Ren'Py Apocalust [psychodelusional] Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooble

May 3, 2018
Can't believe people are still on board with this. THen you got people saying that we don't know anything like updates and crap cuz we don't support the patreon. Yeah, thankfully I decided not to until I see actual gameplay and even then all I've seen are conversations and idle animations.

Reactions: moi69 and joe134

MrDeos

Dec 4, 2018
It is always the same on this page, they say that he milks his patrons, but he always appears with more progress in the game.

• Angry
Reactions: moi69

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
People want games that look good and have great animations, but also want the devs to magically know how to do it all of this without taking the time to learn.

Maybe we should go back to the days of 3Delight renders with awkward stock poses and animations that are a mixed blend of two images. I kind of miss that starter kit Victoria 7 tank top which was featured in every single game.

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
13 fucking months of development :FacePalm:
Do you still have hopes? :WeSmart:
Here's the thing.
Whenever a new game sprouts out of nowhere, no matter how good or bad, there was some development time behind it that you weren't aware of. Even a dog shit Honey Select games with RAW graphics and copy paste story take time to make, they don't just fall on anyones lap. In this case we have an inexperienced dev trying to tackle something we haven't seen before so ofcourse it's gonna take a lot of time for him to figure this shit out.

You're good, you can wait, it's not like you have somewhere to be.
And let's face it, you're not contributing anything to the development, you're just living you life as you would while this thing is just going on in the background.

13 fucking months is not a long time either, maybe for like a 5 year old, since it's like 1/5 of his life it may seem like a long ass time.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
Here's the thing.
Whenever a new game sprouts out of nowhere, no matter how good or bad, there was some development time behind it that you weren't aware of. Even a dog shit Honey Select games with RAW graphics and copy paste story take time to make, they don't just fall on anyones lap. In this case we have an inexperienced dev trying to tackle something we haven't seen before so ofcourse it's gonna take a lot of time for him to figure this shit out.

And let's face it, you're not contributing anything to the development, you're just living you life as you would while this thing is just going on in the background.

13 fucking months is not a long time either, maybe for like a 5 year old, since it's like 1/5 of his life it may seem like a long ass time.
This, I think, or something like it, would mute some of the complaints:

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
This, I think, or something like it, would mute some of the complaints:
I don't know what you would do with that information, and it's very inaccurate. It doesn't speed things up and devs are very frivolous with those percentages early on. They start burning through these like there is no tomorrow to make it look like they're making a lot of progress, and then stop at 99% for weeks before they can put the game out.
This only feeds false expectations, like people will calculate how long it took for it to go from 80% to 90% and say shit based on that, setting a date for a release themselves and then get mad at a dev for not keeping it.
I never trusted those graphs.
And btw, people are not going mad because they can't see any progress. They are going mad because they are eager to play it.
And 13 months is 13 months with or without the graph.

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
Perhaps we are dealing with non-linearity of time in parallel universes. That is, somewhere in the universes, 13 months with a graph become 13 days.
Dude that's fucked up. You're telling me that there are aliens out there jacking off to Apocalust 8 VR and meanwhile we are sitting here beating off to a honey select dating sim with 1998 graphics? And all the media are being silent? That sucks.

PlatinumAss

Nov 24, 2017
Here's the thing.

the developer promised to deliver in January (so the game was already advanced) as someone misses so much an estimate?

Bonhart

Dec 30, 2017
unfortunately I believe that psychodelusional is a Gumdrop 2.0, but in this case I am more sorry because Apocalust seemed more promising than Dual Family

(Sorry my english)

Status
Not open for further replies.