caju

Oct 5, 2017
<div id="girl_face" style="background-image: url('images/game/doll/face.svg')"></div>
.SVG files are showing up as an Internet Explorer file rather than Chrome.
Changing "open with" to default to chrome rather than IE and restarting the game does not fix the issue

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
<div id="girl_face" style="background-image: url('images/game/doll/face.svg')"></div>
.SVG files are showing up as an Internet Explorer file rather than Chrome.
Changing "open with" to default to chrome rather than IE and restarting the game does not fix the issue
And doll body shows ok? Its also svg file. I will need to find a way to reproduce it somehow

Reactions: caju

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
For those w/o faces : Sure you grabbed the 27b zip file and extracted the html.. but did you first also get the vanilla 27 download, extract everything, then extracted the 27b html file?.. .Cause.. when i was testing the upcoming changes pulling directly from the git w/o the new graphics files before they were released (as those are not on the git) thats exactly what i was getting. So... I think people might have skipped the initial release w/ the graphics, and only got the updated html.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Problem wasn't before because before that, girl was just one gif image with face, boobs, etc.
Can you press on the girls face with right mouse button and inspect element? Then find a girl_face element and check where it shows to you?
Example:

Tried chrome, firefox, Edge, IE. Works on all four for me.
Hopefully this will get you to the issue. ** particularly the bottom**
Untitled.jpg

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
For those w/o faces : Sure you grabbed the 27b zip file and extracted the html.. but did you first also get the vanilla 27 download, extract everything, then extracted the 27b html file?.. .Cause.. when i was testing the upcoming changes pulling directly from the git w/o the new graphics files before they were released (as those are not on the git) thats exactly what i was getting. So... I think people might have skipped the initial release w/ the graphics, and only got the updated html.
Then they would have missing also body svg image and pretty much missing all images if they would open just patch files

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
Perfect. Want to join discord? Might be easier as wont need to spam here.
I suspect that maybe for some reason as z-index is not there, chrome somehow messes up the order.
Want you to try to add
Code:
z-index: 2;
to #girl_face element. End should look like this:
Code:
#girl_face {
    position: absolute;
    top: 28px;
    left: 45px;
    width: 20px;
    height: 16px;
    background-size: contain;
    z-index: 2;
}

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Perfect. Want to join discord? Might be easier as wont need to spam here.
I suspect that maybe for some reason as z-index is not there, chrome somehow messes up the order.
Want you to try to add
I have never joined discord.
I tried to add the code and it did not "appear" to work even on a new game.
You are way, way, way past my knowledge base at this point.
I am old and existed before html existed. It's going to be impossible to teach me to help you.
Sorry.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Well, that was my only hope. You can also try to press on that 2 and try to increase it (3-4-5, etc. Even write 9999) If that won't help, I am out of ideas as I can't reproduce it
I dont really need faces. Thats the only part I dont need.

*edit* 99 did not work

Reactions: ttyrke

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
I dont really need faces. Thats the only part I dont need.

*edit* 99 did not work
Since it got lost in the middle of the earlier posts.. im just going to reiterate that you might want to go grab the v27 original release, extract, then re-extract the v27b hmtl over top. I think you might just be missing files. Unless somehow your chrome install is damaged/bad/out-of-date. I tested briefly on chrome incog mode and firefox.. no issues with the faces with the right file set.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Since it got lost in the middle of the earlier posts.. im just going to reiterate that you might want to go grab the v27 original release, extract, then re-extract the v27b hmtl over top. I think you might just be missing files. Unless somehow your chrome install is damaged/bad/out-of-date. I tested briefly on chrome incog mode and firefox.. no issues with the faces with the right file set.
Yeah, I just glossed past your post because I first had .27 then 27a then 27b.
I am not 100% noob.
The files are all present and accounted for.
My normal process is to redownload if something is broken.
But, thanks for trying (y)
The .svg files are there and open on chrome just fine. They just dont open *in-game*

Reactions: coretex

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah, I just glossed past your post because I first had .27 then 27a then 27b.
I am not 100% noob.
The files are all present and accounted for.
My normal process is to redownload if something is broken.
But, thanks for trying (y)
The .svg files are there and open on chrome just fine. They just dont open *in-game*
Hmm might be addons then.
Save your game out to a file, open a chrome incognito window and load up the game and save from disk, and see.
Incog disables addons and anything that might mess with a given page. Thats about all i got to narrow down what the browser might be doing.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Hmm might be addons then.
Save your game out to a file, open a chrome incognito window and load up the game and save from disk, and see.
Incog disables addons and anything that might mess with a given page. Thats about all i got to narrow down what the browser might be doing.
It's interesting to see that it does work on firefox perfectly.
So it likely isnt my system that is causing it.
It is something unique to chrome but not add-ons or extensions since I use neither.
Doesnt work in incognito either.

Reactions: ttyrke
3.50 star(s) 33 Votes