Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I need help with this error. (I know, this again)
View attachment 639357
I've already downloaded the "missing" d3dx9.dll file to solve that problem. Now I encountered this one as well. I've read same problem reoccurring in this thread but none of it ain't helping one bit. Mostly bcuz they are on Windows 10 and I'm on Windows 7.

I know I'm no techno geek but nothing like a simple explanation would help.
First things first, It looks like you are using the new AA2mini/unlimited pack. All that stuff about dlls doesn't apply anymore. so downloading a new dll could be fucking things up. I would move it out of the folder for the time being. Keep it somewhere else in the event that you do actually need it but odds are you will not.

Secondly, Did you follow the steps in the Modern installation guide in the OP? If you didn't start over and do everything listed follow EVERY instruction to the letter. After you have done that test and report back if you are still having issues. If you are still having issues we can look at them more in depth but I need you to do the basics first.

Reactions: WubbA_Wob

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Says nothing about 3d room install
Hey look. it is a section of the very guide I suggested totally dedicated to 3D room.....

Imagine that....

1588283897850.png

Most if not all questions can be answered from the guide in the OP. Forgive me being an asshole about it but I literally see questions everyday like yours that could be answered if you read the OP....

lolotech

Oct 7, 2018
Most if not all questions can be answered from the guide in the OP. Forgive me being an asshole about it but I literally see questions everyday like yours that could be answered if you read the OP....
Its not that its that these sheets literally makes my eyes bleed, I could teach a 5 year old to write better instructions with crayons.... I have been through them several times, I just don't know where to look.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Go to the OP.

Look here:

1588284404213.png

Select Modern installation guide for AA2

read through it. specifically step 5 that I posted just one post ago for you. It is that easy.

If you still cannot figure it out then please download the copy of the game I included a few thread entries back it has everything without the need to install things.

Again forgive my snarkiness. Shitty day for me, but this should be enough to get what you need. If not, perhaps you could provide more to work with then "I can't make it work" and I will try and give suggestions.

lolotech

Oct 7, 2018
3rd post down on page 64, i did try and explain what i did, nobody replied.
"In the mega link" what mega link? gave up, went to clicked, 3D Rooms

Trying to get 3d rooms working, apparently it needs aa2 install
Created new folder with both of them in there, extracted aa2install
Slapped the 3d rooms.7z in the mods folder of aa2install
ran aa2install, fixed path for [Preferences] > registry fixer
under [Mods] checked [AA2][3D Rooms][v16] and Synchronized, hit yes
Tried again under force install
Mods still not displaying?
I downloaded the game 4-5 days ago via page 1 torrent, or you mean the 2 google links u uploaded in your message?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
give me screenshots of your game directory and error messages please.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Okay so these screenshots confirm what I already expected when you mentioned AA2 install.

You are not following the guide.

So with that being said here is what you need to do.

- Delete everything. all of it that mod you put in the entire game ALL OF IT.
- either redownload the game again or unpack the archive if you have an archive of it still.
-Then go to the guide as I clearly outlined already previously and follow ALL the steps! ALL OF THEM!

If you cannot accomplish this then I cannot help you. this is the first step and if you cannot install the base game correctly or are putting software in the game in places that it doesn't belong there is really nothing I can do for you.

Long story short. You are not following the instructions and it is not working. So please do yourself a favor and read the guide.

lolotech

Oct 7, 2018
You know the reason why I never asked about editing characters, why the game didn't run or had slow fps, was because I did actually read the install guide, I search the thread. etc

So when you say read the guide its actually the parts I cant decipher...
but all good, sorry to bother you, I might try ask [ScrewThisNoise] on nyaa to see if his willing to make an AIO

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
You the the reason why I never asked about editing characters, why the game didn't run or had slow fps, was because I did actually read the install guide, I search the tread. etc

So when you say read the guide its actually the parts I cant decipher...
but all good, sorry to bother you, I might try ask [ScrewThisNoise] on nyaa to see if his willing to make an AIO
Okay if you don't understand the instructions that is a different story. I wish you had said so sooner, or if you have it is my fault for not seeing that.

Simpler solution then

https://f95zone.to/threads/artificial-academy-2-illusion.1336/post-3381408

go to that thread and download the game. This is my copy of the game. no install needed.

lolotech

Oct 7, 2018
Done that as well. Ok so the 3D mod only triggers on Player and AI animation not changing the overall map as i originally thought (some of the positioning of AI/AI H was just way off - hard to see/appreciate).

I see a new personality, uncensored works and I think that's the 3D mod working.

The torrent version on page 1 works fine and is 1/5th the size of yours (though its very vanilla with mod manager etc).

I had a heavily modded honey select so modding isn't impossible for me, just that I hate how seasoned moders write "instructions" which are notes and they are not the same. With Hongfire gone and this being such an old game. Its nice to see people like you and [ScrewThisNoise] on nyaa making AIO.

Thank you.

WubbA_Wob

Dec 8, 2019
First things first, It looks like you are using the new AA2mini/unlimited pack. All that stuff about dlls doesn't apply anymore. so downloading a new dll could be fucking things up. I would move it out of the folder for the time being. Keep it somewhere else in the event that you do actually need it but odds are you will not.

Secondly, Did you follow the steps in the Modern installation guide in the OP? If you didn't start over and do everything listed follow EVERY instruction to the letter. After you have done that test and report back if you are still having issues. If you are still having issues we can look at them more in depth but I need you to do the basics first.
I'm sorry in advance, for any trouble that I am causing you right now. I'm really trying to learn the basics of this cuz I am new to this. Yes I know, that using the shortcut method (downloading your "2 parts" pre-installed game file) is one way to solve this never ending problem. But I have 2 reasons to not to; I'm willing to learn to manually install this game (especially with adding mods and patches), and lastly, I'm only using mobile data (for a 4.6+GB files to download the file, it's too much for me to handle). Moving on.....

OK so, I've looked up the Modern Installation Guide that you've recommended to me earlier (I've already downloaded the game file "AA2mini" (1.5GB) in the OP. For any clarification, (The only process of "installation" that I did and followed was DOWNLOAD -> EXTRACT using WinRar -> That's it.)

Question: (for STEP 1.) First thing that I noticed was the specs req. for this game...
1. Will the game works on DirectX11? It said that it needs to be on DX9?
2. Do I still need to install (C++ 2015 Distribute x64) when I already have the ver. (2005, 2008, 2010, 2012,and 2017 both x64 x86)?
3. What is the use of "AA2Mini.torrent" file? I've downloaded it as stated in the guide but I don't know the use of it.

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I'm sorry in advance, for any trouble that I am causing you right now. I'm really trying to learn the basics of this cuz I am new to this.

OK so, I've looked up the Modern Installation Guide that you've recommended to me earlier (I've already downloaded the game file "AA2mini" (1.5GB) in the OP. For any clarification, (The only process of "installation" that I did and followed was DOWNLOAD -> EXTRACT using WinRar -> That's it.)

Question: (for STEP 1.) First thing that I noticed was the specs req. for this game...
1. Will the game works on DirectX11? It said that it needs to be on DX9?
2. Do I still need to install (C++ 2015 Distribute x64) when I already have the ver. (2005, 2008, 2010, 2012,and 2017 both x64 x86)?
3. What is the use of "AA2Mini.torrent" file? I've downloaded it as stated in the guide but I don't know the use of it.
Don't worry about asking questions. despite being in a piss poor mood today if I didn't want to help i would just not respond :ROFLMAO:

as for your questions:

1.) DirectX is generally has backwards compatibility. (my computer has directX 12 but I can run games requiring DX9/10/11/12 just fine. You would need to be on a very old computer to have to worry about not having the right direct X from my understanding.

2) you should already have the C++ distribute if not the game will tell you you don't have it and to download it. I would say if you are up to date on windows update you are fine.

3.) AA2mini.torrent is a torrent. Think of torrents as a way get the game files by them being shared from many different users at the same time. If you have already downloaded it from MEGA or NOPY or something else you don't need the torrent. if you have downloaded the torrent you will need a program to run it properly download the torrent and get the game files.

Feel free to ask questions. I don't mind helping. If I seem to be annoyed by the questions that is not the fact you asked but rather I am just in a shitty mood / naturally an asshole. Think nothing of it. :)

Reactions: WubbA_Wob

WubbA_Wob

Dec 8, 2019
Don't worry about asking questions. despite being in a piss poor mood today if I didn't want to help i would just not respond :ROFLMAO:

as for your questions:

1.) DirectX is generally has backwards compatibility. (my computer has directX 12 but I can run games requiring DX9/10/11/12 just fine. You would need to be on a very old computer to have to worry about not having the right direct X from my understanding.

2) you should already have the C++ distribute if not the game will tell you you don't have it and to download it. I would say if you are up to date on windows update you are fine.

3.) AA2mini.torrent is a torrent. Think of torrents as a way get the game files by them being shared from many different users at the same time. If you have already downloaded it from MEGA or NOPY or something else you don't need the torrent. if you have downloaded the torrent you will need a program to run it properly download the torrent and get the game files.

Feel free to ask questions. I don't mind helping. If I seem to be annoyed by the questions that is not the fact you asked but rather I am just in a shitty mood / naturally an asshole. Think nothing of it. :)
Ok thank you for replying to me even in that situation (+ Respect), I would not mind if you can take a break and respond back at a later date.

So anyway . . . .
I guess I'm clear on STEP 1. but why it still doesnt work tho? Guess I'm moving on to STEP 2.

Yes I know, that using the shortcut method (downloading your "2 parts" pre-installed game file) is one way to solve this never ending problem. But I have 2 reasons to not to; I'm willing to learn to manually install this game (especially with adding mods and patches), and lastly, I'm only using mobile data (for a 4.6+GB files to download the file, it's too much for me to handle). Moving on.....
I guess this one isn't the proper way, right?
For any clarification, (The only process of "installation" that I did and followed was DOWNLOAD -> EXTRACT using WinRar -> That's it.)

Last edited:

OrangeGoat

May 23, 2018
Its not that its that these sheets literally makes my eyes bleed, I could teach a 5 year old to write better instructions with crayons.... I have been through them several times, I just don't know where to look.
iwillfuckyouup.png

I wrote that guide and suffered many fools rewriting it over and over again to make it as idiotproof as possible and all the last page of exchanges tells me is that I should crown you the king of them all for not only insulting my guide but attempting to use aa2install at the same time.

"- Mods are now drag and drop, which means AA2Install, Wizzard, and ANY other external mod program is outdated."

In the very top of my guide, right there, and you still insisted on AA2Install. Do I need to make that part larger to accommodate anyone else here?

ninjajay2417

Jul 30, 2018
I dont get this game at all....even when the percentage at the top is well over 100% and I try and hug or something it fails...

lolotech

Oct 7, 2018
@ OrangeGoat

Spreadsheet TIPS
  • [View] > [_] Gridlines, Uncheck those Gridlines
  • Learn to use wrap text or cut text off, with informative headers 1-4 words, if its important they'll read it
  • Spreadsheets work top down not left right
  • Use proper use of space, why would you extend a single page to 3 this isn't a padded resume
  • If you have to exceed width standards try angled text they do sexfully well
  • Never use large font unless your intention is TLDR (To Long Didnt Read)
  • If you are using large areas without color try setting the page background to a light grey or hinted color to reduce eye strain

Below is a sheet for Custom Order Maid 2, I care very little about, its just a place for me to dump data. But doing something right the first time beats someone doing something wrong 100x.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Look up Barnum or Forer Effect its a term used for a psychological study which is used predominantly on horoscopes. I use this in reverse here, if 85% of people are struggling to understand your instructions and keep asking questions its probably not the 85% that is something wrong with.

Also if you care enough to get offended, you should care enough to take some advice. You can start with the tips above

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes