Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I'll have to see if those work for me. I've tried the various fixes for those but they never seem to work
Well, they work for me - its as simple to install as dropping 2 or 3 ppx files into the data folder.

I do have a suspicion of what might be causing the "Can we talk?" "Sure" and nothing happening interactions. We might need to go card by card, re-select the new personality (or already used before on certain cards) and re-save them. But i will do it tomorrow, in gameplay terms. It seems that the two male cards with the new personalities (Cold & Analytical) that ive dropped in have regular conversations, while the old cards, that may have had the new personalities before, seem to do the "empty" conversations... i need more time to see if thats actually a solid case, or just my suspicion... and oh boy, if true, thats gonna be a looootta work for all of those 130-140 girl cards i have.. oof.

EDIT:

Heres what i mean, in a more graphical sense:
Untitled.jpg

All cards marked with an X have NOT been changed after i installed the mod. This obviously makes no difference for the PC, but the remaining cards would have to be re-saved in the "new system", so to speak. And it, kinda, feels like all of those marked cards have these weird interactions... i really hope im wrong on this. I dont wanna run through the entire stack of cards only to re-save them! lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Grim

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I do have a suspicion of what might be causing the "Can we talk?" "Sure" and nothing happening interactions. We might need to go card by card, re-select the new personality (or already used before on certain cards) and re-save them. But i will do it tomorrow, in gameplay terms. It seems that the two male cards with the new personalities (Cold & Analytical) that ive dropped in have regular conversations, while the old cards, that may have had the new personalities before, seem to do the "empty" conversations... i need more time to see if thats actually a solid case, or just my suspicion... and oh boy, if true, thats gonna be a looootta work for all of those 130-140 girl cards i have.. oof.

EDIT:

Heres what i mean, in a more graphical sense:
View attachment 3684419

All cards marked with an X have NOT been changed after i installed the mod. This obviously makes no difference for the PC, but the remaining cards would have to be re-saved in the "new system", so to speak. And it, kinda, feels like all of those marked cards have these weird interactions... i really hope im wrong on this. I dont wanna run through the entire stack of cards only to re-save them! lol
If that is the case, while annoying, it would still be worth it in the long run if the mod ultimately fixes a bunch of issues with the personalities. I assume the value/order of the personalities didn't change, so I wonder if it would be quicker to re-save them in QtEdit instead since you could just load up the entire card folder and go down the list.

Last edited:

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
If that is the case, while annoying, it would still be worth it in the long run if the mod ultimately fixes a bunch of issues with the personalities. I assume the value representing the personalities didn't change, so I wonder if it would be quicker to re-save them in QtEdit instead since you could just load up the entire card folder and go down the list.
Im hanging on with doing anything for now. I have, sort of, narrowed it down to the Wry personality - whenever he wants to talk to someone - they respond with the "empty" interaction. Yeah, the values representing personalities not changing crossed my mind, but not to just run it through QtEdit. Will do that when i figure things out.

And, given the fixes in this mod, its totally worth doing that... but, again, im holding off on it for now, with the only culprit i can reliably point a finger on being the Wry personality. That doesnt mean theres isnt more, since i have a number of cards that use different personalities "in stock", but i havent used those in this game.

We need more testers for this...

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
[...]
Wait, you mean the personality changes from the updated personality pack do not take effect unless I open the cards in the editor and save them for the new personalities to take effect? I would expect the game to recognize a new version of a personality and use it, but from what I'm reading, seems not.

Im hanging on with doing anything for now. I have, sort of, narrowed it down to the Wry personality - whenever he wants to talk to someone - they respond with the "empty" interaction. Yeah, the values representing personalities not changing crossed my mind, but not to just run it through QtEdit. Will do that when i figure things out.

And, given the fixes in this mod, its totally worth doing that... but, again, im holding off on it for now, with the only culprit i can reliably point a finger on being the Wry personality. That doesnt mean theres isnt more, since i have a number of cards that use different personalities "in stock", but i havent used those in this game.

We need more testers for this...
The Wry personality wasn't made well and it's a base-game personality. It has the absolute worst voice acting that I can only describe as "pre-2014 Teamspeak in a lobby full of teenagers with crappy under $30 headsets".

Reactions: Monosomething

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Wait, you mean the personality changes from the updated personality pack do not take effect unless I open the cards in the editor and save them for the new personalities to take effect? I would expect the game to recognize a new version of a personality and use it, but from what I'm reading, seems not.
Ye... see? This is when the smart (you) meet the dumb (moi), because i have NO idea how this shit works, and this is the first assumption that came to my mind. The reasoning behind this way of thinking was that theres now TWO Empress personalities (the difference between them being one has more evil looking eyes...), so i assumed that, due to the new one being added, it pushed the personality numbers up by one. Same for male personalities, as theres a few i havent seen before (or maybe havent paid attention to). Im thinking im completely wrong on that, which is why im holding off on doing anything.

The Wry personality wasn't made well and it's a base-game personality. It has the absolute worst voice acting that I can only describe as "pre-2014 Teamspeak in a lobby full of teenagers with crappy under $30 headsets".
Well, the thing about Wry personality is, is that regardless of how crappy it is/was, it worked before i installed this mod, so... i dont know. I am, however, willing to "trade" if theres a dozen more personalities now that work, but didnt up until i installed the mod. No love lost. Up until this point (pre-mod installation), of something like 20 (or more?) new personalities, only 12-14 worked. So yeah, take the Wry personality, mod! Im fine with getting a dozen more in return!

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Alright. Im going to go on a limb and say that "everything works fine", and that this mod is an improvement over whatever personality mods we have used up until now. The one problem the mod has is... irrelevant to us, players.

Namely, the interactions, or should i say, ONE interaction type - Chat. So we will not know what the NPCs are talking about when they ask to talk (boo hoo, as if the AI used these to actually gain LLDH).

The other types of interactions (Influence, Lecture, Gossip, Invite, Bully, Love, Contact, Travel, Group) are fully voiced and subbed.. and those are the only interactions we (players) care about to know.

So consider me as that one guy who blew shit out of proportions in this case. Oops.

EDIT: big thanks to Grim ! Without him snooping this out, we wouldnt even be aware of this gem of a mods existence!

Last edited:

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
The one problem the mod has is... irrelevant to us, players.

Namely, the interactions, or should i say, ONE interaction type - Chat. So we will not know what the NPCs are talking about when they ask to talk (boo hoo, as if the AI used these to actually gain LLDH).
Now that I think about it, were those types of conversations ever fully carried out between 2 NPCs? I've never really thought about it until now, but I can't recall ever seeing subtitles or hearing the conversations for the friendly/love/lewd chats.

Edit: Nvm, I'm dumb. I can recall some of those conversations now. So does this mod break those kinds of conversations? Or do they just remain missing for those personalities that never properly handled them?

Last edited:

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Now that I think about it, were those types of conversations ever fully carried out between 2 NPCs? I've never really thought about it until now, but I can't recall ever seeing subtitles or hearing the conversations for the friendly/love/lewd chats.

Edit: Nvm, I'm dumb. I can recall some of those conversations now. So does this mod break those kinds of conversations? Or do they just remain missing for those personalities that never properly handled them?
Yeah, so... before i (we?) installed the mod, one NPC would run up to another, ask "Wanna talk?" (variant), and if the other NPC agreed, you would sometimes either get a subbed or unsubbed chat line. As ive mentioned in my very first post - these types of "empty" conversations happened (ive even mentioned those "millions of years ago", in posts completely unrelated to this mod), but they were extremely rare, and back then i just tied them to thinking theyre some sort of hidden AI trigger. Like a MM switch or similar.

So, unfortunately, this mod gives us a bunch of subbed and voiced personalities, at a cost of those chat lines. Not ALL cards suffer from it (this is the reason i got confused), since ive heard them play their chat lines (albeit without subs), but in this mods case, its THOSE times that are extremely rare.

Oh well - you lose some, you gain some. Im still keeping the rollback point for the game, but chances are im not going to be using it anymore. Having more personalities working for the (low) price of not hearing NPCs exchange chat lines is totally worth it. NPC chat is, essentially, background noises - while they do gain LLDH from it, the gain is so unnoticeable (since the AI doesnt use those enough) that its not going to impact gameplay much. It will make it more difficult to intercept some random guy trying to get in your girls pants (since, you know, he had to spout out the whole like/love line before) but in order to counter that - just be alert and counter him the second he approaches your girl.

From what ive read, this release of UPP is a beta... so im thinking we should check in time and again to see if the "full" release is uploaded.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Yeah, so... before i (we?) installed the mod, one NPC would run up to another, ask "Wanna talk?" (variant), and if the other NPC agreed, you would sometimes either get a subbed or unsubbed chat line. As ive mentioned in my very first post - these types of "empty" conversations happened (ive even mentioned those "millions of years ago", in posts completely unrelated to this mod), but they were extremely rare, and back then i just tied them to thinking theyre some sort of hidden AI trigger. Like a MM switch or similar.

So, unfortunately, this mod gives us a bunch of subbed and voiced personalities, at a cost of those chat lines. Not ALL cards suffer from it (this is the reason i got confused), since ive heard them play their chat lines (albeit without subs), but in this mods case, its THOSE times that are extremely rare.

Oh well - you lose some, you gain some. Im still keeping the rollback point for the game, but chances are im not going to be using it anymore. Having more personalities working for the (low) price of not hearing NPCs exchange chat lines is totally worth it. NPC chat is, essentially, background noises - while they do gain LLDH from it, the gain is so unnoticeable (since the AI doesnt use those enough) that its not going to impact gameplay much. It will make it more difficult to intercept some random guy trying to get in your girls pants (since, you know, he had to spout out the whole like/love line before) but in order to counter that - just be alert and counter him the second he approaches your girl.
It's weird that only those lines seem to have issues. While mechanically they might not do much, their loss does break immersion somewhat. And I do make frequent use of interrupts during gameplay, so the much smaller window for doing that will be annoying.

From what ive read, this release of UPP is a beta... so im thinking we should check in time and again to see if the "full" release is uploaded.
Going by the changelog, I think only the 2024-04-06 release was considered a beta. It seems like it gets updated somewhat frequently, so hopefully everything will get fixed at some point. It would be nice to know if anybody has reported these issues, but I have no idea where that mod even gets discussed/developed.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
It's weird that only those lines seem to have issues. While mechanically they might not do much, their loss does break immersion somewhat. And I do make frequent use of interrupts during gameplay, so the much smaller window for doing that will be annoying.
Yes... it will get annoying, but what can you do?

Going by the changelog, I think only the 2024-04-06 release was considered a beta. It seems like it gets updated somewhat frequently, so hopefully everything will get fixed at some point.
Heres to hoping! *raises glass*

I was trying to google UPP and found nothing either, so hope is all we get... for now.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I was trying to google UPP and found nothing, so hope is all we get... for now.
Like a lot of game modding these days, it's probably buried away on Discord, where you can't view/discuss things anonymously, and discussions can't be indexed/searched. The information is essentially being thrown into a black hole. Discord was one of the worst things to happen to game modding and forums in general in my opinion, but I'll save that rant for another day.

Last edited:

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Discord was one of the worst things to happen to game modding and forums in general in my opinion, but I'll save that rant for another day.
Given how i dont use Discord or any other sort of social media, i will trust you on that, haha.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I've noticed that some card makers will set the socks for outfits to "Stockings" using QtEdit in order to get the high heel shoes on outfits that don't normally have them. The problem with this is it messes up the low-poly character model, causing the pelvis to vanish so it just looks like a torso hovering above the legs. Is there a way to apply the high heels for outfits without breaking the low-poly model?

Reactions: JustAl

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Oh man... that awkward moment, when you realize the Cold personality (male) is just a... "man-ified" Aloof from AA2. The creator simply decreased the voice pitch significantly more than the regular game would allow. Expect lines coming from guys with this personality to be... strange...

In other news, i found something interesting, while playing my previous gaming session (where i tried to bang all the chicks without a relationship). The call-out to have sex. Due to the amount of sex friends ive made in that game, someone calling out to have sex would almost always result with one of the sex friends running up to me and a sex session starting... or getting buttfucked by some horny-and-not-quite-straight guy. The risks are severe (to me, anyway), so i generally reject these, but when i saw there were no sexually impaired guys around, i would accept this call-out.

So... when, as a result of this call-out, a chick would run up and start the sex session, it looks like the session is considered to... how do i put this? Hmm... its like it takes place in a private room - nobody interrupts you, and your sex friend doesnt interrupt it either. The (remaining) crowd (that didnt get to fuck) will gather round, which would promptly make your sex friend end the session due to virtue, but they just dont. Whats more - as a result of a few of those call-outs, a sex friend IN A RELATIONSHIP with someone would run up and choose to fuck me, rather than their partner. This was particularly ridiculous, as i would grin like an idiot, seeing a guys partner choose me over him as a result of the call-out, and their partner not even trying to compete over her, but just standing by and watching (he a cuck or something? eww). I dont think this even resulted with the chicks partner getting the "Cheater!" status...

What im trying to say is: if youve made a sex friend, theres a chance you may get lucky as a result of this call-out. It also seems to attract even high virtue characters. Highest virtue chicks from the last game never seemed to take the bait... or maybe they were outcompeted? The mechanics of this bit are still kinda spotty, but prove that you dont have to force every sex friend to have sex with them, or at least, not all of them.

Last edited:
May 20, 2021
The randomness of this game is absolute gold! Ive seen this at least a hundred times, but it never gets old!
-theres two couples having sex in this pic.
-there were about 6 people fighting, one is in progress, right next to me.
-the black chick just came over to randomly say she loves me, and the blonde, who is mostly obscured by the two fighting, wanted to interrupt us, but ive skipped the convo, since i knew it was coming.

You just cant make this shit up. Hilarious.
I love it when people in this game start fighting more than h-ing, makes you wanna shout worldstar at the screen. Only managed 3 on going fights at once at most myself without getting modules.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
FYI, the Polyamorous module does not work on characters with the Evil trait. It'll prevent the "Cheater!" opinion, but it won't stop them from getting the "TOGETHER FOREVER" and "I'll get you" opinions of their lover and those they cheat with. I've got a that I download with both the Evil trait and the Polyamorous module in my current game, and she's currently planning a double homicide.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I love it when people in this game start fighting more than h-ing, makes you wanna shout worldstar at the screen. Only managed 3 on going fights at once at most myself without getting modules.
If you stick around long enough, and once MM had done its work already, most of the class will hate eachother. They start competing over their partners/lovers, they all reach the hate-hole levels of dislike and either start fighting eachother or remain in single partner relationships with *some* cards, while fighting eachother.

Most of my games end up like this - depending on what i want to do - i either pick a chick i want to get in the pants of, or just fuck everyone simultaneously without getting into a relationship, then i (ab)use my superior love count with the girls to shoo the guys away. This, clearly, annoys the guys, who then all start hating me, and after theyve crossed their breaking point - they all come down on me like a ton of bricks. Since im using the "martial artist" module, and keep my strength at the top of the rankings, i win every fight, but they... they just dont seem to get the message. It gets boring after a while, especially with the violent trait types, who will constantly try to fight whoever they hate.

FYI, the Polyamorous module does not work on characters with the Evil trait. It'll prevent the "Cheater!" opinion, but it won't stop them from getting the "TOGETHER FOREVER" and "I'll get you" opinions of their lover and those they cheat with. I've got a that I download with both the Evil trait and the Polyamorous module in my current game, and she's currently planning a double homicide.
For some reason this does not surprise me. I always consider traits to be more influential than modules, and evil trait in particular is a troublemaker. In my ~220 card stack i have exactly 2 cards with the evil trait. One came with the default batch of cards, the other is a chick thats both evil and lucky (*shudders* the terror!). These dont need modules, theyre a menace in and of themselves... but only if you get into a relationship with them. Heh heh...

Whats more - modules in general are wonky. Its like a card with a module on is hotwired to do something, but it doesnt always work. One example is somewhat recent, where my flytrap got dumped, even though with her traits and the casanova module this shouldnt be possible (ive designed her with absentminded trait, so she doesnt break up on her own, and the casanova module was there to prevent her lovers from dumping her; in case a competition happened, she also has the indecisive trait to not demolish the LLDH of the competing party by choosing one over the other).

The other example is the, initially praised by me, cruel module, thats meant to send losers of a fight to the infirmary for the rest of the break period. On multiple occasions i would see the losers still operate for a while, after getting their ass beat, but the major reason i scrapped that module was the collateral damage it did to the class - sometimes the loser of a fight would get stuck on some scenery, becoming un-interactable, while other NPCs tried to interact with them, causing a traffic jam of sorts. Other times the loser would also become un-interactable, while getting stuck in the corridor opposite the infirmary, trying to get out. Finally... i was expecting this module to make the loser of a fight un-interactable while in the infirmary, which isnt the case.

In general, modules are meh. They are wonky, do too much, or cant even do the little they have to do (hey, the module that prevents slaps? i got slapped multiple times while having it on my PC; and i dont mean slapped by walking into the girls toilets/change rooms or as a result of taking a peek at their panties when a random gust of wind blows up their skirts... or lack thereof, given how all the girls in my classes are going in commando!). Modules are unreliable, and i dont think anyone can do anything about it.

EDIT: oh! While im here - a question:

What exactly does the setting to let AI take over my PC do? Ive read somewhere it disables H-scenes, but id like a better explanation. Is it just a type of spectator mode?

Last edited:

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
For some reason this does not surprise me. I always consider traits to be more influential than modules, and evil trait in particular is a troublemaker. In my ~220 card stack i have exactly 2 cards with the evil trait. One came with the default batch of cards, the other is a chick thats both evil and lucky (*shudders* the terror!). These dont need modules, theyre a menace in and of themselves... but only if you get into a relationship with them. Heh heh...

Whats more - modules in general are wonky. Its like a card with a module on is hotwired to do something, but it doesnt always work. One example is somewhat recent, where my flytrap got dumped, even though with her traits and the casanova module this shouldnt be possible (ive designed her with absentminded trait, so she doesnt break up on her own, and the casanova module was there to prevent her lovers from dumping her; in case a competition happened, she also has the indecisive trait to not demolish the LLDH of the competing party by choosing one over the other).

The other example is the, initially praised by me, cruel module, thats meant to send losers of a fight to the infirmary for the rest of the break period. On multiple occasions i would see the losers still operate for a while, after getting their ass beat, but the major reason i scrapped that module was the collateral damage it did to the class - sometimes the loser of a fight would get stuck on some scenery, becoming un-interactable, while other NPCs tried to interact with them, causing a traffic jam of sorts. Other times the loser would also become un-interactable, while getting stuck in the corridor opposite the infirmary, trying to get out. Finally... i was expecting this module to make the loser of a fight un-interactable while in the infirmary, which isnt the case.

In general, modules are meh. They are wonky, do too much, or cant even do the little they have to do (hey, the module that prevents slaps? i got slapped multiple times while having it on my PC; and i dont mean slapped by walking into the girls toilets/change rooms or as a result of taking a peek at their panties when a random gust of wind blows up their skirts... or lack thereof, given how all the girls in my classes are going in commando!). Modules are unreliable, and i dont think anyone can do anything about it.
I think the Polyamorous module could have been written to handle evil characters correctly, but either this was an oversight on the part of the module creator, or they never intended for it to work with evil characters. Typically the module descriptions are so vague that you can't actually tell what the creator's intentions were, and you end up having to dig through the trigger code to see what it actually does.

Some modules are actually broken in some ways, but what I think happens more often is that they're tested in isolation where they will seemingly work fine, but then when you put it on a card, possibly with other modules, and dump it into a full class of cards that all have their own modules you start seeing unexpected interactions or conflicts between different modules. Modules are often fighting each other to react to the same events, and depending on what they want to do there might be no issue at all, or one module will take precedence over another and the loser in that conflict won't actually get to do what it intended.

What exactly does the setting to let AI take over my PC do? Ive read somewhere it disables H-scenes, but id like a better explanation. Is it just a type of spectator mode?
It is essentially a spectator mode. Your character will behave like an NPC and do everything autonomously. NPC-only modules/triggers will now also apply to them since they'll start emitting and reacting to NPC events.

Last edited:

sinrtb

Nov 4, 2017
How do you remove the censor?

I am not running anything that was not included in the zip file. I enabled the scripts that I needed to play but otherwise everything is vanilla (in relation to the zip file downloaded at the top of the the thread). But still the censor remains.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
How do you remove the censor?

I am not running anything that was not included in the zip file. I enabled the scripts that I needed to play but otherwise everything is vanilla (in relation to the zip file downloaded at the top of the the thread). But still the censor remains.
That version of the game linked to in the OP is outdated. Follow to get a working setup

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes