Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
The developer didn't shut down, the brand "Illusion" got shut down.
Yes, that is correct - apologies for the confusion. I did not consider I-One the developer of games released under the Illusion brand. Similar to how my mind refuses to credit Alphabet as the creator of anything coming out of Google - "owner of rights to the IP", maybe? Either way, when I used the word "developer" - I was referring to the "Illusion" brand the games were released under, and only them.

they are still there and the developer formerly known as Illusion is now operating under a new name
It has been suspected AND asked - precisely because of the "Illgames" name -, and at the time Illusion made a post on their official Twitter that they are not related to Illgames in any way. Whether they lied or misled people is, of course, unknown to those not privy to all the business/bureaucratic minutiae of that particular case, but the fact remains that their "official claim" was "we are not them" in no uncertain terms. If there is proof of the opposite - I would very much appreciate being pointed to it.

it barely sold any copies compared to games like Koikatsu.
Oh? I did not know that. :unsure: Even worse, my knowledge on Koikatsu is limited to how long it takes to load :HideThePain:, how empty it is as a "game", and how it is more active/popular in terms of modding and, no surprise there, making character models for other games. :rolleyes: How bad did AA2 do?

either way I wouldn't expect a new AA2
Neither would I. :cry:

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
AA2 and AA are anomalies as far as their catalogue goes.
What do you mean by this they made another series Artifical Girl before it that was pretty similar in style and until they released Honey Select they had a good balance between "realistic" and anime-style games.

tiikerihai

Oct 22, 2022
Artificial Girl was shovelware. I'm not talking about the art style, I'm talking about the actual "game". AA2 and to a lesser extent AA had substantial game to them which is anomalous for Illusion. I don't remember if I played the original AG but I did play 2 and 3 - both of those were "wow it's nothing!" when it comes to the game part. That's the case for most of their games, the focal point is always H content. Speaking of art, AA and AA2 are not of the same art style either. AA is styled after School Mate 2 and AA2 is styled after School Mate. Most people hated the art style change from AA to AA2 back in the day.

I don't know exactly how bad AA2 did on sales, but it sold worse relative to their subsequent games. I think the biggest flaw, though, was that it was really expensive to expand it to monetize it further. Each personality had like a million lines, that's a lot of voice acting expense and there wasn't enough of a userbase around to buy those expansions.
Also these Japanese H-game companies are trying to hide their identity like batman. I wouldn't even know that Illusion was a brand of IONE-P if a Japanese person didn't tell me as much. Anyways I can't prove beyond shadow of a doubt that illgames is Illusion because that information would be available in Japanese and I don't think I'm adequately qualified to scour their corporate registries and such to put 1+1 together.

Reactions: Tsugumi

hollowreaper

May 23, 2018
I'd say comparing Koikatsu and AA2 sales isn't really fair. Since AA2 was crippled by being only sold in Japan, while Koikatsu greatly benefited from being available in all wolrldwide on Steam.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JustAl and Tsugumi

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
F95zone is the biggest unofficial community for H-games out there,
Collectively "H-Games" - perhaps, but that does not automatically make it the biggest for any one specific game without comparing it to other communities of the same game individually, otherwise it is naught but apples to oranges.

it not against the rules to be toxic
What are you talking about? Toxicity is a direct violation of General rule 1, period. Being unhelpful - yeah, not "against the rules", but here is one other factor: people often come back when the advice they were given was unhelpful to ask for further advice, but rarely does anyone bother coming back with a "thank you, that worked for me" if that same advice helped - that results in something known as "survival bias". The playing field is thus heavily skewed, which I see as a problem unless the player is not interested in fair play, to begin with.

they had PLENTY of time to make another game or at least hint at a new one before closing
Exactly - and they DID make PLENTY of games before closing. The catch: what they made barely qualifies as more than what I would call an "interactive gallery". There was hardly any "game" in their games.

How active it is or even was when it first came out? That's right. barely anyone at all.
I am not going to argue that you may be more knowledgeable about that period of time than I am - by the time I discovered this game, AAU developers started phasing PP2 out in favor of PPX. I have no experience whatsoever with whatever shamanic rituals were required to play the original AA2 without issues "when it first came out".

I ain't reading allat. Again, I accuse people of being toxic and unhelpful from my own experience + the experiences i saw others had with the same problem I did
This is precisely what I was referring to when I mentioned the difference between "useless" and "useless for you". You now know what "confirmation bias" means.

But there is a fact here, 27 out of 211 pages mention the word "guide"
Here is another fact: OP has a spoiler conveniently named "Installation" and yet people come all the time asking why their game is ridiculously slow. Nevermind the Other Sources spoiler - I always thought the M.I.G. link belonged to OP in a visible form (since I downloaded the Mini myself back in the day - I was on the other side) -, but they blatantly ignore the instructions whose raison d'etre is to steer them clear of those issues, and some feel insulted when they come asking for help and get a "why did you ignore the instruction manual?" in return.

P.S. My personal stance on helping people around here is rather simple: I am willing to work on your problem with you, not for you.

Reactions: MornarUruloki

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
MachoGuy Your posts slowly devolve into subtle attacks on the AA community on F95Zone. [...]
What you are at that point is what you accuse the people here of being - toxic and unhelpful. Not to mention lazy.
Pretty much.

[...] the developer put their chips on 3D realism afterwards instead, lost that bet and got shut down last year. [...]

AA2 is considered by Illusion fans to be their "peak" in terms of game development when it comes to mechanics and interactivity.
[...]
Oh boy, Illusion. I don't think it's too far to say that Illusion fans have some parallels with Star Wars fans. Mainly, they're fans who hate what the IP and product has become so they're bitter. Secondarily, there's some favoritism over AA2 / Koikatsu / Honey Select 2 (compare to Star Wars trilogies) depending on what your desired balance lands between gameplay and hot babe design. As a person who played much of the above, I say going for AA2 and Honey Select 2 but skipping Koikatsu is a happy medium of exposure, with Koikatsu itself being a shallow compromise.

Helpful advice for MachoGuy: if you're going to post huge forum screenshots please be kind enough to spoiler them. However you can just use normal quotes, those elegantly spoiler themselves. Plus they link back to their original post and thus surrounding context.

Nov 16, 2020
I've reinstalled the game for the 4th or 5th time, everything works perfectly, but now the "AA2QtEdit" won't open. Anyone else has had this problem?
Of course, it's the latest version and the other two .exes work well. I thought it could be something related to firewall/antivirus but I've also checked that out.

Edit: it's like the .exe is decorative, no process shows on task manager.
Ok, so replying to my own comment, I realized I was using an AA2QtEdit launcher that was not compatible with my computer, I downloaded instead. It's something I must have done before, since I have used AA2QtEdit not too long ago but I completely forgot this time.

99% of support questions related to this game stem from people not even reading the instructions on the download page. Such as "why launcher freeze?"
Thanks!!

Last edited:

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Ok, so replying to my own comment, I realized I was using an AA2QtEdit launcher that was not compatible with my computer, I downloaded instead. It's something I must have done before, since I have used AA2QtEdit not too long ago but I completely forgot this time.
For informative (but mostly curiosity satiety) purposes: are you running a pre-10 Windows OS, then? I assume that because the next QtEdit version after 1.8.4 is v2, and it seems to have abandoned pre-Win10 support, so you had to downgrade...correct?

Arde645

Apr 30, 2018
Oh? I did not know that. :unsure: Even worse, my knowledge on Koikatsu is limited to how long it takes to load :HideThePain:, how empty it is as a "game", and how it is more active/popular in terms of modding and, no surprise there, making character models for other games. :rolleyes: How bad did AA2 do?
The sales issue can be mostly relegated to the fact that it was a physical only game. You either had to fly to Japan and go to an R-18 store to grab the disks or get it shipped if you wanted to purchase a copy as a foreigner.

EDIT: IIRC Japanese residents also had the option of buying it online off the Illusion site or DMM and getting it shipped that way.

I am not going to argue that you may be more knowledgeable about that period of time than I am - by the time I discovered this game, AAU developers started phasing PP2 out in favor of PPX. I have no experience whatsoever with whatever shamanic rituals were required to play the original AA2 without issues "when it first came out".
In case you were interested, AA2 pre-PP2/PPX was a 25gb game in 2014. Playing the vanilla game was easy enough, just set your computer Locale to Japanese or use Locale Emulator. The game was made for and ran excellently natively on XP/Vista/7.

Playing modded was when things start getting complicated, with the user having to juggle about ~150 different files with nonsensical names like "jg2el02_00_04". This is without getting into editing the separate text files that each mod came with to dial things in. Running it translated was another whole thing, with you either running a modded AA2Play.exe with a translation injector (and the relevant subtitle files and dictionaries) or running a separate translation loader on the side. AAU actually uses the same (or almost the same) injector, just drastically updated and built-in.

EDIT: Honestly, what the PP2/PPX and AAU teams did for the game might as well be modern day wizardry with just how accessible and compact they were able to get everything from what it was originally.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: JustAl and Tsugumi

BoomZa Virtual

Feb 23, 2022
The sales issue can be mostly relegated to the fact that it was a physical only game. You either had to fly to Japan and go to an R-18 store to grab the disks or get it shipped if you wanted to purchase a copy as a foreigner.
classic Japan marketing (insert I'll never forgive japanese meme here)

Nov 16, 2020
For informative (but mostly curiosity satiety) purposes: are you running a pre-10 Windows OS, then? I assume that because the next QtEdit version after 1.8.4 is v2, and it seems to have abandoned pre-Win10 support, so you had to downgrade...correct?
Completely right.

can anyone help me with the yaoi stuff? the bottom loses his penis every time i make them nude...
So, regarding the problem, I understand you already have "homosex" enabled at the "unlocks" section of the launcher. Now you need to install a decent uncensor for gay sex. Check out the first link of my previous comment and install one of the uncensors (read the .png first):

Finally! I found how to make gay sex work: this is the mega that has the homosex updated files.

Please consider adding the in the section of "Other sources". It's the place where I found it after hours of following random links on notepads.

I understand this is the interest of a minority, but it was a pain. Currently, there is no trail to follow from the guide, or the other sources linked on the main page, if you don't want your partner's dick to disappear with the CIV uncensor (or different, strange, problems with other uncesors). So I'll also leave this here in case it helps another poor soul and for my own reference if I need it again.
Edit:
Anyone know how to get male voices in the H scenes? what mod do i have to download and how do i download it properly?
You might also want to check the mega above.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tsugumi and JustAl

idkanymoreatp

Jan 15, 2024
Completely right.

So, regarding the problem, I understand you already have "homosex" enabled at the "unlocks" section of the launcher. Now you need to install a decent uncensor for gay sex. Check out the first link of my previous comment and install one of the uncensors (read the .png first):

Edit:

You might also want to check the mega above.
holy shit youre a major help. i finally got it to work, if you dont mind me asking do you happen to know any more yaoi mods to enhance the game? and side note, do you have any pubic hair mods mine all look too feminine. thank you regardless

Nov 16, 2020
holy shit youre a major help. i finally got it to work, if you dont mind me asking do you happen to know any more yaoi mods to enhance the game? and side note, do you have any pubic hair mods mine all look too feminine. thank you regardless
I'm not 100% sure but I think that's pretty much it, sadly. I believe there's also a futa mod but I haven't tried it.

About pubic hair: I don't think I have seen any specific mod about it, but I think it varies a little depending on the uncensor you use (as you can see on the .png of this more obsolete ). Bear in mind that I'm far from being an expert, so maybe you can find something investigating on your own (check the "other sources" section on the first page). If you do it, good luck and inform of your results!

Reactions: JustAl

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Ok. Time to get back to it...

A mini-guide this time around. How NOT to get cucked. Im sure 99.99% of the population will find this useful. The remaining few can come up with torches, pitchforks and protest against my blatant AI and mechanics (and their fetish) abuse - i dont give two shits.

I will also be writing this from my own perspective - that of a pure hetero guy - so expect the partner to always be female. Though for the games purposes it matters none - the methods are the same for both the side in the right and the sexually impaired side.

Moving on...

I will try to keep it "in order" of things, but i might overtake my thought process a couple of times, especially if it helps get the point through. I have posted a number of pics here showing the result of my "work", but never how it happens. A lot of people will just dismiss me, and say that ive cheated and typed numbers into QtEdit to make it look good. Ive had my teenage years in the 90s - cheating back then was part of the "game" for me. Its only a few years later, that ive realized that you dont actually beat the game by cheating - you just keep fooling yourself into thinking you are winning.

So a detailed "get your hands off my girl, vermin" guide is coming up... now!

First thing we will keep as a constant is that:

1. You KNOW the mechanics of the game
2. You have been in a stable relationship with your partner for, at least, enough time to have her reach 30 love count with you
3. You are aware of whats going on, before having to see blatant cheating on her part
4. You know about MM, and that its a sneaky cunt that seems like its sleeping, but is out to get you throughout the first week of the game

a) So... the most important part of not getting cucked is to simply "spot" the problem. Throughout the first week, every time you dont have something to do - go to the statue and flip it a few times to see what all other guys opinion is of your girl and vice versa. If you can find MM doing its thing at an early stage - you will have every advantage in the book to throttle it dead in its crib.

Lets assume you spotted it early, and you found your girl having a mutual "i think i like them" status with some guy (or more, though even i wouldnt throw myself at multiple sex crazed guys - in this scenario, its "abandon ship"). As mentioned - you have the advantage here... a massive one. Trail your girl and see what shes doing - if she, or the guy, try to interact with each other - interrupt them and compete (have to click on the guy, not your girl...). In response, as long as the guy maintains the "i think i like them" status, he will compete with you. A fatal mistake on his part, but one that will aid you - your girl will ALWAYS choose you, if your love count is higher - which it should be. That will make both of them gain 3 dislike count towards each other (the guy will instead get 3 hate count towards you - not like it matters - hes just a traffic cone, anyway). Easy way to shift their status down to "no interest". You should be keeping an eye on things still, though - MM might drop a few mutual love points on both of them, if youre not careful, but at this stage it should be over.

b) you were clumsy, or preoccupied with something else, and have NOT spotted the problem, only to find out that your girl, at this stage, has taken a liking to the other schmuck, and is now getting kissed, groped, hugged or whatever. I dont want to be the one to repeat the hint you get from the game after the lesson... but i will - "you have failed"... just kidding. Not yet, anyway - if you follow the constant list ive posted above - you still have an edge in love count, so that even if your girl is in a relationship with the other guy by now, you can still turn things around, but your options now go into extremes.

During the game, you have NO way of telling how high your love count is with your girl, so you can never be sure of its number, but even at even numbers, there are still things you can do. Competing is still a valid option, though if yours and the other guys love count with your girl is more or less even (less than 5 points apart), your girl will choose neither of you in case of a competition. This, as ive mentioned, rakes you 3 dislike count per, but YOU know how to recover it quickly, while the AI doesnt. Whats more - if your girl is getting "grope-y" with the other guy - you already have the "cheater!" tag against her, but unlike the AI, you dont get the penalties the AI does from it. The AI, when faced with cheating, might start threatening their would-be partner with cheating on them in return, which nets them a whopping 3 dislike and 3 hate count per... do i have to say it? Okay: USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE! She is YOUR girl, so show the other schmuck the minefield hes stepping into - have your girl follow you, park next to your competitor, and start hugging/kissing/groping her. If you can have sex in the open, where the other guy can see it - even better - rub it in his face. That will make him annoyed to the point, where he will try to break up with your girl on his own, thus helping you solve the issue. If all else fails, you might try to force your girl into ignoring the other guy - while its not guaranteed it will always work (% chance only goes up to 70%), if it works - you can take the rest of the day off (no, you cant, you need to press the advantage, but it will buy you some time).

c) rumors arent part of the "ways" to peel the guy off your girl, but they might help. In reality, rumors are better used offensively than defensively - theyre better for wrecking relationships, rather than preventing them, but being able to tell your girl what kind of bottom feeder shes trying to align herself with can help you in quickly stabilizing the situation.

d) do not, for the love of whatever deity you choose to worship, pick a girl with anything but high and highest virtue. You need to be really on the ball to not get cucked by a normal virtue girl, while anything lower completely misses the point - you want to prevent them from becoming sex friends, and having your girl be low or lowest virtue is... *shakes head* just no.

In case anyone has any questions - shoot. Though i think this has been clear enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kujokuji and JustAl

tiikerihai

Oct 22, 2022
What's your definition of trash? Is it "I can't read basic instructions" trash or is it ~40-70 FPS trash? Both options are normal and expected, the game is single core limited and has really taxing physics. A good CPU at high clocks is needed to get frame rates above 100 with skirt visible.

Aug 5, 2021
What's your definition of trash? Is it "I can't read basic instructions" trash or is it ~40-70 FPS trash? Both options are normal and expected, the game is single core limited and has really taxing physics. A good CPU at high clocks is needed to get frame rates above 100 with skirt visible.
are you telling me that the game its capped to 60 instead of 120/144?? god... my eyes hurt

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes