nevermind25

Jan 11, 2018
Damm, i had hopes for Ai girl, is it really that bad?
It has probably the worst optimization amongst all their games, while graphically being inferior to previously released PlayHome or HoneySelect, in those games there were only small locations, so everything could look normal. In this game, there's a "big" island, that has a LOT of models and textures, and clearly back when they wrote the engine for the previous games they didn't keep in mind that it would need a lot of optimization for bigger scenes. The island itself is boring AF. The only activity for you here is to gather resources. For what purpose? To build better equipment for gathering recourses! You can build your own bases, but it's so tedious to gather materials and mess with the base editor, and there's no real reason to bother. There's a whole separate island that is completely empty - just so that you can build your "dream base" but no one ever will bother to actually do that. There can only be a few other characters present at the same time on the island, their only purpose is to run around, occasionally spout nonsense, be useless, and provide sex from time to time. They also need to be fed and kept in warm, cured from illnesses. If you ignore that stuff, eventually they collapse and won't recover until you fix their problems. If a girl collapses somewhere out of reach, then she's gone for good. Also their AI is pathetically stupid (oh irony, the game's called "AI girl"), they outright refuse to sleep and eat from time to time, don't go inside near the fireplace when it's raining (and then catch a cold). There is no end goal, no story (the storyline though exists, but there's no ending, the gist of it is - talk about boring nonsense with a trader character and unlock all locations on island. When you unlock the 2nd island it's the end of the storyline and you are free to do whatever). The sotyline progression goes as follows: you have to find some locked door, wait about 1-2 hrs, gain the right to unlock it or craft the required item to unlock it, and then look for the next one. Oh yes, you can also go fishing, but it's done worse than in the Madagascar game from 2005 (how did i even remember that!). There is no true freemod for the ecchi lovers, you are forced to play by the island's rules, and that is you can't edit anything quickly, you are not guaranteed to get to the H part instantly, you are in for a headache. The body editor is a straight rip off from playhome, so it can't even boast having "realistic H graphics!" So far, it's undeniably the lowest effort game illusion has ever produced, i'd even call it a SCAM on their part, if the other version wasn't obvious - they are just lazy idiots who can't code properly and can't design their games properly.

nevermind25

Jan 11, 2018
For me, there's one thing that makes AA2 superior to Koikatsu....you can play as a girl. Also in Koikatsu you're stuck being the top in the sex scenes and can't be a bottom (or sub).
in koikatsu there's not as much freedom of interaction as in aa2, you can't fight other characters or force them to fight each other, you can't get your teacher fired for fucking his\her students, there's no need to guess your status of relationship with other characters - it's always positive as long as you talk with them. You can't have male classmates as competition, girls don't compete for you too. Because of that it's just like a rip off from AA2. Don't entirely understand why this game exists in the shape and form that it does. However, it wasn't supposed to be an AA3. I think that it was supposed to be entirely a VN with interactive H scenes, but somewhere along the way they decided to experiment and add open world sandbox into it, cutting the story into separate optional questlines, all of which, by the way, i consider pretty badly written. Also i fucking hate how everytime in H scenes when you switch position or whatever the girl has to spend 10 seconds saying useless stuff and just halting the process. Is it due to long background loading times, to mask them? Or is it another stupid idea from designers? Who knows, but it's been plaguing all recent illusion releases.

Feb 20, 2019
in koikatsu there's not as much freedom of interaction as in aa2, you can't fight other characters or force them to fight each other, you can't get your teacher fired for fucking his\her students, there's no need to guess your status of relationship with other characters - it's always positive as long as you talk with them. You can't have male classmates as competition, girls don't compete for you too. Because of that it's just like a rip off from AA2. Don't entirely understand why this game exists in the shape and form that it does. However, it wasn't supposed to be an AA3. I think that it was supposed to be entirely a VN with interactive H scenes, but somewhere along the way they decided to experiment and add open world sandbox into it, cutting the story into separate optional questlines, all of which, by the way, i consider pretty badly written. Also i fucking hate how everytime in H scenes when you switch position or whatever the girl has to spend 10 seconds saying useless stuff and just halting the process. Is it due to long background loading times, to mask them? Or is it another stupid idea from designers? Who knows, but it's been plaguing all recent illusion releases.
Yeah the performance for Koikatsu is just horrible and the loading screens are sooooooo goddamn loooong. The only good thing in my opinion was the customization but that's about it.

Reactions: Hayran

Sayo11

Nov 30, 2017
Its been forever since I played aa2, where do you put the character cards to add them to the game?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Have you already tried the combinations they mention ?

Iirc, the last time I had the normal install (not mini), I changed to Japanese locale so it would calm down
I had Japanese locale from the start and those combinations are only possible with AAU installed. AAU is part of the problem because of the first part of my comment, it was crashing every two seconds with an unhandled exception that gave an error code similar to BSOD codes in format, the 0x00000 format. Using the latest version of AAU actually gives error codes like that the second you hit the start button in the launcher if you try wined3d, I always used the type 2 option. I put that in my issue report to them as well, that wined3d instantly and constantly causes unhandled exceptions. What I am trying to do is get the original, unmodded version running on 10 to hold me until they get to my issue and, after my original comment, I found a DLL that works. For anyone wanting to avoid AAU for any reason, I have attached a working DLL, put it in the exact same place as the EXE for the game.

Reactions: Cul

Farofero

Dec 1, 2018
guys, I installed the game normally and it comes in English and everything, but the problem is that the characters don't appear on the screen, only the landscapes appear, I'm walking but I don't see my character does anyone know how to fix? Not only my character, none appears, and I already clicked button 4 and nothing happens.

Last edited:

Ravager210

Oct 8, 2019
So, I haven't played this game in about a year, but it worked fine then. I tried to play it today, and when I click on the EXE for the game, it doesn't start. When I run as admin, same deal. If I try to run it using Locale Emulator, admin or not, it actually produces a crash dump file.

Has anyone run into a similar problem? AA2 Maker is working perfectly fine, but AA2 itself just won't run even though I haven't touched the game or its files in a year.

RhinoHeadbutt

Sep 9, 2017
You will find a majority of the cards found on weeaboo.org and . No slick interface, unfortunately.

The new cards made by /aa2g/ are Keep in mind that most will require AA2 Unlimited.

You will have to regularly check /aa2g/ in order to keep track of new or updated cards.

Reactions: derjeniche and Cul

Zakon98

Feb 6, 2019
Hope someone will help me. I'm doing everything as mentioned in installation guide, but the game is all in Japanese and i cant find the way to fix it( help me pls

Jul 17, 2017
Hello everybody, i need help please somebody who can guide me to the real installations path...
I was installed everything follow by instructions offered on first page and on website wiki.anime-sharing...and the problem is when i was install Artificial Academy 2 HF Patch 4.11 i get this repetitive errors till final installation but running without translated HFpatch... what can i do

Screenshot (1).png

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2017
Hello everybody, i need help please somebody who can guide me to the real installations path...
I was installed everything follow by instructions offered on first page and on website wiki.anime-sharing...and the problem is when i was install Artificial Academy 2 HF Patch 4.11 i get this repetitive errors till final installation but running without translated HFpatch... what can i do

View attachment 533761
Don't worry i was find another source to install on ytbe and it's done works everyting...bye

Jul 17, 2017
Don't worry i was find another source to install on ytbe and it's done works everyting...bye
Now, i really find what is the real problem was that's happening to forget to thick beta unicode utf-8 and for windows10 use sbapplocale file who can be find searching on google by yourself or you can PM me Screenshot (2).png

Last edited:
Reactions: Cul

Toa Narumi

Jul 21, 2018
1580542248822.png
Untitled.png

1580543577224.png
My fps drop to 2 even tho I been using Gtx 1060 graphic card
is there any fix?
and it detect my windows as 8 but actually mine is 10

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes