Ceadmon

May 28, 2020

Arcanw

Jan 26, 2021
People like you are the reason devs take 2 year vacations.
Nope i am not the reason, just stating the situation
Dev has already admitted that dev had not been done anything last 2 years due to difficult condition of circumstance or whatever they are in the end private issues. (BTW you do not have to believe it - but that what dev told. )

Now check the below figures

1st Mar Patreon income $887
25th May Patreon income $2434

Supporters are believing whatever dev told. Therefore no need to struggle on this matter for now.
That doesnt mean forget about IT , but currently non sense to repeat last 2 years.
Observe the progress...
If your suspicion is right, then end of the June, that will show up... with another excuses or disappointing update.

just try to show another side of events.

For now - seems there are 2 check points

1- regular reports which are ongoing
2- End of June V0.1 release

But if you think reminding last 2 years is better for your interest. for sure better to continue like that

Reactions: uiopuiop3112

Ceadmon

May 28, 2020
Nope i am not the reason, just stating the situation
Dev has already admitted that dev had not been done anything last 2 years due to difficult condition of circumstance or whatever they are in the end private issues. (BTW you do not have to believe it - but that what dev told. )

Now check the below figures

1st Mar Patreon income $887
25th May Patreon income $2434

Supporters are believing whatever dev told. Therefore no need to struggle on this matter for now.
That doesnt mean forget about IT , but currently non sense to repeat last 2 years.
Observe the progress...
If your suspicion is right, then end of the June, that will show up... with another excuses or disappointing update.

just try to show another side of events.

For now - seems there are 2 check points

1- regular reports which are ongoing
2- End of June V0.1 release

But if you think reminding last 2 years is better for your interest. for sure better to continue like that
20210601_002220.jpg

Ceadmon

May 28, 2020
Can we talk about this guy coming out of nowhere with a baby profile picture defending somebody who will never notice him?
Feels like he's the dev or something. His only other comments and activities are vague reviews congratulating random game devs, he's mostly stuck here defending...

• Haha
Reactions: Arcanw

uhhhok

Sep 24, 2020

Now let's see what will happen,
- regular reports
- deadline until the end of June for the 0.1 version
dude, I don't think it will release by the end of June. He said he needs 3-4 weeks for renders. after renders, there is coding and writing too. So, my advice is to think that release will be by the end of july.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Renders and animations are on top ladder meanwhile writing cheesy as fuck. Not everyone is jack of all trades, thats why game companies have different departments.
Thats because they overthink the writing part and end up with something of everything instead of focusing on one part and nailing that one. They do not understand that boring characters is what works better. We are all living boring lives as none of us is a superhero or a superstar. Thats why a reader/player would always identify better with boring stories and boring characters. I should write a tutorial on how to write good characters but i highly doubt any dev out there would read it.

The gift and curse of being a prof. writer for a living in this forum i guess. But the people who can write a good story or good characters on this forum are countable with one hand. Sure there is no 100% rule for any of that but i guess everyone of you can name 2 or 3 games that stuck in his mind for the story and writing/characters alone.

What do i even mean by boring?
Watchthe following characters: Austin Powers, Stifler (american pie), Jar Jar Binks (star wars)!
All of them are one dimensional and can be written in a few minutes. They never change their ways and are considered boring, annoying or funny. But thats it. They have no depth, no substance, they are shallow and for some purposes that works. For others it don't. Clumsy stays clumsy, funny stays funny, stupid stays stupid.

Lets compare them to the boring ones i mean.
Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver)
Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton)
Rocky Balboa (Silvester Stallone)

All of them have a boring introduction and in short are boring characters. None of them is a superhero or a star or tough or anything at all. They are normal people with normal work or stuff they do. But they are not one dimensional. They have depth they grow gradually as the story progresses and the story unfolds.
The characters go through different stages of changing until they become someone entirely different not even slightly comparable to their old selfs.

I think we all would prefer the characters both female and male with some growth and depths to them instead of the one dimensional bimbos we get presented in almost every game.

Sorry for my long post. As i said i am a writer and once i start i kinda lose control over my fingers and my keyboard :ROFLMAO:

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Thats because they overthink the writing part and end up with something of everything instead of focusing on one part and nailing that one. They do not understand that boring characters is what works better. We are all living boring lives as none of us is a superhero or a superstar. Thats why a reader/player would always identify better with boring stories and boring characters. I should write a tutorial on how to write good characters but i highly doubt any dev out there would read it.

The gift and curse of being a prof. writer for a living in this forum i guess. But the people who can write a good story or good characters on this forum are countable with one hand. Sure there is no 100% rule for any of that but i guess everyone of you can name 2 or 3 games that stuck in his mind for the story and writing/characters alone.

What do i even mean by boring?
Watchthe following characters: Austin Powers, Stifler (american pie), Jar Jar Binks (star wars)!
All of them are one dimensional and can be written in a few minutes. They never change their ways and are considered boring, annoying or funny. But thats it. They have no depth, no substance, they are shallow and for some purposes that works. For others it don't. Clumsy stays clumsy, funny stays funny, stupid stays stupid.

Lets compare them to the boring ones i mean.
Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver)
Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton)
Rocky Balboa (Silvester Stallone)

All of them have a boring introduction and in short are boring characters. None of them is a superhero or a star or tough or anything at all. They are normal people with normal work or stuff they do. But they are not one dimensional. They have depth they grow gradually as the story progresses and the story unfolds.
The characters go through different stages of changing until they become someone entirely different not even slightly comparable to their old selfs.

I think we all would prefer the characters both female and male with some growth and depths to them instead of the one dimensional bimbos we get presented in almost every game.

Sorry for my long post. As i said i am a writer and once i start i kinda lose control over my fingers and my keyboard :ROFLMAO:
I think that it depends largely on the number of characters that you have involved. The smaller the number, the greater the need to have them fleshed out and become rounded, in order to make it interesting. If you have a large number of them, then if you at least give them each some distinguishing characteristics, they don't need to be so complex as long as the plot itself is deep and interesting enough. At least that's always my view, and it works the same for a sex game or a blockbuster movie.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I think that it depends largely on the number of characters that you have involved. The smaller the number, the greater the need to have them fleshed out and become rounded, in order to make it interesting. If you have a large number of them, then if you at least give them each some distinguishing characteristics, they don't need to be so complex as long as the plot itself is deep and interesting enough. At least that's always my view, and it works the same for a sex game or a blockbuster movie.
That is 100% true. The only issue we have is that most sex game dev do it the other way around. 20 characters fleshed out at which point no one cares anymore cause his favorite character gets less and less attention and a game with 3 characters who are complete bimbos. Dumb as a brick and forgettable in 10 seconds after you turn the game off.

I sincerely hope this won't be the case here but so far my hopes are very low in that regard. Cause i know only a few devs that did pull of both. Good renders/animations and great characters.
Time will tell :)

despot444

Mar 10, 2018
Dumb as a brick and forgettable in 10 seconds after you turn the game off.
That's why I don't remember most of characters in games that I play but I still remember Liam from Acting Lessons, how I was happy to see him with Rena. And that was years ago. Also imho, yes more character means more choice that you can make but in the end you have to sacrifice character development, overall budget and time. It becomes quantity over quality which I really don't like. Without story, "visual novel" becomes just visual.

Reactions: Miðgarðsormr

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
That's why I don't remember most of characters in games that I play but I still remember Liam from Acting Lessons, how I was happy to see him with Rena. And that was years ago. Also imho, yes more character means more choice that you can make but in the end you have to sacrifice character development, overall budget and time. It becomes quantity over quality which I really don't like. Without story, "visual novel" becomes just visual.
Acting Lessons is a prime example on how to do stuff like that in general.

Reactions: despot444

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
dude, I don't think it will release by the end of June. He said he needs 3-4 weeks for renders. after renders, there is coding and writing too. So, my advice is to think that release will be by the end of july.
My advise is to remember that he has supposedly had the renders done since January last year, and then February this year, and somehow after only needing to do some coding for the gameplay, he is making renders again.

• Haha
Reactions: Motoko Kusanagi

xcfbxgfd

Feb 26, 2021
Can you name those games. I want to use it as a recommendation since I'm new to the genre and it's an ocean of games.

3.90 star(s) 137 Votes