Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Guess you can't please everyone all the time. I loved the mother's involvement. There's something about a mother striving to get/keep her family together in this way. I hope we get more of the same ;)
Yeah I like the mom a lot.

man im sure you are smart enough to understand what he was saying, so why are you starting this? do you rly expect to acomplish something with this? this wasnt even the point of his post.
This is only thing I will say about this. He will only start anything if people respond. I already ignored him just do the same and move on.

Last edited:

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
Nothing wrong with that I suppose. For me, that whole dynamic had two major faults that are basically a pet peeve of mine..

I don't really like games where the protagonist gets manipulated. Likely something I should talk to a therapist about or something lol. Either way, the mother manipulating the protagonist and his sisters just rubbed me the wrong way.

Secondly, I dislike games where relationships are manipulated by other people. If I remember correctly, both sisters already had feelings for the protagonist. The relationships between them would have already grew without her involvement. Because she got involved, it cheapens their relationships and makes it feel less important. It's like their own feelings, judgements and autonomy are removed for the sake of the mother having her.

Honestly, the whole thing just feels like the dev wanted to rush for sex scenes as fast as possible and used the mother as a crutch to force that to happen.

If the protagonist was in on the manipulation, likely after a relationship had formed with the mom, that would have been fine. Or, if a relationship had already started with mom, while the sisters were stalling, that would have been fine too.
To me, the mother's involvement just seems unnecessary and weakens the story with the sisters. I hate when you're trying to seduce one girl, and things seem to be progressing, but then suddenly another love interest interjects to move things along. Now that I think about it, Parental Love did this, where the MC's sister involved herself with helping the MC have sex with his daughters when they were already obviously interested in him romantically. There's been other games that have done this as well, so it's just not a Luxee thing. But the experience left me annoyed at the sister for most of the game.

I'll give points to Luxee for doing something different with the mother. Except I'll take points away because he deviated from the type of stuff that most people like, and moved it into territory where it just hurts the stories with the sisters. And I just can't get interested in the mother at all because of all of this. I don't really get the idea she's even a real interest, but rather just there as a (unnecessary) plot device. I'd much prefer she function as an initially reluctant love interest and thorn in the side of the MC as he tries to seduce his sisters. Having her approval from the beginning just gives the feeling you're on easy mode now and bypasses what could be a lot of interesting tension and story in the game. But this game seems to be all about skipping over development for most of the love interests.

I'll also agree with your earlier assessment that anything non-Nea is a 3/5, although that might be generous. I either haven't played through the Nea stuff or fast-forwarded through it, but I don't dispute it's a 5/5 based on it clearly being Luxee's passion to tell her story. But he should be aiming for 5/5 for everything here, or if he can't hit that, at least aim for 4/5 for everyone instead of this jarring drop in content and quality for anyone other than Nea. That's how we end up with Nea fans seeing one game focused on romancing a trans girl that is perfect for them, and others seeing a mediocre harem/incest/loli game.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
To me, the mother's involvement just seems unnecessary and weakens the story with the sisters. I hate when you're trying to seduce one girl, and things seem to be progressing, but then suddenly another love interest interjects to move things along. Now that I think about it, Parental Love did this, where the MC's sister involved herself with helping the MC have sex with his daughters when they were already obviously interested in him romantically. There's been other games that have done this as well, so it's just not a Luxee thing. But the experience left me annoyed at the sister for most of the game.

I'll give points to Luxee for doing something different with the mother. Except I'll take points away because he deviated from the type of stuff that most people like, and moved it into territory where it just hurts the stories with the sisters. And I just can't get interested in the mother at all because of all of this. I don't really get the idea she's even a real interest, but rather just there as a (unnecessary) plot device. I'd much prefer she function as an initially reluctant love interest and thorn in the side of the MC as he tries to seduce his sisters. Having her approval from the beginning just gives the feeling you're on easy mode now and bypasses what could be a lot of interesting tension and story in the game. But this game seems to be all about skipping over development for most of the love interests.

I'll also agree with your earlier assessment that anything non-Nea is a 3/5, although that might be generous. I either haven't played through the Nea stuff or fast-forwarded through it, but I don't dispute it's a 5/5 based on it clearly being Luxee's passion to tell her story. But he should be aiming for 5/5 for everything here, or if he can't hit that, at least aim for 4/5 for everyone instead of this jarring drop in content and quality for anyone other than Nea. That's how we end up with Nea fans seeing one game focused on romancing a trans girl that is perfect for them, and others seeing a mediocre harem/incest/loli game.
I absolutely despise Parental Love. It caused me to hate several troupes and concepts found in other adult games because of that exact scene. I also hate games when relationships start before the game begins, especially incest. I also disliked slutty characters for a while, but I outgrew this one for the most part I think.

Back on topic though. I don't remember too much about the game outside of Nea. I only remember that I hated the family content and why. That said, I don't believe I hated the mom, just the story she caused. If this game rebooted or a copycat gets made, I would still want her as a LI. However, the manipulation absolutely needs to die. At the very least, she takes the role of the older sister from My New Family where AFTER the relationship starts, she plays the wingman to help escalate relationships that have already progressed to a specific point.

As for Nea, I've always claimed that characters are the most important part of AVNs. A great character is enough to make someone love even the worst game. I entirely believe that Nea is that type of character. I understand why she would be polarizing for many, but when you create a character that's so loved by a portion of your audience, I think that's a character you should prioritize over others.

That's not to say that you should ignore other characters, that I agree with. I only played this game because it was a harem. While I walked out a newfound fan of trans content, not everyone will. That said, I'm not sure how much Nea actually influenced the quality of the game. I could be completely wrong, but I think Nea was a later addition to the game. Meaning, that a lot of the crap you and I despise about the family dynamic was already in place before Nea was. Take this with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Corambis

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
That's not to say that you should ignore other characters, that I agree with. I only played this game because it was a harem. While I walked out a newfound fan of trans content, not everyone will. That said, I'm not sure how much Nea actually influenced the quality of the game. I could be completely wrong, but I think Nea was a later addition to the game. Meaning, that a lot of the crap you and I despise about the family dynamic was already in place before Nea was. Take this with a grain of salt.
As someone who supported Luxee on Patreon through almost all of PL and the first update or two of A69, I can assure you that Nea was always meant to be a major focus in A69. But I don't think people were expecting her to be so central to the game, as she was supposed to be completely optional. To me, it's everyone other than Nea that is the afterthought. They're there to camouflage this as something other than a short trans VN love story, and an attempt to make a game with broader appeal than just Nea's story alone would have. The other love interests don't have any real depth to them, being tropes and stereotypes with little substance. Granted, we had that in PL too, as you point out. But it's worse in A69 for anyone other than Nea, and the attention lavished on Nea makes the shortcomings of the other love interests more apparent. It also shows us what Luxee could do with a story if he actually tried. So again, we're left with the duality of some people seeing a great game because they play for Nea, and others seeing a mediocre game because they're here for everything else.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
what happened to this game? is it rly abandoned? the developer is working on something else?
if anyone knows about those things tell me pls :cry:
It's not dead but progress is glacial...

View attachment 3510798
We can thank the amount of harassment because of a certain character, for that...

But I'm holding out hope that Luxee will, at some point, just stop paying any attention to the haters. What they have is way too good, and they have way too much talent, to just drop everything because of some monocellular organisms who can't stand diversity.

tyrannicpuppy

Nov 9, 2021
We can thank the amount of harassment because of a certain character, for that...

But I'm holding out hope that Luxee will, at some point, just stop paying any attention to the haters. What they have is way too good, and they have way too much talent, to just drop everything because of some monocellular organisms who can't stand diversity.
Ditto. I'm not gonna hold my breath and wait. But I'll happily patiently hope for more content from Luxee. This game is fun. I like pretty much all the LIs and even the one or two I don't have grown on me throughout. Hopefully, they don't let arseholes ruin things.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017

You know, I'm in support of the content everyone hates and would love for it to come back. But, to claim those complaining just "can't handle diversity", you could make an identical statement to the dev who "can't handle criticism".

If the reason they quit is because they truly couldn't handle critics, than I don't really care anymore. While I'd love to see the characters story continue, I'm not sure I'd want to see the dev as a person continue.

Spider-Venom

Mar 26, 2023
You know, I'm in support of the content everyone hates and would love for it to come back. But, to claim those complaining just "can't handle diversity", you could make an identical statement to the dev who "can't handle criticism".

If the reason they quit is because they truly couldn't handle critics, than I don't really care anymore. While I'd love to see the characters story continue, I'm not sure I'd want to see the dev as a person continue.
criticism is one thing. they just wanted to start shit.

Reactions: tyrannicpuppy

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
criticism is one thing. they just wanted to start shit.
And how does one differentiate from the two? I remember playing a game where the game was explaining detail and a peeping scene was made up of several paragraphs that filled up the entire page. I really disliked it, and grew bored quickly. So, if I told the dev his game was boring, is that criticism or not?

For most people, it's just criticism. However, if someone actually liked the game, and liked the wordiness of it, than it's just me being an asshole is it not? If someone hates pregnancy content, and complains about how much pregnancy content exists within a particular game, is that not being an asshole for someone who loves pregnancy content?

The problem is that the moment we start assuming any part of criticism is trolling, than we may as well assume all criticism is trolling.

Spider-Venom

Mar 26, 2023
And how does one differentiate from the two? I remember playing a game where the game was explaining detail and a peeping scene was made up of several paragraphs that filled up the entire page. I really disliked it, and grew bored quickly. So, if I told the dev his game was boring, is that criticism or not?

For most people, it's just criticism. However, if someone actually liked the game, and liked the wordiness of it, than it's just me being an asshole is it not? If someone hates pregnancy content, and complains about how much pregnancy content exists within a particular game, is that not being an asshole for someone who loves pregnancy content?

The problem is that the moment we start assuming any part of criticism is trolling, than we may as well assume all criticism is trolling.
that's an example of criticism. however, if you're just gonna stay here, bashing the same shit every fucking release -- that's just being toxic and you ain't doing shit other than making it hell for everyone else. this game has a trans girl who was always the focal point of this game and has always been. to continue bashing it because of your own insecurity after every fucking update and just making the thread toxic and taking advantage of such an accommodating dev is just someone who wants to bring in drama. that is the differnce.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
that's an example of criticism. however, if you're just gonna stay here, bashing the same shit every fucking release -- that's just being toxic and you ain't doing shit other than making it hell for everyone else. this game has a trans girl who was always the focal point of this game and has always been. to continue bashing it because of your own insecurity after every fucking update and just making the thread toxic and taking advantage of such an accommodating dev is just someone who wants to bring in drama. that is the differnce.
Now I'm even more convinced both you and the dev are full of shit. Nothing about this game tells me the Trans character is the focus. The family are the first characters introduced, and the game is designed in such a way that it incentives you to interact with the family first. If all that wasn't enough to make you think they'll be the focus, the mother is literally the first thing people will see once they click on this game.

However, I do agree that she is the focus. She was the best character by far. She's the only character I actually finished and is likely the main reason why most of us actually like this game. That easily makes us, who like the character, extremely biased in that regard. Plus, the family may be the focus of the GAME, but she is the focus of the DEV. They are two different things here.

As such, the game is misleading to players. Not everyone is attracted to trans, and that's perfectly acceptable. I know you'll say something along the lines of "if you don't like it, don't play it" or "look at the tags", but that's a terrible take. Just because I don't like feet content, doesn't mean I'm going to skip the footjob tag. It doesn't make sense for me to do so since very few games are hyper focused on feet. The same for lesbian, femdom, rape, and of course futa/trans.

The truth of the matter is that all content besides the trans character either sucked, or was average at best. However, because the trans character was so great, it makes those of us who like that content see the game more fondly than it deserved. If the game was a simple game dedicated to the trans character, it would likely be my favorite game, but it isn't.

So, you show everyone the focus is on incest... Than you focus on the trans character? Of course people will annoyed! To say otherwise is complete bullshit. Either you are blind by your bias, or you're just full of shit. Based on everything you've said, and I've seen, it seems like the entire problem was because the dev was misleading everyone. Why would I want someone like that to come back?

Last edited:

Spider-Venom

Mar 26, 2023
Now I'm even more convinced both you and the dev are full of shit. Nothing about this game tells me the Trans character is the focus. The family are the first characters introduced, and the game is designed in such a way that it incentives you to interact with the family first. If all that wasn't enough to make you think they'll be the focus, the mother is literally the first thing people will see once they click on this game.

However, I do agree that she is the focus. She was the best character by far. She's the only character I actually finished and is likely the main reason why most of us actually like this game. That easily makes us, who like the character, extremely biased in that regard. Plus, the family may be the focus of the GAME, but she is the focus of the DEV. They are two different things here.

As such, the game is misleading to players. Not everyone is attracted to trans, and that's perfectly acceptable. I know you'll say something along the lines of "if you don't like it, don't play it" or "look at the tags", but that's a terrible take. Just because I don't like feet content, doesn't mean I'm going to skip the footjob tag. It doesn't make sense for me to do so since very few games are hyper focused on feet. The same for lesbian, femdom, rape, and of course futa/trans.

The truth of the matter is that all content besides the trans character either sucked, or was average at best. However, because the trans character was so great, it makes those of us who like that content see the game more fondly than it deserved. If the game was a simple game dedicated to the trans character, it would likely be my favorite game, but it isn't.

So, you show everyone the focus is on incest... Than you focus on the trans character? Of course people will annoyed! To say otherwise is complete bullshit. Either you are blind by your bias, or you're just full of shit. Based on everything you've said, and I've seen, it seems like the entire problem was because the dev was misleading everyone. Why would I want someone like that to come back?
It was pretty clear to me that she was the main focus very early on with how much she was being promoted.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
It was pretty clear to me that she was the main focus very early on with how much she was being promoted.
Anyone who actually played the game would realize she was the developers focus. However that IS the problem. Any new player would simply assume the family was the most important. They dominate OP. Nea is in two pics in the preview, but neither image indicates that she's trans. Furthermore, one of the two pics has her in the background amongst another character that I don't remember.

Even if you don't want to count the promotional material that the majority of players will see, you meet the family by default by just loading the game. You don't meet Nea until you mess around with the sandbox elements. You know what other characters are introduced through the sandbox elements? The side characters that no one really cares about.

Anyway. I do ultimately want the dev to return. He can completely trash this abomination if he wants to. Just trash the whole game and remake it with Nea as the only character. If he did that, the game wouldn't be nearly as popular, but the hate wouldn't be nearly as brutal and I'd be happy (as long as the quality remains). Then he can crawl back into his hole and cry about the mess they made for themselves.

Though I adore Nea, I would like to see more content with other characters.
And I agree with this. If the dev had spent even a fraction of the "focus" they used on other characters, I would put my money on less overall hate. I don't want less Nea tho.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zanax

Kaladore

May 15, 2020
Good criticism aims to improve the game. It tries to take an positive look on how bad thing are presented and explains why it is perceived as bad. When you offer real critical comment you build a case as to why you believe something is not up to snuff.
Trolling claims x is bad. It offers no added value or even context. Also always reiterating why you think something is bad turns criticism into trolling.

I'd say you making the case that the family is the focus of the game and Nea is the focus of the dev falls under criticism. Comments which like bah remove the trans character, trans games suck, comments which have been abundant are trolling.

This is just my opinion of course

Spider-Venom

Mar 26, 2023
Even if you don't want to count the promotional material that the majority of players will see, you meet the family by default by just loading the game. You don't meet Nea until you mess around with the sandbox elements. You know what other characters are introduced through the sandbox elements? The side characters that no one really cares about.
does that really matter who he meets first? would it make sense skip the family that you're leaving until later?

Reactions: tyrannicpuppy

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
does that really matter who he meets first?....
Absolutely it does. Most games introduce important characters first, oftentimes it's the most important character. They do this simply because the first character you meet tends to leave the biggest impact on the player. Some games may deviate from the norm, but even in those cases the important characters are introduced shortly afterwards. Even in those cases, the introduction of the important character almost always outshines the less important character you met first.

Take a look at Grandma's House. In the intro, we meet a generic punk who we fuck in an airplane bathroom. This was a throwaway character used just to add an easy sex scene. The developer has basically said as much multiple times over the years. Despite this, people continue to ask, and even beg, for her return.

Yet, why is this? She was pretty generic. There wasn't anything unique, or interesting about her. She didn't have a fetish, she wasn't funny, she was just a random punk with the same design we've seen in 20 other games. The reason why people still want her to this day is because the game didn't treat her like a throwaway character. It left the relationship ambiguous with the potential that she could return someday. She left a big impression on the player base despite not being interesting specifically because she was the first character introduced.

You could argue that it's because her relationship was left open ended. However, there are multiple characters with ambiguous endings in that game. Some people do want some of those characters back as well, but many of those characters are objectively many times more interesting than the first character. Most of them had unique character traits, physical traits, or fetishes. However, the first character had nothing except the fact she was a generic punk and the first character.

.... would it make sense skip the family that you're leaving until later?
Honestly, I don't really understand how this is a question. You either lack imagination (unlikely), or you are already influenced that the family is supposed to be the focus. It would make perfect sense for the family not to appear first, in fact, there are countless possible scenarios the dev could have created as alternatives. Here's a random one:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Spider-Venom

Mar 26, 2023
Absolutely it does. Most games introduce important characters first, oftentimes it's the most important character. They do this simply because the first character you meet tends to leave the biggest impact on the player. Some games may deviate from the norm, but even in those cases the important characters are introduced shortly afterwards. Even in those cases, the introduction of the important character almost always outshines the less important character you met first.

Take a look at Grandma's House. In the intro, we meet a generic punk who we fuck in an airplane bathroom. This was a throwaway character used just to add an easy sex scene. The developer has basically said as much multiple times over the years. Despite this, people continue to ask, and even beg, for her return.
that's because he was on his way to his grandmother's house. in this story, we're moving away from home.
Honestly, I don't really understand how this is a question. You either lack imagination (unlikely), or you are already influenced that the family is supposed to be the focus. It would make perfect sense for the family not to appear first, in fact, there are countless possible scenarios the dev could have created as alternatives. Here's a random one:
it sounds like you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes