was a good spot too. I think Luxee is operating with the idea that people will always choose romance with Nea, and has trouble wrapping their heads around the idea that people don't, but would still want to be friends, or that they wouldn't want to see Nea doing lewd things on a friendship route. Trust me... I don't want to see like 99% of my friends doing anything lewd. It's not a transgirl thing. But everything with the Nea story unless you outright reject her at the beginning is largely acting as if the player already chose to romance Nea, and that this is just a love story that needs to play out as the sexual tension builds.

Reactions: AdamJohn36

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I still see some posts on this, so:

The game is not abandoned.

The Dev didn't explicitly post at their patron sites that it was on hold + no status for over three months: that meets our criteria for the Abandoned tag. Yes, it was implied that he was switching gears to PL and putting A69 on pause, but that was not said in clear language. So, a technicality.

In fact, the game has been on pause and the Dev recently posted that their poll for the v0.7 bonus scene will be up in a week.
Nice to see a mod pass through here. Sadly you can bet your ass someone will complain about the game being definitely abandonned in the next few posts anyway... Thanks for trying though.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
This is a cursed thread if I ever saw one.

It's up to the dev to put whatever kinks they want into a game, and it's also up to them to decide where the paths you choose lead. In this case, Luxee put avoidable trans content and avoiding her leads to the character killing herself. I'm not into trans content, but it's clearly in the tags so it wasn't a surprise, and I checked that it was avoidable before I downloaded. If it was a real person, I'd be sad she died, but she's pixels in a game that would come back to "life" if I started over and chose her romance path. It doesn't matter in the slightest.

The only thing that makes it matter is childish assholes using it as an opportunity to shit on people in the real world who are trans or suicidal. But the sort of people who do that are useless and stupid enough that you can safely hit the ignore button and never miss out on any worthwhile discussion.
Unless they specifically say they are going to add something, which Luxee did. Then they have to add that or come out and say they will not be adding it, neither of which happened in this case. Suicide and friendship routes are not the same thing, friendship routes require the character to be alive, you can't start a friendship with a dead body.

As I went back and looked at the answers to the last question, I'm wondering more and more if what everyone thinks is choosing the friendship route was supposed to be the "get rid of Nea route" and what everyone thought was the romance route was the "I want to be friends still and defer the question of love until the future". But the answers are worded very strangely, and this question comes after the MC walking in on Nea masturbating, and then asking themselves how they feel about Nea. I kind of suspect Luxee's plan if we chose the option people were assuming was romance, we'd be treated to more naughty but awkward encounters with Nea. Maybe the MC wakes up to a blowjob from Nea, and that prompts another question of whether you like her or not. Then at some point later the MC is going "well, Nea and I have married for ten years, we've adopted all of the kids I had with my harem. But how do I *really* feel about her?" Then if you choose the right answer, you're officially in a romance with Nea. Yes, slight exaggeration there, but I'm getting the impression Luxee meant to drag this romance versus friendship out even longer, except with erotic encounters mixed in so that in Luxee's mind the player would be unable to resist Nea.

If this is the case, then as I said, the choices are worded horribly, and their outcomes in either case are weird given the preceding events. If there's ever a point in the game to choose between love or friendship with Nea, it was- well, it was actually probably before you caught her masturbating. But failing that, this was a good spot too. I think Luxee is operating with the idea that people will always choose romance with Nea, and has trouble wrapping their heads around the idea that people don't, but would still want to be friends, or that they wouldn't want to see Nea doing lewd things on a friendship route. Trust me... I don't want to see like 99% of my friends doing anything lewd. It's not a transgirl thing. But everything with the Nea story unless you outright reject her at the beginning is largely acting as if the player already chose to romance Nea, and that this is just a love story that needs to play out as the sexual tension builds.
The routes are clearly laid out as romance and friendship and only when Nea actually jumps do we, the player, ever actually realize the latter was a death route all along. Any further 'awkward' moments would have been clear signs of a romance path being taken as the friendship route was supposed to be more of the 'keep Nea, but don't do anything sexual' kind of route based on what was mentioned.

Here's the thing about player resistance, what we don't like, we won't choose to engage in at any point no matter how long it gets dragged out. There was zero chance that dragging this out would win those of us that don't want Nea dead and just don't want to see Nea sex content over.

That said, should dragging it out prove to cure Nea's suicidal tendencies in the future, then there are those of us, like myself, who simply don't want romance with a suicidal person that CAN be won over by curing the suicidal part. I don't get the feeling that Luxee doesn't realize some people won't choose to romance Nea, I get the feeling that, despite what he said about adding a friendship route, he is forcing us to romance Nea out reaction toward the haters. As I said to Mark, reactionary additions based on an emotional response to the player base are a bad idea.

Reactions: Corambis

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I still see some posts on this, so:

The game is not abandoned

The Dev didn't explicitly post at their patron sites that it was on hold + no status for over three months: that meets our criteria for the Abandoned tag. Yes, it was implied that he was switching gears to PL and putting A69 on pause, but that was not said in clear language. So, a technicality.

In fact, the game has been on pause and the Dev recently posted that their poll for the v0.7 bonus scene will be up in a week.
I mean I don't want to be this guy and you are right of course BUT you are on Luxees discord...
So you know it's just on-hold. IF someone like you who is mod knows the game is on-hold does that still not count for the removal of the ABANDONED tag? Just asking?

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
kazerwolf

My post is for people too lazy to read the comments where it has been stated multiple times already that the game isn't abandoned that it's onhold and instead come in and post oh noes it's abandoned. But even if every post was the same people would still do it anyway. Whenever I see the abandoned or onhold tag the first thing I do is check the threads last pages for info to see if it is actually abandoned and find out why it's abandoned or onhold and I don't post till I know it's actually dead.

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
kazerwolf

My post is for people too lazy to read the comments where it has been stated multiple times already that the game isn't abandoned that it's onhold and instead come in and post oh noes it's abandoned. But even if every post was the same people would still do it anyway. Whenever I see the abandoned or onhold tag the first thing I do is check the threads last pages for info to see if it is actually abandoned and find out why it's abandoned or onhold and I don't post till I know it's actually dead.
I admire the perseverance of people like you to fight against the reading laziness of this forum. I haven't done that for a long time. :cool:

Reactions: alex2011
Mar 24, 2022
Yes, that would be nice and I look forward to it, but I feel there's so little content of those characters that it's mostly a small side part of this game. Maybe to lure us in? Most of the content has a totally different focus and I don't see the game changing at all.
I want the time with Seki and Yui the most right now. I hate to say it, but I think we've had enough Evie. We need Millie (and Evie) at the movies, and we need the meeting with Yui at Seki's place, or somewhere neutral.

That's what I want the most right now

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes