Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Alright. What the hell is going on here?

Untitled.jpg

If you notice, the lean homo chick next to my character is my lover since *yesterday* (she was the one to ask, not me). Weve had sex yesterday, and the status window said the usual "mai waifu" (lean homo characters never fall in love with the opposite sex, btw, so no "lets get married!" or "overflowing love"), but in the morning this day, it went from "mai waifu" to "lovers, for now", and now it dropped to this. Mechanically speaking, nothing changed - dealing with her is still like trying to hand-feed a velociraptor, but she is compliant for the most part. What puzzles me here, is how could this happen? Her Qtedit LLDH stats with me are 24, 5, 0, 1. I have not cheated on her (read: no hugs, kisses, gropes or sex with another NPC). That one hate could not have possibly swing her status like this, could it? Or is it the presence of another dyke (the teacher position) thats the problem? More importantly - this specific status only shows if you havent reached 30 total count in LLDH, which i most certainly did. This save is over two in-game weeks old by now (although i have added the 4 bottom characters a week and a half ago, including my time-and-space travelling/body snatching PC).

Im legitimately confused.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: Day 3 of this...

Untitled2.jpg

My assumption about another dyke being the issue was correct, it seems. See the change in the status? No, dont look at the lover, but the teacher. It kind of surprises me, since the AI in this game is... primitive, to say the least. It doesnt have desires or goals like in EU4 or similar strategy games. It doesnt plan ahead. Its just a simple numbers game, resulting from interactions, and yet, here it looked like my lover "saw" a better potential partner and had doubts? Or something?

Still confused about this.

Last edited:

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Nice to know you're enjoying the game and experimenting Monosomething! I guess you're using fewer characters than the full 25 to experiment with moods more closely and cultivate your relationship with the queer character across boundaries and study how the game's relationship mechanics work.

From what time I have spent playing the game, I feel as if the game degrades relationship points automatically, either by pure loss per period and per day, or through simulating social activity between transitions as if it was happening even when it wasn't -- which would make sense to provoke relationships to form in the midst of a player who rapidly chooses to skip to the next period constantly when they're farming stats.

I recommend you check out the to decipher what's happening.

She proposed to be your lover but mechanically shouldn't do that. Assuming she was able to toggle the flag for lover on in the first place, the transition of her not being your lover the next day means she somehow forgot she was your lover. This is a trick certain modules do on purpose sometimes, but in this case it was spontaneous. For her to court the teacher would only add another lover to her list and not immediately break your relationship status.

Onwards to the next day. "Mai waifu" rank means you have max love with the character, but have not declared Lover status. This is expected in the case that she forgot your Lover status. "Lovers, for now" means she has suffered a huge love points loss for you at some point, and "Don't know" generally means neutral.

I remember some interesting relationship evolutions during my time playing. Simulated dynamic disposition changes and NPCs spreading rumors to each other can affect your relationships significantly, so watch out for your character's name appearing in student dialogue. If you see someone spreading bad rumors about you, talking to them to get higher opinion of you to stop the spread of negativity is wise. Although some characters are designed to wreck reputation severely and often so that's where fun with jerk characters and assassination / jailing fueled by custom module triggers gets involved.

The game seems to favor neutral or low relationship disposition, so even hetero lovers would separate without positive interaction.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Nice to know you're enjoying the game and experimenting Monosomething! I guess you're using fewer characters than the full 25 to experiment with moods more closely and cultivate your relationship with the queer character across boundaries and study how the game's relationship mechanics work.

From what time I have spent playing the game, I feel as if the game degrades relationship points automatically, either by pure loss per period and per day, or through simulating social activity between transitions as if it was happening even when it wasn't -- which would make sense to provoke relationships to form in the midst of a player who rapidly chooses to skip to the next period constantly when they're farming stats.

I recommend you check out the to decipher what's happening.

She proposed to be your lover but mechanically shouldn't do that. Assuming she was able to toggle the flag for lover on in the first place, the transition of her not being your lover the next day means she somehow forgot she was your lover. This is a trick certain modules do on purpose sometimes, but in this case it was spontaneous. For her to court the teacher would only add another lover to her list and not immediately break your relationship status.

Onwards to the next day. "Mai waifu" rank means you have max love with the character, but have not declared Lover status. This is expected in the case that she forgot your Lover status. "Lovers, for now" means she has suffered a huge love points loss for you at some point, and "Don't know" generally means neutral.

I remember some interesting relationship evolutions during my time playing. Simulated dynamic disposition changes and NPCs spreading rumors to each other can affect your relationships significantly, so watch out for your character's name appearing in student dialogue. If you see someone spreading bad rumors about you, talking to them to get higher opinion of you to stop the spread of negativity is wise. Although some characters are designed to wreck reputation severely and often so that's where fun with jerk characters and assassination / jailing fueled by custom module triggers gets involved.

The game seems to favor neutral or low relationship disposition, so even hetero lovers would separate without positive interaction.
Well, i have not modded the game in any way. In fact, i have followed the document posted in this thread somewhere to get the most up to date version of the game and get it to run, but nothing beyond that, so theres no... issues with any mods - the game is pretty much stock.

I have read the wiki before, and honestly? Apart from 3 or 4 statuses in total, the rest is utter junk. The "hate, but love" might make you worried if you get it on a lover, but that just means you have 1 or 2 points of hate to, like, 28 points of love. Fearmongering is what is it. Another stupid status is "close friends, but not quite lovers". This one means absolutely nothing. Now... im not sure where the "breaking point" is on a scale of 1 to 30, but im guessing its 15 points? In that case, "close friends, but not quite lovers" might mean a 50/50 split between love and like... which, in the grand scheme of things, doesnt do much (from what ive fiddled with the game) - one needs to go beyond 20 for NPCs to accept any relations. What i have learned, though, is that low virtue characters only need likes (which that lover of mine in the pic above is - i think my LLDH with her when she asked to be lovers was around 9, 21, 0, 0), while high virtue ones need love. Theres other factors, obviously, like traits and sexual orientation, but overall - this seems to be the rule.

And yep, yep - the player doesnt exist in a vacuum, and in this game, the NPCs i havent bothered with might very well be spreading bad rumors about me. Especially the schemer ive added. I have checked across all NPCs in Qtedit to see how all of this is developing, but i did notice the "Dont know" crowd to have a few LLDH points here and there. They didnt get them from me - i only spoke to each of them once and gave each a "praise" to remove the "Havent spoken to" status. If the schemer turning people against me is behind this (twisted) relationship of mine... i mean, im number 2 on the strenght list, while hes at the bottom - if hes got a problem with me, "step right up, buddy". I like to "tend" to my girls - i just drop by from time to time, given how busy things might get in this game, and drop them a talk about love or sex. Just to keep them interested. It doesnt look like stats drop on their own - its primarily bad rumors people spread or failed interactions that account for that, but to drop from "mai waifu", through "lovers, for now" to "dont know" would require a breakup to happen. It didnt, and as you can see, on the next day the situation fixed itself. And, to correct you, "mai waifu" is the lover status (declared). Otherwise you get pointless statuses like "i think i like them" or "overflowing love" (if orientation allows).

I did a test a while ago. Just me and a teacher. The first interaction i initiated was simple - a praise, some talk about weather and such. You know, just to get to know them. Then the chick leaves... and returns a couple seconds later (no other NPCs but us), and the first interaction of hers with me was, and i quote, "Lowlife!" I was so amused with this, it was ridiculous lol
That one just proved to me that what NPCs do is totally random. Theres no plan or reason in what they do and how they react with one another. Its just numbers.

My very first game of this was with a full roster. Problem was the same then as it would be now - with this many people its pure chaos in the school. The largest class ive made next contained 15 characters (teacher and me included in this number), divided into 3 classes. I dont aim to create a harem, since i find it physically impossible to keep all of the girls happy and... unaware of each other. The NPCs talk, spread rumors and do other nasty stuff all the time. All it takes is for one to ask another if they like me, which results, among other things, with a slap on the face. I also aint greedy, which is why i put a bunch of male NPCs to do "stuff". I just let things play out and frequently play a loner just to stay outside of all the drama and watch it unfold. It is fun.

What would really make me excited would be a mod that displays the LLDH for the NPC i am interacting with, so that i wouldnt have to end the day and visit Qtedit over and over again to see what went on or changed. Yes, its just two clicks, but its two clicks i could do without. Oh well...

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Monosomething, I forgot to mention earlier that NPCs carry more than one opinion at a time but only display one opinion when you inspect them at the Buddha statue. As for LLDH info in-game, it's definitely possible as I made debug triggers just to check the status of a particular mood versus what mood is being displayed at the statue; I was doing this to make my own overhaul of the "Easy Victim" module that's less restrictive towards making NPCs become aggressive but not purely random or suffocatingly frequent.

The pseudocode for the triggers would be something like: If the player talks to an NPC and selects "nevermind" twice in a row, print a message for LLDH data in the format: {Full Name of NPC target}: Lo:{Love} Li:{Like} Di:{Dislike} Ha:{Hate}. Not hard to imagine but it'd be my first time tracking consecutive interactions like that. I needed to get to it eventually though. No promises on when I'd get to it but seems like something worth doing.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Monosomething

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Monosomething, I forgot to mention earlier that NPCs carry more than one opinion at a time but only display one opinion when you inspect them at the Buddha statue. As for LLDH info in-game, it's definitely possible as I made debug triggers just to check the status of a particular mood versus what mood is being displayed at the statue; I was doing this to make my own overhaul of the "Easy Victim" module that's less restrictive towards making NPCs become aggressive but not purely random or suffocatingly frequent.

The pseudocode for the triggers would be something like: If the player talks to an NPC and selects "nevermind" twice in a row, print a message for LLDH data in the format: {Full Name of NPC target}: Lo:{Love} Li:{Like} Di:{Dislike} Ha:{Hate}. Not hard to imagine but it'd be my first time tracking consecutive interactions like that. I needed to get to it eventually though. No promises on when I'd get to it but seems like something worth doing.
Appreciate your effort, though i have to add something - id actually like to see the LLDH counter (partial), not the LLDH sum/count. Qtedit displays both (partial is higher, sum is lower), and im fine looking up the LLDH sum in Qtedit - reason being that i want to see the addition to LLDH due to interactions, on the fly. In a way, it would be something like that built-in mod in Artificial Girl 3 (posted on this site), showing a bunch of characters, their stats, locations and showing how it grows and resets over time, although limited to only the character im interacting with (no need to have the whole screen cluttered with 15 or whatever characters stats), and only to the LLDH counter (couldnt care less about other stuff ive mentioned in the comparison, like location).

Overall it comes down to one thing: i think the wiki is lying (or is unaware of) about LLDH gains through only chat interactions, sex, insults and fights (the two latter generate hate, one locally against one target, the other against the whole class; i will get to that at the end of this post). There must be more sources of LLDH that arent mentioned. For example - it looks like sex increases love significantly (up to 3 count per, so about +90 in partial LLDH counter), but wiki doesnt mention that. In the same tab, if love is increased by sex, whats the point of head patting, hugs, kisses and groping? According to the wiki - it swings moods, but swinging someones moods is rarely an issue with as little as chatting about love/sex. Sources of love are extremely scarce - seems like the only source of love points is "talking about love" (but has a drawback of also giving you like points, which you most likely dont want to increase anymore, due to them evening out the score with love points), "talking about sex" (gives same amount of love points, but has a low chance to succeed), and sex itself. In comparison, every talk about hobbies, food, interests and about love gives a TON of like points, and all can be done 3 times (before penalty) within a single time period (amounting to 180 partial like points = total of 6 like count) vs love gain options, where you get a measly 45 partial love points (excluding sex - that comes WAAAY later). Confusing? Yep, im confused too, and disappointed.

So, about Insult and Fight: i have used the same class i posted in my previous posts about the dyke, losing interest and regaining it on the next day, that fixed itself. I think i found the source of the problem, although the example of the dyke was still an outlier/bug. The inexplainable loss in favor seems to be a reaction to MY opinion of them, rather than theirs of me - something i have no influence over, but acting like a debuff both ways. Strangely, if my character hates someone, the other side will react as if they hated me. As mentioned, that specific bug wasnt present on the dyke, as she responded normally, in spite of my (supposed) loss of favor towards her.

Untitled.png

What i did was select a random guy in class (top left corner) for beat up. Since i was far ahead in strength vs him, i was able to destroy him over 100 times (it took a in-game week or something), to then realize that on a certain morning he suddenly got magically stronger (his strength did not increase) than me and started beating me up upon every attempt (that confused the hell out of me, since i was the top of the strength list, while he was 8th, so i ended the test soon after... rage quit tiiiime!).

We both shared mutual hate for each other, but thats beyond the point - whats interesting, and tied to the dykes bug, was that the three chicks in the middle part of the class suddenly gained the "Dont Know" status vs me (or worse, as seen on the pic) (i have obviously improved the relations with the middle chick for the purpose of the test compared to my other post + the other people i couldnt give a shit about). All three of them had a minimum of between 14-15 points in love and like in opinion of me, but in spite that, it appears a kind of group behavior appeared here - even my "closest allies" (the teacher + the bottom part of the class + the middle and right hand side guy) also had me generate hate against them (not enough to turn me against them/them against me, however i have hated each of these NPCs by about an average of 5-8 hate points, including the dyke before i broke up with her).

Why would such a mechanic exist? If some sadist (like me, haha) picks up this game and starts beating people up, they will get punished by the game, by having their character hate everyone in class, resulting in the class turning against them. Seems to me, like giving the PC an opinion was a design flaw. Why would the PC have an opinion in the first place? Every choice youre presented with you pick with complete disregard of your opinion of someone (that you dont even know or will ever know without Qtedit). Hell, youre able to accept sometimes important confessions or lover requests, whilst not having enough LLDH count to actually be able to do that, and yet, as far as hate is concerned, it seems to punish the PC. Anyways, the bug with the dyke must have been somewhat related to this, as (like ive mentioned in the previous post) her opinion of me was "high enough" for the relationship to work. Strange and interesting, this.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Appreciate your effort, though i have to add something - id actually like to see the LLDH counter (partial), not the LLDH sum/count. Qtedit displays both (partial is higher, sum is lower), and im fine looking up the LLDH sum in Qtedit - reason being that i want to see the addition to LLDH due to interactions, on the fly. [...]
This is above my talent and intent at the moment. The difference between the 2 approaches is that quoting the total sum is simple, but getting the chance of values per interaction is tricky, and due to certain module functions getting an accurate score may not be reliable. Some modules take the strength of an interaction's chance and result and multiply up or down, some bypass one type of increase and pour it into another type. Some modules randomize what increases and how much.

At least for what I've seen, I think it's possible to get the score of emotions for each individual interaction right as it's made (modules use this to operate on them), but I don't know how to get the score after modules and traits have their way with influencing it -- the triggers interject when the event they're monitoring for is queued, but I'm not certain what order each trigger operates in before the result. I expect it to flow from top-down in order, but then the effectiveness of any modules (packaged triggers and globals) I made would be subject to running somewhere inconveniently in the stack depending on where the card user put it in, quoting what it's reading on the moment but being inaccurate because another trigger worked on the numbers immediately after they were read and posted. So this is a particular kind of problem I've not seen taken care of yet. I think it's possible by measuring the values at the opening of a conversation, saving them to globals, then collecting the values after the interaction in other globals and evaluating them. Seems right but produces more globals and some weight in monitoring.

I'll get to the rest of what you posted later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monosomething

astyboi

Feb 7, 2020
Hey so I can't seem to get MCP [The more positions mod] working for aa2mini, I used the wizard and synced the .7z file but no changes to my game, anyone know what i could be doing wrong? Btw I have the wizard installer in the main game directory.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Hey so I can't seem to get MCP [The more positions mod] working for aa2mini, I used the wizard and synced the .7z file but no changes to my game, anyone know what i could be doing wrong? Btw I have the wizard installer in the main game directory.
I did it manually with the new version of AA2MiniPPX and had no issues. I recall reading that the PPX version shouldn't be using AA2 install. It seemed intuitive enough to handle by hand. Just make sure when installing the shadowsets that no active shadowset replaces the same files within the game's hierarchy.

1337P373

Jun 13, 2017
I have one pc running windows 10 that runs this no problem, but when I try to run it on my new windows 11 pc I get this error: 1699001391379.png and the game still starts after hitting ok but none of the ppx mods load. I've followed the steps in the google docs, the only issue I run into is when I try to instiall the vc_redists I get an error saying there is already another version installed. What am I doing wrong?

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
1337P373, I suggest you keep reading the instructions from the Modern Install guide, and download the game through the torrent mentioned at the top of that guide. It definitely works on Windows 11 without fuss.

That said, Artificial Academy 2 felt really fun to play. Are there any other games that go deeper into social chaos?

1. Hentai Highscool Plus is about managing the school as the principal but doesn't seem to focus on random dynamic interpersonal relationships involving a player and NPCs.
  2. Modded Sims played this way is bogged down by random wishes and events along with needs maintenance that can turn your intended fun adventure into an unintended mire of sidequests and diversions that separate the player from anything fun happening. NPCs have their own distant burdens too so you're often left alone in a kind of personal bubble of solitude for too much of the time.
  3. Koikatsu and its Sunshine spinoff only has one boy as the player, and the girls don't seem to socialize. I only played Sunshine so while I got a taste of the new topic-seeking mechanic I didn't see any stat-building or conflict.
  4. Honey Select 2 has the best character designing from Illusion but it's the worst of their games in having fun with social dynamics.

Is there really anything that feels quite like Artificial Academy 2's social chaos? I want to put digital people into a metaphorical blender of emotions and see them smash into each other and my own player-driven character. Sex possibility preferred but not 100% required.

Last edited:

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Artificial Academy 2 felt really fun to play. Are there any other games that go deeper into social chaos?
No.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Seriously, though - probably not since that is what kept the game going for so long. Try asking in the recommendations section - maybe they can come up with ideas. Granted, they would probably start by mentioning everything you listed. :rolleyes:

• Red Heart
Reactions: JustAl

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Wow. Y'know, I can see Koikatsu's potential to almost be an unofficial AA3 with heavy modding put in. It has a map of different rooms, NPCs travelling and interacting with set points for animation, lots of personalities (on the girl side) with different animation expression across them, and girls do have dialogue lines that hint at more hostile elements. It's built in Unity which helps plenty. Sunshine is built in a newer version of Unity than original Koikatsu, so perhaps it's a good place to start a Franken-katsu import-merge of the first game into the second, then turn it into a new and janky almost-AA3. Like that mod for Fallout New Vegas that imports the entirety of Fallout 3 into it then lets the player commute between the settings.

One aspect that's good about AI generation is that voice cloning is getting better. This will help flesh out the missing lines necessary for all the girl personalities, and enable the creation of complete male voice sets from practically nothing.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
JustAl I did try Koikatsu (both the original and Sunshine), and this is over9000% the reason I could not get into it: everyone exists for YOU, i.e., other characters do not socialize/form relationships. I played the original too long ago to state this with absolute certainty, but I believe it had the girls sometimes seek the player out, too - something that crossed my mind after I realized that in Sunshine there is no such thing and everybody is simply prancing around waiting for me to go fetch them like a pokemon. Oh, and there was the "my school loads for over a minute every day" part in my Koikatsu experience.

With the "function over form" pendulum - "function" being [the variety of] gameplay [mechanics], and the "form" being visual fidelity/realism - still being in the "form" position, I have little hope to see anything remotely close to AA2 short-term.

• Sad
Reactions: JustAl

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I have little hope to see anything remotely close to AA2 short-term.
I have played AG3, and in comparison to this, its absolutely bare bones in terms of content. Minimal ability to interact, no relationship building (other than, essentially, "more rape"), no drama (since the player is the only guy in the world), no way to just sit back and enjoy the social chaos.

I would love to see AA3 too, but with Illusion dead... yeah. Not happening.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Tsugumi it seems the original Koikatsu is better by just that one element alone. It confirms my suspicion -- while I was looking through AA2 mods, the user had , which felt like a bad sign. So I guess the original Koikatsu probably sees more modding considering the updater for K-Sunshine rarely sees more content. Even Honey Select 2 sees more modding.

Monosomething, I don't know what AG3 is, please confirm. You mean "Artificial Girl 3"?

I just verified what happened with Illusion via the wiki, . They formally announced closure and a new company appeared using their assets for a new game. "IllGames" is their name, and their first game is "HoneyCome", using Honey Select and Koikatsu assets.

I wonder if violent content is the reason why they're so tame now. They survived releasing RapeLay and AA2, so... hmm... what conundrum did they provoke to close Illusion and probably work under IllGames?

Last edited:

1337P373

Jun 13, 2017
1337P373, I suggest you keep reading the instructions from the Modern Install guide, and download the game through the torrent mentioned at the top of that guide. It definitely works on Windows 11 without fuss.
I am definitely, 100%, using the version from the torrent in the modern install guide. I have deleted and redownloaded it three times, the third time I factory reset Windows (this is a new machine anyway so I didn't lose much by doing so) to make sure I was dealing with a clean install. As I said I'm pretty sure I've followed every step from the modern install guide, but I'm also doing this project as a distraction from the pain of a recent surgery so it's possible I'm missing something. Can someone tell me what the error I shared says? I don't even know where one character ends and the next begins when it comes to reading Japanese and it might help me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

AhegaoLover

Aug 5, 2016
Guys, is there a way to prevent public sex from happening? It totally fucks up my teacher playthrough, the Evil Ai just forces the sex scene out in public, can't they drag you to a private room or something?

Bawunga

Dec 19, 2019
Guys, is there a way to prevent public sex from happening? It totally fucks up my teacher playthrough, the Evil Ai just forces the sex scene out in public, can't they drag you to a private room or something?
I think there are some modules that make the character prefer private sex, but you'd have to add it to each card manually, there's no global setting or anything, annoying as it is (as far as I'm aware at least, I'd love to be proven wrong).

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
I think there are some modules that make the character prefer private sex, but you'd have to add it to each card manually, there's no global setting or anything, annoying as it is (as far as I'm aware at least, I'd love to be proven wrong).
I did find some repositories for custom modules across the Mega links posted on the main page, and one of them contained modules you could apply to only 1 card in the roster to then take effect regularly across the entire roster, like standardizing item names, reducing stats per week to keep gameplay fresh, and renewing virginity at regular intervals. I also made a debug module that worked on every card continuously to check a certain opinion flag so it's definitely possible to make one card carry a globally-affecting set of effects.

It is also possible to make interactions towards one card get cancelled, and yet more possible to set a NPC character's answer chance to always be 0% for certain interactions. I know someone made sure their teacher NPC never said yes to hugs, kisses, or sex in normal gameplay when I used their card.

Even further, if you really don't care about having sex in public and care more about getting caught by a ClassPrez trait character, I did make a module that removes the trait if your character successfully performs Caress (head pat) or Touch on them, though I could've also just made it indiscriminately remove the trait the moment the card was added to the roster as well.

In short, yeah Teacher runs get a bit weird but you can totally make a solidly immersive teacher with attention given to custom triggers. Modules are just a package of triggers and global variables. That said, in order to call a global variable you have to create the global separately then call it from a trigger, because variables declared in trigger scripts are always in the local scope.

It's definitely possible to make a module that cancels Forced Sex then replaces the interaction with a request to take your character to a private room.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes