Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Apparently the game outright prevents NPCs of the wrong gender from initiating conversations with characters in gender-restricted rooms, even if they're both in there together.

I was testing some stalking logic and having an NPC follow me around the map. Both characters are female. I decided to enter the boy's changing room to see what would happen. The stalker entered the room with me, but then got stuck in a loop of trying to talk to my character and having the game cancel their actions, so she just kept twitching in place, slowly inching forward.

I've actually wondered about this before because I've seen some low virtue girls walk into the boy's changing room/showers before, but I can't recall an instance where they initiated a conversation with my character while in there. I've seen them twitch in place before like maybe they had tried to but the game cancelled their action. I'm also curious if that's why they sometimes twitch out in the normal rooms as well. Perhaps they had targeted a character for an action that was in a gender-restricted room and the game cancelled it. I've also had them sometimes ask me to meet them in these restricted rooms, and then never show up, so that finally makes sense.

Last edited:

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Is there a way to save/extract styles from cards?
You can save the outfits from the style as separate files, but there's not really a way to save a style since the style comprises all of the appearance data for the card. You could maybe do it in a very roundabout way by saving a style as an entire card, and then you could use QtEdit to copy the appearance data from one card to another.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Oh geez, sounds like a tedious amount of time
What's your goal? Is there a particular part of a style you're trying to re-use on other cards? Copying the entire style would be like creating a clone of the character.

Kujokuji

Mar 12, 2019
What's your goal? Is there a particular part of a style you're trying to re-use on other cards? Copying the entire style would be like creating a clone of the character.
I downloaded this card with multiple different styles, but 2 of those styles keeps crashing the editor/game whenever it loads. I try to delete the ones causing the crashes, but in order to do that I have to highlight it in the editor which in turn causes it to load up and then... crashes my game.

Kujokuji

Mar 12, 2019
So I though why not make a clone of that card like you suggested, but leave out those 2 styles, problem is, I'm not sure which outfits and textures were used for those outfits.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I downloaded this card with multiple different styles, but 2 of those styles keeps crashing the editor/game whenever it loads. I try to delete the ones causing the crashes, but in order to do that I have to highlight it in the editor which in turn causes it to load up and then... crashes my game.
Yeah, I can see how that would be a problem. Assuming it's not the default style causing crashes, and you don't care about using the other styles, you could just remove the module that causes the card to switch styles, and then it'll only use the default style. If you're however trying to salvage some of the other styles then I'm not sure how this could be achieved off the top of my head. Do you have a link for the card?

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
That's definitely the largest amount of styles I've seen on a single card, and the longest list of overrides. I crashed also when I clicked on one of the styles, although I can't remember exactly which one. My first thought is you could use the up and down arrows to the right of the style list to re-arrange the styles without clicking on the broken ones so that ultimately the broken ones are no longer between StyleFirst and StyleLast. Then the Fashionable module should no longer randomly pick them, and they'll no longer be an issue in game.

Edit: You could also click on a working style in the top list, click on the name of a broken one in the bottom list, and then use the Transfer button to copy a working style to the broken one. It should then be safe to click on the previously broken one in the top list and delete it. Make sure you check all of the boxes to the left under "Style data transfer" before doing the transfer

Last edited:
Reactions: Kujokuji

Kujokuji

Mar 12, 2019
My first thought is you could use the up and down arrows to the right of the style list to re-arrange the styles without clicking on the broken ones so that ultimately the broken ones are no longer between StyleFirst and StyleLast.
Wow... that solution sounds too obvious that I didn't think about it

I'll settle with that, thanks for the help pal.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
That's definitely the largest amount of styles I've seen on a single card, and the longest list of overrides. [...]
Just to save us the time, what specific numbers of styles and overrides? I had a concept that had 9 or so, then chopped that down to 6 or fewer and said "we ain't gonna have styles for that kind of specificity."

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Just to save us the time, what specific numbers of styles and overrides? I had a concept that had 9 or so, then chopped that down to 6 or fewer and said "we ain't gonna have styles for that kind of specificity."
I didn't actually count the number of styles, and I already deleted the card unfortunately. Stupid Hair, the uploader says on the download page that there's like 20 styles. The overrides list was so long when I opened the card in the editor that it stretched off my screen and I couldn't see the buttons to confirm the extraction or not. I had to just hit enter on my keyboard to confirm. I moved my normal overrides folder though before checking out that card so that it's overrides wouldn't pollute my folder, so the list of overrides was likely much longer than it would have been if I had extracted it into my normal overrides folder where a lot of the overrides it uses probably already existed

• Sad
Reactions: JustAl

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Untitled.png

Apparently the game outright prevents NPCs of the wrong gender from initiating conversations with characters in gender-restricted rooms, even if they're both in there together.

I was testing some stalking logic and having an NPC follow me around the map. Both characters are female. I decided to enter the boy's changing room to see what would happen. The stalker entered the room with me, but then got stuck in a loop of trying to talk to my character and having the game cancel their actions, so she just kept twitching in place, slowly inching forward.
Ive seen this bug/behavior before, but never mentioned it, as i didnt consider it relevant to anything in any way. However, back when ive noticed it, i was unaware of the function of the infirmary, so i dragged the forced girls into gender restricted areas. Just like in the screenshot ive posted above, fucking them in the open wasnt an option, since one or the other would run in and try to compete over me (by the way, why cant i force a person to follow me into a private room, if i can force them to fuck in the middle of a crowded corridor? Illuuuuuuuuuuusssssiooooooon!). So, dragging them over to the showers or shitters was my (at the time) only option. Result? Exactly as youve described. I would drag a chick into a gender restricted area, force her to fuck, and watch as the other chicks with high love count (and virtue) towards me BARGE into room, buuut.... they would just stand at the entrance to the room and not move a centimeter, all the while growling like bears - clearly wanting to compete or interrupt me.

If i had a relationship partner at the time, and my girl would see me cheating like that, that would be a solid "Cheater!" status right there. Infirmary solves this issue, but thats beyond the point of this post.

While unrelated, is there a mod or module (outside of the "cheater" module - i dont think that one will work at all due to how mechanics are in this game, and its a module, so putting that on every card is a ludicrous prospect) that... how should i put this? "Loosens" the rules of the game? We get threatened by our lovers that they will cheat on us in return, but they never do. Not until they go through the whole process of gaining enough love count, waiting out the no-sex timer and THEN committing to their "revenge", except... by this time id have patched up my LLDH with my lover, while destroying their opinion of anyone trying to get in their pants. Theres a number of responses from NPCs that we hardly hear - if we get a normal virtue chick to fuck (baiting or breaking up, whatever it takes to get the sex friend status with them) without a relationship, and she is already in one, she will comment something about cheating on their partner. Afterwards, she might even praise you about being better than their partner! The insolence of this bitch, haha! I remember reading something about some mod that globally changes the AI of the game? Maybe thats the solution to the... "rigidness"... of the game?

Reactions: Grim

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I'm guessing it's less of a bug and more likely their solution for keeping the opposite gender out of those rooms. They definitely should have added exceptions for certain situations though.
That may be the case, but its a really shoddy way of going about it. Which reminds me - whenever your partner asks you to follow them to one of the private rooms INSIDE the gender restricted areas - you are gaining hate count (15 partial points). Another slap on the wiki (which claims you get no bad LLDH for this), but i guess theres no way around it - its usually high and highest virtue chicks that call you into one of those, so dont be surprised if in your pristine LLDH of 30 love count, you suddenly find it sitting at 29 love count and 1 hate count, due to them asking you to fuck there.

Reactions: Grim

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
While unrelated, is there a mod or module (outside of the "cheater" module - i dont think that one will work at all due to how mechanics are in this game, and its a module, so putting that on every card is a ludicrous prospect) that... how should i put this? "Loosens" the rules of the game? We get threatened by our lovers that they will cheat on us in return, but they never do. Not until they go through the whole process of gaining enough love count, waiting out the no-sex timer and THEN committing to their "revenge", except... by this time id have patched up my LLDH with my lover, while destroying their opinion of anyone trying to get in their pants. Theres a number of responses from NPCs that we hardly hear - if we get a normal virtue chick to fuck (baiting or breaking up, whatever it takes to get the sex friend status with them) without a relationship, and she is already in one, she will comment something about cheating on their partner. Afterwards, she might even praise you about being better than their partner! The insolence of this bitch, haha! I remember reading something about some mod that globally changes the AI of the game? Maybe thats the solution to the... "rigidness"... of the game?
I've never tried out that AI mod so I dunno what all it changes. You could possibly have a global module of sorts that you would put on a single card such as the PC, that would react to events from all NPCs in some way, like temporarily (or permanently) lowering the virtue of the NPC that wants to cheat out of revenge

Reactions: Monosomething

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
The randomness of this game is absolute gold! Ive seen this at least a hundred times, but it never gets old!
Untitled.png
-theres two couples having sex in this pic.
-there were about 6 people fighting, one is in progress, right next to me.
-the black chick just came over to randomly say she loves me, and the blonde, who is mostly obscured by the two fighting, wanted to interrupt us, but ive skipped the convo, since i knew it was coming.

You just cant make this shit up. Hilarious.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
The randomness of this game is absolute gold! Ive seen this at least a hundred times, but it never gets old!
View attachment 3666605
-theres two couples having sex in this pic.
-there were about 6 people fighting, one is in progress, right next to me.
-the black chick just came over to randomly say she loves me, and the blonde, who is mostly obscured by the two fighting, wanted to interrupt us, but ive skipped the convo, since i knew it was coming.

You just cant make this shit up. Hilarious.
I always laugh when like 3 or 4 fights all breakout simultaneously, and the teacher usually makes no attempts to stop them

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I always laugh when like 3 or 4 fights all breakout simultaneously, and the teacher usually makes no attempts to stop them
I have NEVER seen the teacher do anything about people fighting. They will interrupt sex, if their sociability allows, but never interrupt fights. What good are they for, if they dont interrupt fights too? You need individuals with either the Class Prez or Serious traits to interrupt fights regularly, though even they get overwhelmed from time to time. If its just one fight - they will intervene, but if its more, theyre like "Uhhh... i aint being paid enough for this shit!" and just bail.

Fights have a tendency to break out like dominoes falling. One fight starts, and instantly everyone remembers how they hate everybody else! Just like real life...

Also, to add to this post of mine:
Hmph. Even after half a year of experience with this game, it still surprises me.

We know that high and highest virtue cards will not fuck when made sex friends of, unless forced, right? Apparently this isnt exactly true, because... a high virtue chick ive made sex friends with (baited her to compete over me) has, not once, but TWICE asked me to follow her to a private room in a single day.

I have no idea what governs this, but im sure that if i asked her to fuck or try to lead her to a private room, she would say no. Ive looked over her traits, and apart from "Easygoing", there isnt anything interesting there. Of course, the other option might be one of my modules, that give control to the NPC if they initiate sex buuut... i never experienced this before and ive had this module for ages.

Mysteries galore!
The chick struck again - asked me to fuck 3 more times (on a different day) out of the blue. Once, even when it was in the open, with the only reason we didnt get to do anything being that her lover (another girl... theyre both dykes) stopped us before anything had a chance to happen (yes, she was almost breathing down her neck - the silly stalking mechanic of the game).

And shes high virtue! Even more of a reason to be vigilant and NEVER allow your partner to become sex friends with anyone. Ive checked her traits again (she has no modules - as mentioned in one of my posts, im stripping all cards of modules) and, nope, just Easygoing and Chivalrous.

Throw me a bone here, game?? What the fuck governs you? Just the Easygoing trait? Seen many cards with this one, and never have they asked to fuck before! Why now?!

Reactions: FranklinClinton
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes