Ren'Py Apocalust [psychodelusional] Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
Odds this will be out by January 2022: 50-50
Odds this will be abandoned and never released: 50-50

Bison peace'd out of the thread before this hit the one year mark. I posted here starting in June and the post that set him off was the suggestion that a dev getting money had responsibility to keep patrons updated regularly on progress and properly manage expectations, not mislead them with promises that couldn't be kept. Apparently this was outrageous entitlement.

People are eager to see the game, but endless delays and no first release is of course going to generate frustration and a lot of criticism. The smart move would have been to set a long first release date from the jump, like a year or two. Especially once he started talking like a perfectionist and wanting to add lots of features and details.
At this point if we get to the 2nd anniversary mark with no release I think the thread should be locked.

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
Ok place your bets. Will the 0.1 have actual content or will it be a 5 min intro with a shower peeping scene and then a end of update screen.
Nah, he will want to blueball people a bit harder than that, just to rub it in their faces.

Last edited:

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
Can’t say I’m surprised at this point, but getting close to not supporting his Patreon anymore.
If you want progress then stop supporting people like this. There are only two times when devs like this move at a decent pace, when they need to draw in crowd and when they start losing shekels. Patreon as a system is very perverse, it incentivizes stretching projects out as long as possible to milk the fanbase, the reason people (scammers) like Icstor exist is because people support them. You have to vote with your wallet, they don't listen to anything else.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
:eek:

Unlocked

Hello Patrons!
Here to give a quick update since I am taking forever.
The game is taking a bit longer than I thought, so I am going to put the main story/game trailer up in a bit over a week and the 0.1 release will be after that later in the month.
I am not even going to try to give a direct date for it because I already borked 3 now so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just wanted to give a quick update so I'm not silent for ages on end again.
Anyhow, game is coming soon and my next post will be with the Apocalust main game trailer.
Thanks a million for the support and I will talk to you again soon.
Does the verb "to bork" have anything to do with judge Bork's notorious botched nomination to the US Supreme Court in the 80's? :WaitWhat:
As a non-native speaker, I'm curious.

EDIT: Well I should've googled first. Yes, it does! But the meaning I found online doesn't correspond exactly with what Psycho is implying here. Anyway...

Last edited:

joe134

May 22, 2017
If you want progress then stop supporting people like this. There are only two times when devs like this move at a decent pace, when they need to draw in crowd and when they start losing shekels. Patreon as a system is very perverse, it incentivizes stretching projects out as long as possible to milk the fanbase, the reason people (scammers) like Icstor exist is because people support them. You have to vote with your wallet, they don't listen to anything else.
Well said, my man. The only time he will act is when the sweet nectar runs out. Otherwise, I bet he is perfectly content with just milking the highest donors by putting out a few pics a month for them while ignoring everyone else.

Reactions: Mirnation

Tribal155

Jul 31, 2017
When (or if) it’s announced that this game isn’t actually happening, at least we’ll all be able to remember this thread. Which is probably the most entertaining game of them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.