Ren'Py Apocalust [psychodelusional] Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyv

Feb 26, 2020
As long as the author is making an incomparable game seriously, I am willing to wait for him for a long time. Just, please make it carefully and let the game meet you as much as possible

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
guys the teaser trailer has been released, anyone please share it
Finally;)
View attachment 639288
Apr 30 at 9:17pm

Unlocked
Apocalust Teaser Trailer + News
Hello Patrons!

There is a teaser trailer here as well as some game news below:

(web version compressed, make sure you click hd and enable volume)

(This is different than the story trailer mind you, which I'm still most likely going to make while people are testing. Mainly using this to showcase the animation and give you something exciting for now.)

If you aren't the type to like reading apologies or mushy stuff like that maybe skip these next three paragraphs haha.

First of all, sorry for not posting in so long. Honestly I just wanted to avoid posting anything except the 0.1 release because I didn't want to disappoint you guys (again) and I did this twice in a row so once I hit the 1 month mark (since I wanted to get the game out in march) I kept avoiding it hoping I can finish and make everyone happy but since it's the end of month and we aren't testing yet, I'm obviously not done.

I am relatively close but I'm not going to give a date out or even discuss it in fear of messing this up a third time, so I'm not going to give a definitive date (now or in the future) until I get people testing.

I don't mean to leave everyone with their dicks their hands but to give you some insight into why I am taking 50 billion years:

With my last game I made, when I was initially working on it I really rushed my 0.1 and I wasn't happy with the base of what I made or the models/characters/environments so I wound up working from a foundation of something I'm not very proud of. So yeah, I probably developed a bit of a complex.

With this game, any opportunity to add to the quality or make something better/more unique I more or less took, regardless how long it takes me. I plan on working on this game for at least the next 1.5-2 years so I want to make sure it's something I am happy with and something unique and worth playing.

Anyhow, I hope you like my little teaser I put together, it's small clips of i think about 9 out of close to 100 animations now.

I wanted to surprise people with some of the features of the game on release but since people have been asking, my next post will probably be something gameplay related although you'll still see some stuff I haven't told you about once you play it. It's not a super complex game but definitely a massive step up from my previous.

Thanks a million for the support this last bit! And thanks for some of the kind pms people have been sending me. Stay safe you guys and I will talk to you soon.

Oh and PS to the Ultra Gamer tier: I know I'm a bit behind on some of the special renders so once 0.1 is out I will setup a poll for a larger image set than we normally do (maybe 5-6 instead of just the 3.)
Here you go.

Bonhart

Dec 30, 2017
it was really too good to be true, when I saw the teaser I almost didn't believe he was the same author of "Dark Neighborhood", in my opinion "psychodelusional" he is missing out on a great opportunity

(sorry my english)

ibrahem

Jun 1, 2018
When will the first release take place????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

joe134

May 22, 2017
Some mighty fine and hardcore complaining you've been doing Mr Vaginel, you've obviously made a game before and its way better than this or any of the others you've been complaining about, where can we find it?
Again with this ridiculous logic. Do I have to have worked in the restaurant industry extensively to be able to criticize the terrible food I received from a restaurant? Do I have to be a celebrity first before I can make coments about another celebrity ? No, I dont have to and I dont need to.

daloo semoose

Feb 19, 2020
Again with this ridiculous logic. Do I have to have worked in the restaurant industry extensively to be able to criticize the terrible food I received from a restaurant? Do I have to be a celebrity first before I can make coments about another celebrity ? No, I dont have to and I dont need to.
No, its spot on logic, look at his other comments, he's specifically calling developers lazy and that they can't come up with original characters, game mechanics etc as if he knows how much work actually goes into all of these things. Criticism is fine, calling devs lazy for things you know nothing about and expecting patreon devs making $200/week to give the same quality as full studio teams making millions/year is ridiculous logic.

thessaya

Jul 25, 2019
I seriously hope he can pull it off and keep it going at a reasonable timeframe. It could really push these games to a new level.

PePeTheCoCk

Apr 6, 2020
Finally;)
View attachment 639288
Apr 30 at 9:17pm

Unlocked
Apocalust Teaser Trailer + News
Hello Patrons!

There is a teaser trailer here as well as some game news below:

(web version compressed, make sure you click hd and enable volume)

(This is different than the story trailer mind you, which I'm still most likely going to make while people are testing. Mainly using this to showcase the animation and give you something exciting for now.)

If you aren't the type to like reading apologies or mushy stuff like that maybe skip these next three paragraphs haha.

First of all, sorry for not posting in so long. Honestly I just wanted to avoid posting anything except the 0.1 release because I didn't want to disappoint you guys (again) and I did this twice in a row so once I hit the 1 month mark (since I wanted to get the game out in march) I kept avoiding it hoping I can finish and make everyone happy but since it's the end of month and we aren't testing yet, I'm obviously not done.

I am relatively close but I'm not going to give a date out or even discuss it in fear of messing this up a third time, so I'm not going to give a definitive date (now or in the future) until I get people testing.

I don't mean to leave everyone with their dicks their hands but to give you some insight into why I am taking 50 billion years:

With my last game I made, when I was initially working on it I really rushed my 0.1 and I wasn't happy with the base of what I made or the models/characters/environments so I wound up working from a foundation of something I'm not very proud of. So yeah, I probably developed a bit of a complex.

With this game, any opportunity to add to the quality or make something better/more unique I more or less took, regardless how long it takes me. I plan on working on this game for at least the next 1.5-2 years so I want to make sure it's something I am happy with and something unique and worth playing.

Anyhow, I hope you like my little teaser I put together, it's small clips of i think about 9 out of close to 100 animations now.

I wanted to surprise people with some of the features of the game on release but since people have been asking, my next post will probably be something gameplay related although you'll still see some stuff I haven't told you about once you play it. It's not a super complex game but definitely a massive step up from my previous.

Thanks a million for the support this last bit! And thanks for some of the kind pms people have been sending me. Stay safe you guys and I will talk to you soon.

Oh and PS to the Ultra Gamer tier: I know I'm a bit behind on some of the special renders so once 0.1 is out I will setup a poll for a larger image set than we normally do (maybe 5-6 instead of just the 3.)

Dude youre a true hero for the pirate community.

Reactions: KR.Lee and bernthal
Status
Not open for further replies.