ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Err..why does MC look like Dorian Yates with a face of 8 year old? Not judging, just curious: are people really turned on by that sort of thing? ( I know the girls aren't exactly realistic either, but th

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
If for that you need a guide/walkthrough, then you see what I meant by bad game design. ;)

I actually prefer sandbox games over VNs. I've been playing computer games since the late 80s and just 6 months ago discovered VNs. That's also the reason why I've seen tons of games that rely on guides/walkthroughs and these are always less fun than those that implement in-game solutions (hint/goal systems).

Edit/Addendum:

Then why a walkthrough/guide? That's the opposite of thinking, it's just working off a list. I absolutely agree that thinking + information in game should be enough to solve anything and proceed in a game.
If you take a look at the forum pages and read the questions players keep repeating, then you get the idea of why guides are made, to lessen the burden of answering those same questions over and over.
If you look closely within this games thread pages, you will find out that the game dev actually spends a lot of his time answering on comments and questions to his game, even as this is a pirate site and most players in here are not Paying Patrons.

Heres a fun fact for you: Most people these days don't think or read before they speak or write.
You've spend 6 months in here you say? I've been here 3 years and in that time have read a lot of posts, lots of repeating questions. People doesn't bother much with the search function you see, well those who do we rarely hear from, because why ask when your questions are answered right in front of you?
However a lot do ask repeating questions, taking up time for other forum users who like to be helpful and in this case the game dev himself, because he actually gives a shit.
Time he could spend creating mind ya.. ;)

So yeah, that would be why there is a hint guide in the first place, to lessen that burden.

Back to the original topic of yours, should you try this game?
If you like the pictures shown on the OP, then Yes!
Give it a go, try playing without a WT if that's your preference style, see if you can get all the scenes with only your own wits, because it is possible. Some people like to figure out stuff for themselves, but not all do. It's impossible to make everyone happy. You can use the Hint guide in case you get stuck, that wouldn't be a lot of going back and forth to and from the game.

Personally, this is one of my favorite games by one of my favorite devs. I found his stuff in here, tried it out for free at first but quickly chose to become a paying supporter because, as already mentioned, he actually gives a shit about those who play his stuff.

A super detailed in game hint function wouldn't work completely for this game, as some choices has multiple outcomes.. as in you get a point for this thing but looses the scene or options for another thing. It's more complex than meets the eyes and actually quite clever in many ways.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
see if you can get all the scenes with only your own wits, because it is possible.
That's what I wanted to hear.
Let's hope that your earlier quote about frustration ("Can you play it without reading the guides? Yes, but you would most likely at some point get frustrated") is exaggerated.

Heres a fun fact for you: Most people these days don't think or read before they speak or write.
Funny sad 'cause it's true.

It's impossible to make everyone happy. You can use the Hint guide in case you get stuck, that wouldn't be a lot of going back and forth to and from the game.
That's true, can't make everybody happy. Actually looking at the hint book now, I think that it could be easily integrated into the game similar to the Civilopedia in the Civilization games (ping EpicLust). That would lessen the immersion break. Just a thought.

And about Patreon and actually paying, I'm absolutely with you. I'm supporting games as well, and if I was rich, I'd happily support dozens more.

Back to the original topic of yours, should you try this game?
If you like the pictures shown on the OP, then Yes!
Haha, I was more curious about the setting (love dystopian stuff) and the sandbox. Usually not into comically enlarged anatomy, but if everything else is good, I'm willing to broaden my horizons and try to accept the character models.

Thanks for your detailed answer and take care!

Last edited:
Reactions: DragonFire
Apr 13, 2019
For the guys talking about the walkthrough stuff I think you can choose what experience you want though cause their is a like straight up map like it tells you every choise to make down to a t so if you don't like that kinda stuff on the op theirs also just a hints books which gives you a bunch of info but that's it you still get to play the game yourself just with more knowlegede to you still play yourself if you would prefer that

Apr 13, 2019
How do you get faction points. I keep trying to get sierra points, but don't know how. Is there a faction guide?
Ths is everything I know so far but theirs probably other ways too

Church:Visit Sunday
Deep State: Shoot Trumpf
Sierra:Work Food Unit 3 Times
Road Warriors: Shoot 10 Camels(note this will also decrease sierre points so keep that in mind)
Trumpsters: Shoot Clinton

Reactions: Chill-E

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
Updated my gallery Unlocker for Apocolypse : Here or

P.S: if you like the game/mod please consider supporting the dev: EpicLust:

Apr 13, 2019
Yeah defiantly theirs a ton more ways but since you were asking about sierra I just remembered if you get queen apalos scepter back you get some sierre point and alos a sex scene so that's a plus

Reactions: Chill-E
Apr 13, 2019
Some preview pics for Apocalypse v0.5.1 available next month. So join us now on Patreon to get early access (no upfront charging, yo will only be charged on 1st November, but after, it's too late to join for that month...)

View attachment 870032 View attachment 870033 View attachment 870034 View attachment 870035 View attachment 870036 View attachment 870037 View attachment 870038 View attachment 870039 View attachment 870040
Jesus christ that looks amazing but uh.... Please tell me the science chick doesn't use that member in uh... A very not pleasant way for the MC

4.00 star(s) 91 Votes