Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Hey, does anyone know how to make the game run in 2k? The launcher has all those funky resolutions, but no 2560x1440. Nothing above 1920x1080 works anyway, it just spits out that "chosen screen resolution exceeds the size of your desktop" error. (Scaling is set to 100%)

There was a link about hex editing AA2 on the wiki, but the site it leads to is dead now.
Manually typing 2560x1440 into the resolution box works as this is what I've done. I'm not sure why you're getting that error on resolutions above 1080p though. Are you using the AA2MiniPPX version of the game?

Reactions: Broken Bot

Broken Bot

Jan 22, 2024
Manually typing 2560x1440 into the resolution box works as this is what I've done.
My man, you're awesome, thanks! Didn't know you can type it in lol, it worked.

But yea, MiniPPX. I would assume it's because most of the presets go over 1440p, hence "resolution exceeds the size of your desktop" error

Reactions: Grim

xBc

Apr 13, 2019
Is there a way to tell it which monitor to open in, if I do my full screen resolution I seem to be unable to change it to monitor 2 even with windows screen switching commands.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Is there a way to tell it which monitor to open in, if I do my full screen resolution I seem to be unable to change it to monitor 2 even with windows screen switching commands.
You could set the secondary monitor as your main display prior to launching the game, and then reset your main display afterwards. Not sure if there's an easier way. I think the game is too old to handle the modern Windows commands for moving programs between displays.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
You know... i just retraced parts of this thread (out of boredom or just looking for the relics of the ancients) and i found... my first post on this thread! Wow... time flies. But thats not whats important here, because...

Is it possible to lewd a lesbian? I can literally bed any chick within a day or two, but this one chick is being an absolute ass, including the "guys are not for me" line. Am i wasting my time? I dont want to do the "yes, maam" cheat if i can avoid it.
...you should go to the post i linked and scroll to the top of the page. You will be surprised how we retroactively found the same Mega link only recently.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
You know... i just retraced parts of this thread (out of boredom or just looking for the relics of the ancients) and i found... my first post on this thread! Wow... time flies. But thats not whats important here, because...

...you should go to the post i linked and scroll to the top of the page. You will be surprised how we retroactively found the same Mega link only recently.
That's the problem when mods are scattered all over the far reaches of the internet. It's hard to tell exactly what all is out there unless somebody links it. I didn't see that pack listed anywhere until I saw somebody mention it on 4chan.

Reactions: Monosomething

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
That's the problem when mods are scattered all over the far reaches of the internet. It's hard to tell exactly what all is out there unless somebody links it. I didn't see that pack listed anywhere until I saw somebody mention it on 4chan.
Im not hating! Just noting how the ancients knew far more than we do now... heh.

No idea if true, but ive heard both the French and Brits lost their ability to build their MBTs. Sounds outrageous to me, because how could this even happen, right? Did they... lose the plans for the vehicles? Nobody skilled enough to put one of those tanks together anymore? What? Alas, that is what appears to be happening. Another similarly stupid thing is - theres no people skilled enough to renovate statues. Oh, a statue portraying a horse had its nose chipped? Well, someone is shit out of luck out there, since nobody can fix that.

Almost walking into "Ancient Aliens" territory of bullshit here, so ima stop here, hehe.

Reactions: Grim

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Im not hating! Just noting how the ancients knew far more than we do now... heh.

No idea if true, but ive heard both the French and Brits lost their ability to build their MBTs. Sounds outrageous to me, because how could this even happen, right? Did they... lose the plans for the vehicles? Nobody skilled enough to put one of those tanks together anymore? What? Alas, that is what appears to be happening. Another similarly stupid thing is - theres no people skilled enough to renovate statues. Oh, a statue portraying a horse had its nose chipped? Well, someone is shit out of luck out there, since nobody can fix that.

Almost walking into "Ancient Aliens" territory of bullshit here, so ima stop here, hehe.
I think I've been spoiled by Nexus Mods, and to a lesser extent the Steam workshop, where it's so much easier to find the mods you want. With this game you've got to be part detective, part rocket scientist to get anywhere

• Haha
Reactions: Monosomething

Zadke

Nov 21, 2017
bruh easier way, just follow the 4chan thread or join the goatcord or the modclub kinda every mod that works on ppx environment is posted on those plus from time to time some anons post good props

• Hey there
Reactions: JustAl

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
bruh easier way, just follow the 4chan thread or join the goatcord or the modclub kinda every mod that works on ppx environment is posted on those plus from time to time some anons post good props
I started checking the 4chan thread recently, but I won't be joining any Discord servers

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Does anybody know what causes this problem with the low-poly model?
low_poly_broken.jpg
I've encountered this before with other cards, and in those instances I just changed the outfit to something else. In this case I'd like to salvage the outfit if possible. It looks fine on the high-poly model, but the low-poly clearly has some issues. This is the card for reference:

Zadke

Nov 21, 2017
View attachment 3712290
I've encountered this before with other cards, and in those instances I just changed the outfit to something else. In this case I'd like to salvage the outfit if possible. It looks fine on the high-poly model, but the low-poly clearly has some issues. This is the card for reference:
no one cares for low polys thats the answer mate

After a long, long time... Ever since the year 2014... It's happening.
View attachment 3712427

1717730876973.png

• Haha

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
no one cares for low polys thats the answer mate
Obviously I care or I wouldn't be asking. I can tolerate the low-poly outfits not always matching the appearance of the high-poly, but a legless NPC running around is too distracting even for me.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Obviously I care or I wouldn't be asking. I can tolerate the low-poly outfits not always matching the appearance of the high-poly, but a legless NPC running around is too distracting even for me.
Have you used the skimpy female teacher outfit before? That one is missing legs too. I got used to it, though - its better to have a "floating" teacher, than a prude... heh heh.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Have you used the skimpy female teacher outfit before? That one is missing legs too. I got used to it, though - its better to have a "floating" teacher, than a prude... heh heh.
Yeah I think I've noticed before that that one was broken. I think I just picked an alternate outfit since there's quite a few options now with all of the different outfit packs. The clothes on the card I linked are custom though, which is the only reason I'd like to fix it if possible.

Zadke

Nov 21, 2017
I mean that not a lot of ppl care about it so they dont bother making low poly clothes or shit in general, isn'tbroken or a bug just modders that dont care about that, if you want to fix them YOU need to make the lowpoly clothes yourself or dunno maybe put together other lowpoly clothes

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I mean that not a lot of ppl care about it so they dont bother making low poly clothes or shit in general, isn'tbroken or a bug just modders that dont care about that, if you want to fix them YOU need to make the lowpoly clothes yourself or dunno maybe put together other lowpoly clothes
From what I've noticed before with other custom outfits is that they just override an existing outfit, rather than adding one to a brand new slot, and the low-poly version just looks like whatever outfit it's overriding. The visible low-poly parts for the outfit on that card do look like the outfit it's overriding, but something has broken the legs for some reason.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
View attachment 3712290
I managed to "fix" it:
fixed_low_poly.jpg
Obviously it doesn't perfectly match the high-poly version since there is no actual low-poly mesh/textures for the custom parts of the outfit, but I'm content with just not having invisible legs.

The custom outfit was set to override the outfit in slot 89 which has stockings. The broken legs seem to be the result of setting the socks to anything but stockings on an outfit that normally has them, and the custom shoes/leg wrap were overriding the "Wrapping" style socks + leather shoes. I instead set the outfit to override slot 88 instead, which is the same outfit without stockings, so setting the Wrapping socks on this outfit causes no issues, and then I just had to set the correct leather shoe type for both indoors and outdoors using QtEdit.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes