4.20 star(s) 19 Votes

Lurker1001

Oct 8, 2020
There are rumours that he is a scammer who passed away several times before under different names. But frankly, I myself don't see why he'd want to do that. I just can't picture how that would serve him in any way. It's more likely that, if he's still alive, personal matters or issues are keeping him from working on those games.

It's a pity though that several of those VN's never will get finished. They looked so promising but we never get to play them out 'till the end.
His reputation precedes him, he loses subscribers and fakes his death in order to start up again as a "new game developer" with all the good will and excuses that come with that and then continues the cycle.
He lost 40% of his revenue according to his post as Naykid, and then... died?

Reactions: MAD6999

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
Without meaning to imply if I believe it or not, I don't see why a developer would do that. What woulde he have to gain by it?

Unless he works himself up to the point of a burn-out and then quits, only to be more confident later on to start a new project. I can't picture any financial gain from it. In fact, it keeps him from building a reputation as a game developer.

Hopefully, if it's true, and he gets to read this post, he'll reconsider doing it.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
In fact, it keeps him from building a reputation as a game developer.
That's exactly why they do it though. What's worse, a reputation as a game dev who lied about their identity to milk multiple game's user base at the same before running themself thin and abandoning multiple projects, or no reputation at all?

Reactions: MAD6999

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
There are rumours that he is a scammer who passed away several times before under different names. But frankly, I myself don't see why he'd want to do that. I just can't picture how that would serve him in any way. It's more likely that, if he's still alive, personal matters or issues are keeping him from working on those games.

It's a pity though that several of those VN's never will get finished. They looked so promising but we never get to play them out 'till the end.
sounds a bit like the dev from silphine

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
I found the game MYSTIC VALLEY and there is one character similar to the character from Arizona
Many of these games use models and assets that are purchased externally. So yeah, when you played enough Ren'Py games, you'll find the same characters featuring in several games, albeit in different roles.

Reactions: damnedfrog

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
There musn't a remake... this VN has everything it shuld and looks ggod!
Sadly it stops with a very annoying cliffhanger :cry:

Someone should get up to continue this story - maybe as an inofficial "Season 2"?
I'd pay for that!
I am with you on that. This game single handedly changed my perspective on intra family love relationship.

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
There musn't a remake... this VN has everything it shuld and looks ggod!
Sadly it stops with a very annoying cliffhanger :cry:

Someone should get up to continue this story - maybe as an inofficial "Season 2"?
I'd pay for that!
There are actually two remakes that pretty much follow the same scenario: Project SAGE and "Primal Desires", which in turn was started to be remade in Lustful Instincts when it got abandoned.

But personally, I find "Arizona Unbridled" having the prettiest artwork of those three.

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
Project Sage was started years before Arizona, it's hardly a remake
Ah, then I should' ve called AB a spin-off or, if worse, a rip-off.

But then again, there's more such games out there. exhibitionism just happens to be a popular fetish.

gunnarweibrink

Nov 4, 2023
But then again, there's more such games out there. exhibitionism just happens to be a popular fetish.
Yeah, there should be more such games, but there are very few of them.
Like Sunville or Naughty Lyanna - and thx4advice to Project Sage.
(already know the latter, but it's good for a replay soon ;-)

4.20 star(s) 19 Votes