VN Unity Ashes of War [Ch1.19] [CTStudio]

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018

f95 banner.png
Overview:
Thrown into a century long war between the Union and the Kingdoms, a lone starship Captain decides to rebel against his fate. Join him in his galactic journey and discover the various stories that can still bloom in the Ashes of War.
A straightforward Military Sci-fi VN for romance enthusiasts.​

Thread Updated: 2024-03-19
Release Date: 2024-03-16
Developer: Cat's Tooth Studio - - - - -
Censored: No
Version: Ch1.19
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

Previous saves not compatible (saves from 1.15 and beyond should be ok)

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -
Mac: - - - -

HEng.png AMainScreenTest.jpg Screen1.png Screen2.png ScreenBattle.png Base3.png Screen3.png

Last edited by a moderator:

lagaard

Jan 25, 2018
Hmmm, not a bad artstyle at all. Any ideas of future content you plan for? While I can't tell if it'd fit yet, I do feel compelled to ask if there's a chance for any kind of strip mini-games...

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
Hmmm, not a bad artstyle at all. Any ideas of future content you plan for? While I can't tell if it'd fit yet, I do feel compelled to ask if there's a chance for any kind of strip mini-games...
For now, my focus will be to implement the original gameplay features I had in mind, aka basic T-RPG for ship to ship combat, and to make it more like an interactive game rather than a pure VN.

Down the line, I will ponder on what I can implement for the more spicy parts of the content.
I built it in Unity, as it should allow for easier implementation of small gameplay segments / minigames.

Melon

Jun 7, 2017
There seems to be a bug, with saves and quick-saves, that sometimes they will just freeze your game, forcing you to restart. And also not save.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
For now, my focus will be to implement the original gameplay features I had in mind, aka basic T-RPG for ship to ship combat, and to make it more like an interactive game rather than a pure VN.

Down the line, I will ponder on what I can implement for the more spicy parts of the content.
I built it in Unity, as it should allow for easier implementation of small gameplay segments / minigames.
I'd like to know future fetishes/tags, to be more precise I'd like to know if the mc is going to be the only one that fuck the li's (love interests / girls).
Good luck. (y)

Reactions: rogokin

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
There seems to be a bug, with saves and quick-saves, that sometimes they will just freeze your game, forcing you to restart. And also not save.
I was faced with this bug when I told the game to destroy a game object that did not exist.

Sometimes, the "skip" is so fast that it does not load command from my scripts and thus the game is asked to remove an object that does not exist, leading to this error.
I'll probably try to reduce the skip speed to prevent such occurences.

Was this your case or is it something you were faced with early in the game?

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
If this is in early development (you mention yourself that not even RPG elements are introduced yet), it really wouldn't be a v1.00.

Do you mean v0.1?

v1.0 is usually the first release version of a project, that is, after both an alpha and beta phase.

Sometimes I think devs choose to "lie" about their release version to make their project more interesting to people.

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
If this is in early development (you mention yourself that not even RPG elements are introduced yet), it really wouldn't be a v1.00.

Do you mean v0.1?

v1.0 is usually the first release version of a project, that is, after both an alpha and beta phase.

Sometimes I think devs choose to "lie" about their release version to make their project more interesting to people.
Though I completely understand where you're coming from, here's how I see it.
For now, I'm presenting this as a VN. Yes, down the line, I'd like to add features, but as a VN, it stands on its own. I have to iron out a couple of spelling mistakes, and maybe solve a bug or two, but nothing more.
Hence why I called it 1.0.

But once again, the gripes you have are fair.

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes