alextp2651

Dec 9, 2017
I think that the moderators of F95zone can mark this thread as abandoned one year without any update i think that this game is dead

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think that the moderators of F95zone can mark this thread as abandoned one year without any update i think that this game is dead
It's marked on hold. Mods can't change it now until the dev says he's no longer going to work on it.

On hold is dev requested tag.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
excuse me but one year without any news i think that smeel bad for this game
It's on hold, of course it has no updates, if it had updates it wouldn't be on hold that's the purpose of the tag.

It can be on hold forever as long as the dev is saying he'll work on it again one day. If he decides he no longer wants to work on it, it will be abandoned.

That's how tags work.

Reactions: sdibolcrif

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Well its dead.

Hello everyone.

It is with more than a touch of sorrow I'm writing this, the announcement of the indefinite suspension of Apartment 96. TDF has moved on to other projects and both myself and YBW are in situations that make collaborating together pretty much impossible. We are sorry for the outcome of the situation.

YBW has expressed interest in remaking Apartment 96 using the same assets and I have given him unfettered access to the logs, information, and guides I put together if he decides to use them. I do not know what form it would take.

I will be shutting down the Patreon and SubscribeStar pages before the end of the month so there are no accidental billings due to my frequent absences from home. If there are images/etc. you want from the site, make sure to get them downloaded and saved soon. I'm heading back out this weekend for at least another five days, so you'll have some time.

The Discord will remain up a while longer in case anyone wants to congregate and get in contact with YBW if they wish to contribute to a reboot.

Have a good night. I wish you well.

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
Shame. I liked what I got from this one.

Anybody know who TDF is, and what the other projects the post is referring to?

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Well its dead.

Hello everyone.

It is with more than a touch of sorrow I'm writing this, the announcement of the indefinite suspension of Apartment 96. TDF has moved on to other projects and both myself and YBW are in situations that make collaborating together pretty much impossible. We are sorry for the outcome of the situation.

YBW has expressed interest in remaking Apartment 96 using the same assets and I have given him unfettered access to the logs, information, and guides I put together if he decides to use them. I do not know what form it would take.

I will be shutting down the Patreon and SubscribeStar pages before the end of the month so there are no accidental billings due to my frequent absences from home. If there are images/etc. you want from the site, make sure to get them downloaded and saved soon. I'm heading back out this weekend for at least another five days, so you'll have some time.

The Discord will remain up a while longer in case anyone wants to congregate and get in contact with YBW if they wish to contribute to a reboot.

Noooooooo...........

cry-sad.gif

alextp2651

Dec 9, 2017
Well its dead.

Hello everyone.

i was right this game is definitely dead

Jeevant

Failed to make an unlimited money mod for my life
Modder
Compressor
May 1, 2020
Marked Abandoned.

Reactions: Havik79

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
That is too bad. Apartment 96 was quite an interesting diversion from the usual around here, and I found it quite spicy despite the slowness of the scenes, or perhaps because of it. I also quite liked it's unique graphical style.

It seems like >50% of the games I really like around here become abandoned after around 2 years of development. Some I've donated to. It is easy to say that some games just don't get enough donations, but half of the games that get abandoned are making thousands a month, so I don't think it is entirely due to the funding.

It is probably 2 things. Some devs start it as a labor of love, but get discouraged after lack of support for all their hard work, and just drop it, since it isn't worth it to them financially to push themselves to continue. Plus, these are often team efforts, so a hundred or so a month doesn't really encourage every team member to stick with it, and they drift away to other things. This is, I am sure, the case with Apartment 96, and lots of the small time, but quite good games that get abandoned these days.

Other devs are purely in this for the money, and have no loyalty to their many fans, or become that way once the cash starts rolling in, and they realize that financially, the best option is to drag it out as long as possible, pretending to work on it, and they can get paid for 5 minutes a month creating a Patreon post about how they are hard at work, but their computer died, lost their job, etc, etc. Of these devs, those that are especially conscientious might even release a 5 minute update every 12 months or so. This is the cliff of false development for these games. Milfy City is the penultimate example, but many more are joining this group in spirit, like Ecchi Sensei, WVM, and (haha suckers) Radiant.

It seems that devs that release regular updates ever 1-3 months, complete their games in a reasonable time frame, and then move on and make another game, are becoming rarer and rarer around here.

3.50 star(s) 27 Votes