khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Not sure if this is intended, but it's not the way blackjack normally works so I would assume it's a minor bug. Normally if the player gets blackjack they automatically win. The dealer's hand is irrelevant.

blackjack.jpg

nobody14789

Sep 28, 2019
Journal Day 963:

I've managed to stabilize the food situation (mostly). While I'm still consuming 42 more food than I'm able to produce even with seven guests with the gardener skill, with the remaining guests gathering wood plus six slaves working the streets I'm able to procure enough funds to keep buying food at Vincent's indefinitely. I can't keep growing my brood though, so I've had to stop with pregnancies'.

Relying on the streets to procure enough caps is a risky proposition though. I need at least 3/6 slaves to have a client daily or I'm in the red and need to supplement with my own effort (bounty hunting/wood gathering). And then there's the risk of the slaves dying on the streets, which happens far too often if you're not careful.

Really need someway to protect the working girls. Either hire guards, or build a brothel. Possibly both depending upon your stage in the game.

Reactions: ttyrke

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
Not sure if this is intended, but it's not the way blackjack normally works so I would assume it's a minor bug. Normally if the player gets blackjack they automatically win. The dealer's hand is irrelevant.

View attachment 2677376
Yes. It's intended. At least for now till I don't get strength to rewrite blackjack so I can use it/reuse it in any of my passages.
But will probably fix that after I do that.

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
Journal Day 963:

I've managed to stabilize the food situation (mostly). While I'm still consuming 42 more food than I'm able to produce even with seven guests with the gardener skill, with the remaining guests gathering wood plus six slaves working the streets I'm able to procure enough funds to keep buying food at Vincent's indefinitely. I can't keep growing my brood though, so I've had to stop with pregnancies'.

Relying on the streets to procure enough caps is a risky proposition though. I need at least 3/6 slaves to have a client daily or I'm in the red and need to supplement with my own effort (bounty hunting/wood gathering). And then there's the risk of the slaves dying on the streets, which happens far too often if you're not careful.

Really need someway to protect the working girls. Either hire guards, or build a brothel. Possibly both depending upon your stage in the game.
Thanks for you feedback! Specially about food. I got already complaints that food is an issue. Fast fix was increase greenhouse limit from 6/7. As for girls working on streeet. Probably in build 0.18 male slaves/guests will be added so at that point you'll be able either hire them or invite to live with you and assign them to the streets as guards.
That won't help in this case, if they live with you, they still will consume food so maybe I' ve to think about some kind of an greenhouse update.

Brothel is planned, but way way later in the stage

Reactions: GamerDaddy

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
Thanks for you feedback! Specially about food. I got already complaints that food is an issue. Fast fix was increase greenhouse limit from 6/7. As for girls working on streeet. Probably in build 0.18 male slaves/guests will be added so at that point you'll be able either hire them or invite to live with you and assign them to the streets as guards.
That won't help in this case, if they live with you, they still will consume food so maybe I' ve to think about some kind of an greenhouse update.

once able to make the males guards on the street. will we be able to get revenge on that mofo who hit us with a bat?

nobody14789

Sep 28, 2019

Think I've mentioned this before, but greenhouse upgrades on the workbench, allowing even more girls to work the farm.

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
Think I've mentioned this before, but greenhouse upgrades on the workbench, allowing even more girls to work the farm.
Already updated from 6 to 7 places. Don't want to give unlimited amount of places as that would mean, everyone would only grow food and that would be unlimited money.

Maybe in the future could even add "dry period" where also greenhouse doesn't grow any food for some period for struggle.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Is there a trick to the champaign party? I've done several of them with 3 slaves plus Blair and have tried both the extra champaign option and the submission option but it never gives an option to take it to the bedroom. Do you just have to keep doing it til you run out of champaign or is there something I'm missing? Blair, Rodger, and his wife all have maxed relationship. I killed the thugs that Octavia brought with her prior to that but she hasn't returned so far.

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
Is there a trick to the champaign party? I've done several of them with 3 slaves plus Blair and have tried both the extra champaign option and the submission option but it never gives an option to take it to the bedroom. Do you just have to keep doing it til you run out of champaign or is there something I'm missing? Blair, Rodger, and his wife all have maxed relationship. I killed the thugs that Octavia brought with her prior to that but she hasn't returned so far.
Check few posts above. Maybe you dont have any guests?

Reactions: khumak

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
Find a way to . Taking car batteries and daisy chaining them will act as an energy storage device, but you're going to need to generate power. A generator running on wood, gas or a diesel engine where you can make your own fuel is good, but the real payoff is using renewable energy by making your own wind turbine out of PVC pipes and a car alternator or scavenging some solar panels near a highway. When the events do take a turn for the worst, at least you'll be able to be productive at night and have some of the luxuries of your former life.
Having electricity in your safe house will keep the lights on and keep electronics running. Electricity is important to run power tools, welders, water/fuel pumps, radio equipment as well as charge any portable item or comfort item you may wish to use. It'll be a surprising source of morale, too.

Reactions: ttyrke

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
Find a way to . Taking car batteries and daisy chaining them will act as an energy storage device, but you're going to need to generate power. A generator running on wood, gas or a diesel engine where you can make your own fuel is good, but the real payoff is using renewable energy by making your own wind turbine out of PVC pipes and a car alternator or scavenging some solar panels near a highway. When the events do take a turn for the worst, at least you'll be able to be productive at night and have some of the luxuries of your former life.
Having electricity in your safe house will keep the lights on and keep electronics running. Electricity is important to run power tools, welders, water/fuel pumps, radio equipment as well as charge any portable item or comfort item you may wish to use. It'll be a surprising source of morale, too.
I was thinking something similar already but thought that would be too micro managament

3.50 star(s) 33 Votes