EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Not a question or nothing but I've just realized the map or the grid system or whatever is barely like 25 percent done I'm just realizing how much more content could actually be their and that's nuts to think about cause in my opinion theirs a good lot of content already
I think it's more than half already actually. I might reduce the map size a bit eventually though...

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Apocalypse [v0.5.1] EpicLust

Original Size Win/Linux: 1.66 GB
Original Size Mac: 1.65 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 590 MB
Compressed Size Mac: 573 MB

Win/Linux:
Mac:

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Now that Apocalypse V0.5.1 is public I will post some sample paths. The attached zip contains an Excel xlsx with 4 tabs:
- first tab, a lot of handy table about which girls can be found where, all quests, where the genie's stones are etc.
- path 5.0 and path 5.1 are simple continuations of my previous paths for V0.4.x
- path 5.1 new is a complete replay from scratch. It uses about 4 weeks less than the continuation 5.1 path
What does the 5.1 new path have?
- unlocks all available achievements
- starts and finishes all 21 missions/quest currently available
- gets all possbile girls into the harem (some are thrown out again to make room)
There is one thing wrong in the path. The dev changed the rules for when a fight with Michiko and Suki could appear. During testing I got one before I did the Suki fight quest. That is not possible anymore. The correct sequence for the Suki fight quest is:
- make sure you have at least 5 friendship points with Jake
- get the third tip from Marnie. It is about the upcoming fight.
- talk to Suki about the fight
- get the key from Jake on friday night. If you don't have at least 5 points with Jake he will not give it
- go to the bar on saturday night and watch the fight
I attached a pdf version only of the new path for viewing here or when you have no Excel available.
Edit: and it is still an RNG game, so different things can happen to you than in my sample paths. But the sequence of events for a single girl or quest is still correct. Meaning the events still have to play out in the same sequence even when they are on different days due to RNG.

Last edited:

EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
yes, you are right. I shouldn't post straight after work.
This particular Suki quest is probably the toughest to achieve so I certainly encourage everyone to carefully follow zapallbugs's guide or look a the Hints guide, section on Suki (near the end, there are actually now hints for each harem girl as to how to obtain lust points from them).

Reactions: dahobo

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
I see the guide by zapallbugs which looks like it took quite some effort to make. (y)

Do I need a guide/walkthrough for this game or does it has an in-game hint system?

Also: Can I actually "miss" events by not being at the right place at the right time or is it sandbox/free roam where, if I miss something one day, I can just do it the next day?

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
I see the guide by zapallbugs which looks like it took quite some effort to make. (y)

Do I need a guide/walkthrough for this game or does it has an in-game hint system?

Also: Can I actually "miss" events by not being at the right place at the right time or is it sandbox/free roam where, if I miss something one day, I can just do it the next day?
If you read carefully every dialogue you would get clues towards the general advancement for the story, there is an AI kinda thing in your Room to ask questions to, Siri, but she can't answer everything.. just general guidelines.
The download contains a Hint guide written by the Dev himself, even includes how to cheat though the Dev dislikes cheating.

You can in some rare cases miss out on stuff if you clear a Hex before getting everything from it, preventing you from exploring that Hex again.

Make tons of saves and read up on the Hint guide would be a good idea.
Can you play it without reading the guides? Yes, but you would most likely at some point get frustrated ;)

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
The download contains a Hint guide written by the Dev himself, even includes how to cheat though the Dev dislikes cheating.
(...)
Make tons of saves and read up on the Hint guide would be a good idea.
Can you play it without reading the guides? Yes, but you would most likely at some point get frustrated
Awww... that sounds not too good. I usually don't like and stay away from games that are meant to need a (not in-game) guide or walkthrough.
In my experience it's very often (not saying it is here, haven't played it yet) a sign of bad game design. Not to mention that constant task swapping to look at a guide is not really helping any immersion.
:unsure: Not sure yet if I'll take a look. :unsure:

But thanks for the answer. :)

Reactions: SomeoneX22

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018

The best is to use my sample paths that describe the sequence of events together with the hints guide written by the dev himself that contains text with the areas to explore and some more tables.

Most events you can't miss. But some you can, like the Suki fight quest. If you don't get the key from Jake and still go to the fight Suki is out of luck and loses. That also closes the quest as unsuccessfull. Also the time-driven events (the prisoner quest and the church quest) are lost when you don't complete them in the allotted three days.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
The best is to use my sample paths that describe the sequence of events together with the hints guide written by the dev himself that contains text with the areas to explore and some more tables.

Most events you can't miss. But some you can, like the Suki fight quest. If you don't get the key from Jake and still go to the fight Suki is out of luck and loses. That also closes the quest as unsuccessfull. Also the time-driven events (the prisoner quest and the church quest) are lost when you don't complete them in the allotted three days.
Thanks.

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
Awww... that sounds not too good. I usually don't like and stay away from games that are meant to need a (not in-game) guide or walkthrough.
In my experience it's very often (not saying it is here, haven't played it yet) a sign of bad game design. Not to mention that constant task swapping to look at a guide is not really helping any immersion.
:unsure: Not sure yet if I'll take a look. :unsure:

But thanks for the answer. :)
I understand not wanting to go back and forth between a game and a Walk through, however in this game your choices matters and will in some cases lock you out for certain paths/scenes/contents if not done in a certain way.

Some contents are true sandbox mode, there's also chance bases stuff so of course you can repeat those for a different result.

This makes it feel like an actual "game", so if you just want a visual novel then this would not be one for you ;)
I think the Dev likes the idea of players to actually think once in a while, which can be hard when the graphics and scenes are hot as hell (if being into such things). There's tons of humor too, so ya might wanna try it out just for a laugh or two?

If you try it out remember to save in different slots, you'' get the hang of it soon on when its a good idea to save.
In my opinion it's pretty well designed, though it does has it's flaws but what games doesn't?

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
however in this game your choices matters and will in some cases lock you out for certain paths/scenes/contents if not done in a certain way.
If for that you need a guide/walkthrough, then you see what I meant by bad game design. ;)

This makes it feel like an actual "game", so if you just want a visual novel then this would not be one for you ;)
I actually prefer sandbox games over VNs. I've been playing computer games since the late 80s and just 6 months ago discovered VNs. That's also the reason why I've seen tons of games that rely on guides/walkthroughs and these are always less fun than those that implement in-game solutions (hint/goal systems).

Edit/Addendum:
I think the Dev likes the idea of players to actually think once in a while
Then why a walkthrough/guide? That's the opposite of thinking, it's just working off a list. I absolutely agree that thinking + information in game should be enough to solve anything and proceed in a game.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 91 Votes