JP110

Apr 14, 2018
Hi, i got the same problem, i cannot launch both aa2edit.exe and aa2play.exe. I played on Win8.1 64bit.
I tried reinstalling directx, .net and vs c++ 2015, running as admin, app locale, changing compability but none of those work.
Can you tell me how did you fix your problem? :FacePalm:
Here are things that I did.

I downloaded All in One Runtimes. Here is link: (Translate german to english as it is in german.

AIO Runtimes reinstalls/installs or updates the c++ packages along with some runtimes (e.g. Silverlight, Java).

Also make sure your software is up to date, check for software updates as it also update your .net framework and driver.

There could also be problem with your 32-bit dll, search for instructions on how to fix this. (many sites to list).

You can search on how to fix the (0xc000007b) error in the web for more information regarding the issue.

Reactions: thedarkside1949

Fazel

Jul 20, 2017
Ok, this is the third instance of the game that just doesn't start.
I tried to reinstall my old copy.
Then a modded one found around when I wanted to try again.
Now this (in both OP version and the one that Silentce uploaded on Google Drive).

The OP version just get stuck when I press "play". Nothing happens, AA2Unlimited launcher stuck forever. Silentce version seems to be a little better because the launcher closes itself (how I think it's supposed to do) but than again, nothing happens.
There is no error message, no crash, the game just don't start. Only once in like 20 times that I try you can see the original launcher for a split second and then nothing. No process, nothing.

The Editor works perfectly. I've tried both with and without Windows 10 fix (even if that should fix something inside the game), or the wined3d.

I'm on Windows 10 64bit. Both C++ installed. Different Drivers used (since I had this same issue in very different times of the year).

Tried to search on google and here, nobody seems to have my problem.

Please, tell me I'm an idiot and I'm doing something really stupid, really wrong xD
Thanks for the help, anyway.

Reactions: Dopplyn

thedarkside1949

Nov 16, 2018
Here are things that I did.

I downloaded All in One Runtimes. Here is link: (Translate german to english as it is in german.

AIO Runtimes reinstalls/installs or updates the c++ packages along with some runtimes (e.g. Silverlight, Java).

Also make sure your software is up to date, check for software updates as it also update your .net framework and driver.

There could also be problem with your 32-bit dll, search for instructions on how to fix this. (many sites to list).

You can search on how to fix the (0xc000007b) error in the web for more information regarding the issue.
Thank you for the quick response :) .
I'm going to try the aio package, i did do some tinkering in the registry sometimes before to install the c++ packages though, maybe this causes some problem.
Nostalgia has a price i guess :HideThePain:

lolotech

Oct 7, 2018
Fazel

Try doing this for AAPlay.exe
right click > Properties
[Compatibility] tab
Change high DPI Settings (if options grey'd out) click Change settings for all users then 'Change high DPI settings'
Tick Program DPI and High DPI scaling override

And yes I have done it with my AA, I had to do it with stationmaster too cause windows10 scaling is horrible and sometimes messes up the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Fazel

Shalls210

Oct 18, 2018
I was going into a scene and then the bell rang and it made my game freeze and I lost all my progress during that day and I did ALOT! of progress

RJP

Aug 12, 2017
When the girl ask for sex, they never drag me to a secret room, is always in the same place she is asking... Imagine playing as teacher, how to dont fail in the game with that happening?

A hint guys, you can hear the characters talking in the background if you mark it on options, the native game dont have it marked for some reason. This option dont make me lag more than before, so its a nice thing.

Fazel

Jul 20, 2017
Fazel

Try doing this for AAPlay.exe
right click > Properties
[Compatibility] tab
Change high DPI Settings (if options grey'd out) click Change settings for all users then 'Change high DPI settings'
Tick Program DPI and High DPI scaling override

And yes I have done it with my AA, I had to do it with stationmaster too cause windows10 scaling is horrible and sometimes messes up the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you very much for the answer but nothing changed :(

Still, I have something to add, maybe it can help.
While trying to open the game for 20 times, waiting for something to happen, the game actually started once. It took almost 5 minutes to start and then it got stuck on "Now Loading" forever.

Oh, and when the Unlimited laucher or the game get stuck like that I can't do anything. Exiting prompts the normal Windows' "the program is not responding" message, and then it gets stuck in "waiting windows to close the program"; if I try to kill the process nothing happens. It dies by itself like 30 minutes after.

I really have no idea what else to do.

lolotech

Oct 7, 2018
Fazel
Try one at a time hopefully one works
  1. [Graphics] tab turn the Antialiasing lower, or make sure the resolution is 720 or 1080, seems to have warning/trouble if you do others, can try without full screen
  2. [AA2Unlimited] tab .pp2 cacheMB if you have low memory those values needs to be lower, make sure you note what the default one's are
  3. In [Scripts] tab, did u toggle between either (not both at same time) wined3d and win10fx, one of them should be on, least from my exp for win 10. make sure their in top of the list
People ignored my previous post but I did mention vanilla version it crashed randomly between 1-120 mins on me gaming pc, but me media pc with onboard graphics worked solid, no Antialiasing though. If none of that works, bad install or just bad reaction to graphics card..

Reactions: Fazel

Fazel

Jul 20, 2017
Fazel
Try one at a time hopefully one works
  1. [Graphics] tab turn the Antialiasing lower, or make sure the resolution is 720 or 1080, seems to have warning/trouble if you do others, can try without full screen
  2. [AA2Unlimited] tab .pp2 cacheMB if you have low memory those values needs to be lower, make sure you note what the default one's are
  3. In [Scripts] tab, did u toggle between either (not both at same time) wined3d and win10fx, one of them should be on, least from my exp for win 10. make sure their in top of the list
People ignored my previous post but I did mention vanilla version it crashed randomly between 1-120 mins on me gaming pc, but me media pc with onboard graphics worked solid, no Antialiasing though. If none of that works, bad install or just bad reaction to graphics card..
Ok, now I really feel like a stupid, but the important thing is that it works now. And what did I do? NOTHING! No, I mean, literally nothing: I just have to wait TEN minutes straight without even touching both launcher and game and then everything works fine o_O
If I touch anything in gets stuck and never run o_O

What the hell? XD

Regarding your suggestions I tried fullscreen and window and I tried both a lower resolution and a 16:9 one. I'm already using the Win10fx because without even the editor (that always worked fine) was laggy. I will test the cache resize but I had this problem also with the vanilla game, so I don't think it should be related to that.

Thank you for your time anyway lolotech. Again, the important thing is that now it works xD

inconnuG

Sep 10, 2018
hello I offer you my character creation page! Koikatsu and from AA2, I will soon also started AA! I do all the anime and manga! and but own creation arrives! if you have any comments or ideas i'm here and everything is yes!
my.png

slowman

Jan 18, 2019
Considering all the trouble people have with getting this game to work and the installation I am going to do everyone a solid and I am uploading my copy of the game to my google drive. I purged my saves however kept a few of the cards I downloaded. For the most part the game should be stable and work out of the box. You might have to change some settings but it will NOT require you to download any mods or install uncensored patches to have the whole experience. i took alot of the BS out of it so you can just play the game. (assuming it works and doesn't require you to set anything in the registry. I assume it will work okay but if it doesn't then I'm sorry. Impossible for me to test.)

Will take about 2 hours to upload but I will include links when it is done below:

Part 1: done
Part 2: done

It would also be appreciated if someone could take these files and maybe uploading them somewhere a bit more permanent (like mega). I probably won't keep them on my Google drive forever and I have no desire to create a mega account.
Hey i played the game and other than maybe needing some instructions on how to extract the parts (as after extracting both parts i somehow ended up with 2 sets of executables for aa2 it worked fine after just opening the correct exe, As i said i have no problem hosting it but i have no experience updating a main thread i will host a download on mega after this post (currently archiving the files), I dont know if you want to update the OP at all.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Hey i played the game and other than maybe needing some instructions on how to extract the parts (as after extracting both parts i somehow ended up with 2 sets of executables for aa2 it worked fine after just opening the correct exe, As i said i have no problem hosting it but i have no experience updating a main thread i will host a download on mega after this post (currently archiving the files), I dont know if you want to update the OP at all.
The OP is not mine so updating it isn't something I intend to do or worry about. mention the thread owner or a mod and ask them to update the OP. that is their call though.

Also the instructions already exist I believe for what executable to use. There should be 3 in the folder. One for the game, one for the maker, and one for QT which is a database editor from my understanding or functions like one. lets you edit character metrics essentially. (example lower a girls stats or make her a virgin again.)

slowman

Jan 18, 2019
The OP is not mine so updating it isn't something I intend to do or worry about. mention the thread owner or a mod and ask them to update the OP. that is their call though.

Also the instructions already exist I believe for what executable to use. There should be 3 in the folder. One for the game, one for the maker, and one for QT which is a database editor from my understanding or functions like one. lets you edit character metrics essentially. (example lower a girls stats or make her a virgin again.)
Ahh ok i was wondering if i had done something wrong extracting some stuff anyway i am currently uploading it to mega right now its taking a while tho,funny thing is that playing the game i had more fun making the character than playing the game.

Reactions: Silentce

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Ahh ok i was wondering if i had done something wrong extracting some stuff anyway i am currently uploading it to mega right now its taking a while tho,funny thing is that playing the game i had more fun making the character than playing the game.
I am the same way. I am the kind of person who Mods a game then never plays it. Making the pack is more fun then the game sometimes.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes