edgruberman

Jul 24, 2020
If I click AA2Play.exe then I get nothing while the game runs in the background (invisible process)
If I try to launch the game through AA2Edit.exe (Which is in Japanese) then I get this error
View attachment 3976846

honestly doubting that this game is worth the hassle at this point
Corrupted file or incompatable software error. Recheck that you followed the steps under Step 1 in the Modern Installation Guide, especially the ones regarding directx, Visual C++ and NET.

If you still get the error after that, then you can try redownloading and starting again in case your download was corrupted.

edgruberman

Jul 24, 2020
Sucks to be me, tried to install this and failed twice. This is a big chore with a bad internet. Wish there was a pre-installed to play with mods. Can't do this shit working office monday to saturday XD
Just found something, game opens without both Civ ppx files, but with them it just doesn't respond on launch.
First would be checking if you skipped anything in the Modern Installation Guide. Make sure things are working in Step 1 before you start mucking about with the clothing collection packs and uncensors under Step 2.

Jul 4, 2018
Corrupted file or incompatable software error. Recheck that you followed the steps under Step 1 in the Modern Installation Guide, especially the ones regarding directx, Visual C++ and NET.

If you still get the error after that, then you can try redownloading and starting again in case your download was corrupted.
Everything's downloaded from DirectX2010, VCRedist 64/86 and the runtime, downloaded the game through Mega, UploadHaven and Pixeldrain for a total of 3 times, menu still remains japanese and the game still does not open.

EDIT: Figured it out, turns out due to my PC being set up on a Turkish version of Windows 10, my desktop was labeled as Masaüstü, which the AA2 folder couldn't read because it counted as moonrunes.

Last edited:

edgruberman

Jul 24, 2020
Everything's downloaded from DirectX2010, VCRedist 64/86 and the runtime, downloaded the game through Mega, UploadHaven and Pixeldrain for a total of 3 times, menu still remains japanese and the game still does not open.
When running AA2Play, the launcher menu is in Japanese?
Just to be sure, you're using this guide from the Other Sources: ?

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Grim , you are single-handedly fixing everything wrong with this game. I just cant keep up with refreshing the module every time you do changes... heh.

Reactions: Grim

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Grim , you are single-handedly fixing everything wrong with this game. I just cant keep up with refreshing the module every time you do changes... heh.
The only other thing I might add is to stop NPCs from spreading rumors about the same person repeatedly. Either limiting the rumors about someone to either once per period or once per day. Probably once per day since they could still theoretically spread rumors about 23 different people each day if they happen to have opinions on all of them.

Last edited:

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
The only other thing I might add is to stop NPCs from spreading rumors about the same person repeatedly. Either limiting the rumors about someone to either once per period or once per day. Probably once per day since they could still theoretically spread rumors about 23 different people each day if they happen to have opinions on all of them.
Personally i dont mind NPCs spreading rumors about me (or anyone else, for that matter). If theres one thing that bothers me - its mechanical. OUR bad rumors increase dislike count. THEIRS hate count. Kind of an imbalance, really... but they dont do that often enough to matter.

Reactions: Grim

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Personally i dont mind NPCs spreading rumors about me (or anyone else, for that matter). If theres one thing that bothers me - its mechanical. OUR bad rumors increase dislike count. THEIRS hate count. Kind of an imbalance, really... but they dont do that often enough to matter.
I don't mind the rumor spreading in general, but some NPCs will spam rumors about the same person repeatedly in the same period. I feel like they should find something else or someone else to talk about. I also don't care if NPCs spam each other with interactions. I just don't like them bothering me.

That's interesting that NPC bad rumors cause hate. I wasn't aware of that. I use the Eris module on my PC so I guess I'm on equal footing with them.

Edit: So I guess that would mean that the Eris module on an NPC doesn't really serve a purpose if their remors already cause hate by default. Or I guess it just adds additional hate.

Last edited:

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
That's interesting that NPC bad rumors cause hate. I wasn't aware of that. I use the Eris module on my PC so I guess I'm on equal footing with them.

Edit: So I guess that would mean that the Eris module on an NPC doesn't really serve a purpose if their remors already cause hate by default. Or I guess it just adds additional hate.
I dont actually know how this specific module works on NPCs. NPCs already spread hate with bad rumors, and the Eris module turns the players dislike gain into hate gain... i guess it doesnt do anything on NPCs then? No idea... and i probably wont have one, since strip i cards of modules.

Up to you do test this, then!

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I dont actually know how this specific module works on NPCs. NPCs already spread hate with bad rumors, and the Eris module turns the players dislike gain into hate gain... i guess it doesnt do anything on NPCs then? No idea... and i probably wont have one, since strip i cards of modules.

Up to you do test this, then!
Don't even need to test since the module isn't that complicated. It doesn't actually do any sort of dislike to hate conversion. All it does is add 90 hate points for each bad rumor. So I guess for the PC it's adding hate in addition to the dislike, and I guess if NPCs are already causing hate then it's just an additional 90 hate points on top of whatever their rumors normally cause.

Edit: So I decided to do some testing anyway. Are you sure the PC's rumors are supposed to add Dislike? I just tested having the PC (Observer) with no modules spread a bad rumor about Test Subject B to Test Subject A, and it caused Hate:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If I make Test Subject A spread a bad rumor about Observer to Test Subject B it causes the same amount of Hate:

With the Eris module, it just doubles the amount of Hate gained:

Last edited:

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Don't even need to test since the module isn't that complicated. It doesn't actually do any sort of dislike to hate conversion. All it does is add 90 hate points for each bad rumor. So I guess for the PC it's adding hate in addition to the dislike, and I guess if NPCs are already causing hate then it's just an additional 90 hate points on top of whatever their rumors normally cause.

Edit: So I decided to do some testing anyway. Are you sure the PC's rumors are supposed to add Dislike? I just tested having the PC (Observer) with no modules spread a bad rumor about Test Subject B to Test Subject A, and it caused Hate:

If I make Test Subject A spread a bad rumor about Observer to Test Subject B it causes the same amount of Hate:

With the Eris module, it just doubles the amount of Hate gained:
I am 100% certain players bad rumors produce dislike count. Maybe because you were spectating, the game treated your spectated character as an NPC? Thats the only explanation i can come up with.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I am 100% certain players bad rumors produce dislike count. Maybe because you were spectating, the game treated your spectated character as an NPC? Thats the only explanation i can come up with.
I wasn't actually spectating as in I didn't have the auto-PC mode turned in. I spread the bad rumor manually.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I wasn't actually spectating as in I didn't have the auto-PC mode turned in. I spread the bad rumor manually.
Huh... 1 sec. Gotta do some digging through this thread.

EDIT: back in this post, you can clearly see ive generated a ton of dislikes in my girl towards the other guy. Im thinking theres maybe a global module youre missing? Are you sure the cards are completely "clean"?

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
To elaborate on my testing setup, I was manually controlling Observer when I did the Spread Bad Rumor interaction from PC -> NPC, but I used an unreleased module to force the NPC (Test Subject A) to perform a specific interaction (Spread Bad Rumor) towards the other NPC (Test Subject B) about Observer.

While the NPC -> NPC interaction would be difficult to observe without a lot of patience or writing a trigger for it, the PC -> NPC interaction is easily tested. Just make a game with 3 characters, have the PC spread a bad rumor about one NPC to the other, make a quicksave right after a successful interaction, and then load the save in QtEdit to check the result

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
To elaborate on my testing setup, I was manually controlling Observer when I did the Spread Bad Rumor interaction from PC -> NPC, but I used an unreleased module to force the NPC (Test Subject A) to perform a specific interaction (Spread Bad Rumor) towards the other NPC (Test Subject B) about Observer.

While the NPC -> NPC interaction would be difficult to observe without a lot of patience or writing a trigger for it, the PC -> NPC interaction is easily tested. Just make a game with 3 characters, have the PC spread a bad rumor about one NPC to the other, make a quicksave right after a successful interaction, and then load the save in QtEdit to check the result
Well, i know for a fact that spamming 3 bad rumors (successfully) results in 9 dislike count towards the target. Im certain players bad rumors only generate dislike. Dont know what else to tell you.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Well, i know for a fact that spamming 3 bad rumors (successfully) results in 9 dislike count towards the target. Im certain players bad rumors only generate dislike. Dont know what else to tell you.
Well I don't see how our 2 games could be different in that regard. The only other possibility is some trait determines if it causes Dislike or not. None of the characters in my test had any traits.

Edit: I made 3 new characters, all left at their defaults aside from their names. In this test a successful bad rumor from the PC also resulted in 3 hate count:
Untitled.jpg

If your rumors are only causing dislike then there must be something else that has an influence on it such as traits, gender, virtue, sexual orientation, or possibly some combination of them. Certainly warrants further testing to figure out what's going on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monosomething

LucieHeartsG

Dec 20, 2022
Hello everyone, do you have sometimes problem with some texture on character ? and I don't know how to make a female a futanari and let her having pe***

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes