DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Well I tried this game but I feel so... lost.

From the changelog it seems to have quite a bit of content but I just don't know how to find it, I start the game and I'm in the house of the two goblins, the goblin girl with which I can max my relationship (but it still remains friends) and it seems most dialogue choices are still under development because I can only idle talk/idle flirt.

Even when I max the relationship with her nothing happens, on another point I go to find the goblin man in his laboratory and I find out that there is even a warning that it is incomplete.

So what am I supposed to do? just go out of the tutorial zone?. I just feel incredibly lost in this game.

To tell you the truth from an outsiders perspective I don't know what to do and even the tutorial zone is incomplete. I liked the character creation, well except the options for NSFW and SFW, it should just be an option about it and that's it.

For a new player to enjoy this game he would need a tiny "starting guide" about things to value, important items to have/find, where to go... in fact having a simple minimap would help a lot when you are moving, even if its just a few squares connected by a line and a symbol when there are stairs in that place.

On another point the game work seems to be mostly technical rather than content, on one point this is badass because it could create a great base for when it's more focused on content, but this is something that a player can't truly appreciate.

And I would totally seduce Hannah and cuck the goblin man.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
Well I tried this game but I feel so... lost. From the changelog it seems to have quite a bit of content but I just don't know how to find it, I start the game and I'm in the house of the two goblins, the goblin girl with which I can max my relationship (but it still remains friends) and it seems most dialogue choices are still under development because I can only idle talk/idle flirt. Even when I max the relationship with her nothing happens, on another point I go to find the goblin man in his laboratory and I find out that there is even a warning that it is incomplete.

I'm sorry you are feeling lost in it. At the moment I'm only working on the NPCs initial conversations (so all side conversations are being put on hold until I get at least two areas out and completed). But yes, you can idly chat/flirt with them both. At the moment only females can kiss Hannah if they have a Sexy/Sarcasm dominant Mood. That's as far as you can go with Hannah. As for Rold I'm currently working on the last scenario of the second choice during his initial conversations and then in the third choice scenarios you can have sex with him (as a female only) if you wish. Hopefully I'll have those completed in the next update or two. I'm hoping the Laboratory main section will be finished at that point as well.

You can also get kicked out of the house by them, attack them (sometimes killing them in certain scenarios) etc.

So what am I supposed to do? just go out of the tutorial zone?. I just feel incredibly lost in this game. To tell you the truth from an outsiders perspective I don't know what to do and even the tutorial zone is incomplete. I liked the character creation, well except the options for NSFW and SFW, it should just be an option about it and that's it.

The tutorial zone is made to give the player a sense of how to manipulate things in the game's world because once you reach the Whispering Thicket you are hell and gone on your own xD but that area was paused for the time being so I could finish up Rold, Hannah and Aaleahya whom you meet in the Withered Snag (tutorial zone). Were you able to get into the Study upstairs? Did you find a way into the Master Bedroom and complete the mini-puzzle there? Were you able to find and complete the second quest which is fixing the bathroom? There's a lot of hidden things throughout. Also, if you happen to land on a Halloween Day during starting there's a whole side event where you can meet Death essentially and then get transported to the Shroud where you can fight a bunch of legendary monsters. You can also find a sex toy and use that (among various other options) to Masturbate (depending on your dominant Mood etc).

I'm glad you liked the character creation! I'm hoping a lot of the future quests and interactions have the same amount of complexity ^-^

As for the NSFW and SFW those aren't just options---those are the starting dominant Moods. Each time you change your dominant Mood in the game via responses to things, wearing clothes etc you add different points to your dominant Mood which changes the way the game is written and presented.

For a new player to enjoy this game he would need a tiny "starting guide" about things to value, important items to have/find, where to go... in fact having a simple minimap would help a lot when you are moving, even if its just a few squares connected by a line and a symbol when there are stairs in that place.

There is a READ ME that comes with the game, at least the downloadable version), you should check it out. There's also a comprehensive Help Guide within the game if you click "Help" at the top, or you can type HG or Help Guide etc. Those might help you out a bit. As for a little map probably not. Using the in-game quest map takes up a good chunk of the top of the screen. Although I might be able to add an option of turning the map on and off. We'll see. I tried to explain exits with some detail in the text as well to clarify where you are in the house but if I need to clarify it more that can be done.

On another point the game work seems to be mostly technical rather than content, on one point this is badass because it could create a great base for when it's more focused on content, but this is something that a player can't truly appreciate.

That's kind of what I'm focusing on at the moment instead of pushing a bunch of empty rooms and meaningless content, haha. Most of the foundation systems are finally getting to the completion stage and then all I'll be doing is getting out new content and characters :) In the meantime, I'm just remastering content and working on the foundations.

And I would totally seduce Hannah and cuck the goblin man.

Glad to hear you like them! Hannah was the very first NPC I created and I learned a lot programming her and remastering her content. I made her initial conversation GIGANTIC in code but I think I went a little too much with her there which is why she doesn't have any sex scenes. So I scaled it back for Rold and now that I have my feet wet I know exactly how to handle Aaleahya as well who will be a little flame elemental companion who is currently the "Candle Girl".

Each NPC has preferences toward what they like as well---Hannah is Bisexual so girls kissing her is fine. But Rold is straight so female only sex with him. There will be some creatures in the Experimentation Cells that you'll be able to have sex with as well as both genders so that's something to look forward to. ^_^

If you have any questions about anything lemme know!

Anonynn.

Reactions: Wugga

Wrong_Hole_Baka

Jul 23, 2017
I've loved the concept and the little (but high quality) content so far.

I admire that you are focusing on the foundation mechanics of the game before making playable content. When I program, I'm always too eager to just jump into making the end product and all it results in is impossible to untangle spaghetti 2 weeks down the line.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
I've loved the concept and the little (but high quality) content so far.

Thank you so much for the compliment! I appreciate that! I've been working extremely hard to make the writing the best I can make it. The first two rooms (Waterhole and the Rolling Hills) are eventually (way way down the line) going to be redone in a different way that gives the player more choice on how they get to where the game is taking them; I figure multiple paths right in the beginning can set up different things about the story :) .

I admire that you are focusing on the foundation mechanics of the game before making playable content. When I program, I'm always too eager to just jump into making the end product and all it results in is impossible to untangle spaghetti 2 weeks down the line.

Yeah, that's essentially what I'm trying to avoid. I have the same urge all the time just to make new content because that's what everyone wants but without the base systems and creating a standard for myself the quality will be all over the place and all the content won't have any direction. I think most devs worry about getting content out and then they eventually hit a snag because that content has no substance or deviating paths and they realize it needs all these systems built in place for all their ideas and it just robs them of the fun. I'm doing the very, very boring task of getting those foundation systems built first with all the variety they'll need to hold over the player so that when I start pumping out content it'll be all I have to worry about; I'll know all the systems, I'll know all the variables I'll need to consider and it'll exponentially speed up new content without sacrificing quality.

It's taken a very long time too---2 years to remaster and put in all the base systems but hopefully it'll be worth the wait for people!

Anonynn.

treos

Oct 19, 2017
"I was not expecting a +"

"I was not expecting a %"

are you kidding me? i tried to save twice, the first time in the tutorial area which gave that + related error message before the save box appeared then later after leaving and heading south to the forest which gave both of these messages over and over about 5 times each in an alternating pattern before the save box appeared and after attempting to load either save it give the following message:

Please Choose From the List of Options Below.
Error running script: Error evaluating expression 'StringListItem(sublist, 1)' : StringListItem: index 1 is out of range for this list (1 items, last index is 0)
Load error: Cannot convert "False" to an integer for thin_white_blouse.multistate_status.int
Error running script: Error evaluating expression '"Load error: Cannot convert \"" + val + "\" to an integer for " + StringListItem(game.saveloadatts, pos)' : StringListItem: index 53 is out of range for this list (51 items, last index is 50)

had to add a space between the ")' :"'s as it was making an emote appear.

i suspect your save system is broken or something.

also, is this quest program made with java? cause i think those + and % error messages were java errors. i wasn't really paying much attention to them as i was trying to just get to the save stuff.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
"I was not expecting a +" "I was not expecting a %" are you kidding me? i tried to save twice, the first time in the tutorial area which gave that + related error message before the save box appeared then later after leaving and heading south to the forest which gave both of these messages over and over about 5 times each in an alternating pattern before the save box appeared and after attempting to load either save it give the following message: Please Choose From the List of Options Below.
Error running script: Error evaluating expression 'StringListItem(sublist, 1)' : StringListItem: index 1 is out of range for this list (1 items, last index is 0)
Load error: Cannot convert "False" to an integer for thin_white_blouse.multistate_status.int
Error running script: Error evaluating expression '"Load error: Cannot convert \"" + val + "\" to an integer for " + StringListItem(game.saveloadatts, pos)' : StringListItem: index 53 is out of range for this list (51 items, last index is 50) had to add a space between the ")' :"'s as it was making an emote appear.

The Save System is still in a very early stage of development (this is the second iteration). Quest isn't like Inform/Rags etc where only a certain number of variables need to be saved to create an output file. In Quest everything can be manipulated so in order to create a save every single variable of every room and object/essentially everything inside the game has to be saved whenever you click that button. My game is actually the only Quest game that uses it currently. Without that system, you'd have to start over with every single update---but with this save system if we can get it working properly you'll be able to pass a save from one update to the next :)

Are you using the Online Version? Because it's been acting up as of late. I've actually considered stopping the release of the online version simply because it just can't compare to the downloadable version and something always seems to crop up with it. If you are playing the downloadable version than that's definitely something that needs to be addressed. I apologize for the inconvenience regarding that! >.<

also, is this quest program made with java? cause i think those + and % error messages were java errors. i wasn't really paying much attention to them as i was trying to just get to the save stuff.

Quest is made with a number of different programming languages. The underlying code is C# mostly, some VB for the interface. Data is stored as XML. High level code in its own langauge, which is "C-like", though uses = for equality, rather than ==. The interface uses JavaScript with JQuery.

If you have any other questions about anything at all regarding the game or saves please let me know :) And thank you for the bug report!

Anonynn.

treos

Oct 19, 2017
"I was not expecting a +" "I was not expecting a %" are you kidding me? i tried to save twice, the first time in the tutorial area which gave that + related error message before the save box appeared then later after leaving and heading south to the forest which gave both of these messages over and over about 5 times each in an alternating pattern before the save box appeared and after attempting to load either save it give the following message: Please Choose From the List of Options Below.
Error running script: Error evaluating expression '"Load error: Cannot convert \"" + val + "\" to an integer for " + StringListItem(game.saveloadatts, pos)' : StringListItem: index 53 is out of range for this list (51 items, last index is 50) had to add a space between the ")' :"'s as it was making an emote appear.

The Save System is still in a very early stage of development (this is the second iteration). Quest isn't like Inform/Rags etc where only a certain number of variables need to be saved to create an output file. In Quest everything can be manipulated so in order to create a save every single variable of every room and object/essentially everything inside the game has to be saved whenever you click that button. My game is actually the only Quest game that uses it currently. Without that system, you'd have to start over with every single update---but with this save system if we can get it working properly you'll be able to pass a save from one update to the next :)

Are you using the Online Version? Because it's been acting up as of late. I've actually considered stopping the release of the online version simply because it just can't compare to the downloadable version and something always seems to crop up with it. If you are playing the downloadable version than that's definitely something that needs to be addressed. I apologize for the inconvenience regarding that! >.<

Quest is made with a number of different programming languages. The underlying code is C# mostly, some VB for the interface. Data is stored as XML. High level code in its own langauge, which is "C-like", though uses = for equality, rather than ==. The interface uses JavaScript with JQuery.

If you have any other questions about anything at all regarding the game or saves please let me know :) And thank you for the bug report!

Anonynn.
downloadable version from this thread actually. and that sounds unusual...i know next to nothing about programming myself but that sounds rather complicated using multiple programming languages for one game like that.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
downloadable version from this thread actually. and that sounds unusual...i know next to nothing about programming myself but that sounds rather complicated using multiple programming languages for one game like that.

Darn it all. Thanks for the report! You don't happen to have the save file code do you? And yes, it can be very complicated but at the same time that just means more flexibility as well!

Anonynn.

moudy

Mar 2, 2017
Saw this game and decided to give it a try and downloaded it, seeing as it was an HTML game. Got an error message because I don't have Quest much to my surprise so I decided to check further.
-First noticed that it is not a HTML game (as stated on the top) but a Quest game. Please fix the game tag as Quest (or Other) instead of HTML. Especially seeing as this is after all a Quest game that requires a certain program to run on instead of in browser mode.
-Then I read the Genres to see if it was worth the trouble to install and saw the tags F2M, Involuntary and M2F. So do you start as male and transform into woman or the other way around?
-Thirdly I see M/F, F/F, M/M and Voluntary so that only raises further questions. Is all the sex voluntary or is that tag for the transformation? If so, is the M/M involuntary?

Usually I give these games the benefit of the doubt and try them but now I have more question than answers, some of these tags are interesting while others are a big no no.
So overall I'm gonna delete it and avoid it without even playing one second of the game. Good luck on your game.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
Saw this game and decided to give it a try and downloaded it, seeing as it was an HTML game. Got an error message because I don't have Quest much to my surprise so I decided to check further. First noticed that it is not a HTML game (as stated on the top) but a Quest game. Please fix the game tag as Quest (or Other) instead of HTML. Especially seeing as this is after all a Quest game that requires a certain program to run on instead of in browser mode.

Hello! Sorry, I've put in a request to have it changed :) I set up the initial REQ message but it was changed when it was transferred to the Games Forum by an admin! I apologize about the confusion. But yes, there is an HTML version but it has to be played from the Quest Website. The downloadable version is the most stable however, you'll need the Quest Engine installed to play it though. The installer is within the zip file if needed.

UPDATE: It's been changed :)

Then I read the Genres to see if it was worth the trouble to install and saw the tags F2M, Involuntary and M2F. So do you start as male and transform into woman or the other way around?

No, there is an in-depth character creator in which you choose your gender. There are no mandatory transformations in the game.

Thirdly I see M/F, F/F, M/M and Voluntary so that only raises further questions. Is all the sex voluntary or is that tag for the transformation? If so, is the M/M involuntary?

M/F, F/F and M/M are all based on your sexual orientation that you choose in the character creator. Orientations ARE malleable but only if you are doing things against your set orientation. As in, if you're a straight female and you preform a bunch of lesbian acts than you might slowly change yourself to be bi-curious or bisexual and if it persists enough than homosexual.

Usually I give these games the benefit of the doubt and try them but now I have more question than answers, some of these tags are interesting while others are a big no no. So overall I'm gonna delete it and avoid it without even playing one second of the game. Good luck on your game.

That's your choice :) If you change your mind and decide to give it a shot and happen to have questions before you do, just let me know and I'll be happy to respond to you. Thanks for taking the time to leave your questions.

Anonynn.

treos

Oct 19, 2017

Darn it all. Thanks for the report! You don't happen to have the save file code do you? And yes, it can be very complicated but at the same time that just means more flexibility as well!

Anonynn.

uh...oops. well, i didn't delete the game after that so i can try again real quick to test and if it gives any of those errors this time i'll paste add it as an attachment. let's see... huh, don't seem to be getting any errors this time. well, i'll let you know if i do.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
uh...oops. well, i didn't delete the game after that so i can try again real quick to test and if it gives any of those errors this time i'll paste add it as an attachment. let's see... huh, don't seem to be getting any errors this time. well, i'll let you know if i do.

No worries! It just helps when I have the save code to test. Glad it's working fine this time though! I wonder if that means there is a certain item causing problems. Thanks! :D

Anonynn.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
@Anonynn is pregnancy implemented ?

Yup and so is Lactation; both are fully implemented. Pregnancy has 260,000 words, so all the messages will always be different, especially between first-time pregnancy and additional pregnancy. The system accounts for all 21 races as well and single, twins, triplets and quadruplets and takes a certain number of turns depending on Fertility (500, 1000, 1500, 2000 turns). ^_^ The only way to currently get pregnant in the game right now though is the pregnancy dildo that's in the Cache in the beginning. Getting pregnant via another character is coming very, very soon.

Anonynn.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
how do i play this i am where it says create character load character premade character

If you are having trouble clicking some of the choices then I recommend redownloading the game, or unzipping a fresh copy again. One other person has had similar problems and that's what fixed it for them. Is that what the problem is?

Anonynn.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
AMS v0.96A (PTB) is LIVE!

Check it out and leave reviews/comments ^___^ Thank you!

Blog Link:
And you can donate here if you like it!
Public Discord:

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
Please add tags:
male protagonist, female protagonist, lesbian, gay, fantasy, monster, monster girl

Thanks!

I finally figured it out :p

Reactions: totallynotme
1.90 star(s) 7 Votes