valaid

Nov 6, 2019
but, what is going to happen?, the project has already been working on the project for a long time, it was already planned for 2021 in steam, people are already getting tired and their contributions are likely to be withdrawn, it is unfortunate that this happens since this game has potential

Wrenfield

Oct 6, 2017
I mean, what's going to happen is the same thing that's been happening thus far; a whole lot of nothing in all likelihood.

jams666

Dec 10, 2021
Remember when they said this game will be complete in 2020? and people here a few months ago said before Christmas last year? :LOL:

D4llaas

Sep 11, 2018
copy paste for arenus news today

Hey folks!

Today we're posting a FAQ (frequently asked questions) with a lot of questions you folks probably have. None of this corporate talk.
Q: When will Arenus finally be released?
A: We can't give you folks an exact day yet, we don't want to break another promise and this is the easiest way to guarantee that. We're working hard and we're aware that those delays damage our reputation. It's a bad situation for everyone, but I believe a rushed game would be worse.
Q: Is there a chance that Arenus won't get released?
A: No! So many people invested years of their lifes to get the game where it is now. We're in a state where we focus hard on Arenus, knowing that our Patreon suffers while we do so. It's stressful and a bit scary, but we're this eager to finally finish the game.

Q: Why the delays? What went wrong?
A: There's two pillars in Arenus that caused a "developement hell". Having three different Gladiators which results in having to create three versions of the same game, and Arenus being a triple-genre game: Story or Visual-Novel/RPG and Management. Balancing the game was a ton of work. Gameplay loops were reworked, removed and added over and over. Of course there's other things such as: Bugs, The desire to add new stuff to improve the game and limitations from the engine. I also had a few hard phases caused by this and was pretty burned out.
Q: How long will Arenus be?
A: We're estimating a playtime between 25 and 40 hours for a single playthrough right now. The game has massive replayability due to the three gladiators, two choosable genders and story decisions.
Q: Will Arenus be "Censored"?
A: Nope. Arenus is a passion game. The version we release will be exactly how we imagined it. We even declined offers from NSFW Publishers the moment we realized that they want to change parts of the game. Arenus is created and published by us.
Q: How "Kinky" will Arenus be?
A: Same as Roundscape. It depends on you: Arenus can be a Harem Game where you try to romance all the NPCs. It can be a Romance Game, with just you and your Gladiator. It can also be a depraved NSFW Game with lots of exotic scenes.

Q: What will happen after the release?
A: That depends on you. If you folks like the game, which we hope, we'll likely produce more content for Arenus. But what you can also expect is a massive Roundscape update, the final chapter and a final sunshade update. For what happens after all this? There's two things I can guarantee: Arenus will be the last time we'll use RPG Maker and it will be the last project where we have a "single release" schedule. We'll return to monthly updates as it was before.
Q: Please stop working on more than one game at a time.
A: I promise, we will.

Thank you for your support and trust, if you have any questions leave them in the comments and i'll answer them as best as I can.
- Kaliyo

Wrenfield

Oct 6, 2017
"It can also be a depraved NSFW Game with lots of exotic scenes." Implying the other routes won't have lots of exotic/erotic scenes?

Experimantal

Feb 2, 2018
Something like "I'm soooo angry at you now but please accept this fetch quest and I forget about it"? I wouldn't be surprised. :cautious:
With the statement "...influence dialogues" I wouldn't even expect the fetch quest. Probably more like one or two lines of text in a scene, then never brought up again.
Let just say this, taken from Dev discord

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: kark
3.20 star(s) 36 Votes