4.20 star(s) 92 Votes

Whynot1

Sep 28, 2018
Same difficulties. I downloaded from all the sites and AVAST founded all the .exe infected : win32:Malware-gen. Please correct and change the file to dowload. Thanks in advance

Reactions: Elric0-

MangoTree

Apr 27, 2017
hey guys my kaspersky detected heur:trojan-spy.win32.keylogger.gen in days.exe. is that a false positive? never happened on any other game i've downloaded from here so i don't know. Figured i'll ask someone here, i searched keylogger on this thread and nothing popped up.

Tried to disinfect with kaspersky but it freezed and my fan started running so loud. panicked and removed the game [fan went back to normal and kaspersky went quite]. I read a post here saying that kaspersky overreacts? Oh i tried running the game yesterday, the loading was slow so i went offline and disabled kaspersky and it ran fine after that. I just got the keylogger pop up now though.

Last edited:

MiranGT

Jul 25, 2017
hey guys my kaspersky detected heur:trojan-spy.win32.keylogger.gen in days.exe. is that a false positive? never happened on any other game i've downloaded from here so i don't know. Figured i'll ask someone here, i searched keylogger on this thread and nothing popped up.

Tried to disinfect with kaspersky but it freezed and my fan started running so loud. panicked and removed the game, never had that happen before. I read a post here saying that kaspersky overreacts? really strange, haven't experienced a reaction like this from an antivirus interaction and been using kaspersky for years now.

Oh i tried running the game yesterday, the loading was slow so i went offline and disabled kaspersky and it ran fine after that. I just got the keylogger pop up now though.
Ive almost the same in three "exe". Waiting for fix this.

Jan 9, 2019
There does seem to be a problem with the files. The repeated "loading" is due to antivirus activity. Are you sure you are using clean programs to make it (I don't know which engine is this)? you might have an infected pirated version of some program or a program from a sketchy source, NotVil should probably scan all his tools with a legit antivirus like Kaspersky. It would make no sense for him to intentionally do this.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Two of the 1.0 Beta executables have some hits that claim either keylogger or generic malware:

The other is probably similar, but the website above cannot offer such a scan because of its size.

Are these false positives? I think so and have played the game with process+network monitors to check where it's going - seems to be a typical Fusion game at this time. This isn't an endorsement and you may not agree.

If there is a keylogger, then you should see evidence that keystroke/screen information is being stored and/or transmitted somewhere. So, feel free to check which files this process is creating/updating and if it attempts to go online.

I don't think that the Dev can offer another version which scans better than this at the moment - it's going to take more time and trust built up with these executables for the remaining positive engines to show up as clear, IMHO.

YMMV and as always, make your own decision: play in a sandbox (e.g., Oracle VirtualBox) or on a spare system, make an exception for just these executables in your local antivirus tool but also clamp down on the firewall, etc. Don't turn off your AV to run anything - only go as far as exceptions.

MangoTree

Apr 27, 2017
Two of the 1.0 Beta executables have some hits that claim either keylogger or generic malware
Hi, thanks for the explanation. I tried scanning the game on kaspersky after the keylogger notification. It freezed my antivirus though, so i removed the game and did a full scan, nothing turned up then and kaspersky started acting normal again. I also scanned with malwarebytes and nothing turned up. Does this mean my system is clean? or can a virus still be hiding somewhere? i did turn off my av and go offline to try the game initially, think that was my mistake now, not going to do that again. I never experienced this with any game on this site, so it kinda caught me by surprise.

Sorry i'm not familiar with how to look for viruses apart from using antivirus scans, do i need to do something else to be sure my systems clean? any suggestions? thanks.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Hi, thanks for the explanation. I tried scanning the game on kaspersky after the keylogger notification. It freezed my antivirus though, so i removed the game and did a full scan, nothing turned up then and kaspersky started acting normal again. I also scanned with malwarebytes and nothing turned up. Does this mean my system is clean? or can a virus still be hiding somewhere? i did turn off my av and go offline to try the game initially, think that was my mistake now, not going to do that again. I never experienced this with any game on this site, so it kinda caught me by surprise.

Sorry i'm not familiar with how to look for viruses apart from using antivirus scans, do i need to do something else to be sure my systems clean? any suggestions? thanks.
Your system sounds clean from the perspective of those two apps - different apps will have their own reactions to conditions in your computer. As mentioned in my post, this was likely a false positive and you can tell your AV program to ignore or create an exception for the AOG executables it calls out, if you feel it's safe - I don't need to do that because my AV programs already scan AOG and detect no problems.

Reactions: MangoTree
Jan 9, 2019
The problem is that, even if the problem is harmless, it's affecting a lot of people. This is not just a generic false positive that can be ignored. Even antivirus like Kaspersky are affected by it, and it rarely falls for false positives (to be clear, Kaspersky freezes repeatedly analyzing the files, hence the constant loading times, possibly trying to fix it but failing). This should be fixed in my opinion, it's affecting quite a lot of people judging by the last pages.

Last edited:

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
The problem is that, even if the problem is harmless, it's affecting a lot of people. This is not just a generic false positive that can be ignored. Even antivirus like Kaspersky are affected by it, and it rarely falls for false positives (to be clear, Kaspersky freezes repeatedly analyzing the files, hence the constant loading times, possibly trying to fix it but failing). This should be fixed in my opinion, it's affecting quite a lot of people judging by the last pages.
There are Ren'Py games that pick up false positives because they are using later builds of that platform and are still not "trusted" by some engines for their newer characteristics yet - even others trip false positives because merely a custom icon was used in the game build.

That is, there's not always much a Dev can do but live with it because the platform they are using is the culprit - demanding they clean up scans across all AV engines isn't something reasonably in their control in many cases. That appears to be the situation here, but as always each player must choose for themselves.

Pcdump

Game player
Donor
Mar 21, 2019
I copied the .exe file from ver. 0.9 beta en paste it in the ver 1.0 game directory en it's start whit no virus.

zetta216

Oct 4, 2018
Does anyone have a working executable for new version? I downloaded and mine won't play even if I turn off my antivirus, which I was quite hesitant to do. Love the game but if I can't play it then I'll just move on.

Pcdump

Game player
Donor
Mar 21, 2019
Does anyone have a working executable for new version? I downloaded and mine won't play even if I turn off my antivirus, which I was quite hesitant to do. Love the game but if I can't play it then I'll just move on.
Look above your quest. take exe from ver. 0.9

4.20 star(s) 92 Votes