nobody14789

Sep 28, 2019
Yes. Need to keep in mind that for now there's also % how often random travelers want some stuff and how much they want to buy.
For example it's not 100% that each day shopkeeper will sell food. It's, 70% if I am not wrong.
Idea was that maybe to add some reputation not only to you, but also for your village, so if it gets more popular, you get more raids BUT also more travelers who want to buy your stuff and in bigger quantity.
I'll probably adjust those rates for next tech update to balance it out a bit.

(Start idea was that for food 70% is biggest chance that someone will buy because it's needed for everyone. Doubt much people would buy wood when they can gather it in forest themself, but I guess I'll need to increase that so at least when sold, it's with bigger quantity.
Some indication in morning report of sales/purchases would be a good thing. i.e. "<guestname> has bought/sold X <commodity> at the shop". Right now I'm playing guessing games if it's doing anything at all.

Reactions: ttyrke

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
Some indication in morning report of sales/purchases would be a good thing. i.e. "<guestname> has bought/sold X <commodity> at the shop". Right now I'm playing guessing games if it's doing anything at all.
Agree. Was thinking about that but didn't want to overspam the "morning messages".
Probably should add some kind of a setting where you can toggle what to show in morning maybe.
(Or maybe collapsed by groups and only main group (existing messages) stay open)

Netscape1964

Dec 22, 2018
whats this mean and how to do this part
then i let the rng run in slaveshop in the underground city.
thanks for the info on editing the html file btw i was trying everything doing F12 in the games console and by doing that i ran in to all kinds of errors and problems so now i did as ya suggested set mine to 70%
its the next part that im lost with can you explain?
basicly i just played the game normally. i went every day to the slave shop and looked through the slaves until i got a shopkeeper. when slaveshop closed still had time for one exploration in case i found a girl which would give me an otehr chance to get one that day.

Reactions: str8up and ttyrke

Netscape1964

Dec 22, 2018
whats this mean and how to do this part
then i let the rng run in slaveshop in the underground city.
thanks for the info on editing the html file btw i was trying everything doing F12 in the games console and by doing that i ran in to all kinds of errors and problems so now i did as ya suggested set mine to 70%
its the next part that im lost with can you explain?
as for the html edits, i usually do a few changes asside from that like tweeking the age range of the npcs, i usually also make it so the gardners get more bonus food production depending on their strength (tried to do it for wood too but they stopped deliverong for some reason, guess the system doesn't accept partial wood logs).

Reactions: str8up

Micktrinus

Oct 1, 2017
So, I've tried to use the directions to modify the game. I'm certain I followed all the instructions, but it doesn't work. I downoaded Nodejs and tried to run the command from the guide, but got an error that something was not recognized. I tried Google for the generic problem, but couldn't find anything that I could understand.

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
So, I've tried to use the directions to modify the game. I'm certain I followed all the instructions, but it doesn't work. I downoaded Nodejs and tried to run the command from the guide, but got an error that something was not recognized. I tried Google for the generic problem, but couldn't find anything that I could understand.
Can't tell more without full error message but sounds like system can't find node. Maybe node path is not set?

Micktrinus

Oct 1, 2017
Can't tell more without full error message but sounds like system can't find node. Maybe node path is not set?
When I type "- Twine>node searchActions.js" I get
'-' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
When I type "- Twine>node searchActions.js" I get
'-' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Where is your location location? Is your game really under folder "- Twine"? Look like path you're given is wrong. It should start with C:/ or whenever you game is

Micktrinus

Oct 1, 2017
Where is your location location? Is your game really under folder "- Twine"? Look like path you're given is wrong. It should start with C:/ or whenever you game is
So it should be something like C:\Users\(name)\Downloads\Apocalyptic World 0.19>node searchActions.js ?

Thanks for the help BTW

vostok5

Jun 27, 2020
As the currency balance is in here, right now the most profitable way to play the game seems to be Lumberjack simulator. As cutting wood with an axe and selling it is all you really need to do, it's way more profitable than the regular post-apocalyptic things you'd want to motivate the player to do, and much safer.

Taking a risk and exploring to find slaves to sell? They sell for like 25, you get more than that by cutting wood once. (I can't remember, but you should also be able to sell male slaves too) Become a pit fighter and make money that way? Maybe at higher ranks it's worth it, but as of right now cutting wood is way better.

Basically wood should trade 2:1, slaves/fights/prostitution should reward more credits, as I see it.
DUde what ? When the blackjack option is available in bar, you can get caps easily. just do 100caps bet, then bid lower then 21, and then, if you dont win, just rewerse, and again. Caps are no problem, you can make 3000 in a minute.

RosX

Aug 18, 2018
Hello everyone! I have a suggestion: Wouldn't it be better if the sexual traits were separated from the work traits and there could be both at the same time? After all, you can be into anal sex and still love gardening :)
Carrot or cucumber here, carrot and cucumber and (or) and there...

Last edited:

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
Hello everyone! I have a suggestion: Wouldn't it be better if the sexual traits were separated from the work traits and there could be both at the same time? After all, you can be into anal sex and still love gardening :)
Carrot or cucumber here, carrot and cucumber and (or) and there...
They dont need to seperated. Right now game already supports multiple traits. Just npc randomly generates only with one. If you max bj stats, they will get deepthroat trait. Not sure about anal but can add for next tech update

Reactions: GamerDaddy and RosX

RosX

Aug 18, 2018
They dont need to seperated. Right now game already supports multiple traits. Just npc randomly generates only with one. If you max bj stats, they will get deepthroat trait. Not sure about anal but can add for next tech update
Thanks for your attention and quick response. Good luck!

Reactions: ttyrke

Venyas

Jan 20, 2018
ttyrke
Got some ideeas you can implement if you want.
-right now the best way to get relationship with a girl is through fucking, we can keep that, but it would be nice to rush it a bit, a button like ''fuck till you cum'' to increase the sex speed would be decent qol I think. That, or shortcut the choice to keyboard, so rather then scroling down to pick, we would just have to press 2.
-another, less evil, way to get rid of extra kids. Keep the trader that comes and buys em for money, and maybe add an adoption (with the excuse of repopulation or whatever) to the priests camp.
-a way to train traits. There are many good slaves we come across that just feel like a waste if they dont have a trait. No need to make it easy or cheep, it could also be just a very rare event. (maybe randomly while gardening the npc aquires the gardener trait or smth)
-fallowing the ideea with the priests camp, we could also give them/send their way slaves/guests with high relationship/submission to increase the camp, or maybe add quests with him asking for strong npcs to protect the camp (would be a fallowup that makes sense after the raid thing they had).
-Dom buying well trained/beutifull slaves at a premium compared to the slave market.

3.50 star(s) 33 Votes