Komahina2

Sep 23, 2020
On my Windows 11 computer it used to work, then it stopped working. So I downloaded the latest build, tried every troubleshoot, and it didn't work. Now I just get an empty window after clicking on the "Launch The game" Button that disappears immediately.

Was I supposed to put the June 2020 Redirects in a different folder than the extra folder? Are there any non-essentail scripts or toggles I can turn off? Better yet, why did it used to work and why doesn't it work anymore?

tiikerihai

Oct 22, 2022
Better yet, why did it used to work and why doesn't it work anymore?
Did you read and perform the Windows 11 specific troubleshooting instructions? Because it sounds awfully like that's exactly what your problem is. I don't wanna think about the other possibilities unless I know you followed those.

Komahina2

Sep 23, 2020
Did you read and perform the Windows 11 specific troubleshooting instructions? Because it sounds awfully like that's exactly what your problem is. I don't wanna think about the other possibilities unless I know you followed those.
They aren't on the Modern AA2 guide. Where can I see them?

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
Is there any way to do more random actions? Like will the girls show their panties or will the wind lift their skirt? Is there a way to make this happen more often?

Audiismylove

Jan 25, 2018
Audiismylove If anything, I had a headscratcher of "how to REMOVE the status", since sometimes over the weekend my relationship with the NPC deteriorated whilst simultaneously blowing the exam, so they never approached me about it again, and the statue just reported "Lewd Promise" 24/7.

Also, from the wiki:

So............kick the virtuous snobs out? Either way, sounds like "enough cheese holes aligned" to me. Maybe some interaction setting is disabled via Additional Settings in-game? Always worked for me, both in Mini and MiniPPX. :unsure:
I did check and I really don't know which setting could be responsible for that, but what i also noticed now is that, whenever it is exam week, not only the event of a lewd promise doesn't happen on Fridays, but also there's no exam on saturday. Usually the messagebox would say something like "A physical exam will be taking place after this period" or later "You did great at the academical exam" and so on. however none of these things happen.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Audiismylove If it is, in fact, NOT something like "Highest Virtue interfering" or some module...maybe something with the save itself, if you carried it over from Mini to MiniPPX? Dunno. :cry:

ironzu001

Aug 10, 2021
how the hell to be a lover with "leans homo" character? their love status never change from "i think i like them"

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
ironzu001 With patience. Lots of patience. Keep in mind that if your gender matches the preference of the "leaning homo" character, your Like point gains are halved (Love points are not), and if your gender is the opposite - vice versa. Hate and Dislike are not affected.

ironzu001

Aug 10, 2021
ironzu001 With patience. Lots of patience. Keep in mind that if your gender matches the preference of the "leaning homo" character, your Like point gains are halved (Love points are not), and if your gender is the opposite - vice versa. Hate and Dislike are not affected.
is it just about the point? i also checked on Qtedit like in this screenshot, the love point was high enough but the love stat still at "some".
i know i can edit the love stat here, but i enjoy the vanilla way sometimes

sptkc

Feb 10, 2018
is it just about the point? i also checked on Qtedit like in this screenshot, the love point was high enough but the love stat still at "some".
i know i can edit the love stat here, but i enjoy the vanilla way sometimes
It's the "Count" that decide characters relationship, points are used to add the respective counts when they reach certain amount. IIRC it needs to be 20+ to reach the next level,

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
ironzu001 To add to what they said: in terms of relationship, the game keeps track of only 30 most recent interaction results (12 + 17 + 0 + 1 in your case), after that the game removes the oldest result to accomodate the new incoming points. So ultimately...yeah, "just about the point".

ironzu001

Aug 10, 2021
It's the "Count" that decide characters relationship, points are used to add the respective counts when they reach certain amount. IIRC it needs to be 20+ to reach the next level,
ironzu001 To add to what they said: in terms of relationship, the game keeps track of only 30 most recent interaction results (12 + 17 + 0 + 1 in your case), after that the game removes the oldest result to accomodate the new incoming points. So ultimately...yeah, "just about the point".
omfg this game is such a dipshit :') thanks to u guys now i figured out how to do it.
because "lean homo" halved the love point with opposite sex, and the total maximum lldh count is 30, like point will always higher.
hence i only need interaction that only raise love which is "lewd talk" ("love talk" raise both like and love, and failure make dislike count)
so all i need was spamming "lewd talk" and 1x praise some time to make the girl stay in mood.
Screenshot (83).png 1683924044934.png

voidsocks

Aug 29, 2019
Windows 11 Fix Guide
since the people here are losers and tell new people to read guides -- usually not telling them which one, and not just saying it here so people can search for it.

Step 1: under scripts use wined3d instead of win10fix.

Step 2: Press the windows + r key at the same time. type in ms-settings:developers. Next to "Terminal" select Windows Console Host from the drop down. -- courtesy of dantallis

Your game should run now, but it's likely that borderless full screen won't work.

Step 3: Right click on AA2Play. Click properties.

Step 4: At the top of properties, select "Compatibility". Make sure "Disable fullscreen optimizations" is ticked (THIS STEP IS OPTIONAL.. try it if the next steps don't work)

Step 5: Still in the compatibility tab, select "change high dpi settings". Check "override dpi high scaling behaviour ... " and make sure application is selected. Press OK.

Step 6: It should now work on windows 11 and full screen should also work. I think depending on your mods the low poly characters will turn pitch black when you are in the interact screen for someone, but that's not a big deal.

you can find most of this out by just following the modern aa2 guide, but wording for options you need to select are different so I thought this could be helpful.

edit: still, these fixes can still end up leading to crashes, so it might just be best to play in windowed mode.

Last edited:

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
voidsocks What "guides" are you talking about? There is no "which ones" - there is only one guide, the one
tiikerihai
linked, which resides on the very same page you download the game from...and the one I keep pointing people to since they ignore every single spoiler in OP, anyway.

Name-calling just makes you look like the proverbial pot.

P.S.
since the people here are losers and tell new people to read guides
you can find most of this out by just following the modern aa2 guide

tiikerihai

Oct 22, 2022
Step 1: under scripts use wined3d instead of win10fix.
This step should almost never be taken, it's not related to Windows 11 at all and you've listed it as step 1. Actually all but 1 of those steps have literally nothing to do with Windows 11.
Never heard of anyone using step 4 as a solution to anything, step 5 is for people who get a Japanese language AA2 error which states that game resolution exceeds desktop resolution (this happens on any Windows OS that supports DPI scaling), don't know what 6 is about at all.

May 20, 2021
I have a weird issue. There is the 0% interaction bug I've heard about, however I have this issue not with the entire class, but specifically with two characters I have created. One of their vanilla traits are `serious, class prez, scheming, lucky and evil` only modules are `armed, cautious, detective, family guy, undying and under pressure performance.` they are also both set to homosexual so neither should be turning the other down due to gender preference, it even makes basic chats always fai, but oddly nothing outside that category like suggesting to study.

I am on the latest version of AA2 Unlimited (1.9.1)

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
FranklinClinton What is their mood/relationship at the time? There are too many factors at play to keep guessing which one is responsible for 0%:

1. A sad/angry character has reduced chance for many interactions;
2. Someone monogamous fails most romantic interactions with anyone aside from their lover;
3. Someone pestered more than 3 times about the same topic during the same period outright has 0% success for that topic until the next period;
4. Result for being a stubborn jerk in 3 makes the character angry -> they dislike you -> you are f......well, in my case, I had single-digit % chance for food/hobbies talks for days. Still walking on eggshells, by the way.

To paraphrase the wiki: "if an interaction has 0% chance, there is a major underlying cause" (2 and 3 are textbook examples of this - the chance is not "lowered" - the interaction itself is "blocked", so to speak). What I would do is try every Influence interaction aside from Praise - you can tell what the problem is by whichever interaction has a high success chance: Calm -> angry, Encourage -> Sad; Grumble -> hate you, etc.

voidsocks

Aug 29, 2019
voidsocks What "guides" are you talking about? There is no "which ones" - there is only one guide, the one
tiikerihai linked, which resides on the very same page you download the game from...and the one I keep pointing people to since they ignore every single spoiler in OP, anyway.

Name-calling just makes you look like the proverbial pot.

P.S.
yeah lol. people simply say "follow the guide" without saying which one. I meant, without linking to the guide or telling them where to find it

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes