Ren'Py Apocalust [psychodelusional] Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

titsucker22

Nov 5, 2019
Alrighty....one more time and I'm just done with this shit. 100% not worth the time and effort.

First...listing devs won't be happening. Last time I saw this topic get hashed out with other games/devs being tossed around in a game's thread, the comments were deleted by mods. "Don't release game so long"....you'd have any idea how long a dev worked on a 0.1? My comment was geared towards 10k annual patreon revenue or revenue per release versus some of the other higher up/top devs that receive north of that amount monthly and have 3ish months in between releases (30+k per....). Not that I'm going to ever fault a dev for making money...just showing that the argument is pretty flawed and pointless.

The deadlines thing is a whole different story. Frankly, psychodelusional shouldn't have even put out "deadlines" and take the path of other devs.... I'm hoping he does that and adopts the "soon" method.
no only you have the real idea here in this thread that how a game is made and how long he is working on 0.1. If this topic dont worth your time and effort then dont reply everytime if someone is complaining about the late coming of the game and say something pointless you cant prove. Yeah there are devs who are making much money than psy#hodelu####al but he is making plenty too and if you are comparing other devs with him then think that also they deliver the game to the people at the time they mentioned it will be release, of course sometimes there are delays too but this long, its too much.
we all are fans here of good content games and also appreciate the works of the devs those should be appreciated but being a blind fan that you cant even see the true facts, do you no good.
so next time when someone says that how pissed they are because its feels like the game will never come, please save your time and effort and dont reply them by telling how long he is working or how much efforts he puts in, because at last every thing that matters is the results and as much as i see until now there are nothing more than some pictures, two(probably) game plays of few seconds, and now he was telling after this long time it is a 30 mins game. Of course it will great for you because how much content a dev can create with this long time, aint it? LoL

Last edited:

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
I promised that I will never ever reply to this thread a few months ago, but this white-knighting is making me sick. So, I'll do like Bison fan who many times complained to stop replying here and do his discord thing, then still comes back and replies. To all White knights who think they're important because they got some virtual power, Keep it up. May be someday, you'll get some real power as a School keeper in a nursery school :)

GAMEPLAY7

May 4, 2020
My Viewpoint for this thread :

• People can wait for how long to subscribing a patreon that doesn't even giving the actual game besides / Teasing monthly wallpapers & Wall of text that gonna be contain on the final demo version of the game.
#StraightToTheFacts
  1. Is the game just a test by the developer and what's the length time of this game gonna be?
  2. Patron member keep paying because of the game graphics and look adventuresome like no any other potential game that has yet.
  3. Is there a membership plan, that whom get access to it via password, when it actually release?!!!
  4. From what engine this game actually gonna be made of? ^^Definitively not Ren'py (from the looks)

And at the end of the day we people do care about this game "Apocalust" that gives so much content to explore and to interact with it (which we only heard of, see the preview images and did not view the actual game yet.) That's why we want this game to be released as soon as possible!!!

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Is the game just a test by the developer and what's the length time of this game gonna be?
No idea. However, on release day it won't be the complete game.
Patron member keep paying because of the game graphics and look adventuresome like no any other potential game that has yet.
Not my money, so I don't care.
Is there a membership plan, that whom get access to it via password, when it actually release?!!!
Not yet, maybe after the release of the game.
From what engine this game actually gonna be made of? ^^Definitively not Ren'py (from the looks)
It is Ren'Py.
That's why we want this game to be released as soon as possible!!!
We? Well, I don't care when the game gets released - doesn't matter if tomorrow, end of the year or next year. All I can say is, that from the looks it has high-end production value. A single set of renders probably takes days to finish (including post-work with Photoshop).

Considering the quality as shown in the gameplay teaser the waiting time between updates will be over 3 months with less numbers of renders. Therefore I think Dev wants to stockpile as much renders as possible to secure a steady update plan (NLT does the same).

So the question now is: Do we prefer to wait longer for the official release or wait 6+ months between updates?

Knowing how impatient people are I guess neither of it will satisfy them. On the other hand I ask myself how people mange to wait for Cyberpunk or for Half Life 3? :unsure:

riMaec

Jun 12, 2020
Nice first post. You prove it.
... same as saying when a Cambridge teacher speaks, you don’t have to give a f*** about his words. The only thing you care of is that they come from a man on a wheelchair.
Wow... clap your hands people.
I mean, there have been pictures and renders of 9 female characters, and two male, so that is 11 characters.
Ohh... that COMPLETELY changes the whole situation.
My apologies, keep clapping people.

My point is quite simple in all this..
You want your work to be perfect? Good, I’m quite the same so I love it, but then start talking only when you really have something to show. Take your time.. 1y,2,5 as long as you need, but start selling your project when you really have something to sell.

“Guys I’m working on a game night and day, it will be AWESOME!!!
But you’ll be able to see something, I mean a 0.1 version, 3 years from now”
There’s no point in that.. at all in my opinion.

BTW.. I’m not toxic.. haha

Reactions: titsucker22

titsucker22

Nov 5, 2019
people can wait for cyberpunk because it is not a myth like this one. When CD Projekt release news they are developing a game, they also release its probable release date and then fixed it to 17sep,2020 and never change it, you see faith is a very precious thing, hard to get :)

Reactions: gale94 and AlphaBit

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
[...]

Considering the quality as shown in the gameplay teaser the waiting time between updates will be over 3 months with less numbers of renders. Therefore I think Dev wants to stockpile as much renders as possible to secure a steady update plan (NLT does the same).
[...]
That idea crossed my mind the other day too!
If that were the case and Psycho managed to implement it as successfully as NLT the long wait would definitely be more than worth it. And it wouldn't even have to be a bi-weekly release, it could be a monthly or even bi-monthly update and it would still be fantastic if he keeps up the quality that this game will apparently have.

Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017
no only you have the real idea here in this thread that how a game is made and how long he is working on 0.1. If this topic dont worth your time and effort then dont reply everytime if someone is complaining about the late coming of the game and say something pointless you cant prove. Yeah there are devs who are making much money than psy#hodelu####al but he is making plenty too and if you are comparing other devs with him then think that also they deliver the game to the people at the time they mentioned it will be release, of course sometimes there are delays too but this long, its too much.
we all are fans here of good content games and also appreciate the works of the devs those should be appreciated but being a blind fan that you cant even see the true facts, do you no good.
so next time when someone says that how pissed they are because its feels like the game will never come, please save your time and effort and dont reply them by telling how long he is working or how much efforts he puts in, because at last every thing that matters is the results and as much as i see until now there are nothing more than some pictures, two(probably) game plays of few seconds, and now he was telling after this long time it is a 30 mins game. Of course it will great for you because how much content a dev can create with this long time, aint it? LoL
He say only 30m himself?

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
people can wait for cyberpunk because it is not a myth like this one. When CD Projekt release news they are developing a game, they also release its probable release date and then fixed it to 17sep,2020 and never change it, you see faith is a very precious thing, hard to get :)
The first trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 was released in 2013 without a release and they already changed two release dates for Cyberpunk 2077. They also changed the release date for the Witcher 3.

• Angry
Reactions: MrDeos and byskup

Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017
Guys he take too much times yes but we are going to all agree it will be the top 3 best game when its gonna go out.

We are disapointed its long but we all going to be amazed im sure!

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
This thread is so toxic now smh, we went from enjoying and admiring the art of a game that has yet to be released to complaining lol.
It's because of threads like this I've had to rethink my approach when critiquing Devs. I've even apologized to some. Talking with more and more Devs helped me realize all the crap and stress they have to go through go. You're right when this thread first happened everyone was gleeful and cheering but now that this release isn't happening as fast as these fairweather fans want... they're bitching. A good percentage of them probably won't even support the project in this first place. I'd rather the Devs take as much time as they need and release a Epic classic... versus them rushing trying to appease a bunch of entitled crybabies... and release an Epic diseaster.
Honestly their bust, and hip are overly large except of the last girl. The developer should consider to reduce them.
No. Naw. Nah. Absolutely not. They're perfect the way they are, you don't approve? There are thousands of other titles on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.