E-Dog

A pain in his girlfriend's ass
Donor
Apr 9, 2018
I just want to make sure. Students were assigned to desks before u left ur room right?

And as far as the dll. In the directions and that link it talks about how u manually have to edit some dll or some other file. Just win10 peeps have to. That might be the problem?
I only did the suggested mods. The huge 20 or 30 gig one i stayed away from. Didnt want to wait a couple hours for that one to finish.

I would check the directions again for what im talking about. If u assigned desks to the created students u should be able to interact with them. I would either roll through the installation again and maybe no mods. See if u can get it going with the default precreated students first. If so. Do the suggested mods only first. Sorry, but thsts all i got for ya

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
I don't know what you mean with "assigned to desks", the only thing I could do was to open some book in the top right corner that shows a roster, in which I randomly generated all students. If you mean that with "desks".

In the installation it wasn't mentioned, but now I see it in the FAQ part. It is mostly about performance (lags), not actually missing things, but I will look into it.
And I went already a second time through the installation, so it's either the .dll that you mention, or something else...

Edit:
No, nothing has changed with trying to do it with the .dll.

Edit2:
The problem is still there without the optional inluded mods.

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
I don't know what you mean with "assigned to deks", the only thing I could do was to open some book in the top right corner that shows a roster, in which I randomly generated all students. If you mean that with "desks".

In the installation it wasn't mentioned, but now I see it in the FAQ part. It is mostly about performance (lags), not actually missing things, but I will look into it.
And I went already a second time through the installation, so it's either the .dll that you mention, or something else...

Edit:
No, nothing has changed with trying to do it with the .dll.

Edit2:
The problem is still there without the optional inluded mods.
Assigned desk is what you click next to the random choice so you can choose who sits where.

Reactions: E-Dog

E-Dog

Donor
Apr 9, 2018
Once u assign the seats, the kids and teacher should be roaming around the school and stuff. That classroom are only peeps u can interact with if i remember correctly.

Oct 5, 2017

Alright, this happens every time I try to install AA2 on my computer, having followed every exact step of the installation process. What did I do wrong?

E-Dog

Donor
Apr 9, 2018

Alright, this happens every time I try to install AA2 on my computer, having followed every exact step of the installation process. What did I do wrong?
Need some more info. What os? How were u changing ur locale(specifically)? Be extremely specific on how u installed as well please.

Your issue is obviously the locale issue btw. Lets figure out why.

Oct 5, 2017
Need some more info. What os? How were u changing ur locale(specifically)? Be extremely specific on how u installed as well please.

Your issue is obviously the locale issue btw. Lets figure out why.

Here is what I got:

Error 1335. The cabinet file Datal.cabl 'necessary for this installation is broken and can not be used. There was a network error or reading error from the CD-ROM, or there may be a problem with this package ..

Error 2350. FDI server error

I changed my locale via:

To do this I followed every step from here:

1. Gathering the tools for the installation.

You'll need tools such has (modded version of Applocale) for Windows 7 and for Windows 8 and 10 (NTLEA wont work fully) so you can open the files without changing the system to Japanese. (or similar) to mount the files. (or another) to unzip files.

2. Installing the base game.
  1. Mount C:\Desktop\AA2\1- Installer\DISK1.mdf. If you're using Windows 8 you can mount it without other programs, otherwise you'll need Daemontools Lite (other mounting software has been known to fail with Japanese games, so please use Daemontools Lite - it's completely free)
  2. DO NOT autorun, but explore the mounted dvd and right-click Startup.exe and select Run with Japanese locale as administrator (you need HF pApploc for the right-click options).
  3. Refer to Startup.exe picture : If you can click the second button it means you have to install . The game will not work if you ignore it!
  4. Click the third button from the top ( ) to start the AA2 Edit (aka. Maker) setup.
  5. Click the button with (N) once.
  6. IMPORTANT: Change the destination to e.g C:\illusion\AA2Edit if you want to be able to play the game! Don't install to "Programs x86 or similar just leave it on C:\" (see picture and click the highlighted button to change the folder)
  7. Click (N) again a few times and wait while AA2 Edit installs (will only take a few seconds).
  8. When the AA2 Edit setup is complete: Click the fourth button from the top ( ) to start the game (AA2 Play) setup.
  9. Click the button with (N) once.
  10. IMPORTANT: Change the destination to e.g. C:\illusion\AA2 if you want to be able to play the game! (see picture , that's how it should look)
  11. Click N again a few times, and lastly (I), and wait while the game installs.

Up until 12 for the installation.

E-Dog

Donor
Apr 9, 2018
So im assuming u have win10? Make sure to read the link fully before u install (just in case).
It seems like u not using the applocale properly. And if i remember correctly win10 has issues with applocale as well as a directx issue.
I would try using the applocale the link suggests this time.
I would uninstall current applocale too.
All i can say is, make sure to run install manually (no autorun) (mount the larger size image) with applocale with admin rights.
Sorry dude. But its obviously an issue with u using ur applocale.

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
Assigned desk is what you click next to the random choice so you can choose who sits where.
Once u assign the seats, the kids and teacher should be roaming around the school and stuff. That classroom are only peeps u can interact with if i remember correctly.
Whether manual or random (automatic), I did the assignement already in the first place before starting exploring, that's what I said in my earlier posts.

E-Dog

Donor
Apr 9, 2018
Whether manual or random (automatic), I did the assignement already in the first place before starting exploring, that's what I said in my earlier posts.
Sorry then dude. I know u said u randomly generated students, but didnt know they were also assigned desks. (Ive only ever used students i made)
Not sure what to tell u about ur prob then.
And we were only trying to help u out dude.

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
I'll repeat the problem once more:
The problem is not generating the characters, but that the entities are neither visible or clickable. The characters are roaming the world (you can follow them with clicking on the roster (book), and a name will be visible on the top left corner), but not interactable for some reason.

I can't say where the source of the problem could be, but the entity / object of the characters are missing, which is leading to not being visible (of course) and not being clickable. And there aren't any interactions except the triggering of the voices when entering a girls area.
Except the triggering of the voice it is a chain reaction leading to no interactions, but in order to fix all that the source problem needs to fixed, which could be anything because I have no idea...

The files should be the same for all, so there should be no missing files;
The .dll that is mentioned in the FAQ just gives performance issues (can't say myself, I mean from the FAQ);
I am using Locale Emulator, but I don't think that would be the issue either if I can play the translated game.
... I seriously don't know what could be the cause of it...

Edit:
I reinstalled the game again, this time just the base game, the problem occurs even there.
I am not sure if I want to invest more time into this, rather it would be easier to search for other games...

But really strange, even the base game has the missing entities, so there are only some possible roots for the problem, so I guess:
- A game specific problem, which isn't solved by reinstalling
- Some type of installation failure, files don't get correctly installed leading to the missing entities
- some type of non-compatibility (pc, system, etc.?)
; there can't be an error from the downloaded files as this seems to be a rare case of the problem

Oct 5, 2017
So im assuming u have win10? Make sure to read the link fully before u install (just in case).
It seems like u not using the applocale properly. And if i remember correctly win10 has issues with applocale as well as a directx issue.
I would try using the applocale the link suggests this time.
I would uninstall current applocale too.
All i can say is, make sure to run install manually (no autorun) (mount the larger size image) with applocale with admin rights.
Sorry dude. But its obviously an issue with u using ur applocale.

Well, I tried the link that is suggested,and it still didnt work. So yeah, I'm fully bumed out...

I also tried Local Emulator to boot(Which was made for Win 10) and it still didn't work.

I forgot to mention I'm using Win10 atm.

OrangeGoat

May 23, 2018
no fault of anyone here, but people have made several updates and upgrades to AA2 over the years and i'm here to try and help people get up to speed. if you made any girls or what not make sure you bring them over, most information you know of probably won't matter, hell if you even knew what aa2install was you'll likely never need it again too.

for starters, people with windows 10 will be able to play this game so long as you get the mini and activate AAU's "Win10 Fix" on its launcher.

Modern Installation Guide for AA2:

AA2 Database Archives:

AA2 Mega Database:

AA2 Modding Reference Guide:

AAU Guide and Resources: (Archive Overrides page has several important AAU ready mods)

AA2 PP2 Mods Mega:

Current Database (Not managed by anyone I'm aware of, if it vanishes one day don't be surprised.):

If you have further questions, contact me on discord at Goat#6192

E-Dog

Donor
Apr 9, 2018
no fault of anyone here, but people have made several updates and upgrades to AA2 over the years and i'm here to try and help people get up to speed. if you made any girls or what not make sure you bring them over, most information you know of probably won't matter, hell if you even knew what aa2install was you'll likely never need it again too.

for starters, people with windows 10 will be able to play this game so long as you get the mini and activate AAU's "Win10 Fix" on its launcher.

AA2 Database Archives:

AA2 Mega Database:

AAU Guide and Resources: (Archive Overrides page has several important AAU ready mods)

AA2 PP2 Mods Mega:

Current Database (Not managed by anyone I'm aware of, if it vanishes one day don't be surprised.):

I dont have a prob with it, but thanks for sharing for everyone else. Im lucky enough that i have a win7 computer still working. No probs installing on it.

schbasdie12346

Mar 4, 2018

AA2 Database Archives:

AA2 Mega Database:

AA2 PP2 Mods Mega:

Sadly, the AA2Mini torrent has 0 seeders currently. Do you know of any alternative ways to download?

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes