4.20 star(s) 92 Votes

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Was it an actual virus or a false Positive?? I kept telling AVG that it was wrong and instructed it to add the file to exceptions?? Don't tell me I just authorised a virus to run riot over my PC
As I understand, there was some kind of investigation about it by the mods, but results don't seem to be posted. So I'm guessing that it was a false positive.
However, I'm sure that everyone would like to see actual results from Virustotal and in case anyone else pops up with "There is a virus!", you could point him there.

So. Would. Any. One. Of. You. Please. Do. This: https://f95zone.to/threads/areas-of-gray-v1-0-beta-notvil.17069/post-4172153

Reactions: OzBrit

throd33

May 15, 2018
Geez...
Would at least one of you guys upload the suspected executable file to and post a link to the results here?
So we could put this BS to bed.

I'm not going to download over 2GB of data of a game I'm not interested about, just to upload a few executables to Virustotal.

• Love
Reactions: Penfold Mole

BigBrotherrrr

Aug 28, 2017
Geez...
Would at least one of you guys upload the suspected executable file to and post a link to the results here?
So we could put this BS to bed.

I'm not going to download over 2GB of data of a game I'm not interested about, just to upload a few executables to Virustotal.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's funny, because it says that Kaspersky didn't detect anything, but my Kaspersky did detect a virus.

Jun 5, 2018
hmmm even if I upload the ex file the s day one to virustotal it did show it has a virus on it sorry notvil you have to deal with this but hey i understand you can find a way to fix it someday I can wait

Vis117

Sep 22, 2019
Just finished playing the new update, and damn its great. NOTvil is a fucking legend. Great content this update, something for everyone except maybe the wife hah. when is she getting back in? is she?
The animations are damn smooth. Also the atmosphere is stellar as always.
I wouldn't be surprised if the wife is gone, and has been turned into an android or something similar. She was freaking out at her "hotel" as well on the last call they had.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Thank you very much!

It's funny, because it says that Kaspersky didn't detect anything, but my Kaspersky did detect a virus.
Thanks! Could you post a link - the address in the address bar instead of the image, please? It would be a lot more informative.

Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
Looking at that output, it looks like a heuristic false positive. Either the executible was compiled with a compiler frequently used for viruses (which can set off heuristic scanners) or has some other trait similar.

If none of the AVs flagged it concretely with an identified and confirmed virus, I'd say it's almost certainly a false positive. And BitDefender does have a bit of a rep for being a bit trigger happy with the false positives.

X_shade

Aug 6, 2019
So between mega link from yday and the link from updated version there was something different.

This is from the link of the updated topic that was "Last edited by a moderator: Today at 5:19 PM"
Untitled-1.png

The one from yesterday had 4 exe files total just like the 0.9 version
Untitled-2.png Untitled-3.png

So its quite possible the dood posted the link towards mega to be something suspicious.

Also i managed to get that one scene that didnt appeared in replay:
Just replayed whole DAYs

txtBild

Feb 23, 2019
Was it an actual virus or a false Positive?? I kept telling AVG that it was wrong and instructed it to add the file to exceptions?? Don't tell me I just authorised a virus to run riot over my PC
get rid of AVG and get yourself a better and more secure (free) software
big security concerns and they are selling your data

X_shade

Aug 6, 2019
i would try downloading it again from previous link but its gone wonder why :D

Also for those who didnt got that missing scene. Here u go.

Reactions: Jeancul

Catoblepas

Feb 9, 2017
[anecdote] Windows 10 Defender didn't find anything, nor did a fully updated ESET NOD32, and I left this running (yesterday's version) for several hours in the background. When I dig into the cleanup for the Johnnie trojan, there aren't any of the telltale signs. Everything looks clean. Active scans against those bits today show nothing for the above 2 engines.

HOT update too. But just in case that system is isolated today until I can run a full scan.

This has happened before with this game, btw, and it was a false positive back then. [/anecdote]

Reactions: Haren

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
sure:
Thanks again!

Looking at that output, it looks like a heuristic false positive. Either the executible was compiled with a compiler frequently used for viruses (which can set off heuristic scanners) or has some other trait similar.

If none of the AVs flagged it concretely with an identified and confirmed virus, I'd say it's almost certainly a false positive. And BitDefender does have a bit of a rep for being a bit trigger happy with the false positives.
Exactly what I was going to say about it. It would also explain the false positive of the Kaspersky AV BigBrotherrrr mentioned.
Inconsistent results of the heuristic scanners.

Areas if GREY.exe also seems to contact with several Microsoft-related addresses. I'm not sure why, possibly because of the engine or libraries used (I don't even know what kind of engine it uses).
It may be one of the reasons of being even more suspicious for some heuristic engines.

4.20 star(s) 92 Votes