Ren'Py Apocalust [psychodelusional] Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2016
How dare you bla bla bla, none of you are patrons bla bla, you people are the reason he is not releasing anything bla bla bla developers that have patreons owe nobody absolutely nothing bla bla bla especially their patrons bla bla bla. He is continually keeping us updated bla bla bla and he will release it in 2-3 weeks bla (in the coming 6 months or so) bla bla.

Honestly though, the dev seems decent and cool but one could say his communication skills seem to be lacking at the moment. Who knows what he is going through and whatnot, however he should have not said release was imminient in 2-3 weeks in December, in January, In February and (maybe) March? Honestly I think he would benefit from it and keep shitposts like mine away. No need to ardently defend him, one can still appreciate or respect him but this is not good strategy for anyone, this is not good PR for anyone.

daloo semoose

Feb 19, 2020
So many people in this thread, so many pages and so much effort put into complaining about a game that's not even released yet. You know, if all of you put even half of your effort together into making a game, you could probably come up with something even better, a super team! I can imagine the story being told for hundreds... no... thousands of pages in the Games section for years to come; "Remember when these guys were just a bunch of babies crying in that Psycho-what's-his'name thread? Now look at them, best developers ever!" I'm sure you will find it very easy as you're all highly motivated people of course, the effort focused on complaining in this thread is proof of that. Go on, make a game and make yourselves happy, make everyone happy, why wait on others for your happiness? Or is it more fun to cry for 27 pages and counting? I dunno...

Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017
some are sad, some are mad, some are hype, some have never ending hope

We can see we all excited to see the game going in out. The potentiel is so dman high and one of the reason why im so hype and sad :p

Reactions: Chin1983 and DaDUde

kallu6009

Aug 30, 2017
So many people in this thread, so many pages and so much effort put into complaining about a game that's not even released yet. You know, if all of you put even half of your effort together into making a game, you could probably come up with something even better, a super team! I can imagine the story being told for hundreds... no... thousands of pages in the Games section for years to come; "Remember when these guys were just a bunch of babies crying in that Psycho-what's-his'name thread? Now look at them, best developers ever!" I'm sure you will find it very easy as you're all highly motivated people of course, the effort focused on complaining in this thread is proof of that. Go on, make a game and make yourselves happy, make everyone happy, why wait on others for your happiness? Or is it more fun to cry for 27 pages and counting? I dunno...
Were not complaining about the game, its gonna be lit. We are however complaining about the fact the dev has been promising to deliver the game ''in a few weeks'' for months and then went AWOL. Thats just bad business

daloo semoose

Feb 19, 2020
Were not complaining about the game, its gonna be lit. We are however complaining about the fact the dev has been promising to deliver the game ''in a few weeks'' for months and then went AWOL. Thats just bad business
I know. That was implied in my post, I didn't realise I would have to spell it out for people to not miss the point lol.

• Angry
Reactions: amBest

HunterWithEH

Feb 20, 2018
Finally;)
apocalust post.png
Apr 30 at 9:17pm

Unlocked
Apocalust Teaser Trailer + News
Hello Patrons!

There is a teaser trailer here as well as some game news below:

(web version compressed, make sure you click hd and enable volume)

(This is different than the story trailer mind you, which I'm still most likely going to make while people are testing. Mainly using this to showcase the animation and give you something exciting for now.)

If you aren't the type to like reading apologies or mushy stuff like that maybe skip these next three paragraphs haha.

First of all, sorry for not posting in so long. Honestly I just wanted to avoid posting anything except the 0.1 release because I didn't want to disappoint you guys (again) and I did this twice in a row so once I hit the 1 month mark (since I wanted to get the game out in march) I kept avoiding it hoping I can finish and make everyone happy but since it's the end of month and we aren't testing yet, I'm obviously not done.

I am relatively close but I'm not going to give a date out or even discuss it in fear of messing this up a third time, so I'm not going to give a definitive date (now or in the future) until I get people testing.

I don't mean to leave everyone with their dicks their hands but to give you some insight into why I am taking 50 billion years:

With my last game I made, when I was initially working on it I really rushed my 0.1 and I wasn't happy with the base of what I made or the models/characters/environments so I wound up working from a foundation of something I'm not very proud of. So yeah, I probably developed a bit of a complex.

With this game, any opportunity to add to the quality or make something better/more unique I more or less took, regardless how long it takes me. I plan on working on this game for at least the next 1.5-2 years so I want to make sure it's something I am happy with and something unique and worth playing.

Anyhow, I hope you like my little teaser I put together, it's small clips of i think about 9 out of close to 100 animations now.

I wanted to surprise people with some of the features of the game on release but since people have been asking, my next post will probably be something gameplay related although you'll still see some stuff I haven't told you about once you play it. It's not a super complex game but definitely a massive step up from my previous.

Thanks a million for the support this last bit! And thanks for some of the kind pms people have been sending me. Stay safe you guys and I will talk to you soon.

Oh and PS to the Ultra Gamer tier: I know I'm a bit behind on some of the special renders so once 0.1 is out I will setup a poll for a larger image set than we normally do (maybe 5-6 instead of just the 3.)

Vengel

Oct 21, 2019
milk milk milk Milk Milk milk ... good milk ... goooood ... better milk ... the best milk ... milk everywhere ... mmmm ... milk for at least 2 years for 100+ animation of mediocre sculpted characters turning around or moving hands like "smile and wave booooyyysss" :) hahahaha ... 2 YEARS !!! HOOoooOOOOLY CRAP ... the stupidity of all patreons is (and I hate this word) AMAZING !!! :)

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
milk milk milk Milk Milk milk ... good milk ... goooood ... better milk ... the best milk ... milk everywhere ... mmmm ... milk for at least 2 years for 100+ animation of mediocre sculpted characters turning around or moving hands like "smile and wave booooyyysss" :) hahahaha ... 2 YEARS !!! HOOoooOOOOLY CRAP ... the stupidity of all patreons is (and I hate this word) AMAZING !!! :)
Implying other games are faster. Also I'm pretty sure he meant he has 9 animations in that clip alone out of 100 in 0.1.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
I have no idea what point you are trying to prove....so there's that. 2 years for a game being developed? Been paying attention to the top games lately?

Vengel

Oct 21, 2019
I have no idea what point you are trying to prove....so there's that. 2 years for a game being developed? Been paying attention to the top games lately?
yeah ... do you ? my point exactly ...
so there you are ... now you can be sure what my point is ... next time > don't try and be just "there's that". be less > it's better in certain situations.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
yeah ... do you ? my point exactly ...
so there you are ... now you can be sure what my point is ... next time > don't try and be just "there's that". be less > it's better in certain situations.
Hahaha. What the fuck are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.