Peacekeepr

Jan 25, 2023
I don't know if this is the case with other people that have tried to play this game, but for me and my PC, the programming and optimization is hot garbage. It is not scaled to the screen resolution of the common monitors, at least in my area, resulting in every window being tossed around like they are salad leaves, and the sound overwrites to the PC's internal speakers, on top of just outright crashing.
The game is poorly optimized, but it should run fine. At least in windowed mode, haven't tried full screen.

However, as mentioned some pages ago, you might want to do a fresh install and patch manually instead of getting the pre-installed file from the OP. Getting the pre-patched version will at very least be in the "wrong folder" and will cause some japanese error messages every 3 minutes or so (and pressing the wrong button on the message will quit the game).

Ixiah

Aug 17, 2016
So, are any of the sexscenes reapeatable, or can you get there by choice and i dunno, stats and skills, or are all of them just by products of playing the game ?

Last edited:

Peacekeepr

Jan 25, 2023
So, are any of the sexscenes reapeatable, or can you get there by choice and i dunno, stats and skills, or are all of them just by products of playing the game ?
Scenes are not repeatable but there's a gallery.

Not sure what you meant about "stats and skills" (it sounds weird in the context of this game) ─ did you see perchance? It explains well and has even a walkthrough. Explains alchemy, new game + and all that. This game in specific expects you to make multiple runs (and besides performance issues, is also part of why people dislike this one compared to other Eushully games).

The short summary is "choose a route, and choose a girl from the route", and everything else is kinda straightforward ─ assuming you actually do all the events (it is easy~ish to miss some of them and thus become unable to complete the game in the route you wished). There are three prompts in each route, and you can use any of these prompts to fail the route (it'll be reflected in quest tracker immediately once the event is over). Once you finish all events and conditions, you're locked in the route ─ all other routes will close and fail and you'll be on it until the end.

If you want another girl ─ do a NG+, yes I think you do about ten replays to unlock the whole gallery.

Darkrift411

May 6, 2019
This is like the 4th game this week I have tried with AGE.EXE where it crashes if I try to go past the main menu. Sounds start to stutter like I remember 20 years ago when your PC was barely powerful enough to handle non basic sounds in game and then the app just crashes.

Ive tried with and without the location emu (it seems to behave the same with or without, menus, etc look the same) and nothing changes. I asked in some of the other threads if anyone had any clues what might cause it, but no responses.

Darkrift411

May 6, 2019
Ok, so this actually worked. Kinda. I was able to start a new game, but every 2-10 minutes I get a popup saying the game is corrupted nad asking if I want to continue or close. If I continue things seems fine, except the repeated errors.

Ive checked and the files are fine (no errors in the zip) as far as I can tell. Ive also replaced all files with no change.

But that is not my main issue. Main issue is the game plays in fullscreen and getting out of the game to do something is really slow to switch (4-6s for it to let me get my cursor out of the game, and 4-6 to get the game to open back after clicking it on the taskbar).

I let the game crash (waited for one of those errors and chose not to ignore it) so it would bring up the config screen I am used to on AGE.EXE games, and I changed the option I thought was for fullscreen/window and I think that worked. The issue is that this config screen is showing all ??????????'s and other odd characters, not the japanese the other games show (which I can use google translate to read). So the game loads in window mode, but it is super tiny. Like 720p or maybe even 480. On my 4k screen, this window is smaller than the palm of my hand. But I cant read the options in the config screen to find out how to make it larger. Anyone got any clue here? The few AGE.EXE games I was able to play before allowed me to resize them, but I cant figure it out on this one due to the config screen not showing proper text.

1683563847599.png 1683563909655.png

Peacekeepr

Jan 25, 2023
Ok, so this actually worked. Kinda. I was able to start a new game, but every 2-10 minutes I get a popup saying the game is corrupted nad asking if I want to continue or close. If I continue things seems fine, except the repeated errors.
Yes, this is a known issue, as people reported earlier it happens because the game is pre-patched. There might be some sort of registry trick, but otherwise, people were advising obtaining the non patched version and patching yourself. I think it was from eroge downloads or something? You would need to search the thread. But the error itself is inconsequential, at most annoying.

The game performance is terrible, and while I'm also on windowed, it doesn't look bad but my monitor is not even 1080p so this is of no help to you. (Well, monitor might, but I set Windows resolution to 1366×768 because that makes everything bigger and easier to use).

Darkrift411

May 6, 2019
Yes, this is a known issue, as people reported earlier it happens because the game is pre-patched. There might be some sort of registry trick, but otherwise, people were advising obtaining the non patched version and patching yourself. I think it was from eroge downloads or something? You would need to search the thread. But the error itself is inconsequential, at most annoying.

The game performance is terrible, and while I'm also on windowed, it doesn't look bad but my monitor is not even 1080p so this is of no help to you. (Well, monitor might, but I set Windows resolution to 1366×768 because that makes everything bigger and easier to use).
Can you do me a huge favor and try to get into the config screens that I showed above and take a screenshot so I can see them with actual text (english or japanese is fine, I can translate).

As far as I know hte only way to get the second one is for the game to crash. Either letting it close when the error pops up and hitting "No" instead of "Yes", or by killing it in task manager. Then when you try to open AGE again, it pops up a dialog asking if you want to configure it.

I would much appreciate it, as this fullscreen or tiny window thing is driving me nuts.

Darkrift411

May 6, 2019
And to give an idea of how small it is on my screen:

1683579744838.png
1/4th of that would be 1080, and this is almost a quarter of that, so yeah, super tiny. I can completely cover the entire window with the palm of my hand.

• Haha
Reactions: Gripgrapes

Darkrift411

May 6, 2019
I found an app called shaderglass that almost kinda works. Its really awkward though. It basically duplicates the small window in another window that I can place on another screen. I set it to 300% at 1x pixels on input and it is showing 3x larger (a bit larger than 1080p), so that is something at least. But it gets confusing when I look at one window but my mouse is on another window on a diff screen.

Kenshi2k

Aug 13, 2019
does anyone know how to discard cards from your hand? I have some cards that require you to do so to activate abilitys, but I can not figure out how to do so.

Darkrift411

May 6, 2019
does anyone know how to discard cards from your hand? I have some cards that require you to do so to activate abilitys, but I can not figure out how to do so.
Just finished (2 routes) and never figured that out. I kinda figured it would ask you to discard when you activate the ability, but I never figured out how to activate it.

Just to test something, try to put that cardbehind or next to the leader card and drag him on top of it. I found doing that sometimes activated certain things (just like the tutorial has you do with the handkerchief). Some of my other cards would do an attack when leader was dropped on it.

KeithRichards

Nov 29, 2020
Anyone have an english SpoilerAL for this game? only can find the Japanese. The SpoilerAL one thats in there is only in Japanese and i can't find it in english.

Last edited:

Peacekeepr

Jan 25, 2023
Anyone have an english SpoilerAL for this game? only can find the Japanese. The SpoilerAL one thats in there is only in Japanese and i can't find it in english.
I don't have either, however I used Google Translate over the SSG file, so maybe this attachment helps you as reference.
Japanese is first and english second. For example:
[subject](石弾 LV1)Stone bullet LV1:calc,0x0001E77C,0,1
Because it is a machine translation, expect it to be only barely understandable, and to rely on the actual "number" (e.g. what's "Magnetic granules dead magic bugs"? But if you have 4 of it, and from the possible candidates one of them also have 4 of it, then you have your answer)

PS. Even if it preserves most of the structure, the file might not work if inserted directly in SpoilerAL.

KeithRichards

Nov 29, 2020
I've managed to use CE on this game with a framework from Gniarf, but i've made it using the pre patched version with AGE patch.exe to open the game, idk if it will work for other ways but here its is anyway.
How to make it work: attach process to AGE.exe, click on the square to active get crypto key, if the money pointer show your BP then its working and you may use the value type AGE Engine encrypted int to look for all your values, if it does not show your BP then its not working.

If you would like to try to make it work (if mine does not work for you) here you may find a way to do so:
So when i try to use this with the newest CE it won't work.

Nelx

Sep 13, 2020
I finished 3 routes and then tried to play the Arterial Force Blade; it crashes when the map triggers a combat.
I'm playing on W11 Pro and I tried a few setting in compatibility mode, playing without the english patch, using the buggy preinstalled version, moving the saves for a clean run, etc...

Anyone has that bug and know how to fix it? My last resource would be installing it on some virtual OS but I suck setting these properly.

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes