JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Wait, I've seen the teacher interrupt fights before, practically immediately. It may have to do with traits or modules.

I'll attach a RAR with 2 cards of a character, Teacher and Student version I've picked up along my browsing. Strongly masochistic, kinda psycho, but one of those heart-of-gold types. She definitely stops fights often in her Teacher card.

White Knight module is super sensitive about this kind of situation, has the ability to hold onto an intended target for a while, even if the target is often busy the White Knight will usually manage to confront them.

Reactions: Monosomething

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Wait, I've seen the teacher interrupt fights before, practically immediately. It may have to do with traits or modules.

I'll attach a RAR with 2 cards of a character, Teacher and Student version I've picked up along my browsing. Strongly masochistic, kinda psycho, but one of those heart-of-gold types. She definitely stops fights often in her Teacher card.

White Knight module is super sensitive about this kind of situation, has the ability to hold onto an intended target for a while, even if the target is often busy the White Knight will usually manage to confront them.
Yeah I think it's just my selection of teachers that are lazy and don't like doing their jobs. I wonder if the Class Prez trait on a teacher has any influence on them interrupting fights, or if it only affects students with that trait

Monosomething

May 24, 2019

With modules it will obviously be different, but a "regular" card without any? I may have seen a teacher break up a fight in the past, but its been too long since that time, so in my eyes - they just dont.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I've reached the stage of checking for compatibility between my module and others. The use of multiple threads definitely makes it hard to predict the order of events at times. Trying to resolve an issue between my module on one NPC, and a different module on another NPC both competing to do something different in reaction to the same event.

Edit: I sometimes see other modules spamming the same action multiple times in a row in the same trigger. I've often wondered what the point of that is, but now I'm wondering if it isn't an attempt to push other modules out of the way that are competing over the same event.

Last edited:

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
[...] I sometimes see other modules spamming the same action multiple times in a row in the same trigger. I've often wondered what the point of that is, but now I'm wondering if it isn't an attempt to push other modules out of the way that are competing over the same event.
It's that and dealing with base-game jank. Like getting into a fight, walking into a gendered room, or walking into a private sex-closet room. Or walking to a festivity like karaoke, arcade, etc. Lots of events trigger the untouchable red circle. And modules like to interrupt interactions.

If NPC is gonna do "X", then cancel X. Spam tries to fight that.

Reactions: Grim

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
It's that and dealing with base-game jank. Like getting into a fight, walking into a gendered room, or walking into a private sex-closet room. Or walking to a festivity like karaoke, arcade, etc. Lots of events trigger the untouchable red circle. And modules like to interrupt interactions.

If NPC is gonna do "X", then cancel X. Spam tries to fight that.
In this case I don't mind a certain level of interruption. I've actually made some triggers to handle the interruption of certain things. With this other module I don't mind letting mine step aside and letting it do it's thing. It's just a matter of how best to accomplish that and gracefully cleanup what my module was doing.

kombayn

Apr 6, 2020
Would anyone happen to know why my tan textures aren't working properly? The body tan is repeated on the face every time, making them unusable.
1.PNG
2.PNG

decagem

Feb 20, 2024
Would anyone happen to know why my tan textures aren't working properly? The body tan is repeated on the face every time, making them unusable.
View attachment 3669488
View attachment 3669490
Most of the time texturing issues are related with poor texture data.
I've no idea how AA2 mod tools deal with textures, but from your pictures, it's most likely that texture coordnates in the model are set/overlaping the wrong area in the texture image.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Best regards,
decagem.

kombayn

Apr 6, 2020
Most of the time texturing issues are related with poor texture data.
I've no idea how AA2 mod tools deal with textures, but from your pictures, it's most likely that texture coordnates in the model are set/overlaping the wrong area in the texture image.
I'm using the standard AAU Tantoo Collection of tans, as well as an up to date build of AA2MiniPPX. That and I followed the most recent tutorial for installing everything as best I could. I was thinking maybe it's something to do with my older laptop with an Intel GPU, but I have an older version of AA2Mini3DR in which this glitch does not occur, so IDK.

Typically, tan textures come in five or so bmp graphics, which align with the model's torso, arms, privates, fingernails and face.
3.PNG
Everything technically works fine, but for some reason the model uses the torso texture to cover the face, which is '00.bmp', rather than the face texture which is '04.bmp'. I was hoping there was some magic setting I could tick or untick in AA2Unlimited that would fix this so I could use tans. Like I said though, this facial tan issue doesn't appear in my older 3DR AA2.
1.PNG

decagem

Feb 20, 2024
I'm using the standard AAU Tantoo Collection of tans, as well as an up to date build of AA2MiniPPX. That and I followed the most recent tutorial for installing everything as best I could. I was thinking maybe it's something to do with my older laptop with an Intel GPU, but I have an older version of AA2Mini3DR in which this glitch does not occur, so IDK.

Typically, tan textures come in five or so bmp graphics, which align with the model's torso, arms, privates, fingernails and face.
View attachment 3670068
Everything technically works fine, but for some reason the model uses the torso texture to cover the face, which is '00.bmp', rather than the face texture which is '04.bmp'. I was hoping there was some magic setting I could tick or untick in AA2Unlimited that would fix this so I could use tans. Like I said though, this facial tan issue doesn't appear in my older 3DR AA2.
View attachment 3670111
Okay, by your report and assuming images 00.bmp and 04.bmp are not the same/repeated, I suspect three scenarios:
1. a gpu driver issue. Maybe updating/downdating or even changing some settings in the driver it will solve the problem;
2. a bug or misconfiguration is making the minippx version pick the wrong image index (00 instead of 04) to apply in the model;
3. the chara card has the wrong image index set in its metadata which for some reason is ignored in mini3DR version but not in the ppx one.

I suggest you start checking the chara card first (see if it works with a different card), then the gpu driver.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Question for the observant players out there. Do teachers ever go to the locker rooms in the evening to switch back into their uniforms like students do? I'm curious if the Evening Fashion module has any effect on teachers. In my experience it seems like they don't bother changing at the end of the day, and instead just wander around the school wearing their club outfit.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Question for the observant players out there. Do teachers ever go to the locker rooms in the evening to switch back into their uniforms like students do? I'm curious if the Evening Fashion module has any effect on teachers. In my experience it seems like they don't bother changing at the end of the day, and instead just wander around the school wearing their club outfit.
Personally i think teachers are bugged in this regard. While students go to the changing room to change after each lesson, the teacher works a little differently.

So... if we consider a regular day to have 4 break periods (before 1st class, after 1st class, after 2nd class, after 3rd class), and students start changing between 1st and 2nd, then between 2nd and 3rd, and after 3rd, the teacher wears the same clothes between 1st and 2nd lesson, they are in their sports (or swimming) clothes after 2nd lesson, and they instantly wear their final clothing after 3rd lesson.

Hope i didnt mess this one up... but yes, teachers do make use of their final break period clothing.

Jan 26, 2018
i downloaded some character cards and when i went to use them it told me to extract files for clothing so ive done it but there is no pattern on some of the outfits so if i need to extract them all how do i do it?

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Personally i think teachers are bugged in this regard. While students go to the changing room to change after each lesson, the teacher works a little differently.

So... if we consider a regular day to have 4 break periods (before 1st class, after 1st class, after 2nd class, after 3rd class), and students start changing between 1st and 2nd, then between 2nd and 3rd, and after 3rd, the teacher wears the same clothes between 1st and 2nd lesson, they are in their sports (or swimming) clothes after 2nd lesson, and they instantly wear their final clothing after 3rd lesson.

Hope i didnt mess this one up... but yes, teachers do make use of their final break period clothing.
I think you're correct that teachers don't go to change between classes like students do and just let the game forcibly change their outfits automatically for the next class. Therein lies the problem with the period at the end of the day though after the club period ends, because there is no next class. Everyone is in their club outfit until they go to the lockers to put on their original outfits from the start of the day and get their bags before going home, but the teacher doesn't seem to do this. Possibly because they don't seem to go home either, so the game doesn't push them to go put on their normal clothes.

i downloaded some character cards and when i went to use them it told me to extract files for clothing so ive done it but there is no pattern on some of the outfits so if i need to extract them all how do i do it?
Did you follow the and set up the Harderlinker? In the game launcher you also need to enable "Use .png for custom textures" under the AA2Unlimited tab

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Possibly because they don't seem to go home either, so the game doesn't push them to go put on their normal clothes.
Yep. AI teachers are bound by one rule or another, where they cant go home after the last lesson ends. The exception is the weekends, where one can ask them to go home after the last lesson ends.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Heres something you dont see every day, and a little update on my progress of getting into the pants of every chick without getting into a relationship. I am being slow, but thats to poke how much i can get out of the Lewd Promise.

Untitled.jpg

Whats interesting here is the (high virtue) chick at the bottom right - she offered me a lewd promise. Ive had this happen once before, but the chick that did it never delivered, so i will have to see how this one pans out.

The tomboy at the top of the normal virtue class is still lingering with her lewd promise from 2 weeks back. Im not cashing in on this one, im afraid, but then i havent really "pressed the buttons" to extract it either. Not like non-singleminded/indecisive chicks are hard to conquer - get more love count with them than they have with their lovers > compete > ... > profit. If having more love count is impossible > grind for a tie a few times to dampen LLDH > quickly recover LLDH > outcompete.

As mentioned at the start of this post, im being really slow, and while ive made sex friends with the high/highest virtue chicks by baiting them to compete over me (RIP sluts... someone had to end up under the bus), ive kept the normal virtue chicks at "I think i like them..." status the whole time, only relying on lewd promises to get in their pants.

Lewd Promise is really strange. Youre meant to cash in on it after the final lesson, but whether you will actually be offered by the girls or not is totally random. I dont know if theres a way to speed things up, but even after getting good grades on exams, sometimes i have to wait a really long time to cash in on one, or not get it (the tomboy...) at all. If anybody knows more about this than me - enlighten me, since the wiki is as unhelpful as usual.

EDIT: the AI in this game is either stupid, or flat out deceitful.

Untitled.jpg

Correlate this image to the previous one ive posted here...

Last edited:

kombayn

Apr 6, 2020
I suggest you start checking the chara card first (see if it works with a different card), then the gpu driver.
Hey, I appreciate the help. Turns out, the problem was I was accidentally using V2 of MiniPPX rather than V8 (which is current). So, the up-to-date version of AAUnlimited wasn't happy, causing the glitch.

And while I'm here, I'd like to offer everyone some modified tans. I used the HPD v3 skin by Alexae (from before HongFire went crazy) as a base, modified it to my liking and combined it with some tans that I liked. They're probably not for everyone, but I like the way they look better than a lot of the original Tantoo stuff. More inside than what's shown here.
tans.png
To really get them to pop might require careful use of both Skin Color and Custom Tan Color.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Hey, I appreciate the help. Turns out, the problem was I was accidentally using V2 of MiniPPX rather than V8 (which is current). So, the up-to-date version of AAUnlimited wasn't happy, causing the glitch.

And while I'm here, I'd like to offer everyone some modified tans. I used the HPD v3 skin by Alexae (from before HongFire went crazy) as a base, modified it to my liking and combined it with some tans that I liked. They're probably not for everyone, but I like the way they look better than a lot of the original Tantoo stuff. More inside than what's shown here.
View attachment 3673034
To really get them to pop might require careful use of both Skin Color and Custom Tan Color.
Ive seen those "monkey tans" in the editor. While i have no use for them, im sure theres people that do.

Well done.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
EDIT: the AI in this game is either stupid, or flat out deceitful.

View attachment 3672402

Correlate this image to the previous one ive posted here...
I get bullshit info like that all the time. I play a hetero male character, and I always laugh when someone comes up and tells me another hetero male character is in love with me. I can't tell if it's a bug, or if certain characters just like to go around spreading misinformation. I know there's the schemer trait, but I'm not sure that applies in this instance.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes