Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Yes but it says i have to enable and use just one, how do i enable it?
I don't know because I don't know what "it" is that you're referring to. A number of mods come with shadowsets and often you don't even need to use them. You'll have to give more details about what mod you're talking about and what you're trying to do.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Puppet
Can be commanded to perform a specified action.
[NPC Only]

Details:
This module will allow you to command an NPC equipped with it to perform many different actions. This includes both actions targeting another character, and actions with no target such as minna actions.

Globals:
These globals can be edited by the user. The only one that's required to be set is PUP_ACTION_ID. The others are optional/situational.
  • PUP_ACTION_ID: The ID number of the action that the puppet will perform. You can find a list of actions and their IDs .
  • PUP_CONVO_ABOUT_CHAR_NAME: If the interaction requires a 3rd character that's being talked about, such as when a character is spreading a rumor about someone, this global is where you would set the name of the character being talked about. The name should be in the format of Lastname Firstname.
  • PUP_TARGET_NPC_KEY: The key that you press to make the puppet NPC interact with another NPC. Whoever the PC has targeted is the NPC that will be interacted with. Set to 'e' by default.
  • PUP_TARGET_OTHER_KEY: The key that you press to make the puppet NPC interact with the PC, or to perform actions that don't require a target. Set to 'r' by default.
Puppets can only be configured to perform one type of action at a time, so you'll have to load the card into the editor and modify PUP_ACTION_ID whenever you want to set a new action. You can also put the module on multiple NPCs to set up more complex scenarios, such as commanding puppet NPC1 to start a conversation with NPC2, and then commanding puppet NPC3 to interrupt the conversation. In scenarios involving multiple puppets you'll have to edit the targeting keys on each card to something different, otherwise every NPC with the module will respond to the same key.

Known Issues:
  • If the puppet attempts to interact with their target and is unable to for whatever reason, they may enter a cooldown state where they will stop trying to perform any actions, and pressing the command key won't have any effect on them. They will eventually break out of this state after some time, or if a character starts a conversation with them, at which point they may automatically re-attempt to perform the interaction with the target, and the command key will function again. This cooldown state isn't a bug with the module, and is just something that the game does to prevent repeated interactions towards a target that's currently unavailable.
  • Not every action can be performed in this manner, and some will only work under certain circumstances. I haven't personally tested every single action in the game, so you'll have to experiment to figure out which ones don't work. Some that I'm aware of in the linked interaction list that don't work correctly are:
    1. Any just listed as ???
    2. 61: Everyone, let's get along with @
    3. 105: Change clothes
    4. 106: Stalking
    5. 107: Stare from afar
    6. 108: Study (alone)
    7. 109: Exercise (alone)
    8. 110: Do club activities (alone)
One of the tools I've been using to test triggers, among other things.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Monosomething

Okabe Zero-Link

Dec 11, 2022
Anyone can get this to work on Linux with Lutris, please tell me how to get past the ppx issue if possible or how you get the game to start (Game not started with ppx, give unhandled exception; start with pp2: white screen+music and nothing else, no matter what I try). I already install everything into my prefix, btw

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes