Mr Jj

Mar 16, 2022
ChubbyCat was really soft with Darks but man it takes a few minutes to read the treath and know that this man has been doing a really good translation before you. And if you want to upload your own that's fine but at least have a little self awarness to realize that maybe you shouldn't submit a half-assed translation that doesn't even works cuz the games is broken. I know it must be frustrating to spend propably a whole week doing the translation but man. I'm sorry to be the one to say it but if your translation is trash it's just trash, be a grown man and deal with it.

danadana

Aug 5, 2023
ChubbyCat was really soft with Darks but man it takes a few minutes to read the treath and know that this man has been doing a really good translation before you. And if you want to upload your own that's fine but at least have a little self awarness to realize that maybe you shouldn't submit a half-assed translation that doesn't even works cuz the games is broken. I know it must be frustrating to spend propably a whole week doing the translation but man. I'm sorry to be the one to say it but if your translation is trash it's just trash, be a grown man and deal with it.
The problem is not the translation, the problem is that it almost made Chubby Cat leave the project. Imagine our hell when he was about to finish since he only has the pink haired scenes left to translate.

Come on, there are projects and games abandoned halfway finished or untranslated, you have an ocean of them and the guy just choose the project that someone else is translating.

Last edited:

Larqued

Sep 11, 2023
You know what? I'll finish my current project for now since it's 90% complete. I'm so disappointed after someone just came out of nowhere with no announcement before and started to share his half-baked translation. If you want to translate a game, at least make sure it works beforehand. There's no plan to translate any future Gaptax games after I finish with my current translation. I'm so fed up with this shit.
Thank you for your work man, much appreciated. Please don't let that guy ruins your day

villhadig

May 20, 2018
Maybe this site needs some system in place to prevent shit like this happening in the future. ChubbyCat obviously is a passionate person translating the work and has been around for a while, people like that should have some kind of protection or something.

Someone like Darks1de, with no site presence whatsoever, shouldn't be able to just jump in in like that and post this terrible crap which discourages the actual translators. Should be ground for a good couple months of ban to be honest.

I really hope that ChubbyCat recovers in the end, they don't deserve none of this.

1eyed1

Aug 22, 2016
bobs fine he uploads and helps a tone of games stay up to date its not like he can full play every update and all he had was someone saying they had a full translation of the dlc. he probs works on over 30 threads a day so fuck off with blaming him when hes the reason we get updates quick on so many threads, the site removed the update in like 30 min anyways. it's not his fault darks1de is a little fuck he updates the threads with what he see
He should still have verified that it work with more than a "trust me bro" from some guy who has barely posted and hasn't posted at all in the thread.

Someone like Darks1de, with no site presence whatsoever, shouldn't be able to just jump in in like that and post this terrible crap which discourages the actual translators. Should be ground for a good couple months of ban to be honest.
I agree with this sentiment, someone with no rep and no presence should have been more harshly scrutinized before updating the game thread. This time it was just a nonfunctional shit translation but he could have put anything in that file and with the quality of what was uploaded I am not confidant to say the uploader would have caught it. If some one with rep says it work trust me bro then sure believe them, but when a complete unknown says it do some due diligence.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: BangB420

flibbety_jibbet

May 29, 2019
Maybe this site needs some system in place to prevent shit like this happening in the future. ChubbyCat obviously is a passionate person translating the work and has been around for a while, people like that should have some kind of protection or something.

I really hope that ChubbyCat recovers in the end, they don't deserve none of this.
:rolleyes:
I agree that a guy should at least check the game works before uploading it, but you don't "own" a game just because you started first. I've seen this stupid situation multiple times in different fan translation circles and it always makes me shake my head.

This is the real world. Grow up.

rinlenisno1

Nov 5, 2020
You know what? I'll finish my current project for now since it's 90% complete. I'm so disappointed after someone just came out of nowhere with no announcement before and started to share his half-baked translation. If you want to translate a game, at least make sure it works beforehand. There's no plan to translate any future Gaptax games after I finish with my current translation. I'm so fed up with this shit.
That translation is 100% a retard who just out to troll, dont be bother it, we still all supporting you and appreciate all your free work that you have done for us gaptax fan. .

luccel

Jan 30, 2021
Was the random update earlier today infected or just busted?
naw no virus just some fucktard who cant spell worth shit and some how managed to delete about 100 files form the game so over half the dlc didn't work. probs happened when he tried to be the first one to get a translation out instead of u know making a good translation

luccel

Jan 30, 2021
He should still have verified that it work with more than a "trust me bro" from some guy who has barely posted and hasn't posted at all in the thread.

I agree with this sentiment, someone with no rep and no presence should have been more harshly scrutinized before updating the game thread. This time it was just a nonfunctional shit translation but he could have put anything in that file and with the quality of what was uploaded I am not confidant to say the uploader would have caught it. If some one with rep says it work trust me bro then sure believe them, but when a complete unknown says it do some due diligence.
are we talking about the same guy u know bob the guy they had check and take out all the recent malware infections in renpy games ur not confident one of the biggest players in the recent removal of the malware uploads on the site is up to the task of doing what hes been doing. not to jerk the guy off but man ur talking out of ur ass.

1eyed1

Aug 22, 2016
are we talking about the same guy u know bob the guy they had check and take out all the recent malware infections in renpy games ur not confident one of the biggest players in the recent removal of the malware uploads on the site is up to the task of doing what hes been doing. not to jerk the guy off but man ur talking out of ur ass.
It doesn't have to be malware, could be stupid shit that doesn't belong. Like how some Hgame sites include links to their site in the game folders, or it could have been a different game altogether. The point is it clearly wasn't checked before it was uploaded and the creator has done nothing to warrant that level of trust.

luccel

Jan 30, 2021
It doesn't have to be malware, could be stupid shit that doesn't belong. Like how some Hgame sites include links to their site in the game folders, or it could have been a different game altogether. The point is it clearly wasn't checked before it was uploaded and the creator has done nothing to warrant that level of trust.
rofl how long do u want him to play for, once again he probs has like 30 thread to tend to the first 5 min of the game worked fine do u want uploaders to play the whole game on ever upload rofl

Reactions: Ravelord Nito

kurehayagami

Aug 25, 2017
Downloaded Darks1de's TL, and.... Well... I'll just say I can't unsee the MTL shades on the translations....

Guess I'll just wait for ChubbyCat's TL to be done.

Oh, also I reported that guy, I wonder if it'll get accepted.

Reactions: Taboofan

danadana

Aug 5, 2023
:rolleyes:
I agree that a guy should at least check the game works before uploading it, but you don't "own" a game just because you started first. I've seen this stupid situation multiple times in different fan translation circles and it always makes me shake my head.

This is the real world. Grow up.
Even if is the real world, there are things like respect for others. Your freedom allows you to do many things but even if you can do it, you don't do it because there is no need. You have a number of projects, games and many translations without finishing by abandonment that you can start there and not with the project that others are working on and do an even worse product.

Luckily it ended well but imagine that the worst scenario happens and the person who is translating this from before stops working on the project... I don't even want to imagine it and even more so when he is finishing the translation.The user chubby cat who is translating this is doing it because he wants to and he doesn't owe us anything and is free so the only thing we can do is thank him

Last edited:

luccel

Jan 30, 2021
All I can say in my defense is to apologize, first of all to ChubbyCat and the moderators, and then to you. I wanted to try to translate, but I understand that I took on a big project for the first time.
probs should learn English and Japanese first and if that fails learn to proof read an mtl at least , also how not to delete over a 100 files and fail to make the tl even work would probably help. so really just don't fail at everything and ur good to go

ChubbyCat

Jul 7, 2021
All I can say in my defense is to apologize, first of all to ChubbyCat and the moderators, and then to you. I wanted to try to translate, but I understand that I took on a big project for the first time.
Please don't let this thing discourage you from translating a game. If you wanted to try translating a game for a first time, you should try to translate a smaller-scale game, like a non-popular one, or try to fix some MTL games with much better translation that are already released in this forum; there's a bunch of them. Also, please remember to try to do your own research if there's someone working to translate that game first before you start your own project. I'm not mad at you; I'm just disappointed that you just made a thread to update this game with a broken patch.

1eyed1

Aug 22, 2016
The big thing I think was that you never even popped in the thread once, if you had people could have told you that someone was already in the process of translating this one and I am sure would have helped you out if finding something to translate that is both a bit easier for a first time and isn't already in process.

There are a lot of games out there that F95 hasn't touched because they are untranslated and haven't gathered enough of a following to get people to request one. Starting on one of those would build a lot of good will in the community.

4.40 star(s) 49 Votes