Bonhart

Dec 30, 2017
Mrs. Perkins is much sexier now

if everything goes as it should go by mid-July it should be out

(Sorry for my bad english )

Reactions: lipe2410

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
but the honest goal is to get between 1-2 hours of gameplay(depending on if you are actually reading or playing the puzzles) or in that ball park for a first release and then repeat this for subsequent release (hopefully) around every 2-3 months.
Never got into dark neighborhood as I did not like the aesthetics, while I very much dig the ones in this, but most of all I don't know the developer, giving it the benefit of the doubt it sounds like good news, that he wants to figure out how to get have a regular release and to properly inform the patreons on the progress.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
always some whoknows itstrueornot update progresses,just show us the program,after all i payed him over 90$. its even enough for a gta5
I have this strange feeling that you will never get anything for your 90 bucks!

Again, there is no set and hard release date for this release or any of the following ones as I have already borked this a multitude of times but this is just me thinking out loud so take it how you will sir.
I have been more or less working non stop every single moment I am free from IRL work since the demo has released. I did hit the 2k funding goal thanks to you guys. I have had that up there for 3 years which is to leave my job and pursue this full time, which is still heavily on my mind but I want to actually get the main version out the door first before I consider anything as I don’t want to drop the 0.1 and somehow you guys don't like it. (which I don’t think is likely but that's just me over worrying.)
Let me help some people understand this. Thats what people call a "red flag" which i hope everyone is familiar with but others in my occupation call "deceitful behavior".
That is given when an author misses his deadline for a project "which can have many reasons and is not uncommon" but explaines reasons for this that are beyond absurd or at least sound shady as hell. Like "my relative died but still having no documents to proof that after 3 months" as example

1. "There is no set and hard release date for this release or any of the following ones"
Not really an issue as you have no control over the workflow if you still have a daytime job or other issues that can rise overtime and influence the work on the current project. But it raises eyebrows.

2. he reached 2k funding which was up for 3 years for this project and would get him to leave his job but not at the moment cause what if you guys don't like the product he is making?

This raises more than eyebrows.
You must establish when the old project (Dark Neighbourhood" was finished and funding for this one started. Let's assume this one is already a year in the work. (Probably way longer if we go back to 2019 Patreon page)
That means depending on the flow of money he alread has made a shit ton of money on this project while providing nothing but a demo.
Which would mean alot of money was already handed over with nothing to show for.

Excuse me but does that sound like a serious business model to you? In what company on this planet you pay someone for years without doing anything? If you are telling me it took years to make this demo i will very precisly tell you why that is a lie and made up with nothing but BS.

3. He wants to actually get the main version out before he considers everything in regards to doing this full time. Consider what exactly? How much longer he can milk money without giving anything in return? This is the point in which everyone tossing money at the dude should reconsider strongly wtf the dev is even doing.
If you consider making this full time or not thats up to you but telling the customer you still have to think over it when you already collect more money by doing almost nothing while others have to work every day for said amount of money. I kinda get the feeling we talking BS here.

I do not wanna assume that the dev of this project is doing nothing but finding one excuse after another and from setting dates in terms of weeks to open ended i would HIGHLY SUGGEST anyone invested in this with money to reconsider a deadline you set up for yourself to actually have the dev deliver something and also letting the dev know over patreon that you demand something on a specific date or you pull your money out.

A fair date i might add. Like the end of this month and if by then nothing is released i can almost guarantee you that this project is going nowhere!

A "red flag" can happen even without wanting to. But this entire post from patreon is full of them. I just took a small part out of it and can already see this is shady af. Again not assuming the dev is making things up but when it comes to money i doubt anyone of you has "fuck it money" that they can spend or gift away with no shits given.

To me this sounds more than shady especially as the guy again has not told when this infamous 0.1 will even drop. How long are people waiting for this 0.1 version again?

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I have this strange feeling that you will never get anything for your 90 bucks!

Let me help some people understand this. Thats what people call a "red flag" which i hope everyone is familiar with but others in my occupation call "deceitful behavior".
That is given when an author misses his deadline for a project "which can have many reasons and is not uncommon" but explaines reasons for this that are beyond absurd or at least sound shady as hell. Like "my relative died but still having no documents to proof that after 3 months" as example

1. "There is no set and hard release date for this release or any of the following ones"
Not really an issue as you have no control over the workflow if you still have a daytime job or other issues that can rise overtime and influence the work on the current project. But it raises eyebrows.

2. he reached 2k funding which was up for 3 years for this project and would get him to leave his job but not at the moment cause what if you guys don't like the product he is making?

This raises more than eyebrows.
You must establish when the old project (Dark Neighbourhood" was finished and funding for this one started. Let's assume this one is already a year in the work. (Probably way longer if we go back to 2019 Patreon page)
That means depending on the flow of money he alread has made a shit ton of money on this project while providing nothing but a demo.
Which would mean alot of money was already handed over with nothing to show for.

Excuse me but does that sound like a serious business model to you? In what company on this planet you pay someone for years without doing anything? If you are telling me it took years to make this demo i will very precisly tell you why that is a lie and made up with nothing but BS.

3. He wants to actually get the main version out before he considers everything in regards to doing this full time. Consider what exactly? How much longer he can milk money without giving anything in return? This is the point in which everyone tossing money at the dude should reconsider strongly wtf the dev is even doing.
If you consider making this full time or not thats up to you but telling the customer you still have to think over it when you already collect more money by doing almost nothing while others have to work every day for said amount of money. I kinda get the feeling we talking BS here.

I do not wanna assume that the dev of this project is doing nothing but finding one excuse after another and from setting dates in terms of weeks to open ended i would HIGHLY SUGGEST anyone invested in this with money to reconsider a deadline you set up for yourself to actually have the dev deliver something and also letting the dev know over patreon that you demand something on a specific date or you pull your money out.

A fair date i might add. Like the end of this month and if by then nothing is released i can almost guarantee you that this project is going nowhere!

A "red flag" can happen even without wanting to. But this entire post from patreon is full of them. I just took a small part out of it and can already see this is shady af. Again not assuming the dev is making things up but when it comes to money i doubt anyone of you has "fuck it money" that they can spend or gift away with no shits given.

To me this sounds more than shady especially as the guy again has not told when this infamous 0.1 will even drop. How long are people waiting for this 0.1 version again?
If dev say that he don't finish the content for 0.1 yet in the next progress update, that will be probaly the true. And i bet that he will say that he needs a more couple of days to finish the content because he is stuck in some stuff

Reactions: uhhhok

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
If dev say that he don't finish the content for 0.1 yet in the next progress update, that will be probaly the true. And i bet that he will say that he needs a more couple of days to finish the content because he is stuck in some stuff
True that and i give the man the benefit of the doubt but it still is very shady in terms of communication. If i am wrong nothing will happen and a release is imminent. If i am right however the 0.1 version will take another few weeks and another. So time will tell what it will be.

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
Well, according to the dev itself and if no shit happens, the content for 0.1 will probably be done next week. And the rest of the writing, coding and testing will be enter by July. If this "game" hasn't been released by August, four months after the demo, then dev is really just thinking about milking anyway.
P.S: If he been took this "no release date until test" from the beginning would have been a little better. But some people only learn from the harder way.
According to the dev the content for 0.1 has been done for months but somehow he still has to finish it every month
Makes you think

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
According to the dev the content for 0.1 has been done for months but somehow he still has to finish it every month
Makes you think
I remember he said in that february cry post that he has enough content for 0.1 release but "it never reach my expectations", like he said. After that, he decided make changes in the game, remake gui/nav and "stuff" (i just laught about how much he love this word, "stuff") and started say that he needed rework in content because some of it become outdated (and add some stuff, haha). But he said, two weeks ago, that the rework in content will take 3-4 weeks. So, or the 0.1 is released someday in begin august, at maximum, or this dev is really scamming for money.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Makes you think
Probably thinking. Do i need a release? Watches his bank account and concludes: "Nah gotta work some more on stuff"

I remember he said in that february cry post that he has enough content for 0.1 release but "it never reach my expectations", like he said. After that, he decided make changes in the game, remake gui/nav and "stuff" (i just laught about how much he love this word, "stuff") and started say that he needed rework in content because some of it become outdated (and add some stuff, haha). But he said, two weeks ago, that the rework in content will take 3-4 weeks. So, or the 0.1 is released someday in begin august, at maximum, or this dev is really scamming for money.
Can i vote the word "stuff" as the official word of the thread? :ROFLMAO:

Carla_BrownBB

Sep 22, 2018
what i mean is, 2000$ per month for over 2years, think about it. its even enough for buying a apartment in some country. and what we got? some damn pictures!
Actually it's only recently hit $2000. Prior to the demo release it was around $400. Which was still $400 too much given his laziness. But his thought process is correct. He does need to wait to see success of first release before taking the risk of quitting his job. It's what any sensible person would do.

Reactions: Interesting_name82

Ceadmon

May 28, 2020
what i mean is, 2000$ per month for over 2years, think about it. its even enough for buying a apartment in some country. and what we got? some damn pictures!

Littrealy you could buy an 85 square meter house in Italy, and still have enough money to spend on a rig like this and after all of this he has the audacity of pulling that "I need a new rig" bullshit. I mean talk about a truffatore! That's masculine for scammer. (Couldn't find sissy for scammer)

Reactions: Kuranai

albul

Jun 8, 2017
Actually it's only recently hit $2000. Prior to the demo release it was around $400. Which was still $400 too much given his laziness. But his thought process is correct. He does need to wait to see success of first release before taking the risk of quitting his job. It's what any sensible person would do.
He has been on over 1k since the start of 2020
Where are you getting your info?

MrBaitor

Nov 4, 2018
*Opens door really slow and peeks*
-Hmm still the demo only....
*Closes door almost without sound and thinks*
"I 'll come back in 6 months, maybe by then there will be a first release... phew!! I am glad I DIDN'T downloaded that demo after all, the hype that would be created in my mind by that demo would be excruciating given the fact that there is no actual game for almost 2 years now."

Reactions: Miðgarðsormr

MrBaitor

Nov 4, 2018

Littrealy you could buy an 85 square meter house in Italy, and still have enough money to spend on a rig like this and after all of this he has the audacity of pulling that "I need a new rig" bullshit. I mean talk about a truffatore! That's masculine for scammer. (Couldn't find sissy for scammer)
I have a word for you. Coglione!

Reactions: Miðgarðsormr

BettyCrocker

Sep 28, 2019
*Opens door really slow and peeks*
-Hmm still the demo only....
*Closes door almost without sound and thinks*
"I 'll come back in 6 months, maybe by then there will be a first release... phew!! I am glad I DIDN'T downloaded that demo after all, the hype that would be created in my mind by that demo would be excruciating given the fact that there is no actual game for almost 2 years now."
What the FUCK is wrong with you

3.90 star(s) 137 Votes