What do you thinks about sandbox in the games?

• I like

Votes: 59 65.6%
  • I dont like

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I have no opinion

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello there!
I've been replying the game latelay (new save) and I have a bug that makes me stuck :/
The hud disapear at some point and there is no way to progress.
For exemple, when I need to select an item for an action, I can't since the inventory button disapear with the rest of the hud.

Is there a bug patch ?
That search bar is a real bitch, ain't it? Answered many times but a few posts above yours as well here for example.

.... in other news, I'm finally at that dreaded "G" screen Explore event coding. Never fear, the UI works correctly in the mod regardless. That said, thank you RtS for giving me a prior problem that I face yet again here... damn MiniStat in the way:
1688930860986.png

Resolved on hover:
1688931111008.png

And since SanchoMod already takes the "G" key for itself, I offer:
1688931399551.png 1688935170433.png
... and yes, since I allow you an alternative way to turn QA menu On/Off at will I've insured it's auto-On when absolutely needed... even in the prior Inventory events. That's how we roll.

Edit: -Awake-, you should do this to. For example at this location (in case the Player has the UI Off):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And go back to all the other Inventory events (like the Towel event, etc) and do the same (all the others are in here):

Last edited:

asadelta234

Apr 18, 2021
dude check the codes because i really tried everything and nothing is working i keep geting «Wrong patreon code» and i did the thing that you said : 06660 to 18; and 36663 for +18 and still i get wrong patreon code pleaseeee help dude i would love to play the game

Nov 1, 2018
That search bar is a real bitch, ain't it? Answered many times but a few posts above yours as well here for example.

.... in other news, I'm finally at that dreaded "G" screen Explore event coding. Never fear, the UI works correctly in the mod regardless. That said, thank you RtS for giving me a prior problem that I face yet again here... damn MiniStat in the way:
View attachment 2757517

Resolved on hover:
View attachment 2757534

And since SanchoMod already takes the "G" key for itself, I offer:
View attachment 2757540 View attachment 2757676
... and yes, since I allow you an alternative way to turn QA menu On/Off at will I've insured it's auto-On when absolutely needed... even in the prior Inventory events. That's how we roll.

Edit: -Awake-, you should do this to. For example at this location (in case the Player has the UI Off):
And go back to all the other Inventory events (like the Towel event, etc) and do the same (all the others are in here):
Thank you SO MUCH!
Can someone put this in the first post in order for all to see it ?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you SO MUCH!
Can someone put this in the first post in order for all to see it ?
Well, not necessary tbh. The hotkey for the UI is explained in the VN itself and a proper fix will likely be inbound soon so it'll be a non-issue for forgetful minds anyway (reference the bottom of that same post you quoted where I offer the solution to the dev). Regards.

Reactions: michel.gellar7

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Your opinions are not invalid, that's for sure. Most all end users would agree on abuse of hard pauses.

But (this is important now) regarding transitions you are in a very small minority. Most all end users desire and expect the "v" in "VN" to actually represent visuals in all their properly and aesthetically sequenced glory, otherwise they'd simply read a novel ( [humor] or in the case of AVNs, they'd reach for dad's smut magazines [/humor] ). Again, that doesn't make your opinion any less valid than mine or anyone else's (of course), but to say that transitions between sequenced scenes aren't one of the most important visual effects for immersion is highly debatable at best.

Electronic sequential visual media of every single type all use them: console games, motion pictures of all categories (movies, documentaries, cartoons, music videos, media site clips, etc et al), business and informational presentations (PowerPoint, etc), screensavers (folks actually still use those things), eReaders for static novels (kindle, nook, kobo, etc), laser light shows, on and on. This particular point is just not truly debatable. Hieroglyphics don't count though imho, they are accepted as a transformation of language, not a visual "media"... and certainly not electronic, so we have to draw the line somewhere.

Regarding me reflecting that your take on transitions is an extreme minority viewpoint, I could list thousands of examples but let's go with just one of the most celebrated and successful VN franchises of all time (Myst) which uses transitions (hell man, they all do) and that was released some thirty years ago. Are those literally double-digit millions of end users irritated due to the use of transitions? Virtual bet: dollars to doughnuts not a single one of them ever brought it up.

Again, it doesn't make your opinion invalid or inferior in any way, but that's my case for the true majority for what it's worth.
You're making an assumption regarding transitions. I'm dealing with people that ask me to fix this and it isn't only ever a few. Some patches I've pushed on user-accessibility focused sites reach thousands to tens of thousands. Your bit about attempting to describe VNs despite their range of capability doesn't do anything to validate forcing transitions. You confuse other media for VNs (everything before "business and informational..."). I've seen classes that teach presentations tell people NOT to go crazy with transitions or to use it on every single page because it's *unprofessional*, school alone taught me that and I agreed with them, but that's anecdotal. Notice how eReaders give you the option to disable transitions? Most have primitive, quick transitions, or none at all by default. ...Laser light show? Not sure at all what that has to do with VNs. It seems this whole paragraph doesn't seem to fit Novel, from my understanding.

Myst, an older game from an older time, times with limited options. Just because something is popular doesn't mean it doesn't have issues. A quick search for Myst alone...

Or something closer to home:

Even a popular emulator for older games, ScummVM has a built-in option to *disable* transitions. Allows 4 choices, even. Side note, Beneath A Steel Sky is pretty neat. Hated transitions in that myself, just a comment.

It's an issue, bottom line, for at least some players. Who cares if they want to experience a VN their way? Let'em. Forcing them accomplishes nothing.

TLDR: Not saying transitions shouldn't exist, not saying dialog text tags shouldn't exist, not saying pauses shouldn't exist. Saying they should be optional/easily-bypassable by end-users that want to for their own accessibility reasons. Suits everyone, even developers.

Last edited:

JeanPaul

Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone.

After playing for the first time, what do i think about the game. (y)

1 - It was a big update, but I thought there would be some survival system, that is, going outside the house to get resources like food, drink and everyday there would be a consumption of these resources, just like survival games.
2 - The scenes with Jessica were pretty good, but the last day could be a little more provocative.
3 - Interactions with her imaginary friend are quite lively, with some very hilarious situations.
4 - And finally, I hope you don't take too long the third chapter, because this game is considered one of the best I've ever played.

I hope the step-sister of Jessica, is still alive. (Please make it happen) :cry:

Reactions: -Awake-

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Having issues getting the hidden Jess scene (the full scene)?

The pending SanchoMod update's got your back... using the MiniStat's dynamic FreeRoam code as a base:

Mouse is hovered at "Caress" in all the following previews.

Almost there (the HotSpot Guide directs you as you go)
AL SM B02a.jpg

An internal threshold has been met, do NOT caress her face now:
AL SM B02b.jpg

Bam! Now, go get 'em:
AL SM B02c.jpg

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Having issues getting the hidden Jess scene (the full scene)?

The pending SanchoMod update's got your back... using the MiniStat's dynamic FreeRoam code as a base:

Mouse is hovered at "Caress" in all the following previews.

Almost there (the HotSpot Guide directs you as you go)
View attachment 2760128

An internal threshold has been met, do NOT caress her face now:
View attachment 2760129

Bam! Now, go get 'em:
View attachment 2760130
OP was update yet again, but I don't think it's any different.

Reactions: Sancho1969

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I sent him a menu choice bug earlier this afternoon. He didn't respond to he PM but it's likely that... me guessing.
There isn't any update on Patreon.

All I see..

Here is the application of patches in details if you are interested:

• The quick access buttons on the right and left of the screen that were hidden but not displayed again at certain times are now displayed without you having to press the "G" key (by default). This was a problem for some players which wasn't able to access their belt.
  • Added informative notification screens in several places (path taken, level of censorship unlocked, etc.).
  • Fixed notifications that lasted indefinitely when fast forward mode was used (left ctrl or tab by default).
  • Added some sounds.
  • Division of the download links into 2 different folder, one for Machintosh users, one for PC/Linus users.
  • Fixed a sound bug that was sometimes played in loops in the final dreams.
  • Added an enhancement to the manual save system with the ability to skip pages by 10 and rename its save.
  • Fixed archive compression system in . rpa that did not include . mov files
  • Several errors in the dialogs (typo) have been corrected here and there.
  • And several small insignificant things that only I would understand.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
There isn't any update on Patreon.

All I see..
That appears to be the same log as original v1.21

I've actually fixed more bugs than I've given him as late last night I was in a zone and didn't freakin' make a log myself. I'll sort out another list for him later with the proper code, etc. I'm still too dang busy trying to get this mod update done.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
That appears to be the same log as original v1.21

I've actually fixed more bugs than I've given him as late last night I was in a zone and didn't freakin' make a log myself. I'll sort out another list for him later with the proper code, etc. I'm still too dang busy trying to get this mod update done.
It was posted 2 days ago on Patreon, I'm not sure anything in the OP is updated. Might just be updated some of the links.

Reactions: -Awake-

-Awake-

Apocalypse Lovers
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2021
It was posted 2 days ago on Patreon, I'm not sure anything in the OP is updated. Might just be updated some of the links.
Exactly I think I sent 1.2 links to the reporting post process so I sent back the 1.21 to be sure the links were update correctly. Causee it seems to me that some new players were still having the belt-G key-quickaccessbutton "bug" even if it was fixed, meaning they wasnt downloading the correct version. So there is nothing more than whats written is the dev fix list. Thats why the last bug Sancho point me out isnt corrected yet. I will wait for him to show me the other one he found before updating again.

JakoDel

Jul 4, 2020
No doubt it's a good game but the Engrish, from a non native speaker, is quite appalling. I am moderately bad myself but yeah. I don't need much but at least the plural nouns and the "s" in verbs man.. study a bit and you'll surely get them right

Last edited:

Qalx

Sep 29, 2022
No doubt it's a good game but the Engrish, from a non native speaker, is quite appalling. I am moderately bad myself but yeah. I don't need much but at least the plural nouns and the "s" in verbs man.. study a bit and you'll surely get them right
Because you would know what are the effects of some apocalypse on English grammaire...

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Using the term "Engrish" is racist (specifically anti-Asian). Just describe things as "poorly translated" or "has poor grammar/spelling", etc.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
It's not THAT bad.

If you want proper Engrish, just looks at 90% of the games with the japanese game tag. Half of their dialogues makes no sense whatsoever, even when not done through MTL or equivalent.
There's been an increase in Spanish made game as well, and those, are some high level gems of Engirsh as well most of the time.
We won't even mention the massive amount of Russian made games in here, which for the largest part, nearly have a mistake in every single sentence.

So, no, this one ain't that bad.

4.40 star(s) 29 Votes