What do you thinks about sandbox in the games?

• I like

Votes: 59 65.6%
  • I dont like

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I have no opinion

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moosica

Dec 7, 2021
A quick word, if I may, on some of the opinions that have sparked passionate debates here. I’d love to dive deeper or respond to each of you individually, but I’d really like to get back to working on Chapter 3 now that the remake is finally done—haha.

I completely understand all your opinions and preferences. Based on it's own experience, everyone sees things differently. As I’ve mentioned before, there are as many paths a game’s development can take as there are players. I do take your feedback into account, even if sometimes it requires a bit of imagination to find the constructive elements in some of it :)

That being said, you should know that the remake exists for a great many reasons, most of which, frankly, have nothing to do with you guys. A simple example: the original code of the earlier version of Apocalypse Lovers was quite chaotic and amateurish. I was just starting out, and I admit, I did’t have much skills at the time, cause my personality leans more toward the 'tortured artist' than the 'cold and pragmatic coder'. So, I couldn't see myself continuing with Chapter 3 while struggling with such a messy and unstable Ren'Py-Python structure. For too long, the code felt like a leaky boat hull that I was trying to patch with duct tape. I decided to dry-dock the whole thing and rebuild the hull entirely, to sail toward new horizons with more confidence. It took time, but it was the time needed to keep the project from really sinking, haha.

Anyway, I won’t rehash all the details here—there’s an I wrote that explains everything well enough, I think. I’m sorry if the game in its current form doesn’t fully meet your expectations, or if you liked it but wanted to see more of one thing or another. But I’m always listening and trying to do my best while juggling the other aspects of my life. And I hope that, despite any frustrations, you still found the experience enjoyable and entertaining.
And for the question of translations, why can't we change languages in the options anymore when it is offered?
Please specify if it is a bug and if it will be corrected or if the translations are no longer on the agenda.

CHRIST11170

Oct 13, 2022
Message de l'auteur -Awake-

Languages aren't implemented yet. This is a framework to help translators (and myself), as I will be working on the French version right away.

trad fr
Les langues ne sont pas encore implémentées. Il s'agit d'un cadre pour aider les traducteurs (et moi-même), car je vais travailler immédiatement sur la version française.

Moosica

Dec 7, 2021
Message de l'auteur -Awake-

Languages aren't implemented yet. This is a framework to help translators (and myself), as I will be working on the French version right away.

trad fr
Les langues ne sont pas encore implémentées. Il s'agit d'un cadre pour aider les traducteurs (et moi-même), car je vais travailler immédiatement sur la version française.
Thanks for this information "CHRIST11170".

Reactions: pepiteaux12

Hans_

Aug 13, 2017
I could never support this dev.
The game ends at the exact same spot as in the last update a year ago.
There is no new content from the beginning to the end.
The renders don't look different.
So he have used a year to "optimizing the code".

Last edited:

R8d_X

Feb 8, 2024
Do you have a save before the bug?
I delete all game files after playing an update to save space so I don't know which save file is relevant, but I can give the saves if you want to sift through them.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bibifoc

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
I delete all game files after playing an update to save space so I don't know which save file is relevant, but I can give the saves if you want to sift through them.
Interesting. That's the only error of this type you got? Or you had something similar with a music_marker_temp keyword?

R8d_X

Feb 8, 2024
Interesting. That's the only error of this type you got? Or you had something similar with a music_marker_temp keyword?
Hmmm... I think that's the only issue - that I can remember. Early in the game I applied the crash fix you posted earlier so I was able to slide through that.

Reactions: Bibifoc

Jackie718

Jun 25, 2023
Unofficial Android Port of:

Apocalypse Lovers [Ep.1 Prologue v1.16]

MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My android port has an alternative save location, the save will remain intact when you uninstall the game so don't worry about starting over. And my port has a textbox opacity slider and text size slider and added change name to the main menu.

if you like my ports, consider buying me a cofee or as to motivate me and get me going to do more ports, and help me pay for mega storage, thanks
Is there chance to make an update to game

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Apocalypse Lovers [v1.25b] [Awake]

Hey, as you know, the remake of Apocalypse Lovers was released for those who want to properly prepare before the launch of Chapter 3. However, a few minor bugs had sneakily found their way into the code. If you’ve already played the remake and didn’t notice anything, that’s normal, as these bugs appeared very rarely. However, if you’re planning to play the remake soon, it is strongly recommended that you play the version with the fixes, which is version 1.25b!
Win/Linux/Mac:

Reactions: GamerDaddy

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Apocalypse Lovers [v1.25b] [Awake]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- -

Mac:
- -

zedascove

Jul 13, 2018
Can we get Jessica to be submissive enough but not too anxious in order to get her to drop the towel now? IIRC it was not possible in the last update.

Last edited:

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Oh shit, the update dropped?
I could never support this dev.
The game ends at the exact same spot as in the last update a year ago.
There is no new content from the beginning to the end.
The renders don't look different.
So he have used a year to "optimizing the code".
Oh no... So anyway

-Awake-

Apocalypse Lovers
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2021
Can we get Jessica to be submissive enough but not too anxious in order to get her to drop the towel now? IIRC it was not possible in the last update.
I think now you can at least get a quick peek with a brief towel drop if she’s relaxed enough at that moment, but the real towel drop happens a bit later during the medical exam scene. In any case, what’s certain is that now insisting on this no longer leads to an arbitrary game over like before in case of failure, but instead just increases her anxiety.

where is the chapter 2 in the walkthrough?
It's in the process of being written, sorry about that.

I get to the first room and can't find the hidden hotspot. Not only that but the text is way too small to read on my TV across the room which is how I play games.
I'm sorry to hear that the text settings or font style hindered your progress in the game. If you’re referring to the dialogue text in the main field at the bottom of the screen being too small, I want to let you know that one of the key improvements in this remake is the ability to fully customize the interface from the preferences menu in the 'Dialogue' section. This feature was specifically designed for players like you who want to increase text size, add highlighting, or adjust the background height and transparency. Everything is now highly customizable for a better experience.

!!! Notice to the populace !!!

If you get an error
Code:
KeyError: 'music_marker_temp'
or
Code:
KeyError: 'deb_sniff_house'
your save just before the bug would be greatly appreciated.
Thx for your attention
Any of you guys who will encounter that bug, please report it to me or Bibifoc. The 1.25b version of the game is clean and shouldn’t have this bug anymore, but we didn’t actually fix it, we worked around the issue. Although it’s very minor, we would have liked to understand it out of principle, so if any of you encounter it again, don’t forget that providing a save of your game just before it happens would help us a lot.

Why is there a semblance of decision-making if it doesn't affect anything anyway :unsure:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I wanted to illustrate the fact that the main character could choose to grant himself a quick death or be so overwhelmed by guilt that he would take his own life in the same way he did to her, by shooting himself in the throat instead of a simple shot to the head. This way, he doesn’t die instantly but suffocates in his own blood, deliberately paying the highest price for what he has just done to her.

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
Any of you guys who will encounter that bug, please report it to me or Bibifoc. The 1.25b version of the game is clean and shouldn’t have this bug anymore, but we didn’t actually fix it, we worked around the issue. Although it’s very minor, we would have liked to understand it out of principle, so if any of you encounter it again, don’t forget that providing a save of your game just before it happens would help us a lot.
i replayed ch2 and didnt get those errors again (odd) havent applied 1.25b yet

• Sad
Reactions: Bibifoc and -Awake-
4.30 star(s) 35 Votes